Author Topic: 240 Threads vs King Kamali - What happened?  (Read 53603 times)

jameswdmb

• Getbig II
Re: Settle Your Differences Like A Man 240
« Reply #150 on: June 13, 2006, 06:31:32 PM »
in response to the settle your differences idiot -
240 man relax...you are never gonna win this argument...these people are just gonna continue to argue because that is what they want ...conflict.....as long as it doesnt involve them and their lifestyle being compromised they will say anything.....most of these guys would be wetting thier pants if king called them out. you did the stand up thing by offering to squash it, despite the fact that king was and is dead wrong.
   king  is putting himself in a poor position just to gain a little publicity and "act like a hard ass". I understand his frustration if people are saying things about his family, i would have issues with that too, but this was not the way to handle it. he is just causing more negative things to be said about him.  king would be alot more upset if his name was never mentioned on these boards and he wasnt recognized as a public figure (i.e. not getting endorsement checks from supplement companies...because, lets face it king, you arent living off your contest money alone). This whole thing is amazing because its reality.....despite the fact that it is playing out like a script from the WWE.
   some people on this site act like this is really life or death and that all life is about is acting tough. this entire thing is about entertainment and discussing the entertaining things that happen to be involved with a sport we all have an interest in. nothing more.  the funniest thing about this is that he wanted to shut you up but now you have an even bigger forum to speak. you are now an "bodybuilding internet message board GOD!!!!" , whatever the hell that means. After all, you still have to go to work this week dont you? its entertainment people! (albiet, really good entertainment sometimes.)

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #151 on: June 13, 2006, 06:31:44 PM »
anyone who has sparred knows that it is nothing like jogging or training, they would have to get into some serious cardio work to be competitive
E

jameswdmb

• Getbig II
« Reply #152 on: June 13, 2006, 06:33:47 PM »
i have a feeling that there is one prisoner in nevada right now who is having a better time than any of the others....laughing his ass off

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #153 on: June 13, 2006, 06:34:18 PM »
240 man relax...you are never gonna win this argument...these people are just gonna continue to argue because that is what they want ...conflict.....as long as it doesnt involve them and their lifestyle being compromised they will say anything.....most of these guys would be wetting thier pants if king called them out. you did the stand up thing by offering to squash it, despite the fact that king was and is dead wrong.
   king  is putting himself in a poor position just to gain a little publicity and "act like a hard ass". I understand his frustration if people are saying things about his family, i would have issues with that too, but this was not the way to handle it. he is just causing more negative things to be said about him.  king would be alot more upset if his name was never mentioned on these boards and he wasnt recognized as a public figure (i.e. not getting endorsement checks from supplement companies...because, lets face it king, you arent living off your contest money alone). This whole thing is amazing because its reality.....despite the fact that it is playing out like a script from the WWE.
   some people on this site act like this is really life or death and that all life is about is acting tough. this entire thing is about entertainment and discussing the entertaining things that happen to be involved with a sport we all have an interest in. nothing more.  the funniest thing about this is that he wanted to shut you up but now you have an even bigger forum to speak. you are now an "bodybuilding internet message board GOD!!!!" , whatever the hell that means. After all, you still have to go to work this week dont you? its entertainment people! (albiet, really good entertainment sometimes.)

excellent point, and totally true. Personally I am just having a good laugh with it as I am sure is the case with everyone else.
E

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #154 on: June 13, 2006, 06:35:26 PM »
I wouldn't make any predictions.  I am on the treadmill 2 miles a day, 5 days a week, all year round now, so my stamina is great.  I know how to stall in the ring til the other guy gasses.  I lost at regionals at my finest- nothing to brag about, but nonetheless that gives me more of a grappling/evasive skillset than your average 29 year old.  Obviously he'd have me in strength, so I couldn't make it a strength match.  You can beat me til I'm hamburger... My head actually cracked a windshield after a car accident last december, and I walked away without a bump (and played a show that night with my band!)

i think it'd be an interesting matchup.  who's putting up the cash for it? lift?

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #155 on: June 13, 2006, 06:36:56 PM »
I wouldn't make any predictions.  I am on the treadmill 2 miles a day, 5 days a week, all year round now, so my stamina is great.  I know how to stall in the ring til the other guy gasses.  I lost at regionals at my finest- nothing to brag about, but nonetheless that gives me more of a grappling/evasive skillset than your average 29 year old.  Obviously he'd have me in strength, so I couldn't make it a strength match.  You can beat me til I'm hamburger... My head actually cracked a windshield after a car accident last december, and I walked away without a bump (and played a show that night with my band!)

i think it'd be an interesting matchup.  who's putting up the cash for it? lift?

If it happened, I'd kick in 5 hundred, if I could watch it live, not on the net. I'd bring a couple of my students as an example of how not to fight. lol.
E

canyoufeeltheforce

• Getbig III
« Reply #156 on: June 13, 2006, 06:37:37 PM »
Kamali would be going for the knock out head punch from the get-go and would be worn out before you know it.

All 240 would have to do is move and keep jabbing him.

A MMA fight would be a farce. Strict boxing would be the way to go...

That would be my preference too mate but I dont think 240 would go for that .

I think there is a 1% chance the fight would go ahead in the cage and a 0.01% chance in the ring .

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #157 on: June 13, 2006, 06:40:27 PM »
If it happened, I'd kick in 5 hundred, if I could watch it live, not on the net. I'd bring a couple of my students as an example of how not to fight. lol.

that would be a good selling move- put us as the undercard for a real match.  Give the ppl there for a real fight some amusement as how NOT to do it. 

NeverTrustABlonde

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
« Reply #158 on: June 13, 2006, 06:41:29 PM »
my money's on 240.....

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #159 on: June 13, 2006, 06:42:47 PM »

that would be a good selling move- put us as the undercard for a real match.  Give the ppl there for a real fight some amusement as how NOT to do it. 
So would you do a straight boxing match?

with...

headgear, 5 x 2 minute rounds, trained ref

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #160 on: June 13, 2006, 06:43:29 PM »

Seldom does real hatred ever manifest into a good fight. especially with two people who are not trained fighters. That being said, I have no doubt you would win if you kept your cool.
E

Cavalier22

• Getbig IV
  • Citizens! The Fatherland is in Danger
« Reply #161 on: June 13, 2006, 06:44:48 PM »
what a stpuid fuckin thread, although 240 is loving the attention as usual
Valhalla awaits.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #162 on: June 13, 2006, 06:45:37 PM »
Seldom does real hatred ever manifest into a good fight. especially with two people who are not trained fighters. That being said, I have no doubt you would win if you kept your cool.

get me a trainer, a budget, an appearance fee and a guaranteed purse... i'm 29 and healthy and 210 with zero diet discipline.  if I was living on steak and rice I'd probably be a whole new beast.  And while many consider me a lazy douche, I do work quite hard... take away my getbig priveleges and replace them with a punching bag... who knows?

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #163 on: June 13, 2006, 06:46:52 PM »
no promoter would put you two on the card even at a small local show(mma). Even if they don't test for steroids, Sharry looks like a walking heart attack. A tough guy contest would do it. I used to compete in them and they are very lenient. I still think the best thing is a dojo(that way it would legally be sparring) and an internet feed.
E

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
  • http://www.liftstudios.com
« Reply #164 on: June 13, 2006, 06:47:02 PM »
Elevate Your Image.™

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #165 on: June 13, 2006, 06:47:17 PM »
what a stpuid fuckin thread, although 240 is loving the attention as usual
The point of the thread is that kamali wouldn't have the balls to walk the walk...

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #166 on: June 13, 2006, 06:48:32 PM »
no promoter would put you two on the card even at a small local show(mma). Even if they don't test for steroids, Sharry looks like a walking heart attack. A tough guy contest would do it. I used to compete in them and they are very lenient. I still think the best thing is a dojo(that way it would legally be sparring) and an internet feed.
No man strict boxing fight, 240 has wrestled and would have an advantage (and kamali an excuse...)

canyoufeeltheforce

• Getbig III
« Reply #167 on: June 13, 2006, 06:49:07 PM »

At least I took some peoples' minds off all the going to court nonsense which I think is more idiotic than having a good old scrap .

KK and 240 are the ones acting childish while the rest of us have a bit of fun with it so lighten up .

However I do get serious when 240 whines on about threats when he said he would KILL Matt . Even 240 admitted that he didn't say that to be funny or entertaining . 240 simply lost it . Just like Chic and KK did with him . Therefore he should identify with them and stop harassing them . 240 is the common denominator in all of this so defending him could be seen as idiotic.

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #168 on: June 13, 2006, 06:50:38 PM »
No man strict boxing fight, 240 has wrestled and would have an advantage (and kamali an excuse...)

tuff man contest equals no money. We would probably have to pay the promoter just to let them fight.
E

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #169 on: June 13, 2006, 06:52:47 PM »
tuff man contest equals no money. We would probably have to pay the promoter just to let them fight.
I'm not talking about a promoted fight just a taped fight in a real boxing gym with a real ref or the equivalent (ie. a good trainer).

Essentially a contolled sparring session. It would last 2 rounds trust me...

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #170 on: June 13, 2006, 06:53:43 PM »
I'm not talking about a promoted fight just a taped fight in a real boxing gym with a real ref or the equivalent (ie. a good trainer).

Essentially a contolled sparring session. It would last 2 rounds trust me...

sounds fair, you pm Sharry yet, 240?
E

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #171 on: June 13, 2006, 06:53:54 PM »
Why not settle it like men ?

Because 'men' as you described are idiots.  

Both the men you're talking about have wives and are better served to avoid petty bullshit fisticuffs.  

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #172 on: June 13, 2006, 06:57:08 PM »

Both the men you're talking about have wives and are better served to avoid petty bullshit fisticuffs. 

would you rather see 240 looking over his shoulders for the rest of his life? Sharry threatened him, so why not meet him in person and end it without legal repercussions?
E

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #173 on: June 13, 2006, 06:57:20 PM »

They'd wear headgear and it'd be stopped when kamali collapses from exhaustion plain and simple

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #174 on: June 13, 2006, 07:01:33 PM »
...so why not meet him in person and end it without legal repercussions?

No such thing.