Author Topic: FRANK ZANE 1980 pre-contest diet! I like!  (Read 70808 times)

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: FRANK ZANE 1980 pre-contest diet! I like!
« Reply #75 on: August 30, 2006, 04:42:51 AM »
um, WRONG!  he was a massive drug addict

You enjoy defaming somebody with absolutely no evidence to back it up? ???
The House that Ruth built

swilkins1984

• Getbig IV
« Reply #76 on: August 30, 2006, 04:44:35 AM »
Franco Columbu's BB Nutrition Book recommends that a 200 lb bb looking to add muscle mass should eat about 2500 calories if he works out 2-3 hours a day 4-5 days a week.  First off the workouts are just too long for even some of the most hardcore lifters unless you are in the gym talking and the calories seem way to low.

Hurricane Beef !

• Getbig V
  • Beat Coach, Wes & Chaos So Bad . . .
« Reply #77 on: August 30, 2006, 04:46:55 AM »
I believe the Rheo egg was a raw egg whipped in a bowl ( with a fork, a whisk broke the fat in the cream down too much ) with a little half & half. I am going to e-mail him and ask him, although the answer might be in his training diaries book.

Frank used beer and wine in moderation with his meals ( one or two drinks a day maximum ) to stimulate his appetite. I recall being at a seminar 5 weeks prior to the 79 Olympia where he made this statement.

Adonis, you are looking fantastic.

The Beef.

Stavios

« Reply #78 on: August 30, 2006, 04:47:30 AM »
Franco Columbu's BB Nutrition Book recommends that a 200 lb bb looking to add muscle mass should eat about 2500 calories if he works out 2-3 hours a day 4-5 days a week.  First off the workouts are just too long for even some of the most hardcore lifters unless you are in the gym talking and the calories seem way to low.

bullshit I am on a really clean 3500 calories diet right now and I am still losing bf at 205 lbs

I will never gain an onze of muscle if I eat 2500 calories. In fact, I will lose a lot of weight

natural al

• Getbig V
  • like it or don't, learn to live with it..whooooooo
« Reply #79 on: August 30, 2006, 05:32:16 AM »
Zane never has weighed under 170 lbs.  He has been ripped his whole life.  Kept his size and shape and conditioning his whole life.

All drugs is laughable.

I'm not saying he's all drugs but the guy used to be called "the Chemist" 
nasser=piece of shit

gatrainer

• Getbig III
« Reply #80 on: August 30, 2006, 05:56:01 AM »
I`ll get right on it you skinny non-working out loser.

Man oh man...you gotta do something about that hair and ears....I know you cant do much about the ears, but at least fix your hair

rockyfortune

• Getbig IV
  • "look, it's the drunk piano player."
« Reply #81 on: August 30, 2006, 06:19:16 AM »
On Zane's website it says that he has a Masters in Psychology...not Chemistry...but he was a Math and Science teacher.

footloose and fancy free

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #82 on: August 30, 2006, 06:24:18 AM »
On Zane's website it says that he has a Masters in Psychology...not Chemistry...but he was a Math and Science teacher.

no...that was his nickname given to him by other pro's back when he was competing.
nasser=piece of shit

rockyfortune

• Getbig IV
« Reply #83 on: August 30, 2006, 06:29:43 AM »
no...that was his nickname given to him by other pro's back when he was competing.

Straight from Frank's website:

Frank graduated first in his high school class of 1960 in Edwardsville, Pennsylvania, winning a college scholarship.

Received a Bachelor of Science Degree in Education from Wilkes University, Wilkes Barre, Pa. In 1964.

Earned a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Psychology from California State University Los Angeles in 1977 and completed requirements for a California Life Teaching Credential.

Awarded a Master of Arts Degree in Experimental Psychology from California State University San Bernardino, California in 1990.

WORK EXPERIENCE

Taught mathematics, chemistry, physics, natural sciences, physical education, and psychology in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Florida, and Los Angeles, California 1964 through 1977.
footloose and fancy free

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #84 on: August 30, 2006, 06:33:06 AM »

Straight from Frank's website:

Frank graduated first in his high school class of 1960 in Edwardsville, Pennsylvania, winning a college scholarship.

Received a Bachelor of Science Degree in Education from Wilkes University, Wilkes Barre, Pa. In 1964.

Earned a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Psychology from California State University Los Angeles in 1977 and completed requirements for a California Life Teaching Credential.

Awarded a Master of Arts Degree in Experimental Psychology from California State University San Bernardino, California in 1990.

WORK EXPERIENCE

Taught mathematics, chemistry, physics, natural sciences, physical education, and psychology in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Florida, and Los Angeles, California 1964 through 1977.

what I'm saying is that back in the day, frank new his shit when it came to drugs and people nicknamed him the chemist...he even taught chemistry...I'm not saying he was all drugs but he new his shit.
nasser=piece of shit

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #85 on: August 30, 2006, 07:13:02 AM »
um, WRONG!  he was a massive drug addict and was in fact on "the sauce"

NOPE!

He was originally a Chemistry major while training for Mr Universe.

He then switched his major to Pyschology and still taught and tutored Chemistry students on the side.

You know nothing of history of bodybuilders.

That is the Truth.

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #86 on: August 30, 2006, 07:23:38 AM »
Of all the Mr. Olympias I have to say that Frank Zane is the who really knew what BB is. He knew that bigger wasnt better!!!
L

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #87 on: August 30, 2006, 07:25:15 AM »
bullshit I am on a really clean 3500 calories diet right now and I am still losing bf at 205 lbs

I will never gain an onze of muscle if I eat 2500 calories. In fact, I will lose a lot of weight

You have never tried to grow on low calories therefore you don`t know if it will work.

It WILL WORK, you just have never tried it out of fear. Am I right?

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #88 on: August 30, 2006, 07:27:28 AM »
Steve Reeves used to eat around 200 grams protein and 200 carbs and low fat.

He grew just fine.....Eat big to get big is a huge BULLSHIT statement.  This advice is for the Heavy Drug user on Insulin/GH and who the hell knows what else.

No idea why this has trickled down.

rockyfortune

• Getbig IV
« Reply #89 on: August 30, 2006, 07:32:21 AM »
whatever you want to say about zane is fine...but the guy still looks good for his age as compared to some of the remaining 70's crew---and he's still quite respected in the bodybuilding world for keeping a streamlined and appealing physique and not turning into some mastodon--as zane likes to call them...granted that era had come after frank's heyday but you still see guy's who are pushing 50 years old in magazines are juice to the gills...(gary strydom--for one!)

footloose and fancy free

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #90 on: August 30, 2006, 07:35:58 AM »
Steve Reeves used to eat around 200 grams protein and 200 carbs and low fat.

He grew just fine.....Eat big to get big is a huge BULLSHIT statement.  This advice is for the Heavy Drug user on Insulin/GH and who the hell knows what else.

No idea why this has trickled down.

the only people who have to go nuts with calories are pure ectomorphs, mesmo's and endo's are a different story.
nasser=piece of shit

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #91 on: August 30, 2006, 07:56:21 AM »
Zane had a more bulked look in late 60's to early seventies and then sculpted a fantastic competive look that brought a new dieting standard too play,but we all agree he used or had some help in getting him their,their weren't many drug guru's then but many people listened too gironda he was in great shape in the 60's,unlike today those guy's trained and hung out together like a small cult and probably shared all the vices that one did or needed for that era,today is like chemistry 101 and more secretive but they all know who's doing what and how to play the game.

airrick

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
  • Treat others the way you want to be treated.
« Reply #92 on: August 30, 2006, 08:45:58 AM »
TA, u must be the type that watch soap operas.... has it occured to you that zane might just put something lame like drink beer to throw everybody off and that he rather keep his diet a secret.  pros can say anything for poeple like us to follow.  shit, he could simply put a gram of coke on there and you'd prolly follow it cuz zane says so...

dont always believe everything you read!

Condor

• Getbig IV
  • Work Hard, Play Hard
« Reply #93 on: August 30, 2006, 09:10:53 AM »
Adonis, I too am a huge fan of Zane's but you won't find many on this website to join the club.   Have you read his book "Mind, Body, and Spirit"?  It's a little weird but has some useful info just like that diet you mentioned.  I remember reading that he would train something like 4-5 bodyparts every workout.

BTW, looking great, man.

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #94 on: August 30, 2006, 09:36:19 AM »
You have never tried to grow on low calories therefore you don`t know if it will work.

It WILL WORK, you just have never tried it out of fear. Am I right?

I've always said in past posts, that getting 30,40 or 50lbs over contest weight is useless and has absolutly no scientific basis!

bigragu

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #95 on: August 30, 2006, 10:15:21 AM »
In regards to the "Rheo Blair egg" :

Irving Johnson, ( AKA Rheo Blair ) did not believe in cooking eggs in boiling water but recommended cooking many eggs at one time in water maintained at 181 degrees for 31 minutes. The eggs were then left in the water to cool down slowly. Blair claimed that putting the eggs under cold water "shocked" many of the nutrients, rendering them ineffective and that cooking eggs in this fashion preserved much of their nutritional value.

delta9mda

• Getbig V
  • Team Pussy Claad/ ya know I'm sayin?
« Reply #96 on: August 30, 2006, 10:54:51 AM »
TA, this is laughable and ironic coming from you.

Zane is the EPITOME of "all drugs" He ate like a bird and won the Mr. Olympia, yet off the drugs he would be all of 125lbs soaking wet eating like that.

adonis got owned

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #97 on: August 30, 2006, 11:00:24 AM »
adonis got owned

I sure did not fatbody....You are another disgrace to Getbig.

Big Worm

• Getbig IV
  • Really ? You finished turd my flend? Maricon..
« Reply #98 on: August 30, 2006, 11:13:08 AM »
Zane never has weighed under 170 lbs.  He has been ripped his whole life.  Kept his size and shape and conditioning his whole life.

All drugs is laughable.
If you're not going to like steroid users...Then hate all steroid abusers ! 

You only like steroid abusers physique's that you think you can achieve naturally..(or at least close to it)...hypocrate!

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #99 on: August 30, 2006, 11:15:12 AM »
If you're not going to like steroid users...Then hate all steroid abusers ! 

You only like steroid abusers physique's that you think you can achieve naturally..(or at least close to it)...hypocrate!

Not true.  I will put it to you like this.  I hate eras.  I hate this era of bodybuilding especially.