Author Topic: For the people who told me the Supra will never be re realesed  (Read 7198 times)

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: For the people who told me the Supra will never be re realesed
« Reply #50 on: September 14, 2006, 10:51:48 AM »
I agree, I don't quite understand it either. My best guess is that it's the snob factor. People have a hard time believing a Chevrolet can outperform their European supercar or they're car that costs 2 1/2 times as much as a Z06. There are only a handful of cars on the planet that can show the Z06 their taillights and those cars cost hundreds of thousands of dollars. The Z06 is one badass ride.

Some people just write it off because its American without being objective.
The House that Ruth built

Cold

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #51 on: September 14, 2006, 08:43:43 PM »
Great thread. My daily driver is a 480 RWHP 03 mustang cobra but I appreciate those Supras. I had access to one for a few months when my buddy moved out of state and left it at my house. Stock internal, stock rear end, and consistently dynoed 500-600 to the wheels. Looked and drove completely stock. It was a sweet ride. I'm a hardcore mustang guy for life but I keep hearing this voice in my head that tells me to buy a Supra to add to my collection of Ponies.

scooter

• Getbig III
  • the fvckin priest deserved to die
« Reply #52 on: September 14, 2006, 09:54:24 PM »
I disagree with the Evo being better that any car under 40k the sti will kill it everyday. I have friends that have both(06 evo9 and an 06 sti) and stock v. stock the STI kills it and on a curvey rd it is no comparasion. Another friend of mine has a s2000 it is supercharged and will beat both of them. He has recently sent the motor to laskey racing and is expecting to get 600 crank hp(about 470-500 rwhp) it should beat alot of cars around here and probally alot anywhere it weighs about 2800lbs (I think) with tha power to weight it will be badass so you can keep your evo. Personally I am a guy that likes amercian muscle. If it aint got a v8 that shit aint fast. I dont care how much hp you have I like the torque of a v8 big block or a big small block. You can have the turbo I will take a big block with alot of n02 and go in a straight line real fast all day long. The ricers may do better around the track but going 4-8secs in a 1/4 would be the greatest thing ever IMO

body88

« Reply #53 on: September 14, 2006, 10:15:53 PM »
I disagree with the Evo being better that any car under 40k the sti will kill it everyday. I have friends that have both(06 evo9 and an 06 sti) and stock v. stock the STI kills it and on a curvey rd it is no comparasion. Another friend of mine has a s2000 it is supercharged and will beat both of them. He has recently sent the motor to laskey racing and is expecting to get 600 crank hp(about 470-500 rwhp) it should beat alot of cars around here and probally alot anywhere it weighs about 2800lbs (I think) with tha power to weight it will be badass so you can keep your evo. Personally I am a guy that likes amercian muscle. If it aint got a v8 that shit aint fast. I dont care how much hp you have I like the torque of a v8 big block or a big small block. You can have the turbo I will take a big block with alot of n02 and go in a straight line real fast all day long. The ricers may do better around the track but going 4-8secs in a 1/4 would be the greatest thing ever IMO

A stock evo mr vs an sti on a track is no comparision. Your friend must not know how to drive. The sti has severe grip issues with the rear end since they added the additional horses taking it to 300. The evo 8 was better than the sti just as the evo 9 is. The sti is close but not better.

As for the second half of the post my entire thread was dedicated to track racing. Nos drag racing and 1/4 mile times mean nothing to me.

Drag racing is fine and dandy. Comparable to an incomplete bodybuilder in the car world. Bascially a drag car is the guy with huge biceps no legs shoulders back chest etc etc..... Track cars got it all. Speed for the rear straghts and hendeling for days.

Like i said there is nothing american ride under 100k aside from the zo6 that can take a evo fq on any track. Nothing stock could ever touch it. Ill take my jap and euro cars thanks!

scooter

• Getbig III
« Reply #54 on: September 14, 2006, 10:34:35 PM »
you really are an idiot I am sure of it

scooter

• Getbig III
« Reply #55 on: September 14, 2006, 10:38:41 PM »
you see ricers are like girls they are quick and smooth but the got no balls. That is the difference a real car has the power to jerk you back in the seat because it has balls

Thunderfck1

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #56 on: September 14, 2006, 10:39:33 PM »
Speed for the rear straghts and hendeling for days.

In english please.

I've ridden in an sti on a curvy road and it had no problem with the back sliding out, if you want to nitpick, you can even transfer more of the power to the front.

scooter

• Getbig III
« Reply #57 on: September 14, 2006, 10:44:18 PM »
In english please.

I've ridden in an sti on a curvy road and it had no problem with the back sliding out, if you want to nitpick, you can even transfer more of the power to the front.
liar!!!!! how dare you doubt body88 he obviously is the sti, evo car god

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #58 on: September 15, 2006, 03:08:29 AM »
I would kill for this car... Oh you WILL be mine.... :P

CLose to mine

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: September 15, 2006, 03:43:14 AM »
man, that camaro is perfect... I love vinyl tops! I may be the only person left who does but I DO!  Yum yum!!!  hmmmm maybe Black with red interior, red strip, black vinyl top, 396 or a 427... ohhhhhhhhh I will not be worthy until I own this car!

body88

« Reply #60 on: September 15, 2006, 12:21:46 PM »
In english please.

A curvey road isn't a race track. You did not puish a car to its limit on a curvey road. Not to mention transfering more power to the front would wreak havok on the handeling while on a track. You obv know nothing about racing or cars. I have raced both have you?  I said it was a good car. It is not as good as an mr. Not to mention i was talking about an evo FQ in my post. It has 400 horse and would annihilate a sti. But you knew that right?

body88

« Reply #61 on: September 15, 2006, 12:22:30 PM »
liar!!!!! how dare you doubt body88 he obviously is the sti, evo car god

Haha ok "scooter". With a name like that I would bet you drive a focus aaaahahahah.

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #62 on: September 15, 2006, 02:38:24 PM »
A curvey road isn't a race track. You did not puish a car to its limit on a curvey road. Not to mention transfering more power to the front would wreak havok on the handeling while on a track. You obv know nothing about racing or cars. I have raced both have you?  I said it was a good car. It is not as good as an mr. Not to mention i was talking about an evo FQ in my post. It has 400 horse and would annihilate a sti. But you knew that right?
i have not agreed with every thing you have said on this thread but as a avid scca,drag racer and just strait up high performance car, motorcycle builder and enthusiast i have driven about any kind of car you can think of and although i preferr the STI over the evo i believe the evo is a slightly better choice for a racer as it has more control but as for as speed they are both slower than what i am used to and the STI is a far better daily driver and just a fun car but the evo is still a better car for the track

body88

« Reply #63 on: September 15, 2006, 03:48:23 PM »
i have not agreed with every thing you have said on this thread but as a avid scca,drag racer and just strait up high performance car, motorcycle builder and enthusiast i have driven about any kind of car you can think of and although i preferr the STI over the evo i believe the evo is a slightly better choice for a racer as it has more control but as for as speed they are both slower than what i am used to and the STI is a far better daily driver and just a fun car but the evo is still a better car for the track

I agree the sti is a better all around car. but for track racing like you said it is better than the sti. The fq is rediculous tho... I read some of my stuff and I dont want you guys to get the wrong idea. I love cars... All cars. I just beleive american cars havce really lost touch with performance and handeling. The gt is a great example of what american cars could be!

scooter

• Getbig III
« Reply #64 on: September 15, 2006, 05:00:46 PM »

Haha ok "scooter". With a name like that I would bet you drive a focus aaaahahahah.
yea ok can you not come up with anything better than that. FYI I drive and 04 dodge dakota quad cap with a 4.7v8 I dont have a muscle car because I like trucks more

body88

« Reply #65 on: September 15, 2006, 06:05:48 PM »
Nice scooter does it have a lift kit and fog lamps!!??

scooter

• Getbig III
« Reply #66 on: September 15, 2006, 09:25:47 PM »
not yet but soon. meking fun of me....................co ming from a guy who listens to PATD!!!!!!!!!!!!! dude you really are awueer and if you aren't then you missed a good shot at it

body88

« Reply #67 on: September 16, 2006, 12:46:43 PM »
Hahahhahahahah  ::) O brother.