Author Topic: my feet hurt  (Read 11442 times)

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
  • There's no Kayfabe in the business anymore.
my feet hurt
« on: June 18, 2006, 12:03:04 PM »
guys i need your help.  For about the past two or three weeks the arch in my feet hurt when ever I walk mostly in the morning when i first get up or after I have been sitting for a while the I get up to walk. But after I walk for a few minutes It's ok. 

Please help !

YoMamaBeenLurking

• Getbig IV
  • The Black Knight
Re: my feet hurt
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2006, 12:20:54 PM »
From   http://www.foot.com/info/cond_arch_pain.jsp

Arch Pain / Arch Strain
Check products that provide immediate pain relief for Arch Pain Check products that provide immediate pain relief for Arch Pain
Definition

The term arch pain (often referred to as arch strain) refers to an inflammation and/or burning sensation at the arch of the foot.
Cause

There are many different factors that can cause arch pain. A structural imbalance or an injury to the foot can often be the direct cause. However, most frequently the cause is a common condition called plantar fasciitis.

The plantar fascia is a broad band of fibrous tissue located along the bottom surface of the foot that runs from the heel to the forefoot. Excessive stretching of the plantar fascia, usually due to over-pronation (flat feet), causes plantar fasciitis.

The inflammation caused by the plantar fascia being stretched away from the heel often leads to pain in the heel and arch areas. The pain is often extreme in the morning when an individual first gets out of bed or after a prolonged period of rest.

If this condition is left untreated and strain on the longitudinal arch continues, a bony protrusion may develop, known as a heel spur. It is important to treat the condition promptly before it worsens.
Treatment and Prevention

This is a common foot condition that can be easily treated. If you suffer from arch pain avoid high-heeled shoes whenever possible. Try to choose footwear with a reasonable heel, soft leather uppers, shock absorbing soles and removable foot insoles. When the arch pain is pronation related (flat feet), an orthotic designed with a medial heel post and proper arch support is recommended for treating the pain. This type of orthotic will control over-pronation, support the arch and provide the necessary relief.

If the problem persists, consult your foot doctor.
BKS - Guardian of Truth

Migs

• Getbig V
  • THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2006, 12:50:17 PM »
it may be plantar fasciatis as YMBL posted.  I've had it and your symptoms sound similar to mine.  I had a very nad case where i needed to go to physical therapy and get implants for my shoes.  I had to wear the implants for several months.

YoMamaBeenLurking

• Getbig IV
  • The Black Knight
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2006, 12:55:45 PM »
I had a mild case that developed from playing basketball in worn out shoes (playing indoors keeps the sneaks looking new, but the cushioning wears out).  Damn it was painful.
BKS - Guardian of Truth

Migs

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2006, 02:14:34 PM »
mine was from my cleats.  Kinda old nd i mis-stepped and screwed up my feet badly.

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2006, 02:28:43 PM »
Thanks guy the pain is pretty bad I guess I will go see my doctor.  I wear flip flops all the time even when I work out. Do yall think that could have something to do with it ? The only time I do not wear them is when I am at work.

Migs

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2006, 03:48:49 PM »
i would switch to a shoe that gives you more arch support.  I would still see a Dr. just to make sure it doesnt get worse.

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2006, 05:14:19 PM »
i would switch to a shoe that gives you more arch support.  I would still see a Dr. just to make sure it doesnt get worse.

Ya I will thanks again for the Info.

Migs

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2006, 05:17:48 PM »
no problem.  Keep us posted.

YoMamaBeenLurking

• Getbig IV
  • The Black Knight
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2006, 06:45:07 PM »
no problem.  Keep us posted.

yeah cause dr. migs here really gives a shit  :)

LOL
BKS - Guardian of Truth

Migs

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2006, 07:14:14 PM »
yeah cause dr. migs here really gives a shit  :)

LOL

i feel his pain, unlike yours which seems to come from your anus!  ;)

YoMamaBeenLurking

• Getbig IV
  • The Black Knight
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2006, 07:34:13 AM »
So we should add empath to your resume now?  ;D
BKS - Guardian of Truth

Migs

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2006, 08:28:51 AM »
sure.  Then maybe i can hook up with Jennifer love Hewitt so we could have pyschic/empathic kids

Superman

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2006, 01:14:29 AM »
guys i need your help.  For about the past two or three weeks the arch in my feet hurt when ever I walk mostly in the morning when i first get up or after I have been sitting for a while the I get up to walk. But after I walk for a few minutes It's ok. 

Please help !

I have a job where my whole body hurts the next morning. I think when landing on your feet allot, like when you step off of something. The weight from your body can irritate your feet. I'm on my feet all the time at work, so I definitely have some comfortable shoes. There's a chance that could be your problem to. Shoes last for up too three hundred miles, then you'll have to get a new pair. Foot pain is usually because of old shoes that you’re wearing. If you can’t buy some new shoes at that time, try to buy new shoe insoles.

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2006, 07:36:04 AM »
ya I went to the doctor it turns out I have Plantar Facitis (probably did not spell that right) any way he told me some  stuff that will help wanted to give ma a shot of cortisone ( probably did not spell that right either ) in my foot and I said not only no but hell no.

Psychophysio

• Getbig III
  • Worthless
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2006, 07:34:14 PM »
Good shoes will help, as well as calf stetching. You can also massage the plantar fascia origin with your toes extended (very painful but does help). Sit with your knee crossed over the other and pull your toes up towards your knee, the use your knuckles or a massage tool to beat the hell out of the origin by the heel. Doing this for 5-10 mins a day will help quite a bit.
The jungle of the senses.

Bast175

« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2006, 08:09:08 PM »
ya I went to the doctor it turns out I have Plantar Facitis (probably did not spell that right) any way he told me some  stuff that will help wanted to give ma a shot of cortisone ( probably did not spell that right either ) in my foot and I said not only no but hell no.

don't be a pussy dude.  it doesn't hurt. I've had it done in my knee, it feels great after.

Doc Savage

• Getbig II
  • Master debater. Cunning linguist
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2006, 10:55:04 AM »
Cortisone shots are not usually very effective anyway and can weaken the fascia leading to tear.

The problem occurs when you sleep - most people plantarflex their feet; this shortens the fascia and it scars in a shortened state.  Then when you stand up in the morning it re-tears, setting up a daily cycle of injury.  The first thing to try is keep your foot dorsiflexed at night - there is a sock that can help:  http://www.thesock.com/  During the day an orthopedic boot can help to immobilize it.

It is important to tell whether it is actually your arch, though.  Make sure the doc you saw is sure.  Posterior tibialis tendon problems can become chronic and debilitating if not treated.  Early on, arch supports are the treatment.  Advanced painful arch collapse is treated with tendon transfer, osteotomy or fusion. 

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2006, 09:28:35 PM »
Cortisone shots are not usually very effective anyway and can weaken the fascia leading to tear.

The problem occurs when you sleep - most people plantarflex their feet; this shortens the fascia and it scars in a shortened state.  Then when you stand up in the morning it re-tears, setting up a daily cycle of injury.  The first thing to try is keep your foot dorsiflexed at night - there is a sock that can help:  http://www.thesock.com/  During the day an orthopedic boot can help to immobilize it.

It is important to tell whether it is actually your arch, though.  Make sure the doc you saw is sure.  Posterior tibialis tendon problems can become chronic and debilitating if not treated.  Early on, arch supports are the treatment.  Advanced painful arch collapse is treated with tendon transfer, osteotomy or fusion. 

the insoles he gave me hurt my feet

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2006, 06:13:14 AM »

the insoles he gave me hurt my feet

Karl,
Go to a shoe store that tends to have old people as a customer base.  They should have birkenstock inserts that you can insert into what ever shoe (not open shoes like flip flop though) you are wearing.   Have the people working there to "fit" you for the inserts.

My workout partner, husband and I ALL had Planter F.  We used the inserts for a few months and now none of us have Planter F.  Mine was so bad I would limp in the mornings for awhile.

Onlyme had terrible Planter F and I believe he got some relief from the inserts.

The are about 50.00.  WELL WORTH the money.

Get them I guarantee they will help you :D

R

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2006, 07:24:54 AM »
Karl,
Go to a shoe store that tends to have old people as a customer base.  They should have birkenstock inserts that you can insert into what ever shoe (not open shoes like flip flop though) you are wearing.   Have the people working there to "fit" you for the inserts.

My workout partner, husband and I ALL had Planter F.  We used the inserts for a few months and now none of us have Planter F.  Mine was so bad I would limp in the mornings for awhile.

Onlyme had terrible Planter F and I believe he got some relief from the inserts.

The are about 50.00.  WELL WORTH the money.

Get them I guarantee they will help you :D

Thanks Stella I will look into it.  I limp all morning as well and sometimes at work. I do a lot of walking and it can be a pain in the ass.

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2006, 06:31:50 PM »
Thanks Stella I will look into it.  I limp all morning as well and sometimes at work. I do a lot of walking and it can be a pain in the ass.

I guarantee they will help you or I'll give you the $50.00 you spend on them :D

Hurry up.  I want to hear how they are working out for you.

WEll, did you get them yet?  >:(

;D

R

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2006, 06:17:33 PM »
DID YOU GET THE INSERTS KARLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL >:(

:D
R

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2006, 06:55:19 PM »
Lol no I have been very busy with work and . But I did get new shoes  for work and that has helped.  Now I will start back to school the 29th and I will have to stand a lot also so we will see.

thanks for asking !

light1

• Getbig I
« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2006, 10:17:48 PM »
I had the same thing.  What I did was keep a tennis ball next to my bed.  In the morning before I would walk around i would roll the ball on the floor with the arch of my foot.