Author Topic: Femuscle site's attack on Getbig forums  (Read 31157 times)

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
Re: Femuscle site's attack on Getbig forums
« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2006, 09:09:42 AM »

Have you ever taken the time to consider that they're people who, for the most part, have done nothing to you?

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2006, 09:13:52 AM »
Have you ever taken the time to consider that they're people who, for the most part, have done nothing to you?

They hurt me eyes  :-\

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2006, 09:16:32 AM »

They're people who do this to themselves, that post their pics and (sometimes) ask for opinions and/or to be judged. I don't personally have anything against them, to each their own. But when pics are posted up for critique, what do they honestly expect? guys to be saying stuff like 'nice pecs' , 'great delt development' ?? come on...More so, they're people who do this to themselves because of insecurity, only to realize after a few cycles that all the muscle wasn't worth what it ended up doing to their faces, sexual organs, voice, etc.

anvil

• Getbig IV
« Reply #28 on: June 15, 2006, 09:19:36 AM »

an123

• Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: June 15, 2006, 09:20:26 AM »
What a joke, those things have more test in their systems than most 18 year old boys.... How they consider them still female is beyond me.

Rome

• Getbig IV
  • Pics or GTFO!
« Reply #30 on: June 15, 2006, 09:36:57 AM »
"On the other side of the spectrum, unfortunately I see a need to speak out against those Message Boards and Forums, who would consciously or not, approve of, or allow its members to constantly spew vile messages of hate and disrespect towards women athletes.

Unfortunately, one of the biggest and most well known message board, Getbig, in my opinion, falls into this category. As a previous member, I found the amount of mean spirited, negative, and hate driven posts against female and male athletes to be so overwhelming, that I have asked to be removed from it's data base as I refuse to post there any longer. Getbig has gotten out of control, and the veiled attempt by the owner to rectify the situation can not be taken seriously as it appears that some of their own Moderators, by their own inaction alone, appear to not only support but in fact perpetuate the disgraceful, mean spirited, demeaning, and down right libelous remarks posted by certain members. Opinions are one thing, but women bashing and slander seem to be a favorite past time and the norm there.

I am therefore appealing to you readers and calling for a boycott of Getbig and any other forums that disparage women. I am asking that all women athletes and their supporters and fans boycott such forums until such time as they clean up their act and discipline/ban any members that continue such behavior.

There is a choice! There are other Message Boards and Forums on the Internet where this type of mean spirited behavior doesn't exist and/or is not tolerated. "Women Friendly" boards allow the women athletes, their friends and fans, to enjoy free exchange of ideas and opinions, both possitive and negative, without resorting to "low life" comments. A few that I highly recommend are: MuscleGayhem, GeneX, and Tre' Scott's FemFlex forum for women."

you may not agree with it but NOTHING written here is untrue, yall know that there are some mean ass, cruel SOBS on getbig.
 That said, I like it here! ;D

FreshMintBlue

• Getbig III
  • Me and your Maaaaaaaa
« Reply #31 on: June 15, 2006, 09:37:09 AM »
At what point in a life of a woman do they look in the mirror and say to themself: Hey...I really fucked myself up...
Who gives a shit

anvil

• Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: June 15, 2006, 09:45:54 AM »
If a man cuts off his genitals, gets breast implants, and shoots himself full of estrogen, then yeah people are gonna call him feminine.  A woman who takes more AAS than you could fit in a football stadium, gets a deep voice, 5 o'clock shadow, and muscles that would fill out a man's XXL shirt, people are gonna call it masculine. 

They weren't born freaks of nature, they chose to become them.  Recognizing that isn't really bashing.

HUGEPECS

• Getbig V
  • School of Hard knocks Gym
« Reply #33 on: June 15, 2006, 09:58:19 AM »
HOW ABOUT THESE, BOYS
Get Big, or Die Trying

Nordic Beast

• Getbig V
  • Old World Values
« Reply #34 on: June 15, 2006, 09:58:39 AM »
ok were not sending them to death camps----were just saying some-like that "woman"-look like nethandreals----I think thats our right--I mean it is an aspect of BB

Ex Coelis

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: June 15, 2006, 10:08:21 AM »
I just pray these ladies don't find out about synthol - that would look even more fucked up

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
  • I bring you ultimate reality!
« Reply #36 on: June 15, 2006, 10:16:42 AM »
You don't have to financially support female bodybuiding, and you don't have to find its practitioners physically attractive. [Though to constantly shriek about how repulsed you are is a juvenile and cowardly way of dumping your own stigmatization onto an even more unpopular group.] But if you don't respect their  muscular development - achieved in the face of daunting cultural and genetic handicaps that would take most of you out of the running in record time - I think you're a fool and a bigot.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: June 15, 2006, 10:42:59 AM »
You don't have to financially support female bodybuiding, and you don't have to find its practitioners physically attractive. [Though to constantly shriek about how repulsed you are is a juvenile and cowardly way of dumping your own stigmatization onto an even more unpopular group.] But if you don't respect their  muscular development - achieved in the face of daunting cultural and genetic handicaps that would take most of you out of the running in record time - I think you're a fool and a bigot.

Perfectly stated. 

an123

• Getbig IV
« Reply #38 on: June 15, 2006, 10:50:06 AM »

Take away the hormones and they wouldn't get anywhere near that development.  Yes the same could be said for ifbb pros, but for WOMEN it is even more true.

I don't respect what they've done to themselves at all, they are nothing but sideshow freaks.

Jezebelle

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #39 on: June 15, 2006, 10:54:24 AM »

...but pollute the world with their existence.  Monster waste of space.
I Love The True Adon

dorkeroo

• Getbig IV
  • I need steroids for the brain.
« Reply #40 on: June 15, 2006, 10:56:59 AM »
Perfectly stated. 

Tre I believe it was you that told me that edumucated peoples aren't welcome around these here parts.  ;) Now, I don't find women that look this attractive, but, asking people to not rag on them on this board is really an exercise in futility.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #41 on: June 15, 2006, 11:13:47 AM »

I don't see how its an act of bigotry to take a stance against females putting their bodies on male hormone therapy.

Those who are supportive of these persons, are the true offenders.

The schmoes who supplies hormones, money and support for monster she-males, these shady characters should ask themselves why any woman should be enticed into making these permanent changes to their bodies?

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: June 15, 2006, 11:18:04 AM »
I don't see how its an act of bigotry to take a stance against females putting their bodies on male hormone therapy.

You're not an idiot.  You know the bigotry is in how those opinions are expressed.  And these guys aren't exactly 'taking a stance' (oh, you make it sound so noble)...they're merely going along with the pack.

Those who are supportive of these persons, are the true offenders.

The schmoes who supplies hormones, money and support for monster she-males, these shady characters should ask themselves why any woman should be enticed into making these permanent changes to their bodies?

The changes they make to their bodies don't harm me in any way.  Their bodies, their choices...

That they've chosen to enhance their bodies to hyper-muscular levels is something I choose to celebrate as an element of their personhood.

It's fine that a lot of people don't like the choices that they made, but it's not ok to dehumanize them. 

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: June 15, 2006, 11:33:33 AM »
"personhood"  BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!

ranking right up there with "life partner" and such... oh no, here it comes again, snicker... snicker,

BWAAAAHH HAAA HAA HAAA!!!!!!  Damn that and special Ed's new thread about 240 on the "Oz" t.v. show are the best laughs of the day!!

I'm here to have fun, too, but there's nothing wrong with making an effort to help some of you to become better people. 

It's the latent christian in me, I suppose. 

anvil

• Getbig IV
« Reply #44 on: June 15, 2006, 11:38:09 AM »
That's all well and good; my earlier post sums up my position.

Encouraging women to roid themselves out isn't on my list of philanthropic duties ;D

Not hatin', just observin' 8)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #45 on: June 15, 2006, 11:52:10 AM »
i miss sarah dunlap posting here

Naked4Jesus

• Getbig IV
  • You can save a IFBB Pro today by donating a kidney
« Reply #46 on: June 15, 2006, 12:10:05 PM »
You're not an idiot.  You know the bigotry is in how those opinions are expressed.  And these guys aren't exactly 'taking a stance' (oh, you make it sound so noble)...they're merely going along with the pack.

The changes they make to their bodies don't harm me in any way.  Their bodies, their choices...

That they've chosen to enhance their bodies to hyper-muscular levels is something I choose to celebrate as an element of their personhood.

It's fine that a lot of people don't like the choices that they made, but it's not ok to dehumanize them. 

Shit... even Tre's not calling them women!  If it's not any clearer than that then... Stevie Wonder just called...

he wants his eyes back!

anvil

• Getbig IV
« Reply #47 on: June 15, 2006, 12:16:44 PM »
Shit... even Tre's not calling them women!  If it's not any clearer than that then... Stevie Wonder just called...

he wants his eyes back!

true, and "enhance" is also a debatable word to use as well ;)

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #48 on: June 15, 2006, 12:29:53 PM »
George can say what he wants - is he calling attention to his site, but not here. This will be the only thread on it and his site. Now as for George and myself, I have been debating him via email, and even invited him to air his views, but he declined. That is his opinion. Truth is, female bodybuilding, which the extent that is has gone, had created a major problem for the sport. No one wants to sponsor a female bodybuilding show in the state it is in. Without sponsorship money, there is no contest. We have seen this by the lack of pro shows, by the lack of excitement, and by the rise in what I call creatine discussions, even resorting to malicious bashing, of female bodybuilder going over the edge, as we all say it.

Funny thing is, the problem stem not by many in our industry agreeing with me and others, but by how you say it. 95% of the people agree that female bodybuilding needs help fast, that the judges and the competitors need to the judged by symmetry and physique, not my muscularity.

Now, I am not against female bodybuilding at all, in fact, if we can get back to the golden ages, it would be great. My favorite competitor who is coming back to compete is Cathy LeFrancois. She looked just great at the Arnold Classic when she won the lightweight division, not too much muscularity, her face was nice and people raved about her appearance.

However, malicious bashing is over with, even on female bodybuilders.  But I have talked to a lot of them, and they want things to be changed, but are at a loss on how to change it. 

If there were enough female bodybuilders who really wanted to try and change something, some ways, perhaps something can be done. But there isn't. They are all afraid to speak up when the time comes. How many motions at an IFBB meeting. Zero? Zero! No one bothered to try and change something.

If female bodybuilding wants a voice, email me. Get a female bodybuidler to mod a board, post positive issues, debate the issues, and give some positive into the life of a female bodybuilder. I would be more than willing to help. But it is work...

As for George - can't he get along with anyone?

jarhead

• Getbig III
  • First name Mister. Last name "T".
« Reply #49 on: June 15, 2006, 12:37:39 PM »
Hugepecs, all those photos are photoshopped.