Author Topic: Vince Taylor out of the PDI & into the Olympia  (Read 178206 times)

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
Re: Vince Taylor out of the PDI & into the Olympia
« Reply #300 on: July 18, 2006, 09:29:42 AM »
It would be more like the plumber volunteering to fix your sink on the premise that you would give him referrals to make money off of other jobs...your job would merely be a showcase of your talents.

But he wouldn't be allowed to do plumbing for anyone who doesn't pay me a "plumbing sanctioning fee?"  ::)

I honestly don't know how you can defend this practice, Bob.  :(
Ron: "I am lazy."

GHGut

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #301 on: July 18, 2006, 09:37:52 AM »
Can we create a new board where 240 and Chick can carry on their conversations?  ;D

JeanPaul

• Getbig II
« Reply #302 on: July 18, 2006, 09:44:53 AM »
Chic,
I would like your honest opinion on the following:
What rules or what in general you dont agree with IFBB? You also said that there need to be changes can you say what you mean by that?

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #303 on: July 18, 2006, 09:48:07 AM »
Chic,
What rules or what in general you dont agree with IFBB? You also said that there need to be changes can you say what you mean by that?

Bob, after a hard fight,  will get the IFBB to agree to change the towels in the pump room from green to blue, then come on here and act like he's Ceasar Chavez or something.  ::)
Ron: "I am lazy."

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #304 on: July 18, 2006, 09:55:13 AM »
To "sarcasm" who asked: hey Vince Basile when you deposit checks at the bank do you sign them......Vince Basile  Mr. Canada 1970?

My ex deposits all cheques. At least I don't sign my name "sarcasm". I so dislike the gutless use of alias names online. Would any of us go by another name in real life? No wonder there are so many jerks online.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #305 on: July 18, 2006, 09:55:40 AM »
But he wouldn't be allowed to do plumbing for anyone who doesn't pay me a "plumbing sanctioning fee?"  ::)

I honestly don't know how you can defend this practice, Bob.  :(

I don't defend it...I explain it.

It's the same concept as not being allowed to play for the Yankees and the Mets at the same time, difference being, were not directly paid by the IFBB...you agree to abide by these rules when you sign up...if you don't like the rules , no one is forcing the athletes to join...they are free to go join any other federation in existence where they do allow athletes to compete where ever...

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #306 on: July 18, 2006, 09:55:54 AM »
As a plumber once told me, in order for him to get to the most lucrative contracts with the superstars, he was asked to join for the PFFP (Plumbers Federations of Fit Plumbers). It was his choice, and once he did, he got to work on a whole section of new housing that was being put up. Other plumbers that didnt sign didnt get a chance to be hired there. That simple.

Damn - have you ever joined a fraternity, a club, a group, an organization. Everyone has rules. We have been through this already. You can join one fraternity and then join another. Same with many places.

Hell, if you joined Bob Chick's team, who were sweating thier asses off, we werent allowed to even talk, as they were so serious in hitting that golf ball 300 yards.  And Bob, it was only 340 yards, not 345. My golf cart's screen told me so!

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #307 on: July 18, 2006, 09:57:45 AM »
Just to be fair I want to point out that just because I am criticizing the IFBB here doesn't mean I support the other organization. From what I have seen so far they also have no clue about judging criteria and rules so I don't hold much hope that they will do things any different from the IFBB controversies.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #308 on: July 18, 2006, 10:02:08 AM »
Chic,
What rules or what in general you don't agree with IFBB? You also said that there need to be changes can you say what you mean by that?

I don't agree with not being allowed to make appearances, guest posing, seminars, etc...at non-IFBB sanctioned events. I believe as "independent contractors", they (IFBB) cannot dictate that we cant make money outside the IFBB when they aren't compensating us.

I don't have as big an issue with competing in other federations simply for the fact that the best opportunities are within the IFBB as it is...I think as long as an IFBB athlete is representing the IFBB in good standing, in advertisements, and being billed as an IFBB athlete...I see no good reason to limit the earning power of a athlete that is supporting and sustaining, the IFBB.

I will be submitting this for consideration in the upcoming board of governors meeting on behalf of all IFBB athletes.

JeanPaul

• Getbig II
« Reply #309 on: July 18, 2006, 10:04:25 AM »
I don't agree with not being allowed to make appearances, guest posing, seminars, etc...at non-IFBB sanctioned events. I believe as "independent contractors", they (IFBB) cannot dictate that we cant make money outside the IFBB when they aren't compensating us.

I don't have as big an issue with competing in other federations simply for the fact that the best opportunities are within the IFBB as it is...I think as long as an IFBB athlete is representing the IFBB in good standing, in advertisements, and being billed as an IFBB athlete...I see no good reason to limit the earning power of a athlete that is supporting and sustaining, the IFBB.

I will be submitting this for consideration in the upcoming board of governors meeting on behalf of all IFBB athletes.

Thank you.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #310 on: July 18, 2006, 10:05:39 AM »
As a plumber once told me, in order for him to get to the most lucrative contracts with the superstars, he was asked to join for the PFFP (Plumbers Federations of Fit Plumbers). It was his choice, and once he did, he got to work on a whole section of new housing that was being put up. Other plumbers that didnt sign didnt get a chance to be hired there. That simple.

Damn - have you ever joined a fraternity, a club, a group, an organization. Everyone has rules. We have been through this already. You can join one fraternity and then join another. Same with many places.

Hell, if you joined Bob Chick's team, who were sweating thier asses off, we werent allowed to even talk, as they were so serious in hitting that golf ball 300 yards.  And Bob, it was only 340 yards, not 345. My golf cart's screen told me so!

Ahhhhh..thats where your lack of Golf knowledge has you at a disadvantage my sunburned friend...the screen measures the distance to the MIDDLE of the green...my ball was at the BACK of the green, easily 5 yds. plus.

NO TALKING when on the tee box, Ron!!!

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #311 on: July 18, 2006, 10:12:27 AM »

Sounds good to me. 

Don't take 'NO' for an answer! 

(let me know if you need some arms twisted...)

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #312 on: July 18, 2006, 10:18:33 AM »
I won an IFBB title and had to join then to compete. Everyone does that because it is required. That doesn't mean I am an IFBB anything. The contest was sanctioned by the IFBB and they were the only ones then running the Mr Canada contest in those days. Why should anyone have to be loyal to an organization just because they run contests? If you scratch beneath the surface you will see the agenda and control of Ben and Joe Weider. They have a history of competing with others in the past so came up with a strategy to dominate the bodybuilding scene. You have to admit they sure know how bodybuilders behave and have controlled them like the little boys they are. In the old days if you had a big physique you were supposed to have courage and be able to speak your mind. What a pathetic situation we have today in our sad sport. Just about everyone is afraid to say much at all. Of course some post under pseudonyms so they can speak out. We really have to praise Lee Priest and Milos Sarcev for speaking their minds. Any attempt to suppress opinions on open discussion boards is something the IFBB and reps should be ashamed of. What have they got to hide or be afraid of if they are doing the right thing?

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #313 on: July 18, 2006, 10:25:30 AM »
Just to add a point here about speaking out. Chick speaks his mind. I think many might he more interested in what he has to say if he gave his opinion instead of what the IFBB thinks about matters. The idea that one should say only things endorsed by the IFBB is not something I support. I think for myself and am responsible for what I say.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #314 on: July 18, 2006, 10:31:24 AM »
Darn it, I can't put my finger on it, but like Ron said, if this IFBB crock of Chit is like joining a frat, then it's basically the same bullshit politics.  No Health insurance, no retirement plan, no residuals from any use of the pro's pics and on top of it, they want exclusivity over the athletes and probably require them to pay a fee to be a member of the organization.  Sounds like the IFBB runs a scam similar to pimping.  Poor pros are just whores of the industry.  Take off your shirt, pose for the camera, appear here, make the tricksfans happy.

Shame..

P.S. The pros are becoming nothing more than overglorified, yet underpaid musclebears...

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #315 on: July 18, 2006, 10:35:36 AM »
Just to add a point here about speaking out. Chick speaks his mind. I think many might he more interested in what he has to say if he gave his opinion instead of what the IFBB thinks about matters. The idea that one should say only things endorsed by the IFBB is not something I support. I think for myself and am responsible for what I say.

Vince, I liked your previous comments about the industry.  With regards to Chick, I think what he is, is a smart business man.  He knows who pays the bills, who will decide what contests you win and so forth, so he is doing the one thing everyone in the IFBB should be doing and that is looking out for themselves.  I commend Lee for being a voice among the many sheep and doing whatever the hell he wants.  I say screw the rules...

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #316 on: July 18, 2006, 10:40:28 AM »
Darn it, I can't put my finger on it, but like Ron said, if this IFBB crock of Chit is like joining a frat, then it's basically the same bullshit politics.  No Health insurance, no retirement plan, no residuals from any use of the pro's pics and on top of it, they want exclusivity over the athletes and probably require them to pay a fee to be a member of the organization.  Sounds like the IFBB runs a scam similar to pimping.  Poor pros are just whores of the industry.  Take off your shirt, pose for the camera, appear here, make the tricksfans happy.

Shame..

Well, not exactly. Lets not discount the fact that many pro's have endorsement contracts and have made a great living from being a pro bodybuilder...as a direct result of competing in the NPC/ IFBB.

No different than any other sport...the better athletes will command the bigger contracts, the ones
 who don't make the cut will fall by the wayside or have to balance working and pursuing their goal...until they "make it".

This is no different then playing baseball in the minor league's...making bupkis for money, traveling by bus, staying in cheap hotels...all in the pursuit of making the big leagues and the big dollar.

The biggest difference is that this is still COMPETITION, not a 9-5 job...so there is no use comparing the two.

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
  • I bring you ultimate reality!
« Reply #317 on: July 18, 2006, 10:41:15 AM »
"must show adequate reason to not compete..."

Talk about open ended...! Adequate to who?

Yeah, I don't think Black's Law Dictionary has an entry for "adequate".

But the point is moot. If Wayne doesn't have enough money to pay for a real e-mail account, he doesn't have enough money to hire a lawyer to sue Vince for breach of contract.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #318 on: July 18, 2006, 10:46:51 AM »
Yeah, I don't think Black's Law Dictionary has an entry for "adequate".

But the point is moot. If Wayne doesn't have enough money to pay for a real e-mail account, he doesn't have enough money to hire a lawyer to sue Vince for breach of contract.

Wayne in no way, shape or form will sue Vince Taylor...

A. Vince has no money to go after

B. The contract language is so grey, it would never stand

C. Vince never sent in the required fee

D. (and most importantly)

It would be a P.R. nightmare for Wayne to sue/ suspend, etc...when the very subject he takes the most heat for is/ was suspending and fining athletes when he was with the IFBB...He is alledgedly looking out for the athleets best interests, you think sueing a guy that is struggling to make ends meet would look good and set a example of things to come?

Wayne best move would be to wish Vince the best, and say the door is always open for a return...

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #319 on: July 18, 2006, 11:00:07 AM »
Just finished reading this thread and your posts stand out, Vince. Your background and insight, thereof, allow you to make some cogent points. All your criticisms of the IFBB as well as bb in general, both positive and negative, are so filled with common sense that it is sad to see them go without any real response or acknowledgement. Alas, anyone who posts here on Getbig quickly realizes that the IFBB rep., Bob Chick, will always ignore such intelligent posts and will spend his time trading barbs with those in the 'peanut gallery' on silly minutiae. BB is truly a 'sick man' (perhaps a vegetative state is a better analogy) and those like Bob Chick, who ignore calls to change its present nature or try to distract the masses with sophistry (two basic strategies of repressive gov'ts - see the parallel?) do it no service. Sad.

/Keep up the good fight, Vince. There are some of us out here who refuse to be fooled.

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #320 on: July 18, 2006, 11:06:35 AM »
Vince B,

Your posts make a lot of sense.

DonDan

• Getbig II
« Reply #321 on: July 18, 2006, 12:14:14 PM »
Well, not exactly. Lets not discount the fact that many pro's have endorsement contracts and have made a great living from being a pro bodybuilder...as a direct result of competing in the NPC/ IFBB.

No different than any other sport...the better athletes will command the bigger contracts, the ones
 who don't make the cut will fall by the wayside or have to balance working and pursuing their goal...until they "make it".

This is no different then playing baseball in the minor league's...making bupkis for money, traveling by bus, staying in cheap hotels...all in the pursuit of making the big leagues and the big dollar.

The biggest difference is that this is still COMPETITION, not a 9-5 job...so there is no use comparing the two.
1. Contrary to popular belief, the NPC/IFBB don't have a lock on pro bodybuilding. Other federations have pro's making a living from it.
2. Agreed
3. Totally disagree. The majority of the pros travel by bus/plane, stay in cheap motels. With all the talk of how great the IFBB is, one would think that the IFBB IS the big league. So where is the Big $$? (hint: it aint in the athlete's pockets, It's in the Weider's pockets)
4. Thank you Bob for you insight however misguided it is.

JMentis

• Pros
  • Getbig III
« Reply #322 on: July 18, 2006, 12:41:13 PM »
Wayne in no way, shape or form will sue Vince Taylor...

A. Vince has no money to go after

B. The contract language is so grey, it would never stand

C. Vince never sent in the required fee

D. (and most importantly)

It would be a P.R. nightmare for Wayne to sue/ suspend, etc...when the very subject he takes the most heat for is/ was suspending and fining athletes when he was with the IFBB...He is alledgedly looking out for the athleets best interests, you think sueing a guy that is struggling to make ends meet would look good and set a example of things to come?

Wayne best move would be to wish Vince the best, and say the door is always open for a return...

Chick...no one knows Vince's financial status but Vince himself.... for Wayne to sue Vince he would have to show "damages/loss of revenue". At this point there aren't any.

As for Vince's future with a supplement company and/or business ventures I'm sure there will be a press release in the near future.

JM

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
  • I bring you ultimate reality!
« Reply #323 on: July 18, 2006, 12:43:44 PM »
As for Vince's future with a supplement company...I'm sure there will be a press release in the near future.

I hear there's a slot open at Gamma-O.  :)

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #324 on: July 18, 2006, 01:16:45 PM »
3. Totally disagree. The majority of the pros travel by bus/plane, stay in cheap motels. With all the talk of how great the IFBB is, one would think that the IFBB IS the big league. So where is the Big $$? (hint: it aint in the athlete's pockets, It's in the Weider's pockets)

b-i-n-g-o