Author Topic: War price on U.S. lives equal to 9/11  (Read 25967 times)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
War price on U.S. lives equal to 9/11
« on: September 22, 2006, 02:44:22 PM »

Now the death toll is 9/11 times two. U.S. military deaths from Iraq and Afghanistan now match those of the most devastating terrorist attack in America's history, the trigger for what came next. Add casualties from chasing terrorists elsewhere in the world, and the total has passed the Sept. 11 figure...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060922/ap_on_go_ca_st_pe/911_times_two

shutupandtrain88

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
Re: War price on U.S. lives equal to 9/11
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2006, 03:28:12 PM »
it's called war and as crappy as it sounds, the lives lost are helping to make sure all of us here posting dumbass threads can continue to do so.  And I have lost friends in this war.  I respect each and every one doing their part overseas and domestically that work day in and day out to protect us and rid the world of those that want to kill us.  and that is kill civilians and destroy our way of life.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2006, 09:42:15 PM »
it's called war and as crappy as it sounds, the lives lost are helping to make sure all of us here posting dumbass threads can continue to do so.  And I have lost friends in this war.  I respect each and every one doing their part overseas and domestically that work day in and day out to protect us and rid the world of those that want to kill us.  and that is kill civilians and destroy our way of life.

Then show some respect to those who voice opinions in opposition to your own.

The freedom or speech, and freedom to question, and dissent enjoyed up til now is part of the 'American Way of Life' and anyone who would censor that is unamerican and participating in the destruction of America.
w

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2006, 09:45:20 PM »
Then show some respect to those who voice opinions in opposition to your own.

The freedom or speech, and freedom to question, and dissent enjoyed up til now is part of the 'American Way of Life' and anyone who would censor that is unamerican and participating in the destruction of America.

What does freedom of speech have to do with anything?  The First Amendment only applies if there is "state action," i.e., when the government is trying to regulate speech.  Private entities can censor all they want.  See my Veggie Tales post from last night, where networks are censoring the word "God" out of Veggie Tales episodes so they don't offend paranoid atheists and agnostics. 

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2006, 09:56:20 PM »
What about the freedom to question, and to dissent? What about the freedom to not be BSed by your own gov.

I know that's not in the constitution, ...but damn it, ...IT SHOULD BE!  >:(
w

Cavalier22

• Getbig IV
  • Citizens! The Fatherland is in Danger
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2006, 06:45:15 PM »
i wonder what the number of islamists killed since 9/11.  quite a lot i'm sure
Valhalla awaits.

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2006, 04:47:13 AM »
i wonder what the number of islamists killed since 9/11.  quite a lot i'm sure

What do you mean by Islamists killed? Don't you mean Iraqi's, Afghani's, or AlQ killed?
...or is this really a 'crusade' as Bush first stated it to be in the days immediately following 911?

If that's the case, ...I stand corrected. You would have used the correct term afterall.
w

Delusional Liberal

• Getbig III
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2006, 04:48:56 PM »
and the war price on U.S lives when fighting the japanese was much more than the attacks on pearl harbor, we shouldnt have fought japan, would have saved american lives.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2006, 05:26:53 PM »
and the war price on U.S lives when fighting the japanese was much more than the attacks on pearl harbor, we shouldnt have fought japan, would have saved american lives.

Cute,  but Iraq wasn't the one that attacked us.  BTW... ::)

Delusional Liberal

• Getbig III
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2006, 05:35:07 PM »
Cute,  but Iraq wasn't the one that attacked us.  BTW... ::)
no, they didn't, what's your point?

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2006, 05:42:19 PM »
no, they didn't, what's your point?

I don't speak for Ozmo, but I believe his point is that these lives shouldn't have been lost over some meaningless war. And by lives I mean US soliders.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2006, 06:29:52 PM »
I don't speak for Ozmo, but I believe his point is that these lives shouldn't have been lost over some meaningless war. And by lives I mean US soliders.

Spot on CJ!   If we lost that in Afghanistan i'd feel they were justified.  But we were manipulated by our government and lied to.  And as a result we have 3000+ dead in Iraq, and unstable country, thousands wounded, 50k to 600k dead iraqis, 800 billion in debt and no end in sight. 

Yeah monster brilliant and we have a smurf account who is too chicken shit to post in his real name.  Pathetic weak ass shit.

Delusional Liberal

• Getbig III
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2006, 06:32:21 PM »
Spot on CJ!   If we lost that in Afghanistan i'd feel they were justified.  But we were manipulated by our government and lied to.  And as a result we have 3000+ dead in Iraq, and unstable country, thousands wounded, 50k to 600k dead iraqis, 800 billion in debt and no end in sight. 

Yeah monster brilliant and we have a smurf account who is too chicken shit to post in his real name.  Pathetic weak ass shit.
800 billion in debt from the iraq war?  links please.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2006, 06:36:34 PM »
You go find them,  It's been discussed here for months.  even if it was 100 billion........  what the fuck difference does it make?  It's still a stupid mistake for us to do what we did.  what could 100 billion do in our schools?  As more and more our children rate lower and lower as compared to the rest of the world.  We out getting 3000 americans killed for a bull shit reasons and drones like your self who don't have to pay the price applaud it.  idiotic

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2006, 06:40:49 PM »
I'm sorry,  i just looked it up:  380+ Billion.  I wonder if that makes it all better now?    ::) 

Delusional Liberal

• Getbig III
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2006, 06:41:19 PM »
You go find them,  It's been discussed here for months.  even if it was 100 billion........  what the f**k difference does it make?  It's still a stupid mistake for us to do what we did.  what could 100 billion do in our schools?  As more and more our children rate lower and lower as compared to the rest of the world.  We out getting 3000 americans killed for a bull shit reasons and drones like your self who don't have to pay the price applaud it.  idiotic
i support furthering United States imperialism in the middleast.  I don't support the way the Iraq war is being fought, far too politically correct, resulting in deaths of american soldiers.

Delusional Liberal

• Getbig III
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2006, 06:43:23 PM »
I'm sorry,  i just looked it up:  380+ Billion.  I wonder if that makes it all better now?    ::) 
all of the 380 billion is debt? pretty much positive that's not the case.  Also, dont forget all the money going back into the USA economy from that 380 billion.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2006, 06:44:57 PM »
i support furthering United States imperialism in the middleast.  I don't support the way the Iraq war is being fought, far too politically correct, resulting in deaths of american soldiers.

LMAO

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2006, 06:46:04 PM »
all of the 380 billion is debt? pretty much positive that's not the case.  Also, dont forget all the money going back into the USA economy from that 380 billion.

OMG   LMAO  more.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2006, 06:47:14 PM »
dude you are soo way out,  i think you are just saying this shit to bait people into an stupid arguement.   

I'm  going back to play a tourney. (hold 'em) 

Delusional Liberal

• Getbig III
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2006, 06:51:11 PM »
LMAO
arabs/'persians'/muslims need to be ruled with an iron fist, like saddam ran iraq.  a full out democracy will never work.  USA is far too PC with the way this war is fought. fact.

cheers.

Delusional Liberal

• Getbig III
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2006, 06:55:41 PM »
OMG   LMAO  more.
all the jobs in iraq, soldiers, contractors, the catering companies, construction companies etc. etc., where is all the money they're earning going to go?  into iraq? no.  back into the USA economy.  the cost of the iraq war is a fraction of the federal budget.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2006, 07:53:11 PM »
The estimated war costs with longterm health costs is 2 trillion.  We are borrowing it from international banks who are getting deeds to US land.  Remember, our nation is actually a corporate entity.  You do know this, right?  I don't recall the President, but when the fed reserve went live, we became a corporate entity- the USA.

Also odd that many will completely realize that the war in Iraq was waged using a complete lie, but the war in Afghaniztan.... ;)

I guess you'll realize that lie, given enough time.

Delusional Liberal

• Getbig III
« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2006, 08:01:19 PM »
The estimated war costs with longterm health costs is 2 trillion.  We are borrowing it from international banks who are getting deeds to US land.  Remember, our nation is actually a corporate entity.  You do know this, right?  I don't recall the President, but when the fed reserve went live, we became a corporate entity- the USA.

Also odd that many will completely realize that the war in Iraq was waged using a complete lie, but the war in Afghaniztan.... ;)

I guess you'll realize that lie, given enough time.
any links to back up this 2 trillion dollar figure?  USA debt is only at 65% of GDP, around 68% of which is 'good' debt such as mortgages etc.

to put in perspective, japans debt is at 170% of GDP.

how is the war in afghanistan a lie? please inform me, im very curious.

Debussey

• Getbig IV
  • The shadow braggs about hitting women
« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2006, 08:02:03 PM »

You are incredably stupid.
Support DEBUSSEYWORLD!