Author Topic: Ronnie looked terrible in 01  (Read 9169 times)

body88

Re: Ronnie looked terrible in 01
« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2006, 08:02:37 AM »
Love or hate Coleman he lost that O. Jay may have had a "gut" in some random shot were he was clearly exhaling. But fact is his midsection was rock hard and flat as a pancake. Coleman has a massive gut at all times. You could find a shot of Steve Reeves with a gut if you caught him at the wrong time. Fact is Ronnie had a noticeable GH gut at ALL times of that contest not just some random pic or single occurrence.... It wasn't a random shot or bad picture. he had a giant belly clearly noticeable throughout the entire contest.

Scimowser

• Getbig V
  • Make them remember you
« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2006, 08:12:11 AM »
i have a clip of ronnies posing round that night and he was awful. His stomach was embarrassing to even fat people!

He was allowed to use props, was given 10MINUTES to pose as opposed to everyone elses 2-3 minutes and was trailing after the rounds that really count. How can you lose a contest on your ability to breakdance or pose onstage? Its ridiculous!

Ronnie was soundly beaten, it wasnt even close IMO. As for Jays gut, maybe so when he was exhaling. But when he hit the ab and thigh etc there wasnt a single ounce of fat on his stomach! His abs were so deep and defined it was a look twice moment so dont try to counter Ronnies weakness with a poor example like that
Scouser on Tour

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #27 on: May 30, 2006, 08:22:46 AM »
for someone with such a boner for Yates' back, its odd that you would overlook Ronnie's utter dominance over Jay cutler from behind. Even more so than Dorian's owning of NAsser from the back

Again Ronnie didn't dominate anything , he lost the symmetry round and the musculairty round , he ' beat ' Jay in the posing round its laughable , the difference between Nasser & Dorian is , Dorian wasn't waterlogged , Ronnie was clearly holding a lot of water , Jay didn't beat Ronnie's back from the 1998 Olympia , so there was a big difference .

fathead

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #28 on: May 30, 2006, 11:17:19 AM »
I was there it was close in the morning and ron improved at night.  That's the whole story.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: May 30, 2006, 11:28:54 AM »
I was there it was close in the morning and ron improved at night.  That's the whole story.

No its not , the whole story was that NO other Mr Olympia winner ever in the history of the contest ever lost the musularity & symmetry rounds , entered the night show trailing by 6 points and WON !! Ronnie is a terrible poser , there is no way he beat Cutler in that round , he lost period end of sentence.

body88

« Reply #30 on: May 30, 2006, 11:47:15 AM »

Since you saw it this way this is how it is? lol   

Like ND said he was trailing by 6 points and sucks at posing.  Cutler had that show won.  I have stated many times Ronnie in 98 and 99 had prob the best physique ever. In 01 however he looked like dog shit and should have lost that O.

Scimowser

• Getbig V
  • Make them remember you
« Reply #31 on: May 30, 2006, 12:57:19 PM »
Jay can show up in any shape he wants and still he wont win. Why? because he hasnt been allowed to win. Its farcical that Ronnie has 8 Mr O titles, hes probably earned 4-5 of them at best. Nobody can argue that he lost 01 AND 02.

Sure Ronnie has more mass, but he was fat, full of water and just plain out of shape against a guy who, with the exception of back definition and arms, completely dominated him in EVERYONES eyes apart from those trusty, reliable, unbiased judges that were chosen.

Fuck, it says everything when there is conclusice proof that Ronnie knew himself he lost. So he comes out with a bullshit excuse that "i was giving a peace sign to my buddy in the crowd" - if so then why wait til the very second before youre going to be announced to do it? BOLLOX!
Scouser on Tour

Bear

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #32 on: May 30, 2006, 12:58:03 PM »

No no Matt just like you and the rest of Camp-Coleman he's just exhaling   ::) and Ronnie's was worse  ;)

Haha, double standards here, childlike omission of cromulent logic.

body88

« Reply #33 on: May 30, 2006, 02:36:51 PM »
The fact is in that single picture Jay was actually exhaling. Proof is in the video that jay in 01 had zero distention whatsoever. While the Coleman dick sniffers run and claim that Ronnie's giant gut is due to "exhaling" all one has to do is watch the video I posted to see that claim is total bullshit. Ronnie hasn't done a thing to reduce his gut since that faithful O showing. He has simply learned to keep that bad boy sucked in. 98 and 99 Ronnie was untouchable. 01 and on he lost that aura with the addition of that horrible GH gut :-[

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: May 30, 2006, 03:31:30 PM »
Comments like "Ronnie wasn't even close to Jay" are ridiculous.

In 2001 I also thought Jay won because I had no eye for bodybuilding and was wooed by Jay's abs and flat midsection.  Little did I realize that Ronnie dwarfed Jay in muscularity and additionally had more muscle hardness than Jay could ever dream of.

They both had their strengths and weaknesses don't get me wrong - but I think the sum of Ronnie's strengths surpassed those possessed by Jay.

This all having been said, if Jay had entered the 2002 Olympia in his 2001 form I think he would have rightfully one.  Further, Jay's performance at the 2002 Arnold Classic was superior to Ronnie's at the 2002 Olympia.  So whether or not Jay has a Sandow doesn't matter - he WAS the best bodybuilder of 2002.  Mr. Olympia or not that should be worth something!

Matt Ronnie was waterlogged and Jay was hard as nails , Ronnie was way-off with a terrible gut , NO Mr Olympia winner ever in the history of the sport ever lost the symmetry round & muscularity round and still won the contest , he may have won the title but he was NOT the best man on stage !!

body88

« Reply #35 on: May 30, 2006, 05:50:08 PM »
Matt you are a very intelligent guy....You show no bias. One of the people on this site that have a valid opinion that holds weight.

Ex Coelis

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: May 30, 2006, 06:22:51 PM »
Matt Ronnie was waterlogged and Jay was hard as nails

You think maybe this was because Jay CHEATED????? Of course he wasn't water-logged - he took diuretics even though they were banned. Its your bullshit logic that says a cheater deserves to win the Olympia and that Yates is better than Coleman. Get a grip!

And the posing round isnt scored on who poses best, it's based on who looks the best in the round. That's what Head Judge Jim Rockell said on probodybuilding weekly. You need to get your head out of the old flex magazines and into what you write for a change  ;)

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
  • I bring you ultimate reality!
« Reply #37 on: May 30, 2006, 06:31:36 PM »
You think maybe this was because Jay CHEATED????? Of course he wasn't water-logged - he took diuretics even though they were banned.

I see this stated constantly. But since I assume Jay has never done an interview saying, "I took diuretics for that show", on what possible basis could you claim this - other than your own suspicion? Did you obtain a sample of his urine and have it tested?

Jay having used diuretics may be something you suspect. But Ronnie's tub-guts are a visually documented fact. And the stink-factor in the way the scoring played out only increased the insult to the intelligence of the people following the contest.

Even if bodybuilding didn't have all the other things going against it as a viable sport, this kind of amateurish championship rigging would doom it as a respectable sporting enterprise.

Ex Coelis

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: May 30, 2006, 06:43:15 PM »
I see this stated constantly. But since I assume Jay has never done an interview saying, "I took diuretics for that show", on what possible basis could you claim this - other than your own suspicion? Did you obtain a sample of his urine and have it tested?

Jay having used diuretics may be something you suspect.

Jay, like every other contestant, was tested for using diuretics. He and Ruhl failed. Period.

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: May 30, 2006, 06:47:05 PM »
Jay, like every other contestant, was tested for using diuretics. He and Ruhl failed. Period.

Did the IFBB confirm this? And if so, how did they attempt to justify their failure to disqualify Cutler from the contest?

Ex Coelis

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: May 30, 2006, 06:48:13 PM »
Other than slightly better conditioning, what did Jay have on Ronnie? Jay was outmassed pure and simple. He was destroyed from the back. He was owned from the front. He was crushed on the sides. Ronnie deserved to win.

This whole thread is pointless. Why do you just ignore the fact that Jay failed the diuretics test? Jay should have won? Bulshit - cheaters don't deserve to win.

Jay's time will come, but 2001 was Ronnie's year.

Adam Empire

• Getbig IV
  • Gobias Industries
« Reply #41 on: May 30, 2006, 06:48:25 PM »
Don't you ever get tired of owning yourself?  :-\

That is a pic they are getting ready to hit a back shot - that you stick out your gut to do.  Everybody will show a gut in that pose (when look at it from the side).
Motherboy (the band).

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #42 on: May 30, 2006, 06:51:12 PM »
I love the cheating argument. Officially they're both cheating since they were both on gear. Calling Jay out for cheating is in effect saying you have no other point to make and are grasping at straws.

Ex Coelis

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: May 30, 2006, 06:54:55 PM »
I love the cheating argument. Officially they're both cheating since they were both on gear. Calling Jay out for cheating is in effect saying you have no other point to make and are grasping at straws.

He had an unfair and illegal advantage - he blatatly broke a specific rule. Nasser did the same in 96 and was disqualified. Why does Jay get a free pass? Without that ill-gotten edge, we wouldnt even be having this conversation because other than conditioning, he had NOTHING on Ronnie.

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: May 30, 2006, 06:57:24 PM »
He had an unfair and illegal advantage - he blatatly broke a specific rule. Nasser did the same in 96 and was disqualified. Why does Jay get a free pass? Without that ill-gotten edge, we wouldnt even be having this conversation because other than conditioning, he had NOTHING on Ronnie.

Straws baby, and they're floating away in the wind.

On a serious note do you see how ridiculous you sound when you scream cheating at the top of your lungs?

This is bodybuilding and you're crying about drugs. Simply incredible.

Ex Coelis

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: May 30, 2006, 06:59:31 PM »
Straws baby, and they're floating away in the wind.

On a serious note do you see how ridiculous you sound when you scream cheating at the top of your lungs?

This is bodybuilding and you're crying about drugs. Simply incredible.

He knew they were testing for diuretics. He took them anyway. He deserved to be disqualified not declared an uncrowned Mr. Olympia.

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
  • WTF Happened, BBing Is Dead. I Didn't Miss A Thing
« Reply #46 on: May 30, 2006, 07:30:28 PM »
Cutler threatened to sue or somthin saying that the testing was no done correctly and were therefore not valid. I assume Ruhl could have done the same but he didn't have sour grapes over being caught for somthing he knew he did.
I

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: May 30, 2006, 07:56:02 PM »
He knew they were testing for diuretics. He took them anyway. He deserved to be disqualified not declared an uncrowned Mr. Olympia.

Whatever helps you sleep at night.

I just find it utterly ridiculous that you're screaming about drugs being cheating at the Olympia.

That's like screaming cheat because football players wear shoulder pads.

Get the analogy?

Shoulder pads and drugs are an essential part of football and bodybuilding so calling their use cheating is patently absurd. 

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: May 30, 2006, 07:59:34 PM »
Cutler threatened to sue or somthin saying that the testing was no done correctly and were therefore not valid.

A Weider-contract athlete threatening to sue the IFBB over improper implementation of drug testing??

The mind reels...

Ex Coelis

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: May 30, 2006, 08:05:12 PM »
Whatever helps you sleep at night.

I just find it utterly ridiculous that you're screaming about drugs being cheating at the Olympia.

That's like screaming cheat because football players wear shoulder pads.

Get the analogy?

Shoulder pads and drugs are an essential part of football and bodybuilding so calling their use cheating is patently absurd. 

Yeah yeah - I know diuretics are a part of the sport, a necesary piece of equipement, if you will. But you have to use regulation equipement.

The fact is Jay broke the rules - why are you complaining about him being punished for doing so? I don't hear you crying over Ruhl or Nasser. If Ronnie had been allowed to take diuretics, you're damn straight he would have and you can believe he would have looked that much better than Jay. But he played by the rules. If you don't play by the rules or you use non-regulation shoulder pads, you have no right to bitch if you get caught.