Author Topic: Dumbbell Squats  (Read 3226 times)

AVBG

Re: Dumbbell Squats
« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2006, 06:28:51 PM »
A lot of guys are surprised that dumbbell squats are effective.  The natural thing to question is that if you use say 300 to 400 for your sets with a barbell, how are you going to find big enough dumbbells?  For some reason it seems that if you go really deep and just about brush the floor with the dumbbells it's a really tough exercise.  Using straps and going low makes this an effective alternative to barbell squats. I hold the dumbbells at my sides when I squat and I don't deadlift it from the front. 

I had the same questions about dumbbell shrugs.  I always thought that I would never find big enough dumbbells. To my surprise your don't need to equal your barbell weight to get a great trap workout with dumbbells.

spot on oldtimer1. Its really a different exercise and the weight is balanced over a different position, I use 160's for 8-10 reps and find it really effective as I train alone in a home gym setup without a rack.

benchthis

• Getbig V
  • operation deep throat
Re: Dumbbell Squats
« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2006, 06:16:30 PM »
this is the only thread which has stayed on topic and didnt end with someone being owned  :D