Author Topic: Lack of soreness!!!  (Read 3792 times)

Dat.Boi

• Getbig I
  • weights before dates
Lack of soreness!!!
« on: September 07, 2006, 09:24:55 PM »
Lately after my chest workouts i have just not been getting sore an di dont know why doe sit still mean im gaining in size and strength if im nto sore my workout lookes like this

Dumbell Incline 4 sets
Dumbell Flat 4 sets
Dips 4 sets
pullovers 4 sets
Flys 4 sets

what am i doing wrong

Peaking at 45 !!!

• Getbig III
  • Getbig
Re: Lack of soreness!!!
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2006, 09:28:58 PM »
Are you talking about the same soremess that you get when you 1st start training or after a layoff ?

After a few workouts the soreness will not be there, unless you change your exercises or intensity, etc.

Good luck !

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2006, 12:43:05 AM »
I agree with Peaking at 45. I never get sore when working out unless it is injury related. I still don't see why people get sore after "every" workout! I stretch, so maybe that's the difference, maybe not. Can someone explain this?

texasRUSH

• Getbig IV
  • here comes the hotstepper!
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2006, 07:44:38 AM »
soreness now is onlly associated with injuries...

Arnold Palmer

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
  • LET ME OUT OF TIME OUT NEED ADVICE GETTING GYNO!!!
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2006, 10:17:23 AM »
soreness always been from doing high reps for me

DNewbie

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2006, 10:33:14 AM »
Try something different..Maybe some heavy negatives? Drop sets? Barbell work?

Sometimes changing things up will being on some soreness!

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2006, 10:37:20 AM »
Are you getting a full stretch in all your excersises, nice and deep on flyes and presses? also through in some super sets and drop sets.
bodybuildersreality.com

lightweight

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2006, 07:31:41 PM »
i get sore after every workout no matter what.. and it lasts 3-7 days

no passn

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2006, 08:23:25 PM »
Say man its just me but i will push myself so i am sore 2 days after working any body part if i am not sore i up the weight or reps but that is me.try it good luck bro. No Passn

TNTBOOM

• Getbig III
  • die or diet
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2006, 09:53:12 AM »
my chest always gets sore after workingout with DB's
but doesnt seem to be sore when i use a BB
 ???

:-\

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The new age pussy Punisher!
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2006, 08:39:24 PM »
Soreness doesnt mean shit, its all about progression. If you arent progressing from session to session then you have something to worry about.

But if I'm not getting sore, and im progressively getting stronger and stronger, and putting on muscle, than I could give 10 flying fucks if im getting sore or not.

And if I'm getting sore but not making any gains then something is wrong.

Worry about making gains and not getting sore.

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2006, 09:06:16 PM »
There's nothing conclusive out there, but i think some small hint of soreness each workout is a good sign.

As already mentioned, switch up your workout-change the rep numbers, change the order of exercises, add some supersets, do some partials or rest-pause and you'll get some soreness. As far as exercises, throw in some pulley or pec deck or some pushups.

FYI those pullovers should be with lat exercises, IMO. You don't need that many sets for chest anyway, if you're training intensely.

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2006, 09:26:42 PM »
Why is soreness needed??????

There's nothing conclusive out there, but i think some small hint of soreness each workout is a good sign.

As already mentioned, switch up your workout-change the rep numbers, change the order of exercises, add some supersets, do some partials or rest-pause and you'll get some soreness. As far as exercises, throw in some pulley or pec deck or some pushups.

FYI those pullovers should be with lat exercises, IMO. You don't need that many sets for chest anyway, if you're training intensely.

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2006, 10:35:15 PM »
If you think just because your not sore it doesn't mean you haven't worked the muscle enough, lack of soreness doesn't mean jack!!

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2006, 12:07:50 AM »
If you think just because your not sore it doesn't mean you haven't worked the muscle enough, lack of soreness doesn't mean jack!!

That doesnt make sense bro?? Can you elaborate??????

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2006, 01:13:01 AM »
I realised when i stretched the soreness was a lot less. so i probably going to stop stretching.

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2006, 01:34:26 AM »
I realised when i stretched the soreness was a lot less. so i probably going to stop stretching.

That's one of the silliest things I've read on here.

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2006, 03:26:33 AM »
ok "lovethesport" haha.

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2006, 08:01:31 AM »
There's nothing conclusive about whether soreness helps, on the other hand a little soreness is 100% confirmation of effectiveness, so anecdotally it makes total sense that soreness is more beneficial.

Therefore, use soreness as incentive to experiment to find better, more effective exercises & routines. The most effective WILL give slight soreness virtually every workout; less effective exercises & routines won't. From experience i'd say now that anyone who's not getting at least slight soreness most workouts isn't using the most effective approach.Doesn't mean there won't be progress, but it won't be optimized.

A good example is BB bench press which is supposed to be the holy grail of chest exercises. For many it isn't a good chest developer and f*** up the shoulders nicely. Once i paid attention to muscle soreness and the related mind-muscle connection, I found better exercises that were more effective for chest vs. just following the book.

JPM

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2006, 08:15:14 AM »
I will agree with FlexingtonSteel, progress in size and power is the main gage, not how sore ones gets days after a workout.

LoveTheSport: I believe Mars was playing everyone about stretching. Or trying to, I hope.

Good Luck.

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2006, 08:16:49 AM »
Progressive resistance, that is gradual increase in weight used, is key however that is not by itself sufficient for maximal gains. Progressive resistance using less effective exercises will not maximize gains for a particular area. For example, doing only leg extensions for legs will not maximize gains regardless of progressive resistance.

The MOST optimal combo is the most effective exercises (related to mind-muscle + soreness) + progressive resistance + the best routine; they are inter-related.

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2006, 01:23:53 PM »
Progressive resistance, that is gradual increase in weight used, is key however that is not by itself sufficient for maximal gains. Progressive resistance using less effective exercises will not maximize gains for a particular area. For example, doing only leg extensions for legs will not maximize gains regardless of progressive resistance.

The MOST optimal combo is the most effective exercises (related to mind-muscle + soreness) + progressive resistance + the best routine; they are inter-related.

Not progressive resistance young pumpster, but PROGRESSIVE GAINS.

Answer me this......If I get sore after every workout for one year. But I look exactly the same after that year is over. Is soreness really beneficial???

Answer this q

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2006, 06:48:38 PM »
Not progressive resistance young pumpster, but PROGRESSIVE GAINS.
Kid, progressive resistance is an established theory related to overload that dates back maybe half a century or more, which you're quite clearly unaware of. In terms of BB, it's as fundamental as gravity. Where did you get "progressive gains" from? Sounds like a term you've made up and arbitrarily decided to inform us is important.  ::) :-X

Answer me this......If I get sore after every workout for one year. But I look exactly the same after that year is over. Is soreness really beneficial???
Why are you wasting time with a negative hypothetical? Go and do it with an effective program and get back to us. This is your homework assignment, junior.

What you're still not grasping is that on a cost-benefit basis, mild soreness has upsides with no practical drawbacks. Smarter to play the odds.

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2006, 07:41:36 PM »
Kid, progressive resistance is an established theory related to overload that dates back maybe half a century or more, which you're quite clearly unaware of. In terms of BB, it's as fundamental as gravity. Where did you get "progressive gains" from? Sounds like a term you've made up and arbitrarily decided to inform us is important.  ::) :-X

Why are you wasting time with a negative hypothetical? Go and do it with an effective program and get back to us. This is your homework assignment, junior.

What you're still not grasping is that on a cost-benefit basis, mild soreness has upsides with no practical drawbacks. Smarter to play the odds.

Ok bro, I think you totally dont get what I'm saying here, because were talking about two totally different things here.

I'm not even talking about progressive resistance, which by the way I am fully aware of.

What I am saying is that soreness means absolutely jack. What matters is that you are progressing in your training.

The defintion of progression is as follows:
noun 1. the act of progressing; forward or onward movement. 
2. a passing successively from one member of a series to the next; succession; sequence. 

What I am talking about it studily making gains throughout your program.

And if your goal is to get mildly sore from your workouts, then you are missing the whole boat brother.

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2006, 10:22:22 PM »
What I am saying is that soreness means absolutely jack. What matters is that you are progressing in your training.
And what you keep missing is that progressive resistance without the best plan doesn't cut it. It's a combo of a few variables.

There's no proof either way on soreness; I don't doubt that it makes a difference. To be smarter, incorporate all possibilities into the equation, rather than getting stuck on just one, because the upside is potentially great.

Progressive resistance married to more effective exercises and better mind-muscle connections = maximal potential growth, not one or the other as you're claiming.

I get sore more often from working out now than I did 20 years ago because of an improvement in one variable, better exercises. Progressive resistance was always there. I can see better results as a result of greater knowledge.