Author Topic: pump - bullshit or not  (Read 1687 times)

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
pump - bullshit or not
« on: August 09, 2006, 08:26:47 AM »
i've seen various talk about the pump lately in a number of different threads... i like to hear your opinion on it... to my knowledge, there's no scientific studies or evidence about pump doing anything for gaining muscle mass... let me know what you think.

Z

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
Re: pump - bullshit or not
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2006, 06:59:54 AM »
All it means is you are pumping your muscles full of blood...you can get an insane pump doing concentration curls with a 10 pound DB.

train for strength...the pump feels great but never made a difference in my workouts or gains.

8)

figgs

• Getbig IV
  • from realization to infinity
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2006, 01:58:58 PM »
The pump is what guides me through my workouts. Inbetween sets I stretch and flex and evaluate the pump in the muscle I'm training. When the pump goes away or is at it's peak, I believe that's your muscle's way of telling you that it doesn't need any more stimulation to grow. Works for me!

This is actually something I learned on this very forum about a year ago. I was experimenting with different volumes for each muscle. As a beginner I trained each muscle with 15-20 sets each. I was told here that I was overtraining and to stop training once my pump was gone.
~

andre90

• Getbig II
  • We Gone Make IT.
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2006, 03:33:36 PM »
The pump is what guides me through my workouts. Inbetween sets I stretch and flex and evaluate the pump in the muscle I'm training. When the pump goes away or is at it's peak, I believe that's your muscle's way of telling you that it doesn't need any more stimulation to grow. Works for me!

This is actually something I learned on this very forum about a year ago. I was experimenting with different volumes for each muscle. As a beginner I trained each muscle with 15-20 sets each. I was told here that I was overtraining and to stop training once my pump was gone.

thats a really good way of looking at it ill prob try this out.
cutting for mr.getbig 2.

Mike

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2006, 02:18:51 PM »

Are you the guy flexing in front of the DB rack when I'm trying to get to my weight.  I knew it!

natural al

• Getbig V
  • like it or don't, learn to live with it..whooooooo
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2006, 12:50:24 PM »
the pump is overrated in my opinion.  I train pretty heavy-for me-and I could care less if I get a pump.  As long as I go to failure that's all that matters.
nasser=piece of shit

stealth_swimmer

• Getbig II
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2006, 02:09:35 PM »
Hard and smart training are key, but the pump tells you that you have the correct environment meaning you are well hydrated and have nutrients that you should. The pump just means that interstitial fluids are entering the muscle and that wastes are being taken out. The pump helps with recovery, at least in my experience that's how I went about it. I do train a little differently than most however, and even when going heavy I always strive for a good pump.

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2006, 02:55:30 PM »
Hard and smart training are key, but the pump tells you that you have the correct environment meaning you are well hydrated and have nutrients that you should. The pump just means that interstitial fluids are entering the muscle and that wastes are being taken out. The pump helps with recovery, at least in my experience that's how I went about it. I do train a little differently than most however, and even when going heavy I always strive for a good pump.
I agree. its how your body tells you something is changing.
bodybuildersreality.com