Author Topic: proper benching warmup  (Read 3530 times)

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
Re: proper benching warmup
« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2006, 06:40:48 PM »
hey smartass.... did i say you shouldn't do a few light sets?  NO.... i said that you should warm up the body first... christ you're arrogant for a old man....
Pathetic to claim to know anything about training while using HUGE CAPS for an incomplete thought that leaves out the most important part. Don't come on here with something like that or worse, that no warm up's necessary. It can lead to serious injury, months of missed training...i've been there, had the cortizone shots so don't even bother. BTW i'm not that much older than you, kid. ;D

I ALWAYS take my time warming up and yesterday i didnt' and paid the price...started with flat bench didn't warm up enough and now right where my chest connects to my shoulder it hurts (feels kinda like a bruise) hopefully goes away. I wont make that mistake again.
This is my point-it's the know-nothings that have never been injured seriously who don't get it, consider warm ups boring and a waste of time, which is entirely understandable but don't put stupid advice on here. A good warmup's boring but essential, even for the know-nothings, to avoid future probs. ;D

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2006, 09:04:02 PM »
I ALWAYS take my time warming up and yesterday i didnt' and paid the price...started with flat bench didn't warm up enough and now right where my chest connects to my shoulder it hurts (feels kinda like a bruise) hopefully goes away. I wont make that mistake again.

Happened to me last Monday. Hurt for almost 4 days, too. Killed my shoulder workout a few days after it.

candidate2025

• Getbig IV
  • chillin out relaxing
« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2006, 09:38:14 PM »
still not impressed....neither with your knowledge base OR your physique and strength claims presented all over this piss hole.  i'm starting to give candidate more consideration in his posts than yours...
FUCK YOU !!! ;D
d[-_-]b actin all cool

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2006, 07:58:59 AM »
f**k YOU !!! ;D

Yeah you tell that little twerp.
just push some weight!

JPM

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #29 on: September 22, 2006, 08:26:40 AM »
Warming up before a benching session I might suggest the much overlooked push-up. Prefered between a push-up stand, blocks, chairs, etc. Or light DB presses with a full stretch. Pullovers help the muscle and joint areas. Best to warm-up with the same, or near the same, motion of the exercise your going heavy with. Benches=push-ups, squats=bwt squats...sissy for a complet quad stretch...Hindu squats for a total lower body warm-up.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #30 on: September 22, 2006, 02:53:57 PM »
Pathetic to claim to know anything about training while using HUGE CAPS for an incomplete thought that leaves out the most important part. Don't come on here with something like that or worse, that no warm up's necessary. It can lead to serious injury, months of missed training...i've been there, had the cortizone shots so don't even bother. BTW i'm not that much older than you, kid. ;D

hey grampa... i didn't use CAPS... just a large font... need your glasses?

you speak as if you are experienced but i bet you weigh a buck eighty of flab...