Author Topic: Ronnie Coleman To Retire?  (Read 22889 times)

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
Ronnie Coleman To Retire?
« on: June 19, 2006, 10:05:31 PM »
 Ronnie Coleman's body language is suggesting that he might retire before the Olympia. He is walking around very casually and constantly has an expression of deep thought on his face; the kind of expression you see on a man who is thinking about his legacy and the future. I hope we get to see him one more time :-\

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
Re: Ronnie Coleman To Retire?
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2006, 10:06:41 PM »
Ronnie Coleman's body language is suggesting that he might retire before the Olympia. He is walking around very casually and constantly has an expression of deep thought on his face; the kind of expression you see on a man who is thinking about his legacy and the future. I hope we get to see him one more time :-\

Maybe he is hungry.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2006, 10:07:16 PM »
or gassy.

I honestly do think Coleman will bow out 2 weeks ahead of time if he's not there and call it a day.

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2006, 10:21:00 PM »
If you remember it wasn't that long ago that he said on the radio that he would be around a lot longer than people wanted him to be.

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2006, 10:23:03 PM »
or gassy.

I honestly do think Coleman will bow out 2 weeks ahead of time if he's not there and call it a day.

I hope he retires like Dorian, just before the contest. That was a very classy and exciting way to bow out.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2006, 10:24:15 PM »
Phil heath would be kicking himself all the way back to JV basketball.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2006, 10:31:48 PM »
Phil heath would be kicking himself all the way back to JV basketball.
Are you retarded?  I hope you're just saying he would have placed one higher and not thinking he would stand next to Jay and win?  Phil is awesome awesome awesome for the stage he's at in his career but no way he beats Jay.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2006, 10:53:23 PM »
Are you retarded?  I hope you're just saying he would have placed one higher and not thinking he would stand next to Jay and win?  Phil is awesome awesome awesome for the stage he's at in his career but no way he beats Jay.

If indeed he is indeed the annointed golden one, if the IFBB decides 2006 to be the year to enforce the gut mandate, if Jay comes in a little less than perfect, if Heath brings in some munzer conditioning... anything is possible.  If he is to be the one to turn around the IFBB's Dorian to Ronnie trend of big bellies, they might not deny him over a cutler or a gustavo.  Many industry ppl had him top 6 easily.

Bast175

« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2006, 10:56:43 PM »
Ronnie accomplished little in bodybuilding.

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2006, 11:04:13 PM »

Shouldn't you be taking Karate lessons? ::)

Bast175

« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2006, 11:06:25 PM »

Shouldn't you be taking Karate lessons? ::)

after i have sex with your big black mamma, i'll consider it.

Dorian 01

• Getbig III
  • Ronnie Rockel > Ronnie Coleman
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2006, 11:10:19 PM »
I only heard of the guy for the first time yesterday. He looks like shit.
T

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2006, 11:12:00 PM »
I only heard of the guy for the first time yesterday. He looks like shit.

He invented the Coleman Grill, you selfish man.

If yo've ever enjoyed charbroiled burgers or steaks with your mates, then you owe King Ron an apology.

Bast175

« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2006, 11:12:55 PM »
it is obvious to the whole bodybuilding community that Ronnie Coleman disgraced himself in the sport.

he invented the distended gut.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2006, 11:21:56 PM »
he invented the distended gut.

Nah, he just stole the idea from Dorian and perfected it ;)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2006, 11:26:39 PM »
This is actually something I mentioned in January....
Dunno if any of it will come true, but I thought Ronnie might be done.

Here's an interesting thought for the day.

Ronnie Coleman may be calling it quits.  A few points:

Recent pics show Ronnie TORE A TRICEP in December.  Not many athletes can come back inside a year from an injury like this, much less a 40+ year old man on top of the sport.

Ronnie will be what, 42/43 years old for next year's Olympia?  Dickerson barely won it at age 44 in a far less competitive era.

Ronnie has nothing more to prove in the sport- 8 straight Olympias makes him #1.

Ronnie has used higher levels of GH/IGF/Insulin than any previous Mr O champion.  His head is clearly showing a growing skull plate on the front left side. 

From recent pics, Ronnie has not touched a weight, has not eaten much, and has not used anything more than maintenance HRT for the last 4 months.

Ronnie lost his LOCK upon the Olympia the minute the judges awarded Gustavo the challenge round at the 05 Olympia.  Gustavo is clearly waiting to be next.

Ronnie did an additional DVD, The Road to the Olympia, AFTER the Olympia.  He's never done this.  And he did it in Australia, alienating his American video contracts.

Ron is guest posing and doing signings like never before.   Every week. This WOULD be a good time to keep the retirement secret and earn a lot of money.

The magazines are covering Gustavo like he's the next champ.  Marketing students would say these resources are going in Gustavo's direction for a reason...

Perhaps Ronnie Coleman did the math after tearing a tricep and winning #8 and realized it's time to hang it up and retire a champion.  I know it's popular opinion to say that Ronnie will be king forever, but we all may want to step back and look at the facts and consider we may have seen the man onstage for the last time.

Now this was all before the Heath show and all, and Ronnie knows what his body needs to do to becomes mr O.  But then again, time waits for no man.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2006, 11:52:28 PM »
If indeed he is indeed the anointed golden one, if the IFBB decides 2006 to be the year to enforce the gut mandate, if Jay comes in a little less than perfect, if Heath brings in some mincer conditioning... anything is possible.  If he is to be the one to turn around the IFBB's Dorian to Ronnie trend of big bellies, they might not deny him over a cutler or a gustavo.  Many industry ppl had him top 6 easily.
::) I don't doubt Heath may be headed for an Olympia title, but you're again so far off it's pathetic.  If Heath came in and won this year I think more people walk away from Bodybuilding than are brough in by Heath's following.  He'll look tiny next to Jay.  In fact several competitors would have to be off for a Heath win and that's not happening.  If you're right it would have to be a preordained victory.

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2006, 11:53:51 PM »
Ronnie lost his LOCK upon the Olympia the minute the judges awarded Gustavo the challenge round at the 05 Olympia.  Gustavo is clearly waiting to be next.

but the judges did not award gastavo the contest round - they awarded Ronnie the Mr. Olympia quite convincingly. It was a DIFFERENT panel of judges (old mr. olympias) for the challenge round.

The magazines are covering Gustavo like he's the next champ.  Marketing students would say these resources are going in Gustavo's direction for a reason...
doesn't mean much - remember "Guntermania"?
Flower Boy Ran Away

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2006, 11:55:53 PM »
::) I don't doubt Heath may be headed for an Olympia title, but you're again so far off it's pathetic.  If Heath came in and won this year I think more people walk away from Bodybuilding than are brough in by Heath's following.  He'll look tiny next to Jay.  In fact several competitors would have to be off for a Heath win and that's not happening.  If you're right it would have to be a preordained victory.

Right.  A young, positive guy with a nice smile, winning the O in his rookie year with incredible lines, and capable of walking up stair without gassing, would do nothing but chase away fans.  

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2006, 12:03:33 AM »
Right.  A young, positive guy with a nice smile, winning the O in his rookie year with incredible lines, and capable of walking up stair without gassing, would do nothing but chase away fans.  

If it means standing next to an on Jay or any of the top guys at that weight and beating them yea it's not going to sit well with a lot of people.

DAISUKE

• Getbig II
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2006, 12:14:06 AM »

[/quote]
Who knew.

brianX

• Getbig IV
  • Kiwiol has 13" arms!
« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2006, 01:37:39 AM »
Gunter will own everyone.
hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Rome

• Getbig IV
  • Pics or GTFO!
« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2006, 04:08:08 AM »
.... gee I don't know, he's got a couple of these  ;D

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2006, 04:55:02 AM »
Is Vince entering the O this year? I am not trying to be stupid, I do know about working out, just not about contests.
E

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2006, 05:09:18 AM »
Why the hell are you guys even discussing Phil Heath?

He's not even competing.

http://www.flexonline.com/news/135

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise