Author Topic: Pro Bodybuilding Weekly: King Kamali Play-by-play  (Read 44352 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Pro Bodybuilding Weekly: King Kamali Play-by-play
« Reply #175 on: June 13, 2006, 12:50:16 AM »
My comcast just went down.  Trop storm alberto is about to become a hurricane and my power has been on and off, and i have no internet.  so 240 may be on dialup for a bit.  keep it real and all that good stuff.  I hope this king mess blows over, but after talking to some legal minds, and the fact that the statute of limitations is over, i am sleeping fine with my two kittens.   until the power goes out and i'm stuck with candlelight and my pregnant woman sends me out for milkshakes...

And if you see the looters roaming the streets of tampa/port char (where i be at), look for me on the tv waving! 

oh, and hopefully this nonsense will die in my absence.   i apologized to king for old stuff, made it very clear that the new stuff about his family was not me, and he can check that with ron, and that i would like to let this die... and if it does go to court, well, let's have some fun with it! LOL...  every problem is only an opportunity in disguise!

MY LAWYER HAS SPOKEN, BTW....
"Those are funny PM's he is sending you.......

Are you seriously worried about Kamali suing you?  For what? Calling him names on Getbig? Owning him on Getbig?

Kamali is a "Public Figure" due to him being a pro bodybuilder. If he is serious about suing you, for I guess defamation, he would not get past the court's front door-and he would be liable for an abuse of process/malicous prosecution if he tried. The defamation standard for a public figure like Kamali to prevail in a lawsuit is next to impossible to attain-hence, you should not worry.

I don't have time to explain the legal aspects of this right now-but you have nothing to worry about if you have been teasing him in a "Bob Chick" manner-nothing.

Keep those PM's-with what he has written you could get a Personal Protection Order/Temporary Restraining Order against him right now-those would most definitely be considered threatening using the reasonable person standard.

You have nothing to worry about."

tony b

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #176 on: June 13, 2006, 07:16:00 AM »
My comcast just went down.  Trop storm alberto is about to become a hurricane and my power has been on and off, and i have no internet.  so 240 may be on dialup for a bit.  keep it real and all that good stuff.  I hope this king mess blows over, but after talking to some legal minds, and the fact that the statute of limitations is over, i am sleeping fine with my two kittens.   until the power goes out and i'm stuck with candlelight and my pregnant woman sends me out for milkshakes...

And if you see the looters roaming the streets of tampa/port char (where i be at), look for me on the tv waving! 

oh, and hopefully this nonsense will die in my absence.   i apologized to king for old stuff, made it very clear that the new stuff about his family was not me, and he can check that with ron, and that i would like to let this die... and if it does go to court, well, let's have some fun with it! LOL...  every problem is only an opportunity in disguise!

MY LAWYER HAS SPOKEN, BTW....
"Those are funny PM's he is sending you.......

Are you seriously worried about Kamali suing you?  For what? Calling him names on Getbig? Owning him on Getbig?

Kamali is a "Public Figure" due to him being a pro bodybuilder. If he is serious about suing you, for I guess defamation, he would not get past the court's front door-and he would be liable for an abuse of process/malicous prosecution if he tried. The defamation standard for a public figure like Kamali to prevail in a lawsuit is next to impossible to attain-hence, you should not worry.

I don't have time to explain the legal aspects of this right now-but you have nothing to worry about if you have been teasing him in a "Bob Chick" manner-nothing.

Keep those PM's-with what he has written you could get a Personal Protection Order/Temporary Restraining Order against him right now-those would most definitely be considered threatening using the reasonable person standard.

You have nothing to worry about."

Your lawyer knows what he is talking about. It would be classic if you did obtain a restraining order against him though. It would be reasonable under the circumstances.

Rottmag

« Reply #177 on: June 13, 2006, 07:30:12 AM »
240 you're no celebrity that's forsure.  No one here would want to meet you in person or get your autograph, maybe a few internet nerds on getbig that follow you, but that's it.. You talk so much smack, about bbers, yet I know you will never show your face at a pro bbing event. You know you would get your ass pounded. I see right through you, you are such a geek its not even funny. You have mental issues, especially after faking an illness with the mattT thing. I mean that right there shows me how immature you are. You have to be, to post as much as you do on here. Now go ahead and try and up yourself by making a cheesy ass reply.

Ouch!

Now that's the epitome of a "bitch slapping!"

Hahahaha . . . . .

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
  • http://www.liftstudios.com
« Reply #178 on: June 13, 2006, 07:35:47 AM »
Your lawyer must be pretty hip to the board lingo, "owning him" doesn't usually come out of most lawyer's mouths. lol.  ;)
Elevate Your Image.™

Rich2

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #179 on: June 13, 2006, 07:48:59 AM »
this kinda reminds me of Metallica vs Napster. that whole thing was basically Metallica vs the Internet. Metallica got a shitty rep (and lost a ton of fans), and no one cared about Napster because by then other file sharing programs had taken its place. fast forward to 6 years later, no one gives a shit.

Cool Black Clyde

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #180 on: June 13, 2006, 08:05:31 AM »
I say it's bullshit that King ever talked to a lawyer about this.  Defamation always goes to court as a CIVIL lawsuit brought by the defendent.  It's not CRIMINAL.  The cops don't bust in and haul people away for insulting someone.  No one in America goes to jail for slander or libel (there are some ancient criminal laws in a few states, but they're never enforced), and no lawyer would've told him 240 would be serving jailtime!  This isn't Iran.  You couldn't find one "slanderer" in a U.S. jail or prison.  I say King made it all up to try to scare 240.

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #181 on: June 13, 2006, 08:10:53 AM »
Correct me if I am wrong but if Kamali does sue 240, what retribution does he want?

Libel/Defamation must be proven True where it prohibits you in some way, making money, bad press etc etc.

In reality has Kings life changed becuase of 240's malicious acts? he is still guest posing, he has not lost his Pro Card, and the list continues...

Personally I think this is a ploy between 240/King to make money. 240 has promised King that he would split the proceeds from his Free240 paypal account...

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #182 on: June 13, 2006, 08:21:06 AM »
Your lawyer must be pretty hip to the board lingo, "owning him" doesn't usually come out of most lawyer's mouths. lol.  ;)
LOL

ether

• Getbig IV
« Reply #183 on: June 13, 2006, 08:38:57 AM »
I don't think this lawsuit is going to happen for several reasons. First, King Kamali used pretty strong language in referring to it on the show... any attorney will advise against that.  That videotaping thing sounds so bizarre and to me sounds more like something that would be used in a criminal case.  If there was a threat from him towards you of physical violence, that is a lot worse than libel.  But, to be libel it has to meet all of the criteria in the definition, which will usually consist of this but may vary in wording from state to state:

1.  Presenting material to the public
2.  by print, writing, signs, etc.
3.  that is false (this must be proven, opinions are by definition neither true or false)
4.  that damages a person's reputation (must also be proven).

Unless all are present, there is no libel.  If you are sued, do not threaten to countersue by yourself, go through an attorney (which is the biggest reason why I don't believe him) because you can seriously screw yourself in how you word things.  You may easily be able to get pro bono counsel through a free speech NFP such as the ACLU or a few of the newer internet free speech groups. 

Also, this has to be taken in the context of his job as a bodybuilder in the public sphere and through his sponsors, the IFBB, etc. What are they going to think of this lawsuit?  Message boards are undoubtedly a huge part of the bodybuilding fanbase... have any of the mags sued for copyright on pictures from them?  I'm no expert on the law or bodybuilding, but this publicity for them could be lousy.

Exactly, 240 could probably get an internet freedom of speech group to represent him for free and countersue cheri, for physical threats (which IS a crime).

Man if this ever went to court, I would PAY to be in attendance just to see the judges face when Kamali walks in and they read the allegations.

Let me get this straight, you are accusing a 20 yr old internet geek of defaming your character, WHAT CHARACTER? YOU ARE A BODYBUILDER, YOU HAVE NONE TO BEGIN WITH.

Jezebelle

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #184 on: June 13, 2006, 09:24:25 AM »
240 you're no celebrity that's forsure.  No one here would want to meet you in person or get your autograph, maybe a few internet nerds on getbig that follow you, but that's it.. You talk so much smack, about bbers, yet I know you will never show your face at a pro bbing event. You know you would get your ass pounded. I see right through you, you are such a geek its not even funny. You have mental issues, especially after faking an illness with the mattT thing. I mean that right there shows me how immature you are. You have to be, to post as much as you do on here. Now go ahead and try and up yourself by making a cheesy ass reply.

See.  It's widely accepted that pro bodybuilders can be the violent, confrontational type.  Kamali is furthering the stereotype. 
I Love The True Adon

davidpaul

• Getbig V
« Reply #185 on: June 13, 2006, 01:37:50 PM »

"you honour, my client has been pw3d on the boards many a time, and he has given out pwn3ngs aswell"

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #186 on: June 13, 2006, 01:57:57 PM »
Even if Kamali doesn't win, it will certainly drain 240's bank account to food stamp and welfare status.  He may need to raise his prices on his website and actually get a real job.  I'm pretty sure others will join including Bob.  Heck possibly anyone 240 has messed with.  Matt T, Bast, even me if I wanted too.

240 has the true distinction of pissing off the wrong people.  You've said a lot bro, and I do know Bob will problably join in especially after the "clown thing" you did after the Master National accusing him of rigging the show

You really fucked up Rob, seriously.  I'd settle out of court if I was you.  Honestly I would along with a public apology

SHUT UP!!!
I thought you saiid you were going to let your physique do the talking?
GetBig should sue you for your delusional mind, I can honestly say  your pics have caused me more emotional distress than any picture I have ever seen on the internet, it boggles my mind

This is kinda stupid sue you lawyer this, I think everyone here was coming along to taking a liking to King as a person and a IFBB pro until this! Spill the beans on Shawns antics, OK funny and true, he would have been telling us something we already knew. But going after Rob with this :-\

Well maybe Rob can turn this around and make something out of it, T-Shirts? I don't know.

Lee_a_priest

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #187 on: June 13, 2006, 03:48:28 PM »
Bob tosses Lee under the bus: "This is nothing but a grandstand move- when he steps onstage, he'll be DQ'd from the Olympia.  This rule has been there for 50 years- and it's not going to change from Lee Priest"

Bob: "Lee is forcing the IFBB to make a decision.  I do not see manion or the IFBB making that exception for lee OR ANYBODY ELSE".

Bob: "It is clearly in the rulebook.  He is setting the table- to take us to court maybe.  We;ll see if Lee even steps on a PDI stage, as there's no guarantee that will happen either"

Well i hope you all come for dinner :)

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #188 on: June 13, 2006, 03:57:35 PM »
Well i hope you all come for dinner :)

LOL  ;D

dookie

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #189 on: June 13, 2006, 04:56:03 PM »

dont you know, once your registered on getbig you automatically have a "friend" who's a lawyer.   

Bossa

• Getbig IV
  • Is that Bossa it must be, I heard he husky
« Reply #190 on: December 05, 2008, 01:27:50 PM »
What ever happened with this?