Author Topic: Can't train this muscle...  (Read 5704 times)

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
  • TAKE YO FUCKING JACKET WIT YA
Re: Can't train this muscle...
« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2006, 07:13:14 AM »
hahahaha, have you seen his pics? I would take anything he says with a grain of salt.

A BIG grain of salt.  He Looks like a fuckin bean bag chair covered in mashed potatoes.  THANKS FOR THE ADVICE DOUCHEBAG!!! HAHAAHA... kill yourself.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2006, 08:01:04 AM »
Take a wide grip, and do them on a flat bench.  The pause at the bottom is what really make these a pain.  Have Fun  8)
I gotta agree with anvil here. The stretch is amazing, and the pace is slower/limited because of the plane of motion. But when you stand up and walk to the fountain....Damn. Worth every penny. One of the best.   

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2006, 10:31:44 PM »
hahahaha, have you seen his pics? I would take anything he says with a grain of salt.
The way he looks is irrelevant, just as it is with anyone who posts advice in here whose pics we have never seen. What I dont understand is how one guy gets shit for giving advice, while the other who gives the same advice gets praised...In fact, candidate's advice was better and lengthier with more detail. Regardless of whether his advice was good or not, it doesn't make him deserving for the shit he gets on here. Its pathetic!

..bitches.
follow the arrows

JPM

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2006, 08:31:59 AM »
I'm not going to write down the advice Candidate gives, even though it's the best advice I'm ever going to get. And I don't care how he looks. A lot of PT's & strength/lifting coaches look like they never touched a weight in their lives. I can understand Candidates enthusiam towards training and I know he means well and all that other good stuff. But as we all know, no single muscle group can be isolated from another, including the anterior delts, pec's, etc.. Even when we do BB/DB curls the anterior delts are involved. When Candidate demands (in bold letters) that only the pecs be worked and not the anterior delts, than how is that possible(?). Even flys and pec decks work the delts. Just curious.

Pre-exhaustion would be the better option. Pec deck (or cables)  immediately followed by incline DB presses. Though the press to the neck can be a very good movement (pre-exhause here also, if you wish) their can be a certain amount of caution to go along with this exercise. Most would require a good stretch and warm-up before doing serious sets. Go easy on the weight used at first, this exercise does not adapt to using very heavy weight as the regular BP would. Form is important in this exercise. If there is one exercise that I might suggest has a strong negative effect on the rotor cuff it would be this one exercise. The BP to the neck is not meant for everyone. Of course you will have to try it yoursef, like any other exercise, to see how it works for you. In any case, be sure to have a alert spotter when doing this exercise. Good Luck.

Joey Tito

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: September 13, 2006, 11:14:48 AM »

Berzerk, where are the pics of Candidate?  Can anyone give a link?

anvil

• Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: September 13, 2006, 11:24:33 AM »
Berzerk, where are the pics of Candidate?  Can anyone give a link?

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=66328.0

Of course, he's only 16 so people should probably ease up on him a bit

Joey Tito

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: September 13, 2006, 11:42:14 AM »
http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=66328.0

Of course, he's only 16 so people should probably ease up on him a bit

Thanks, anvil.

All I have to say is BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHA.  I can't believe this guy actually has the ballz to offer ANY training advice on here.  Doesn't look like he's ever touched a weight in his life.

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: September 13, 2006, 12:14:52 PM »
Once again Cand-ate-everything-inthe-fridge has made an ass of himself.  I want to thank you all, from the bottom of my heart, for proving me right yet again.  Haider, you're still a fag.  Elvis has left the building!!!

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #33 on: September 13, 2006, 03:58:59 PM »
DB incline presses and flys, and cable incline flys. There are also some good leverage incline press machines.

Key is to experiment with the incline until the sweet spot is found that maximizes chest. Typically this will happen with lesser angles 10-35 degrees.

Another one is pulley crossovers, but bent over to the extreme, facing the floor.

Also try partials using different parts of the ROM, in order to find the range that maximizes front chest. Then use that range either for full sets or for burns post-failure.

On flys bring the elbows in towards the top of the motion, palms facing.

candidate2025

• Getbig IV
  • chillin out relaxing
« Reply #34 on: September 13, 2006, 05:58:02 PM »
hahahha. yess...that WAS me.  ;D even in that shitty sitty picture i looked better than you brixton bulldog.

besides the point, size and conditiong does not equal workout knowlegde.
d[-_-]b actin all cool

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: September 13, 2006, 06:51:03 PM »
hahahha. yess...that WAS me.  ;D even in that shitty sitty picture i looked better than you brixton bulldog.

besides the point, size and conditiong does not equal workout knowlegde.

Oh ok... cause you owned yourself by opening your fat, cake eating mouth about shit you're just learning about. 

And actually it does equal workout knowledgable you prepubescent pig.  Go wash your rolls.

candidate2025

• Getbig IV
  • chillin out relaxing
« Reply #36 on: September 14, 2006, 05:59:46 PM »
Oh ok... cause you owned yourself by opening your fat, cake eating mouth about shit you're just learning about. 

And actually it does equal workout knowledgable you prepubescent pig.  Go wash your rolls.
I studied the effects of lifting on the human body for almost a full year before i ever touched a weight...    im not "just learning" anything.

and yeah i guess your right, i mean..with all that evidence you provided to back up your statement and everything. ::)
d[-_-]b actin all cool

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: September 14, 2006, 06:01:57 PM »
I studied the effects of lifting on the human body for almost a full year before i ever touched a weight...    im not "just learning" anything.

and yeah i guess your right, i mean..with all that evidence you provided to back up your statement and everything. ::)

Look at yourself in the mirror... evidence enough?

candidate2025

• Getbig IV
  • chillin out relaxing
« Reply #38 on: September 14, 2006, 06:16:18 PM »
Look at yourself in the mirror... evidence enough?
no, the fact that i am extremely musclular at such a young age without the help of anabolic steroids DOES NOT mean that i have alot of workout knowledge. the fact that i have studied the science of working out and tested most everything ive heard DOES.
d[-_-]b actin all cool

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #39 on: September 14, 2006, 07:21:33 PM »
Since brixton is being such a jackass who has no qualms abt throwing shit at someone trying to help him out.. and since he wants to make it a point that he wont take advice from someone who "looks like shit", I'm sure he will also oblige to post up his own pics for fair comparison.

:)
follow the arrows

dan18

• Getbig V
  • I DID WHAT I DID BECAUSE I DO WHAT I WANT.
« Reply #40 on: September 15, 2006, 06:22:25 AM »
do incline flys palms foward takes the movement off the shoulders then dumbell incline imo incline bench hits the shoulders more than dumbells.
p

Joey Tito

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #41 on: September 15, 2006, 09:04:07 AM »
no, the fact that i am extremely musclular at such a young age without the help of anabolic steroids DOES NOT mean that i have alot of workout knowledge. the fact that i have studied the science of working out and tested most everything ive heard DOES.

Dude, with all due respect, you are not "extremely muscular."  In actuality, you don't look like you even lift weights.  Sorry to deliver this reality check to you, but...

KingCol

• Getbig II
« Reply #42 on: September 15, 2006, 02:37:27 PM »
If you do presses with your elbows flared out all the time try bringing them down on your sides a bit.  It will help.  You will not be able to go quite as heavy but it will hit your pecs more directly.

candidate2025

• Getbig IV
  • chillin out relaxing
« Reply #43 on: September 17, 2006, 12:33:04 PM »
Dude, with all due respect, you are not "extremely muscular."  In actuality, you don't look like you even lift weights.  Sorry to deliver this reality check to you, but...
...this was over two months ago....
d[-_-]b actin all cool

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: September 17, 2006, 07:41:13 PM »
Today... BEFORE the pump.

brianX

• Getbig IV
  • Kiwiol has 13" arms!
« Reply #45 on: September 17, 2006, 10:41:18 PM »
This "candidate" dipshit can't even bench 225. He's a joke.
hahahahahahahahahahahaha

candidate2025

• Getbig IV
  • chillin out relaxing
« Reply #46 on: September 18, 2006, 08:25:57 AM »
Today... BEFORE the pump.
ummmmmmmmmmmmmm    i really do hope your kidding.
d[-_-]b actin all cool

candidate2025

• Getbig IV
  • chillin out relaxing
« Reply #47 on: September 18, 2006, 08:27:03 AM »
This "candidate" dipshit can't even bench 225. He's a joke.
???  and where did you hear this?          i dont bench....i use dumbells..but im pretty sure that if i am doing work sets with the 110's then i can easily do the same with 225 on the bench.
d[-_-]b actin all cool

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: September 18, 2006, 11:43:39 AM »
ummmmmmmmmmmmmm    i really do hope your kidding.

I'm not... you really are a fat piece of shit.

candidate2025

• Getbig IV
  • chillin out relaxing
« Reply #49 on: September 18, 2006, 02:44:09 PM »
k...its obvious from your picture that you have no idea what your talkin about, so i will just stop responding to you.
d[-_-]b actin all cool