Author Topic: paul dilletts recent BENCH CLAIMS...  (Read 9234 times)

the shadow

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • THE FLAG OF THE ZAPATISTA ARMY OF LIBERATION
paul dilletts recent BENCH CLAIMS...
« on: August 04, 2006, 01:40:38 AM »
this is wat paul said in flex magazine..

If you thought PAUL DILLETT's two-year absence from the competition stage since his 14th place at the 2003 Hungarian Grand Prix was his tacit retirement, then you don't know mass monsters. He was only recharging his electrodes and waiting for the next bolt of lightning. Dillett is back and looking forward to a tummy-rubbing breakfast of all those bite-sized bodybuilders who'll be at the Toronto Pro on June 3. "The reason I disappeared was not physical," he explains. "I lost drive, passion and focus. By giving my body and mind a rest, I was able to reflect and realize that you don't know what you're missing until it's gone. I also have to give a lot of credit to MuscleTech for my regeneration. At 40 [he turns 41 on April 12], I feel better and recover faster than I did at 25, and I'm training heavier and more basic than I have in 15 years. Bodybuilding is the only sport where age doesn't matter. You're as young as you feel, and I'm rejuvenated."

Don't doubt Dillett. He actually returned to training a year ago. "At first, it was embarrassing," he admits. "For incline presses, I was using a bar with a 35-pound plate on each side." That was then. Now, he's back up to 305 for 15-20 reps. "I'll be competing again at 280," he says.
Advertisement

Dillett's focus is also more mature. "I used to look past contests, thinking of them only as guest posings, assuming that I would automatically be in the Mr. Olympia. Now, I'm not even thinking beyond the Toronto show. It's getting 100 percent of my focus. That's why every bodybuilder out there had better bring his A-game."

COPYRIGHT 2006 Weider Publications
COPYRIGHT 2006 Gale Group
RATM RULZ THE WORLD

sculpture

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Re: paul dilletts recent BENCH CLAIMS...
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2006, 01:43:32 AM »
Epic reversal of his stance to a few years ago.

rockyfortune

• Getbig IV
  • "look, it's the drunk piano player."
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2006, 05:22:59 AM »
I'm wondering what he is shooting in his ass to recover better at 41 than he did at 25..is it me or do these guys sound more ridiculous every day?
footloose and fancy free

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2006, 05:33:39 AM »

At 40 [he turns 41 on April 12], I feel better and recover faster than I did at 25

That is a physiological impossibility.
The House that Ruth built

Lynchie

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2006, 05:58:23 AM »
I'm wondering what he is shooting in his ass to recover better at 41 than he did at 25..is it me or do these guys sound more ridiculous every day?

There's no doubt about the stupidity with regards to Pro's, but I think he did a little Muscletech plug there..

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2006, 06:13:24 AM »

If you thought PAUL DILLETT's two-year absence from the competition stage since his 14th place at the 2003 Hungarian Grand Prix was his tacit retirement, then you don't know mass monsters. He was only recharging his electrodes and waiting for the next bolt of lightning. Dillett is back and looking forward to a tummy-rubbing breakfast of all those bite-sized bodybuilders who'll be at the Toronto Pro on June 3. "The reason I disappeared was not physical," he explains. "I lost drive, passion and focus. By giving my body and mind a rest, I was able to reflect and realize that you don't know what you're missing until it's gone. I also have to give a lot of credit to MuscleTech for my regeneration. At 40 [he turns 41 on April 12], I feel better and recover faster than I did at 25, and I'm training heavier and more basic than I have in 15 years. Bodybuilding is the only sport where age doesn't matter. You're as young as you feel, and I'm rejuvenated."

Don't doubt Dillett. He actually returned to training a year ago. "At first, it was embarrassing," he admits. "For incline presses, I was using a bar with a 35-pound plate on each side." That was then. Now, he's back up to 305 for 15-20 reps. "I'll be competing again at 280," he says.
Advertisement

Dillett's focus is also more mature. "I used to look past contests, thinking of them only as guest posings, assuming that I would automatically be in the Mr. Olympia. Now, I'm not even thinking beyond the Toronto show. It's getting 100 percent of my focus. That's why every bodybuilder out there had better bring his A-game."

COPYRIGHT 2006 Weider Publications
COPYRIGHT 2006 Gale Group
First off, the Toronto Pro show was cancelled. He is doing the Montreal show next month. He is clocking in at 280lbs as he is dieting down. He's still very big. I see him everyday at my gym in mississauga. Paul's the man. I hope he does well.

HUGEPECS

• Getbig V
  • School of Hard knocks Gym
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2006, 07:37:44 AM »

LMAO....HE'S DELUSIONAL. HE'S PUMPING TOP JUICES UP HIS ASS, ONLY TO GET BACK ON STAGE AND BE CARRIED OUT ON A STRECHER STRAIGHT TO THE LOCAL HOSPITAL... ;D ;D ;D CAN WE ALL SAY PAUL" CRAMP OUT" DILLET.
Get Big, or Die Trying

sarcasm

• Getbig V
  • The Luke loves Dungeons and Dragons
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2006, 07:39:15 AM »
finally a REALISTIC  poundage claim from a pro bb'er, 305 for 12-15 is damn good on the incline press.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

the shadow

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2006, 07:48:59 AM »
finally a REALISTIC  poundage claim from a pro bb'er, 305 for 12-15 is damn good on the incline press.
i think so he stated 305lbs for 15-20 reps which is very good..i think so paul can incline press about 450lbs at his max..its believeable that if he can press 305lbs for 15-20 reps,its possible he can incline press 450lbs for 5-10reps.
RATM RULZ THE WORLD

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2006, 07:49:59 AM »
BETTER BRING YOUR A GAME!!!
Z

UK Gold

• Getbig IV
  • Riding on the Getbig wind
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2006, 07:51:59 AM »
I can't believe he could only do 70lbs on the incline a year ago. That is beyond pathetic. Even the likes of Kegdrainer could do that [just]. I've always liked dillet's physique and i hope he doesn't disgrace himself on his comeback.

HUGEPECS

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2006, 07:55:35 AM »
I can't believe he could only do 70lbs on the incline a year ago. That is beyond pathetic. Even the likes of Kegdrainer could do that [just]. I've always liked dillet's physique and i hope he doesn't disgrace himself on his comeback.

it's pathetic, for a guy like him, two years off shouldn't make him that weak. c'mon, doing incline with 115lbs is just embarassing. even if he was off for 4yrs, at least 135lbs would have been reasonable. now it makes me wonder how much of a pussy those guys are when off the juice. They are a pile of shyt when natural
Get Big, or Die Trying

the shadow

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2006, 07:59:19 AM »

it's pathetic, for a guy like him, two years off shouldn't make him that weak. c'mon, doing incline with 105lbs is just embarassing. even if he was off for 4yrs, at least 135lbs would have been reasonable. now it makes me wonder how much of a pussy those guys are when off the juice. They are a pile of shyt when natural
but man he did move upto to 305lbs for 15-20reps which is fuckin impressive as hell..stop tearing down big paul apart..he fucking benches more than any one on this board will dream of..305lbs for 15-20reps is fuckin awesome
RATM RULZ THE WORLD

Woten

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • jugs
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2006, 08:06:54 AM »

I bet thats only on the fucking Hammer Strength machine though, I dont believe Dillet could ever incline 450lb

rons acunt

sarcasm

• Getbig V
  • The Luke loves Dungeons and Dragons
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2006, 08:07:17 AM »
I bet thats only on the fucking Hammer Strength machine though, I dont belive Dillet could ever incline 450lb

exactly.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

HUGEPECS

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2006, 08:41:29 AM »
but man he did move upto to 305lbs for 15-20reps which is fuckin impressive as hell..stop tearing down big paul apart..he fucking benches more than any one on this board will dream of..305lbs for 15-20reps is fuckin awesome

Do you understand my point, or you just being an ass. I said when off the juice, some guys shouldn't be getting that weak. Of course, paul is back where he wanted to be as far as strenght. but a few months ago, he admitted of doing barely 1/3 of what he's lifting at present. For a big guy who used to lift shitloads of weights shouldn't loose 70% of his strenght after only two years. Even if he had spent two years mastubating, and eating mcdonald, he still should not have been that weak.
Get Big, or Die Trying

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2006, 08:48:50 AM »

Do you understand my point, or you just being an ass. I said when off the juice, some guys shouldn't be getting that weak. Of course, paul is back where he wanted to be as far as strenght. but a few months ago, he admitted of doing barely 1/3 of what he's lifting at present. For a big guy who used to lift shitloads of weights shouldn't loose 70% of his strenght after only two years. Even if he had spent two years mastubating, and eating mcdonald, he still should not have been that weak.

All drugs like the rest.

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2006, 08:50:23 AM »
Funny how some of you neglect the bar weight.  He's talking about 115 and he's lying/exaggerating too.

Here is a handy check to do when considering claims by bodybuilders

The Checklist

1.  Written in flex?  100% Bullshit

The End

(feel free to add your own but that one is the most relevant to this discussion).

the shadow

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2006, 08:55:06 AM »
Funny how some of you neglect the bar weight.  He's talking about 115 and he's lying/exaggerating too.

Here is a handy check to do when considering claims by bodybuilders

The Checklist

1.  Written in flex?  100% Bullshit

The End

(feel free to add your own but that one is the most relevant to this discussion).
WAT EVER
RATM RULZ THE WORLD

HUGEPECS

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2006, 08:57:28 AM »
WAT EVER

always remember the Olympic bar is 45 mothafcukin lbs.
Get Big, or Die Trying

the shadow

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2006, 09:27:57 AM »

always remember the Olympic bar is 45 mothafcukin lbs.
WAT EVER JACKASS
RATM RULZ THE WORLD

Woten

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • jugs
« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2006, 09:29:04 AM »
rons acunt

pobrecito

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2006, 09:30:16 AM »

Branch warren does 315 on incline for an easy 18 reps in BFTO 05. I doubt 405 would be a problem for him in the offseason.

the shadow

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2006, 09:33:27 AM »
RATM RULZ THE WORLD

the shadow

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2006, 09:35:02 AM »
I bet thats only on the fucking Hammer Strength machine though, I dont believe Dillet could ever incline 450lb

before tearing some 1 down..look at yourself first..can u do it even on a smith machine jackass.its easy to talk cheap asshole..
ASSHOLE GET A LIFE
RATM RULZ THE WORLD