Author Topic: POST AND PRE workout shakes are for losers.  (Read 17966 times)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
POST AND PRE workout shakes are for losers.
« on: August 20, 2006, 11:23:22 AM »
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH,

They don`t do a thing.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
Re: POST AND PRE workout shakes are for losers.
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2006, 11:24:47 AM »
Wrong board. Check out the nutrition board.
Z

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2006, 11:26:25 AM »
hahaha you get freaked out if you miss that "15 minute window of opportunity".

hahhahahahahahahahah

Pathetic.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2006, 11:38:35 AM »
Moved.
Z

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2006, 03:22:58 PM »
hahaha you get freaked out if you miss that "15 minute window of opportunity".

hahhahahahahahahahah

Pathetic.

That's funny!! I thought that window was open for 45 minutes.

gibberj2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2006, 03:35:38 PM »
That's true. people eat all through the day and nutrients stay in your body for a few days. i've noticed taht after a law-off (even if it's 2 weeks it's huge for me) it seems to me like i grow with the food from 4 days ago. I say this because if i'm not eating much for 2 weeks or training if i start eating well again and training on the same day the muscles i worked that day or for about the next 3 don't grow again until the next time i work them but the muscles i work on the 4th day do grow. Yes i do mean grow. A 2 week complete layoff for me does result in losing about a quarter inch of arm for example but it comes back in one or two workouts.

HERACLES

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2006, 07:04:06 PM »
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH,

They don`t do a thing.

HOw do you figure a post workout shake doesnt work TA? Seriously tell me your insight..
I thought your body is like a sponge after a workout, and would absorb a protein shake very fast and efficiently over solid foods..and then say 45 minutels after the shake, have your meal, no?

the choad

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • King Of All Meltdowns
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2006, 07:10:14 PM »
TA that explains why you have the smallest forarms known to man...If i was you i would mega dose teh GH @ 24 I.U's per day..just so it can make your forearms grow...As the steriods/prohormones you have done thus far haven't..that is all

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2006, 02:05:56 AM »
HOw do you figure a post workout shake doesnt work TA? Seriously tell me your insight..
I thought your body is like a sponge after a workout, and would absorb a protein shake very fast and efficiently over solid foods..and then say 45 minutels after the shake, have your meal, no?

A little protein, and quite some fast carbs.

Even when on a diet.

If you're training endurance sports however, you'd be better off consuming fats and protein, sort of starving yourself, not eating a whole lot at all.

This concept is known as "train low, compete high", and from what I understand, is being currently under quite some research.

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2006, 02:08:07 AM »
I bet Adonis would be a nice guy if he got his blood sugar up a bit.
S

Mick33

• Getbig III
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2006, 08:46:44 AM »

He just sounds and looks like a pompous ass to me... with tiny forearms and he is always mashing his arms into his body for tricep shots. Loser.

Dball

« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2006, 08:58:22 AM »
TA that explains why you have the smallest forarms known to man...If i was you i would mega dose teh GH @ 24 I.U's per day..just so it can make your forearms grow...As the steriods/prohormones you have done thus far haven't..that is all

be nice.  he was born with an anomoly.  he has no forearms, only wrists that extend from hand to elbow, hence the lack of development.

but he is a NATURAL, which makes him bodybuilding royalty and allows him to degrade the rest of us...

Dball

« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2006, 09:00:14 AM »
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH,

They don`t do a thing.

you're an idiot.

Kegdrainer

• Getbig IV
  • team yeah buddy
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2006, 09:11:09 AM »
his shrivelled forearms are the result of his marathon-type masturbation habit.  Marathon runners have extraordinarily skinny legs, much like TA'S forearms.  Now you all know why

mikethedon

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2006, 11:27:02 AM »
Thats why you look like POO TA, man your ignorant.

pushinweightwi

• Getbig III
  • One man's trash, is another man's treasure.BSpears
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2006, 04:05:22 PM »
TA dont I remeber you saying that the only supp you took was the cheapest whey you could find?  Why if you feel it does nothing.  So if a pre/post shake does nothing then the only food that helps you grow if food consumed at all other times of the day? ::)

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2006, 09:28:33 PM »
I think it's perfectly ok for True A to choose to skip most of the conventional nutritional guidelines.

Why not go against the grain and ignore what sports and nutrition science has found out about recovery drinks - just to see what will happen.

But why make it out that those who are following what has been found through research are losers?

Where's the reason in that?

Why not just do your thing TA.

By constantly commenting on what everyone else does, you oozes low self esteem.

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

gibberj2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2006, 04:25:02 AM »
where's the proof? there is no proof of this. why don't you get a buch of people together and do your own "clinical study"? that idea is really stupid. nutrients stay in your body for days. you think the protein you just drank 5 minutes ago is what goes into the muslce? your body is using nutrients that you put in there days ago. it's rubbish.

jmt1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2006, 06:27:45 AM »
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH,

They don`t do a thing.

true adonis has to be someones gimmick account... i dont think its possible to know so little about bodybuilding and nutrtion.

so dont waste your time with your post workout shake...throw away all your supplements...and remember if your getting ready for a show make sure your drinking plenty of milk and eating plenty of fresh fruit.

lol...the sad thing is some newbie is gonna read that shit and take it seriously.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2006, 07:45:28 AM »
Do you think Steve Reeves worried about the correct Dextrose to protein ratio?

Do you think John Grimek Gave a fuck?

Do you think Arnold cared?

Did Frank Zane and Sergio Oliva go catabolic all of a sudden because they didn`t take the post workout shake?

Did Leroy Colbert shrink?

Get a clue people, its total bullshit unless you are running a marathon.  Certainly a bodybuilding workout isn`t taxing enough to require such a drink.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2006, 07:48:02 AM »
true adonis has to be someones gimmick account... i dont think its possible to know so little about bodybuilding and nutrtion.

so dont waste your time with your post workout shake...throw away all your supplements...and remember if your getting ready for a show make sure your drinking plenty of milk and eating plenty of fresh fruit.

lol...the sad thing is some newbie is gonna read that shit and take it seriously.

Frank Zane  Drank milk and ate fresh fruit, so did Steve Reeves, Franco Columbu and countless others.  You are a tool bag if you think you can`t eat and drink those things.

I will be 4 percent soon eating and drinking fruit and milk

Faust

• Getbig IV
  • It's a league game, Smokey
« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2006, 08:28:18 AM »
A little protein, and quite some fast carbs.

Even when on a diet.

If you're training endurance sports however, you'd be better off consuming fats and protein, sort of starving yourself, not eating a whole lot at all.

This concept is known as "train low, compete high", and from what I understand, is being currently under quite some research.

I agree with the fast carbs.
But after endurance: why the fat/prot ???
After my basketball (not 100% endurance, but still) i normally take fast carbs. I always thought it works the same way for the muscle.
$

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2006, 09:54:52 AM »
I agree with the fast carbs.
But after endurance: why the fat/prot ???
After my basketball (not 100% endurance, but still) i normally take fast carbs. I always thought it works the same way for the muscle.

Well, in a nutshell, scientists looked to the long distance runners from Africa I believe. And it wasn't all genetics. Some of it was the diet too.

Basically, starving.

The researchers found some stuff: after 10 weeks, a slight increased amount of cappilaries (sp?) and other things indicating that bodies adapting to low carbs. Especially when training.

The performance will be lower during the training, of course.

And you are to use traditional sports drinks during season.

It's different when it comes to lifting weights though.

But why not try skipping the sports drinks during pre-season basketball practice and running, only do it in-season and when lifting weights.

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2006, 10:15:51 AM »
Well, in a nutshell, scientists looked to the long distance runners from Africa I believe. And it wasn't all genetics. Some of it was the diet too.

Basically, starving.

The researchers found some stuff: after 10 weeks, a slight increased amount of cappilaries (sp?) and other things indicating that bodies adapting to low carbs. Especially when training.

But why not try skipping the sports drinks during pre-season basketball practice and running, only do it in-season and when lifting weights.

YIP
Zack

HAHAHAH I have taken Post workout shake and Nothing was different at all.  I wasn`t stronger nor was my energy better.

Just another stupid myth.

Its a joke.

Faust

• Getbig IV
  • It's a league game, Smokey
« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2006, 10:45:45 AM »

Basically, starving.

YIP
Zack
Could very well be true. However, by the "starvation" method you'll probably lose a lot of muscle mass (probably fast fibers).

But i have other objectives. Season has started, and i wanna lift and play ball as well. So I think i'll keep my carb intake high during and after the basketball session (2 h). In order to avoid cortisol release, so i wont lose too much muscle. I hope this will help as well to help the muscle recover.

HAHAHAH I have taken Post workout shake and Nothing was different at all.  I wasn`t stronger nor was my energy better.
Just another stupid myth.
Its a joke.
Maybe shakes themselves arent really necessary, but post-workout nutrition def. helps.

One thing i don't understand, why is everybody on the boards obsessed by protein right after training? I've read several studies saying that the only thing you need is fast carbs, maybe a very little bit of BCAA (or whey). This is primarely for an insulin spike, the muscle is very susceptible for this after a workout, and the muscles takes in the glucose faster after a workout.
Only 1-2 h after a hard workout your muscle starts taking in protein again.

Interesting:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=PubMed&list_uids=12094125
$