Author Topic: Femuscle site's attack on Getbig forums  (Read 31150 times)

midknight

• Getbig IV
  • Soon, you will know the meaning of pain.
Re: Femuscle site's attack on Getbig forums
« Reply #50 on: June 15, 2006, 01:02:21 PM »
Most of these women, weren't "lookers" to begin with - so the extra muscle doesn't really make a difference.
pain day

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
  • I bring you ultimate reality!
« Reply #51 on: June 15, 2006, 01:38:43 PM »
Do female bodybuilders think they look attractive to the general male populace?

Given the girly screams of disgust they are constantly hearing from men like you, almost assuredly not. So their persistence in achieving the look they want for their bodies is compelling evidence that they also don't care.

And for what it's worth, Chief, most women find male bodybuilders disgusting too.

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #52 on: June 15, 2006, 01:47:05 PM »
I grew up playin with He Man action figures and reading comic books, I thought that all guys were suppose to look like that... :-[ :-[ :-[

Whereas strong women like She Hulk still looked normal.. :-\ :-\
L

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: June 15, 2006, 02:02:31 PM »
Whereas strong women like She Hulk still looked normal..

Fug that soft-core She Hulk shit. This is what she's supposed to look like.

She could dumbbell press Bob Chick with one hand and Ronnie with the other. Hoo yah!

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #54 on: June 15, 2006, 02:07:45 PM »
In principle, as a woman I feel that the female bodybuilders should be afforded the same respect that the males are. I personally like female bodybuilding and follow it.

It is all well and good to complain about how rude you guys are on here, but how about taking a step back and facing reality. Female bodybuilding is dying off because of the androgens.

I think we as women in the sport need to curb the use. There are plenty of female bodybuilders out there who are muscular, attractive and feminine...girls with muscles. They are eclipsed by the masculinized ones though. Like "Supersize She" show, I loved it, but I heard so many people say it was nasty, or genuinely wondering if she was a tranny.

I truly would like to see the judging criteria as well as the bodybuilders themselves favor the non-virilized look. The contests, sponsorships, prize money and exposure for female bb is way down. I've said it before, sure we as women have the right to use if we want. But if we do, we have to face reality with that most people will think it's nasty. Right or wrong, that's how it goes. I wish we would take out head out the clouds and face facts, a heavily virilized look is not marketable.

I await the pm's from some nutter telling me how I betrayed the gender, as I usually get when I post on this subject ::)

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #55 on: June 15, 2006, 02:15:08 PM »

HUGEPECS

• Getbig V
  • School of Hard knocks Gym
« Reply #56 on: June 15, 2006, 02:17:53 PM »
In principle, as a woman I feel that the female bodybuilders should be afforded the same respect that the males are. I personally like female bodybuilding and follow it.

It is all well and good to complain about how rude you guys are on here, but how about taking a step back and facing reality. Female bodybuilding is dying off because of the androgens.

I think we as women in the sport need to curb the use. There are plenty of female bodybuilders out there who are muscular, attractive and feminine...girls with muscles. They are eclipsed by the masculinized ones though. Like "Supersize She" show, I loved it, but I heard so many people say it was nasty, or genuinely wondering if she was a tranny.

I truly would like to see the judging criteria as well as the bodybuilders themselves favor the non-virilized look. The contests, sponsorships, prize money and exposure for female bb is way down. I've said it before, sure we as women have the right to use if we want. But if we do, we have to face reality with that most people will think it's nasty. Right or wrong, that's how it goes. I wish we would take out head out the clouds and face facts, a heavily virilized look is not marketable.

I await the pm's from some nutter telling me how I betrayed the gender, as I usually get when I post on this subject ::)

The Audience just want to see Female bodybuilding back on a better marketing level. It seems like Nobody wants to tone down their physique, and year after year, their fan base is decreasing dramatically. If and only if female bodybuilding could go back to the 80's Physique..Ummm.. I wonder in what Level their sport would be today. This remain to be seen
Get Big, or Die Trying

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: June 15, 2006, 02:26:01 PM »
...their fan base is decreasing dramatically.

That's not true.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #58 on: June 15, 2006, 02:30:14 PM »
That they've chosen to enhance their bodies to hyper-muscular levels is something I choose to celebrate as an element of their personhood.

How many of these bodybuilders do you think are aware of what changes will happen to their body?

A lot of the changes are slowly too. So how many young girls have gone into male hormone usage without real knowledge of what they would look and sound like ten years later?

How many of these "superstars" would do this journey again, if they were back young an unvirilized?

I'm of course not singling you out. But perhaps you could give me an insight in how the hardcore muscle goddess worshippers reason. What considerations do they give to the health of these persons?

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

HUGEPECS

• Getbig V
  • School of Hard knocks Gym
« Reply #59 on: June 15, 2006, 02:44:46 PM »
That's not true.

I dont have a problem with Female bodybuilders at all, it's just that, they also have to make a living doing what they love, but if it's not getting them no where, then, something gotta be done about it. If I remember well, there was a good reason why Kim Cheveski stop competing all together, she was great, but if the sport were alive, I'm sure she would have had her 8th or 9th sandow by now.
Get Big, or Die Trying

Farcry

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #60 on: June 15, 2006, 02:51:20 PM »
how many pro female bodybulding shows were there this year. Like 1 at the arnold. I would say the sport is decreasing.

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: June 15, 2006, 02:53:01 PM »
here was a good reason why Kim Cheveski stop competing all together, she was great, but if the sport were alive, I'm sure she would have had her 8th or 9th sandow by now.

Yeah, Kim was amazing.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: June 15, 2006, 02:57:44 PM »
How many of these bodybuilders do you think are aware of what changes will happen to their body?

A lot of the changes are slowly too. So how many young girls have gone into male hormone usage without real knowledge of what they would look and sound like ten years later?

How many of these "superstars" would do this journey again, if they were back young an unvirilized?

These are completely legitimate questions, but we cannot presume that all or even a majority of them - and yes, we're talking about the bodybuilders who do *not* look like the girl-next-door - were totally naïve about the potential side effects when they began their transformations.  

I'm of course not singling you out. But perhaps you could give me an insight in how the hardcore muscle goddess worshippers reason. What considerations do they give to the health of these persons?

The hardcore schmoes are very simple animals - they want what they want and they want it now.  Whether they have money and can pay for it or whether they're just freeloaders, it doesn't matter, they think pretty much the same..."satisfy my craving, Musclewoman".  

While there may be some concern for the health of the women they objectify so much, the schmoes' primary motives are to get what *they* want from the exchange.  The 'exchanges' can be personal (such as a muscle worship or wrestling session), semi-personal (a webcam session or internet chat), or non-personal (viewing pictures and videos).  As long as the schmoe gets what he wants, he's happy and will return.  

I take a personal interest in many of the women I work with, but at the end of the day, each is responsible for her choices.  Granted, the women cannot control how we will choose to react to them, but my only issue is with those who continuously treat women bodybuilders as if they are sub-human.  

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: June 15, 2006, 03:10:14 PM »
But perhaps you could give me an insight in how the hardcore muscle goddess worshippers reason. What considerations do they give to the health of these persons?

It's a shitty novel, so don't pay anything to check it out. But Chemical Pink by Kate Arnoldi gives an accurately creepy portrayal of that whole scene.

Slick Vic

« Reply #64 on: June 15, 2006, 06:37:25 PM »
Boycott GetBig? HA! I don't think so.  8)

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: June 15, 2006, 06:42:23 PM »
Nobody wants to see it.  If female bodybuilders want their "sport" to live, they can come up with the damn money themselves and quit their bitching.

The majority of competitors in the NPC and IFBB are female.

DAISUKE

• Getbig II
« Reply #66 on: June 15, 2006, 06:43:20 PM »

YIP
Zack
Also, you will never imagine how groth hormone can damage the brain s functions in
the long term.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: June 15, 2006, 06:58:57 PM »
Also, you will never imagine how groth hormone can damage the brain s functions in
the long term.

Many of the people who get into substance use/abuse don't care about the long term effects...they want the maximum benefits and they want them now.  They'll worry about 'later' when the time comes. 

DAISUKE

• Getbig II
« Reply #68 on: June 15, 2006, 07:14:04 PM »
Many of the people who get into substance use/abuse don't care about the long term effects...they want the maximum benefits and they want them now.  They'll worry about 'later' when the time comes. 
Yes, I guess you are true, when it s too late to worry.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: June 15, 2006, 07:25:35 PM »
Everyone loves figure girls.

As for female bodybuilders, there is no money in that.

Some in this industry really need to stop thinking it is your right to have others subsidize your hobbies.

Every promoter loves figure girls, you are 100% correct. 

As for female bodybuilders, they earn more than figure competitors. 

To suggest that the women - collectively - don't pull their weight in the industry is just plain nonsense. 

dzulboy

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Big hard and turbo charged
« Reply #70 on: June 15, 2006, 08:17:02 PM »
"On the other side of the spectrum, unfortunately I see a need to speak out against those Message Boards and Forums, who would consciously or not, approve of, or allow its members to constantly spew vile messages of hate and disrespect towards women athletes.

Unfortunately, one of the biggest and most well known message board, Getbig, in my opinion, falls into this category. As a previous member, I found the amount of mean spirited, negative, and hate driven posts against female and male athletes to be so overwhelming, that I have asked to be removed from it's data base as I refuse to post there any longer. Getbig has gotten out of control, and the veiled attempt by the owner to rectify the situation can not be taken seriously as it appears that some of their own Moderators, by their own inaction alone, appear to not only support but in fact perpetuate the disgraceful, mean spirited, demeaning, and down right libelous remarks posted by certain members. Opinions are one thing, but women bashing and slander seem to be a favorite past time and the norm there.

I am therefore appealing to you readers and calling for a boycott of Getbig and any other forums that disparage women. I am asking that all women athletes and their supporters and fans boycott such forums until such time as they clean up their act and discipline/ban any members that continue such behavior.

There is a choice! There are other Message Boards and Forums on the Internet where this type of mean spirited behavior doesn't exist and/or is not tolerated. "Women Friendly" boards allow the women athletes, their friends and fans, to enjoy free exchange of ideas and opinions, both possitive and negative, without resorting to "low life" comments. A few that I highly recommend are: MuscleGayhem, GeneX, and Tre' Scott's FemFlex forum for women."

Well isnt that special .... ::) ::) ::)

Are they still considered women athletes if their test levels are higher then mine?

Ex Coelis

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: June 15, 2006, 08:24:59 PM »
so do any female bodybuilders use synthol?

a woman with AAS pumped in her doesnt seem any different than a pre-op transexual (biologically, anyway) - not a flame, just reiterating the thought

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: June 15, 2006, 08:41:14 PM »
Unless you can show me figures, I think this quote is plain nonsense.  :-\

The cost of an NPC annual membership is the same for both men and women.  

The cost of entry fees are the same for both men and women.

There are more women competing than men.  

bic_staedtler

• Getbig IV
  • That is all.
« Reply #73 on: June 15, 2006, 09:38:42 PM »
Women's bodybuilding is fucked up in the same damn way men's bodybuilding is, essentially. You've got guys with NO genetics cranked to the gills because they don't have the classic structure to win.  Problem is you can't have a big money making enterprise if you don't have a LOT of competitors....drugs gives the common guy that edge!...and with the women, it was the same thing...don't have structure?...get AS BIG AS you can win shows!...or get as ripped as a guy and essentially LOOK like a man and win shows!

Ya see what I'm getting at?  I just watched a regional show not long ago and the winner was, by his admission, a natural trainer.  This guy had the genetics I haven't seen in four years of watching these shows, but he wiped the stage of the roiders who didn't have those great genes!..he was a light middle weight and destroyed the competition.  But how do you have a sport when one guy can come along and hammer everybody?  You get 4 Mr O competitors like there was in the 70s!

But I don't have the answers....womens pro bodybuilding would be doing great if you had women like Cory Everson representing...but then how do you explain the dillemma of Bev Francis?...she was just a powerful woman who was BIG, drugs or without....she didn't win back when, and the sport continued to grow.  Nothing against Bev, but the thing is that you shouldn't win because you have a big, ripped physique....in that way, it becomes a beauty show...whats the problem with that?  It's about having a muscular developed ATTRACTIVE body.  And that's how you get public acceptance and a sport that grows..not by rewarding ugly physiques, which is what's going on right now, full of drugs and unnatural looking women.

Same thing goes for mens bodybuilding.  Reward the physiques that LOOK GOOD!  Shawn Ray never won the Mr O when he was in his prime....what a shame!  And now we're stuck with what we've got....freaks.  NO way to grow the sport.

If you want bodybuilding to stay a niche weirdo sport, then fight for things to stay the way they are.  It's doing a fine job of that by itself, by the way.

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #74 on: June 15, 2006, 09:41:14 PM »
You don't have to financially support female bodybuiding, and you don't have to find its practitioners physically attractive. [Though to constantly shriek about how repulsed you are is a juvenile and cowardly way of dumping your own stigmatization onto an even more unpopular group.] But if you don't respect their  muscular development - achieved in the face of daunting cultural and genetic handicaps that would take most of you out of the running in record time - I think you're a fool and a bigot.

You know I was going to seriously reply to you.

But then I remembered that I didn't care what you thought of me.

I mean which part of the comments are not true?  That they don't have enlarged clits or don't look like men?  People are only saying what they perceive.   This is just a case of "the truth hurts". 

Its like I phrased it a long time ago in mindspin's legendary thread.  If we save one girl from delusion and a manface we've done a good job. 

Why would we ever start talking about how impressive their gains are, many of them are but that is not constructive.  They are gains at a cost and we do not respect the cost ::)  Whether people are impressed by their mass is really completely irrelevant.  They certainly will not be referencing this any time soon.