Author Topic: Ronnie looked terrible in 01  (Read 9168 times)

body88

Ronnie looked terrible in 01
« on: May 29, 2006, 11:22:16 PM »
With all the Doz and Ronnie threads floating around I couldent help but reposting this vid

20dorian%20yates%20muscle

His gut is legit monster status this year! I love how he claims he shaved three inches of his midsection lol. Cutler got robbed. But in 98 and 99 Ronnie was owner of prob the best ever physique. Well up there anyway.

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
Re: Ronnie looked terrible in 01
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2006, 12:31:12 AM »
"Dis yeeah, Am probablee gonna be big n i'll be hole lot mo' define. N ma theemetry, is a whole lot betta becos I wus abel to shafe 3 inches ob ma waiste."

Highway robbery that year. That was Cutler's O.
HAHA, RON.....

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2006, 01:52:42 AM »

yup, it was stupid... cutler was at his best and ronnie was at his worst... i stopped watching the olympia after that... i mean all ifbb contests are hokey, but the olympis is retarded... what's the point of watching when the top 5 is based on politics rather than BBing.

the shadow

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • THE FLAG OF THE ZAPATISTA ARMY OF LIBERATION
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2006, 02:01:24 AM »
yup, it was stupid... cutler was at his best and ronnie was at his worst... i stopped watching the olympia after that... i mean all ifbb contests are hokey, but the olympis is retarded... what's the point of watching when the top 5 is based on politics rather than BBing.
dude plzz tell me how poitics play a role in bodybuilding..any 1 plzz tell me this...i am sick and tired of hearing the word POLITICS IN BODYBUILDING....
RATM RULZ THE WORLD

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2006, 03:35:43 AM »
"Dis yeeah, Am probablee gonna be big n i'll be hole lot mo' define. N ma theemetry, is a whole lot betta becos I wus abel to shafe 3 inches ob ma waiste."

Sweet ebonics.  I felt like the man was in my head when I read that.

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2006, 05:24:52 AM »
dude plzz tell me how poitics play a role in bodybuilding..any 1 plzz tell me this...i am sick and tired of hearing the word POLITICS IN BODYBUILDING....

I agree 100 %. Can any of you guys who say that the Olympia is fixed, answer this question please - why is it that no one has blown the whistle on whoever fixed the contest (Joe weider or otherwise)? There are heaps of guys (and women) who have been in the judging panel and have since drifted away due to various reasons. Why is it that NONE of these guys have ever surfaced to confess the 'fixing' of a contest? Reason - there is no whistle to blow.

There are contests where it's close between first place and second place, like the 97 Mr O or the 2001 Mr O. While one could argue strongly as to why Dorian or Ronnie shouldn't have won each of those respectively, there are also equally strong (and valid) arguments that could be made as to why they SHOULD have. For example, in 2001, Jay looked great in the front, but got blown away (by Ronnie) as soon as they turned around (and IMO, even from the side, albeit to a lesser degree). Jay had the conditioning, while Ronnie had the size and freakishness. Shape was close - it could have gone either way.

Ronnie just had the same problem Dorian had in 1997 or what Flex, Kevin and Chris (cormier) have all had at various points in their careers - he set the standard and raised the bar high. So, when he wasn't able to repeat his previous (best) shape and fell short of expectations, people talk about how he should have lost. But the fact of the matter is, on that day on stage, he had the best overall physique and that is why he won the 2001 Mr O deservedly (as he did everything else).

Rome

• Getbig IV
  • Pics or GTFO!
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2006, 05:28:36 AM »
hmm, who's more marketable a blond with middle America looks OR a black Mr Olympia with a deep southern accent and lacking the "aesthetics" a lot of people talk about? If politics were every going to play a role in bodybuilding, Jay Cutler would have 3-4 Sandows by now. Quit bitchin, BIG RONNIE will will rule until HE decides he won't. No one can out size him and his conditioning can only be matched by sub 220lbers.

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2006, 05:33:15 AM »
hmm, who's more marketable a blond with middle America looks OR a black Mr Olympia with a deep southern accent and lacking the "aesthetics" a lot of people talk about? If politics were every going to play a role in bodybuilding, Jay Cutler would have 3-4 Sandows by now. Quit bitchin, BIG RONNIE will will rule until HE decides he won't. No one can out size him and his conditioning can only be matched by sub 220lbers.

Very well put  8)

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2006, 05:42:07 AM »

I do not think the outcome is predetermined,or fixed, but I do think that if two guys are close,MR. OLYMPIA will get the nod over someone else.I am not saying that is done on purpose necesarily,but maybe it is sort of like "You have to knock out the champ" mentality.

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2006, 05:45:00 AM »
I do not think the outcome is predetermined,or fixed, but I do think that if two guys are close,MR. OLYMPIA will get the nod over someone else.I am not saying that is done on purpose necesarily,but maybe it is sort of like "You have to knock out the champ" mentality.

Agree with you as well. I think that if it's close, the previous winner does have the edge / advantage. Then again, in 1998, Flex had the pre-contest momentum (which reflected in the scores he got in the first 2 rounds), but Ronnie managed to (rightfully) beat him  8)

sculpture

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2006, 06:45:35 AM »
LOL!!!!  I love Ronnie.

Ronnie beat Jay in every area that year.  Yes, gut too, but that's just one area. ok, so Jay beat him in calves, but so what?

Jay also had a gut that year too, which was evident when he and Ronnie were hitting lat spreads.

Unless guts are auto-failures in your book like they are for ND, I don't see how you can objectively say Jay was superior when comparing his strengths with Ronnie one by one.

Guts arent automatic failures for ND Matt. Only if its ronnie coleman in question, hence his endorsement of dorian

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2006, 07:04:57 AM »
Guts arent automatic failures for ND Matt. Only if its ronnie coleman in question, hence his endorsement of dorian

Don't presume to speak for me , because when I correct you , you'll look even more stupid ( if thats possible )  ;)

Guts are an automatic failure , you cannot be Mr Olympia with a gut , it weakens the titles prestige when this happens , I could care less if you stripped everyone single one of Dorian Yates' Mr Olympia titles , I was routing for Flex Wheeler in 1993 , it confused me how Dorian beat Flex with slight destension and a wide waist nevermind the monstrosity of a gut Ronnie has presented , you people seem to think Dorian's waist is as bad as Coleman's its not , Dorian has a wide waist and slight destention , Ronnie looked like he was pregnant , either way both are unacceptable and anyone with a gut should be placed dead last I don't care how spectaular their other parts are , this is the best bodybuilder on the plant??? lol

Ex Coelis

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2006, 07:06:58 AM »
Jay cheated and Ronnie still owned him - Coleman deserved the victory. Accept it and move on . . .

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2006, 07:09:38 AM »
LOL!!!!  I love Ronnie.

Ronnie beat Jay in every area that year.  Yes, gut too, but that's just one area. ok, so Jay beat him in calves, but so what?

Jay also had a gut that year too, which was evident when he and Ronnie were hitting lat spreads.

Unless guts are auto-failures in your book like they are for ND, I don't see how you can objectively say Jay was superior when comparing his strengths with Ronnie one by one.

Jay had a gut? lol show me Jays' gut in 2001 I dare you , Ronnie's gut was hanging all over the place and it was clearly evident in almost every shot

And sorry to bring you to school Matt , but Jay won both the symmetry round & the muscularity round , and yet Ronnie still ' beat ' in the posing round lol man what a complete joke , and to top it all off Ronnie is a terrible poser !! Ronnie lost the 2001 Mr Olymnpia , I know you it , you know it and so does Ronnie .

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2006, 07:11:22 AM »
Jay cheated and Ronnie still owned him - Coleman deserved the victory. Accept it and move on . . .

Ronnie cheated too if you want to get techincal , he used a prop which is agaisnt IFBB policy , so DQ them both !!  ;)

Ex Coelis

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2006, 07:13:04 AM »
Ronnie cheated too if you want to get techincal , he used a prop which is agaisnt IFBB policy , so DQ them both !!  ;)

getting technical on me, eh? don't make me bump my 2001 K-lo Olympia thread . . .

Cavalier22

• Getbig IV
  • Citizens! The Fatherland is in Danger
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2006, 07:17:06 AM »
admit it. colemen did not deserve to win
Valhalla awaits.

Cavalier22

• Getbig IV
  • Citizens! The Fatherland is in Danger
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2006, 07:19:20 AM »
ewww i just watched that video, coleman looked like shit
Valhalla awaits.

Ex Coelis

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2006, 07:21:40 AM »
admit it. colemen did not deserve to win

I watched the prejudging and the finals a dozen times. I watched it with an objective eye the entire time. Jay looked great, don't get me wrong. But the only reason his conditioning was better was becuase of the diuretics. Ill-gotten conditioning aside, the fact is Ronnie overpowered him in every shot. From the back, there was no contest plain and simple. Coleman's back made Jay's and K-Lo's look like children's.

Besides, Jay took diuretics even though they were specifically banned from the contest. Even if you don't think Ronnie deserved to win, does a cheater deserve to?

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2006, 07:22:45 AM »
The best part is he says he shaved 3" off his waist lol what the fuck? his gut is gigantic lol he lost that contest in a major way , he lost the muscularity round & the symmetry rounds lol and he ' beat ' Jay in the posing round? LMFAO what by doing the rasie the roof? to showcase that petite waist with his new and improved symmetry? among the biggest jokes in bodybuilding history !!

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2006, 07:39:30 AM »
Don't you ever get tired of owning yourself?  :-\

No no Matt just like you and the rest of Camp-Coleman he's just exhaling   ::) and Ronnie's was worse  ;)

Ex Coelis

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2006, 07:44:10 AM »

No no Matt just like you and the rest of Camp-Coleman he's just exhaling   ::) and Ronnie's was worse  ;)

so Ronnie had a worse gut and Jay had a worse back, so Jay wins? If that was true, would Dorian have beat Nasser in 96 or 97? Oh but Nasser took diuretics in 96 event hough they were banned so he's disqualified. But, Jay took diuretics event hought hey were banned but he still wins? You suck, ND  :P

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2006, 07:49:37 AM »
Don't you ever get tired of owning yourself?  :-\

I'll tell you what I don't get tired of owning you lol  ;)

Matt's
ND has said on record at ironage that Frank was the better bodybuilder than Shawn.

The only thing Frank had over Shawn was height lol.

Mine  
And three Sandows   and better balance & proportion , Shawn has heavyweights biceps/triceps coupled with a middleweights torso , he has huge squared-off quads and highcalves , Shawn was thicker than Zane , but thats to be expected when Shawn is 5'7" and weighs 20lbs more , so there you go   thats why one is a three time Mr Olympia and one is a three time runner-up !!

lol  ;)

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2006, 07:52:32 AM »
so Ronnie had a worse gut and Jay had a worse back, so Jay wins? If that was true, would Dorian have beat Nasser in 96 or 97? Oh but Nasser took diuretics in 96 event hough they were banned so he's disqualified. But, Jay took diuretics event hought hey were banned but he still wins? You suck, ND  :P

No no Jat WON the musculairty round & the symmetry round , thats why he outright beat Ronnie , 364 days out of the year Jay is not better than Ronnie , on this day he was , period . !! Ronnie was trailing by SIX POINTS going into the posing round and he beat Jay? thats unheard of , and its BS that he would beat Jay in the posing round , Ronnie is the worse poser by far !!  Jay was the better of the two on that night !!

Ex Coelis

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2006, 07:55:53 AM »
No no Jat WON the musculairty round & the symmetry round , thats why he outright beat Ronnie , 364 days out of the year Jay is not better than Ronnie , on this day he was , period . !! Ronnie was trailing by SIX POINTS going into the posing round and he beat Jay? thats unheard of , and its BS that he would beat Jay in the posing round , Ronnie is the worse poser by far !!  Jay was the better of the two on that night !!

for someone with such a boner for Yates' back, its odd that you would overlook Ronnie's utter dominance over Jay cutler from behind. Even more so than Dorian's owning of NAsser from the back