Author Topic: War price on U.S. lives equal to 9/11  (Read 26087 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: War price on U.S. lives equal to 9/11
« Reply #50 on: October 28, 2006, 11:07:41 PM »
why? i don't know, i don't even know if that's true.  do you have a non CT source?  still doesnt change anything i said.

Is the BBC a CT source?
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/1550366.stm

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: October 28, 2006, 11:18:40 PM »
  you make it seem as if we should have only gone after the people directly responsible for 9/11 or directly responsible for whatever attack, that's ridiculous.  that's not 'waging war' as you put it, that's not 'fighting terrorism' that's apprehending criminals.   this is a war against radical islam.  afghanistan was full of radical islamists, our enemy, and again, and easy target therefore the perfect target, a completely justified war.

You're the first getbig member to be this completely neo-conservative and this completely honest about it.  I feel you're justifying the death of hundreds of thousands of innocents, plus thousands of US Soldiers... but I respect your honesty!

Delusional Liberal

• Getbig III
« Reply #52 on: October 28, 2006, 11:19:42 PM »
Is the BBC a CT source?
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/1550366.stm
thats a news source reporting a claim made by a pakistani diplomat who says usa was planning to invade afghan before 9/11, that's not 'governments reporting in their newspapers BEFORE 9/11 that we were going to invade afghanistan'

look at the date of that article, after 9/11.

not a government reporting
not before 9/11

any other sources??

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #53 on: October 28, 2006, 11:24:00 PM »
You're the first getbig member to be this completely neo-conservative and this completely honest about it.  I feel you're justifying the death of hundreds of thousands of innocents, plus thousands of US Soldiers... but I respect your honesty!

Bravo! It's kind of refreshing isn't it.  :)
w

Delusional Liberal

• Getbig III
« Reply #54 on: October 28, 2006, 11:27:47 PM »
soldiers exist to fight and protect our freedom.  god bless them.  ask a group of a 100 soldiers 1 by 1 'do you support killing radical islamists, people who wish to kill your fellow men women and children, your families, are you willing to risk your life to protect them?'  i'd be willing to bet 95% of them would say yes, god bless our soldiers.  your deaths are not in vain.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: October 28, 2006, 11:28:49 PM »
http://www.indiareacts.com/archivefeatures/nat2.asp?recno=10∓ctg=policy

India and Iran will "facilitate" the planned US-Russia hostilities against the Taliban.
India in anti-Taliban military plan

26 June 2001: India and Iran will "facilitate" US and Russian plans for "limited military action" against the Taliban if the contemplated tough new economic sanctions don't bend Afghanistan's fundamentalist regime.

The Taliban controls 90 per cent of Afghanistan and is advancing northward along the Salang highway and preparing for a rear attack on the opposition Northern Alliance from Tajikistan-Afghanistan border positions.

Indian foreign secretary Chokila Iyer attended a crucial session of the second Indo-Russian joint working group on Afghanistan in Moscow amidst increase of Taliban's military activity near the Tajikistan border. And, Russia's Federal Security Bureau (the former KGB) chief Nicolai Patroshev is visiting Teheran this week in connection with Taliban's military build-up.

Now, you can argue this is a CT source (although I don't see it), but can you explain how they detailed the mid-October invasion in June?  

(And if you want to REALLY stretch and say they were in on 911, tell me why we aren't invading India.)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: October 28, 2006, 11:29:30 PM »
Delusional,

Are you a religious person?

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: October 28, 2006, 11:31:28 PM »
Delusional,

i've heard he likes pina coladas. 

Delusional Liberal

• Getbig III
« Reply #58 on: October 28, 2006, 11:31:42 PM »
Delusional,

no.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: October 28, 2006, 11:38:24 PM »
no.

Okay.

We're of differing sides of the republican party, I think.  I prefer an isolationist approach to solving the problems, it sounds like you might prefer the imperialist approach.   

Your honesty and openness is refreshing.  I think for at least the next two years, yours is the national policy we'll be employing, and probably something close to it afterwards.

I'm part of a growing group of former republicans who once supported the wars and voted for bush once or twice.   After learning we were misled on the iraq war reasons, and after many of us have studied 911 and realized it was an inside job, we have lost our faith in our party.  We don't like liberals, that's for damn sure.  But we don't like neocons either.

I don't like your stance, but I'd die defending our country by your side to defend your right to say it.

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #60 on: October 28, 2006, 11:44:18 PM »
It seems to me we would be much safer by sealing our border, and putting just a fraction of all that money from the Iraq war into our ports and stuff here at home.

Whats stopping a terrorist from coming right in from Mexico and setting off any kind of bomb in a public place?   

Killing all the Islamic Extremists in Iraq isn't going to work, there not just in Iraq, there everywhere, even here in our own country.
S

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: October 28, 2006, 11:46:58 PM »
It seems to me we would be much safer by sealing our border, and putting just a fraction of all that money from the Iraq war into our ports and stuff here at home.

Whats stopping a terrorist from coming right in from Mexico and setting off any kind of bomb in a public place?   

stick to areas in which you have expertise . . . like bleaching your hair blonde.

J/k . . .too late to "seal" our borders . . . they're too long (as we wanted them to be), we have too many foreign elements in our country, and too many interests and commitments abroad . . . can't turn back the clock.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: October 28, 2006, 11:48:17 PM »
Dangit 240,... Now I'm always wonderin if the new guy is wearing a uniform.... Thanks a lot for posting that info >:(  ;D

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #63 on: October 28, 2006, 11:48:27 PM »
stick to areas in which you have expertise . . . like bleaching your hair blonde.

HAHAHAHAHAH, I forgot I made that thread for a second and was thinking HOW THE HELL DOES HE KNOW???

You don't think even a quarter of the troops we have in Iraq could seal our border?

For the record I love all the Radical Islamists getting killed in Iraq just as much as George W but it's not helping IMO.
S

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: October 28, 2006, 11:53:06 PM »
Dangit 240,... Now I'm always wonderin if the new guy is wearing a uniform.... Thanks a lot for posting that info >:(  ;D

There are govt employees visitng message boards now to put across what they call "correct" information, and that is fine.  It's much like putting a govt employee handing out party brochures at peace rallies.  It's just an info exchange/debate here.

Delusional is funny because he's completely honest.  He doesn't try to justify the lies that got us into iraq or Afghan.  US domination of the world is his thing. And that's fine.

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: October 28, 2006, 11:55:33 PM »
soldiers exist to fight and protect our freedom.

Agreed

god bless them.

Agreed

ask a group of a 100 soldiers 1 by 1 'do you support killing radical islamists, people who wish to kill your fellow men women and children, your families, are you willing to risk your life to protect them?'  i'd be willing to bet 95% of them would say yes,

Agreed, ...when you pose the question like that.

HOWEVER, ask those same soldiers 'do you support invading another country because they as a sovereign nation chose to grant a lucrative contract to build a pipeline through their country to an Argentinian company who came in with a less expensive bid, are you willing to risk your life, deprive your family, and risk your limbs, your life, potential paralysis in order that a domestic firm can build a pipeline, for the sake of corporate profits?' I'd be willing to bet 95% of them would say no.

There is a school of thought that believes THAT was the reason for the invasion, and 911 was the excuse.

god bless our soldiers.

Agreed

your deaths are not in vain.

Considering Congressman Bill Frist (R - TN) is now calling for the Taliban to be welcomed into the government of Afghanistan ...I doubt I can agree with that.
w

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: October 28, 2006, 11:57:29 PM »

For the record I love all the Radical Islamists getting killed in Iraq just as much as George W but it's not helping IMO.

attrition works . . .

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: October 28, 2006, 11:58:47 PM »

True that.  For anyone who calls me a liberal, I would happily pull the trigger on osama, KSM, and any other actual terrorists you put in front of me.  i'd mow down ten of them, then have a ham sandwich.  

Some folks don't realize it's possible to be strong on nat'l defense, but at the same time not blindly support any war bush fancies.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: October 29, 2006, 12:00:07 AM »

HOWEVER, ask those same soldiers 'do you support invading another country because they as a sovereign nation chose to grant a lucrative contract to build a pipeline through their country to an Argentinian company who came in with a less expensive bid, are you willing to risk your life, deprive your family, and risk your limbs, your life, potential paralysis in order that a domestic firm can build a pipeline, for the sake of corporate profits?' I'd be willing to bet 95% of them would say no.

There is a school of thought that believes THAT was the reason for the invasion, and 911 was the excuse.

Jag, I would like to challenge anyone here to prove you wrong on the Argentina oil connection.  They cannot.

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: October 29, 2006, 12:01:09 AM »
Agreed

Agreed

Agreed

Considering Congressman Bill Frist (R - TN) is now calling for the Taliban to be welcomed into the government of Afghanistan ...I doubt I can agree with that.

you're canadian . . . what you think is completely irrelevant. 

Migs

• Getbig V
  • THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!
« Reply #70 on: October 29, 2006, 12:01:23 AM »
Agreed

Agreed

Agreed

interesting jags

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: October 29, 2006, 12:02:09 AM »
There are govt employees visitng message boards now to put across what they call "correct" information, and that is fine.  It's much like putting a govt employee handing out party brochures at peace rallies.  It's just an info exchange/debate here.

Delusional is funny because he's completely honest.  He doesn't try to justify the lies that got us into iraq or Afghan.  US domination of the world is his thing. And that's fine.

That's the kind of honesty that will put your country back on the right path. Lord knows I don't agree with him, ...but his honesty, and lack of delusions with regards to the real agenda (to an extent) almost brings a tear to your eyes. {lol}
w

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: October 29, 2006, 12:05:42 AM »
I would honestly rather have a person (or politician) say "We want to invade these 4 countries, manage their resources and put in military bases, and kill about a milllion of their people total."  instead, we get false-flag attacks and changing stories about WMD/ liberation/ sowing seeds of democracy.

Not that I'd support that belief, but I would respect it. 

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: October 29, 2006, 12:07:50 AM »
Jag, I would like to challenge anyone here to prove you wrong on the Argentina oil connection.  They cannot.

Gee 240, ...how nice of you to challenge people to challenge me.  ::)
...I mean...it's not like I don't have enough stalkers and cowardly harassers in this forum {lol}
w

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: October 29, 2006, 12:10:23 AM »
LOL... okay, challenge that statement.

It's funny how some people will argue for hours about how a radio DJ insulted someoen or how waterboarding is/isn't torture, but will completely refuse to address major things, like the US/Taliban 2001 oil negotiations/threats.