Author Topic: I woke up this morning and decided to achieve the strongest grip in the world  (Read 6776 times)

figgs

• Getbig IV
  • from realization to infinity
And I'm going to be fucking serious. Farmer's walks while doing sled pulls, Captains of Crush grippers until I close the No. 4, tearing phone books, liscence plates, bending nails, rolling up frying pans, etc.

I'll keep you updated on my progress. I start training today. I'm going to do farmer's walks today. No sled yet though. One step at a time!

Share any tips if you'd like!  :)
~

dovidov

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
Your poor little cock is having nightmares!

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
And I'm going to be fucking serious. Farmer's walks while doing sled pulls, Captains of Crush grippers until I close the No. 4, tearing phone books, liscence plates, bending nails, rolling up frying pans, etc.

I'll keep you updated on my progress. I start training today. I'm going to do farmer's walks today. No sled yet though. One step at a time!

strangle the poor

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.

Make sure to not overtrain the grip. Hit it once every 5th day, and if you get stuck, add a rest day.

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

JPM

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Try using a extra thick BB for DL holds, shrugs, etc or all your exercise for that matter. Great for cleans/Hi-pulls. Reverse curls comes to mind as one with a thick bar, using a false grip at times. Extra thick bars are hard to come by so you might get some heavy plumber pipe. Select the size you think is demanding enought for your grip.  Cut or have them at the store cut it for you. Get a Allen or hex wrentch and remove one of the collars on the bar. Slide the pipe unto the bar. Replace the collar that you removed. Now lift. Can also do this with a pair of DB's. Works well on a chinning bar or even a lat machine. You will get a very strong and improved grip using extra thick handles. And usually in a very short time.

Work out at one of those fussy commerical chain gym/spa's? Too bad for you, but here are a couple of suggestions. One practical way may be to get some extra heavy industrial hose material; water, steam, etc. Cut to size (may need a fine tooth saw or box cutter), which would probably be 7-8 inches, or so. Slit the hoses (long way), open it up and place it or wrap it around the bar. These will be your new gripping handles. Another way is to use roll material, like a karate belt, and wrapp it around the bar and grip these as you lift. Good Luck.

darksol

• Getbig III
  • ProSportNutrition.net
good luck, I am amazed by the hand strengh of those in the Strong Man contests.  Its hard enough to hold 130 lbs dumbells I couldn't imagine holding 360 lbs ones they use in the contest. 

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
good luck, I am amazed by the hand strengh of those in the Strong Man contests.  Its hard enough to hold 130 lbs dumbells I couldn't imagine holding 360 lbs ones they use in the contest. 

the farmers walk at the world level is almost unbelievable

darksol

• Getbig III
  • ProSportNutrition.net
What I don't get is why gyms like 24 hour fitness don't have plasmas with video footage of things like worlds strongman, bodybuilding contests, Powerlifting coverage.  I get pretty round up when I watch those, it would be very motivating to see them at the gym during my workout.  Just have them above the dumbell racks.  they also need to change up the music,  Have some quality classic rock / metal during instead of the top 40 crap.

benchthis

• Getbig V
  • operation deep throat
its all in the mind  :o

texasRUSH

• Getbig IV
  • here comes the hotstepper!
its all in the mind 

could not be a statement more true...

Your MAAAAaaaa

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • GETBIGS MINISTER OF SEXUAL HEALTH
Make sure to not overtrain the grip. Hit it once every 5th day, and if you get stuck, add a rest day.

YIP
Zack

Is wanking training the grip, when im on the vinegar strokes my grip gets real tight!!!

ta ta
Pm me for STI advice @ NO COST

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
Is wanking training the grip, when im on the vinegar strokes my grip gets real tight!!!

ta ta

i dun understand....   ???     :-\

unskinny

• Getbig II
  • Getbigtoo!
If you don't have large hands, forget about having "the strongest grip."  Obviously you can greatly improve your grip strength, but there is a reason most of the strongmen are pretty tall (and have large hands) and you don't see guys 5'7, however muscular/strong they may be.

Doing deadlifts is also a tremendous way to improve your grip, using the standard over/under grip.

MikeMatarazzo.com

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
A big pair of hands is a must.
The House that Ruth built

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
A big pair of hands is a must.
You would know a thing or two about guys with big hands huh bmacsys? gayer than hiking pictures from the 70s
L

G.R.H.

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
i have small hands, but i have been told that my handshake is like a vise grip! anyway, good luck! snap/crush some bones!

Dredlock Rasta

• Getbig III
  • Can't trust shadows after dark

WHY?
Don't let em fool ya

figgs

• Getbig IV

WHY?

How awesome would it be to tear a liscense plate or the yellow pages? Come on, man.

Thanks for all the advice. I'm still waiting for my damn grippers to arrive. I've been slacking in my grip training because of that.
~

Peaking at 45 !!!

• Getbig III
  • Getbig
Try holding a 50 lb. plate in your hand until your grip gives out----time how many seconds you can hold it-----and try to beat it each time !

Of course, you have to find flat plates--certainly no olympic types.

Good luck-----it sounds like a fun goal--best of luck !!! :)

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
Try holding a 50 lb. plate in your hand until your grip gives out----time how many seconds you can hold it-----and try to beat it each time !

Of course, you have to find flat plates--certainly no olympic types.

Good luck-----it sounds like a fun goal--best of luck !!! :)

The pinching kind of s trengthis actually a slightly different grip strength than crushing.

So train crushing on workout 1 and pinching and rolling thunder on workout 2.

Don't go to total failure IMO.

Do 3-4 sets, subfailure.

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
The pinching kind of s trengthis actually a slightly different grip strength than crushing.

So train crushing on workout 1 and pinching and rolling thunder on workout 2.

Don't go to total failure IMO.

Do 3-4 sets, subfailure.

YIP
Zack

hadn't thought about that... do you think wrist curls influence the grip at all?  what about the old forearm roll-up

gtbro1

• Getbig V
hang from a chin bar for as long as you can.Add weight as needed.

JPM

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Large hand's does not mean anyone has a superior grip. Small hands can be just as powerful, if not more so with training. Hanging from a chinning bar, with added weight, is an execellent idea offered by gtbro1. Guy's who do heavy chinning find that out before long. One arm hanging/chinning is very good for the grip. Might also try pinch gripping a overhead 2X4 (mostly used in garage structures) and chinning that way. Good Luck.

figgs

• Getbig IV
Great ideas! What day should I train grip? Certainly not before back day, right?
~

--phoenix--

• Getbig II
  • train all out or dont train at all

hows your grip coming on then?
never be satisfied