Author Topic: GH 15 Speaks the TRUTH on what is POSSIBLE!  (Read 50260 times)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
Re: GH 15 Speaks the TRUTH on what is POSSIBLE!
« Reply #300 on: October 06, 2006, 08:17:08 AM »
One second is a HUGE amount of time in sprinting Adam....try beating someone in a 100yd sprint when they have a one second head start....people dont realize how much it is till they try and race someone.  Also...regarding the Ben Johnson thing....I do happen to know a certain person who was a prominant decathlete.....and let me put it this way....Ben happened to get CAUGHT...if you catch my drift.

I have ran track and cross-country and made regionals and States all 4 years when I did so I do know a bit about that sport.

Better equipment and technique have resulted in better times.  As you can see, Since 1968 people have been running in the 9 second range.  I read an article on this regarding shoes being the reason.   I will see if I can find it.

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
« Reply #301 on: October 06, 2006, 08:20:44 AM »
I have ran track and cross-country and made regionals and States all 4 years when I did so I do know a bit about that sport.

Better equipment and technique have resulted in better times.  As you can see, Since 1968 people have been running in the 9 second range.  I read an article on this regarding shoes being the reason.   I will see if I can find it.

Thats fine...but most people do not realize it.  As far as equipment goes....its the same with triathlon bikes.  A doc at my clinic has a bike that I was blown away by.  If I recall correctly, it didnt weigh more than 3 - 4lbs.  Its absolutely freaky.

nycbull

• Getbig V
  • Team Jay Should Have Won
« Reply #302 on: October 06, 2006, 08:23:51 AM »
Sorry about your uncle but the Lord is not some fairy godmother who grants man's every wish and whim. If we were as smart and/or powerful as the Lord, we would be God's level and not mere, frail mortal men. The pride of chaps/trolls like yourself is astounding.

Religious freaks like this will always say pray, and then when it doesn't work, God work in mysterious ways. There is no way to argue with them, they have to win or they couldnt' function in life. They don't have a true understanding of God, just some fairy tale version of him that they contrive to help them deal with their mental weaknesses.

El_Spiko

• Getbig III
  • The freaky-geeky
« Reply #303 on: October 06, 2006, 08:24:10 AM »
Not to a HUGE varrying degree.

Most records are broken on 100ths of a second.   Also, some records are a result of drug use. (Ben Johnson)

There is no huge Variation like the claims people in this thread are making.....But that is apples and oranges.

Technique and skill have A LOT to do with record breaking than body variance.

Here is the PROGRESSION of the MEN`s 100 METER World Records.

So although in all other areas of physical endeavor we have been able to make gradual improvements on what was seen as the genetic limitation of man, that's utterly impossible in bodybuilding? Whatever man, if you want to limit yourself fine. I don't see the point in argueing it anymore. You never conceed that you're wrong even when you are clearly shown to be so, nor will you ever accept that there is anyone better at anything than you, so why bother argueing about it.
I min/max my physique

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #304 on: October 06, 2006, 08:41:44 AM »
So although in all other areas of physical endeavor we have been able to make gradual improvements on what was seen as the genetic limitation of man, that's utterly impossible in bodybuilding? Whatever man, if you want to limit yourself fine. I don't see the point in argueing it anymore. You never conceed that you're wrong even when you are clearly shown to be so, nor will you ever accept that there is anyone better at anything than you, so why bother argueing about it.

I have not shown to be wrong.  You are making a blanket statement by saying that all progress has been a result of overcoming a genetic limitation. 

benjamin pearson

• Getbig IV
  • Dan18 has a huge forehead
« Reply #305 on: October 06, 2006, 09:22:00 AM »
True Adonis I used to have respect for you because of the shape you got into for the Mr. Getbig... But after reading your posts you are a total jackass... you are ugly as a mule and uneducated, but make claims like this G-force suit in order to feel intelligent. You are a waste of skin.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #306 on: October 06, 2006, 09:29:26 AM »
This is very interesting:

Wonder shoes to 'smash' Olympic records

The Sydney athletics track: Good vibrations?

Canadian scientists say they have designed revolutionary new running shoes that could smash world records at next month's Sydney Olympics.
The state-of-the-art shoes conserve energy by being adapted to suit each athlete and reduce energy-sapping leg vibrations, New Scientist magazine reports.

The new shoes could make a big difference for marathon runners

The shoes contain conventional materials that are altered to reduce vibrations and thus energy loss.

They were designed by Benno Nigg and James Wakeling - colleagues at the Human Performance Laboratory in the University of Calgary, Canada.

The new shoes emerged from studies of the damaging effects of vibrations on the body.

By manipulating the viscosity, elasticity and stiffness of the sole of a running shoe, the researchers believe some athletic performances can be boosted by up to 4%. In marathons, they think the technology could help runners chop as much as four minutes off their times.

World records predicted

"We think we will see some world records," said Professor Nigg.

A number of leading athletes are set to use the new shoes at the Olympics. They include the reigning Olympic 100 metres sprint champion, Canadian Donovan Bailey.

The Trinidadian sprinter Ato Boldon and British heptathlete Denise Lewis will also put the new shoes to the test next month, Reuters news agency reports.

The German sportswear and equipment maker Adidas-Salomon AG is planning a worldwide launch of the shoes in early 2001.

Professor Nigg said that on average about 30 top athletes who tested the shoes in the laboratory boosted their performance by 1.8%.

To mimic the leg vibrations caused by running, the researchers strapped runners on to a suspended bed with their feet held at a steady angle to a wall.

Dampening leg vibrations

The bed was then swung like a pendulum so the runner's heels struck the wall every two seconds. By measuring electrical activity, the researchers found that muscles naturally tighten to dampen vibrations in the legs, using energy.

Britain's Denise Lewis is set to test the new shoes in Sydney

"The muscles retune the natural frequency of the leg," said Dr Wakeling. This process stops the leg resonating when the foot strikes a surface.

The researchers then designed a shoe that would do the retuning using the least amount of energy.

Soft soles were best for dampening vibrations. But ideally, the shoes should be tuned to the vibrations of each individual by varying the blend of materials. It seems people's muscles resonate at different frequencies.

The new shoes may also reduce the wear and tear on athletes' legs caused by repetitive training.

Professor Nigg said the shoes might one day be adapted to make walking less physically tiring.

"If you do it right, an elderly person may be able to walk two miles rather than one and a half miles," he said.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #307 on: October 06, 2006, 09:30:10 AM »
True Adonis I used to have respect for you because of the shape you got into for the Mr. Getbig... But after reading your posts you are a total jackass... you are ugly as a mule and uneducated, but make claims like this G-force suit in order to feel intelligent. You are a waste of skin.

Sorry you feel that way Benjamin,
NASA is currently working on this as well.  Just thought you should  know.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #308 on: October 06, 2006, 09:38:49 AM »
Why have records not fallen?
According to Professor Michael Rennie, University of Nottingham there is almost no change in most world records since 1989. He believes modern athletes have reached optimal power to weight ratio. Bengt Saltin, from the Muscle Research Centre, Copenhagen believes the performance of endurance athletes can be improved with better training and nutrition. Others believe improved times will come with advancements in track surfaces and running shoes. Since 2000, 21 world marks have fallen in swimming's 26 individual Olympic events. Conversely, track and field has lowered only 10 marks in its 38 individual Olympic events during that same four-year span. Technical developments in swim wear have without question shaved times resulting in new records. When hundredths of a second separate the best swimmers this is no surprise. Despite new footwear innovations track and field has seen less activity with its world records. One reason why old track and field records have not been broken relates to the rules, which govern the use of footwear that blatantly alter performance.

In the United States, the United States of America Track and Field governing body, have a rule 71, which states:

"The purpose of shoes for competition is to give protection and stability to the feet and a firm grip to the ground. Such shoes, however, must not be constructed so as to give the competitor any additional assistance, and no spring or device of any kind may be incorporated in the shoes."

Shoes, which can no longer be classed as costume, become equipment and at the present time these are banned from International competitions. Acceptance will take time as the regulations change. What is likely to accelerate this change is the development of wearable technology.

Spira Shoes has patented WaveSpringª technology. The WaveSpring is a laterally stable, compact and lightweight spring that can be incorporated into the heel and to forefoot of the shoe providing cushioning and energy return. The lightweight shoes weigh 13.5 ounces and are made from leather with durable soles. Manufacturers claim the Spira Shoes prevent injuries and because the spring system is mechanical, the spring last the life of the shoe. The ZCoil

Michael Johnson still holds the men's 200 and 400m world records. His 400 time of 43.18 seconds is more than a second better than this year's top time in the world, 44.37 run by Jeremy Wariner. The track athlete was a firm believer in athleticism and although he attributed much of his track performance improvements to the use of the latest computerized monitors to measure his heartbeat, stride, starts, and posture, it was the body that won the medals. Ethiopian runner, Kenenisa Bekele has set two world records pre-Olympics, in the 5,000 and 10,000m, without benefit of a major technological breakthrough.

Competitors from less well off countries are unable to use technology and hence the full significance of performance improving technology has not been felt. The International Olympic Committee do try to mitigate the imbalance by offering monthly stipends and training abroad to promising athletes through the Olympic Solidarity Program and other assistant efforts.

Swimmers have tried for decades to gain an edge by such rudimentary means as shaving body hair to reduce friction in the water. Swimwear manufacturer Speedo took that concept to a new level when it designed the Fastskin. Modeled after a shark's skin, the full-body swimsuit reduces drag by up to 4 percent over other swimsuits, Speedo claims. When a swimmer enters the water, a thin layer of still water clings to the body. The Fastskin swimsuit breaks down that water much the way the fibers on a shark's skin does. FINA approved the Fastskin in November 1999, and more recently the upgraded version, Fastskin FSII. At the 2000 Olympics, 28 of 33 Olympic gold medalists wore the swimsuit. All but one of the men's world records has fallen since the suit debuted.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #309 on: October 06, 2006, 09:39:00 AM »

Better equipment and technique have resulted in better times.  As you can see, Since 1968 people have been running in the 9 second range.  I read an article on this regarding shoes being the reason.   I will see if I can find it.

This explains a lot. Here we have a cross-country runner holding himself up as the pinnacle of natural muscle development.  That's like saying a Minivan is the pinnacle of automotive engineering.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #310 on: October 06, 2006, 09:46:02 AM »
Faster than nature
This month's Olympic Games will showcase technology that makes athletes go faster and stay cooler.

Running shoes that deflect heat and sweat. Swimsuits that imitate the flow dynamics of shark skin or airplanes. "Cool" woolen clothing that can keep athletes comfortable between events in 100-degree heat. The Olympic Games in Athens promise to spotlight not only superb athletes, but also the latest sports science and technology.
The ancient Greeks, who used science to help organize their world, would probably approve. And while the debate continues about whether the impact of "smarter" body wear can be measured in gold medals, athletes and sporting-goods makers agree that if using such items makes athletes feel more comfortable and confident, it can help them achieve peak performance.

Olympic contenders already have been testing experimental versions of high-tech suits and shoes, especially in high-speed events like sprinting and freestyle swimming.

"I think technology is helping improve swimming times, but ultimately it's about the swimmer and what you feel best wearing," says Martina Moravcova, a silver medalist in 2000, who in Athens will wear a shoulder-to-ankle suit by Tyr Sport of Huntington Beach, Calif. "You can't judge if you are one-tenth of a second faster or slower, but you do feel much slicker than if your body wasn't covered."

SUITED FOR SPEED: Gold-medal sprinter Maurice Greene hopes to defend his Olympic title - with help from Adidas's 'Formotion' sprint suit.

The "long-john" swimsuits have become popular since Australian medalist Ian Thorpe made a big splash with his full-body Adidas JetConcept suit during the Sydney Olympics in 2000.

Mr. Thorpe, who won three gold and two silver medals in Sydney, reportedly was able to convince Games officials that the suit was not merely swimwear, but a crucial piece of equipment because of its hydrodynamic qualities.

Most freestyle swimmers are expected to wear some version of them in Athens, says Mary Wagner, spokeswoman for USA Swimming, the national body for competitive swimming based in Colorado Springs, Colo. "These suits aren't magic bullets," adds Steve Furniss, an Olympic medalist in 1972 and cofounder of Tyr. "But they can increase performance through lower drag coefficients."

To more effectively reduce drag, water must be kept attached to the body surface for as long as possible. When water hits the shoulders of a swimmer, it normally separates from the body, causing pressure drag, often the strongest type of drag. But placing ridges around the body in strategic places causes the swimsuit essentially to alter the water flow and keep it along the length of the body longer. While the ridges do increase friction drag a bit, they reduce pressure drag more than enough to compensate.

Tyr has applied research from the University of Buffalo to design its new Aqua Shift swimsuit, which it claims reduces drag by 10 percent by incorporating ridges called turbulators that look like hollow pipes. Adidas uses riblets over the back and buttocks to mimic the aerodynamics of an airplane, and Speedo's new Fastskin II suit mimics the tiny toothlike scales in shark skin, called dermal denticles, that are slanted toward the tail of the shark and help force water flow around its body, thus reducing friction.

Speedo's suit was designed by aerospace engineer Barry Bixler using computational fluid dynamics (CFD) software to simulate and test the suit's reduction of drag. CFD also has been used in other sports like the javelin.

In devising the new suits, companies must be careful to adhere to the rules of the Fédération Internationale de Natation, the world governing body for water sports, which state that no swimmer shall be permitted to use or wear any device - such as webbed gloves or flippers - that may aid in speed, buoyancy, or endurance during a competition. The long-john suits allowed so far simply represent swimwear, it has ruled.

The full body suits also compress a swimmer's body: They are so tight that it takes 10 minutes to put them on, says Slovakian swimmer Moravcova, who will compete in Athens in freestyle and butterfly events. And they stretch with wear, she adds, so she typically changes to a new suit every three to five elite competitions.

Another innovation for this Olympics: sprint suits for runners. In July, Adidas introduced its "Formotion." The company had studied top sprinters to see how they move, according to James Lamont of Adidas's innovation team. Then it designed the suit to complement those movements by applying compression in key areas with Lycra power bands. The bands are wrapped around the lower thigh just above the knee, for example, and encircle the leg to harness power, essentially by pushing the runner's body together so he or she can use the momentum coming from the legs in the upper body as well.

"We link that power through the back of the thigh following the abdominal muscles, through the real power center of the body, and drive the athlete forward," Mr. Lamont explains in a written statement.

Adidas's designers mapped the human body by computer to pinpoint where specific technologies were needed for support, ventilation, freedom of movement, and muscle control and guidance. They placed large Lycra bands across the lower back to stabilize the orientation of the hips to keep them square to the sprinting lane. They added power bands along the arms and shoulders to enhance forward arm swing and minimize nonlinear motion. And they put them across the back end of the athlete down to the hamstrings to help store and release energy. The Formotion also includes mesh inserts in the underarm to reduce the weight of the suit and ventilate that critical heat zone.

Five US runners wore the suit during the recent US trials, including reigning Olympic medal winner Maurice Greene, who is expected to wear the suit at the Athens games as well. 0Kim Collins, a 100-meter sprinter who hopes to win the first Olympic medal for the tiny Caribbean island of St. Kitts and Nevis, has been testing the suit since the 2003 track and field world championships in Paris, where he won the gold medal in his event.

Although sprint- and swimwear typically attract a lot of attention at the Olympics because of the sports' popularity, other sports are also benefiting from high-tech gear.

For example, Canada's national rowing team will wear a new red-and-white, hooded "Swift Suit." The unisuit, designed in Nike's sport research lab, uses technology in its seams to support the motion of rowing. "The unisuits are intended to reduce even the smallest amount of drag so the team can maximize their performance," says Raegen Salchow, the suit's designer at Nike Global, in a written statement.

Working closely with rowers, the designers at Nike pushed the seams in the suit to the front in order to make it as aerodynamic as possible. Nike claims the hood helps eliminate drag by 3 percent, equivalent to eight feet in a 2,000-meter race.

The Swift Suit also incorporates improved moisture-wicking technology, called Nike Dri-Fit, to help sustain body temperature. It draws sweat away from the skin and moves it to the outside of the fabric, where it evaporates, and the Dri-Fit panels are mesh so they breathe.

In addition, the rowing uniforms use a "No Sew" laminating technology in the leg hems that puts the fabric together without the bulky seams of sewn garments. This also helps reduce chaffing and irritation, Nike claims.

One of the biggest challenges Athens poses is heat. With sweltering temperatures routinely topping 100 degrees in the summer, several companies are developing "beat-the-heat" athletic wear, some of it for events, some for warm-ups, and some just for hanging out in the Olympic Village.

For example: Adidas is applying to clothing the ClimaCool technology it pioneered in running shoes. Using three-dimensional fabric construction, the company has come up with jerseys and other garments that use the latest techniques and fibers to absorb sweat and conduct heat away from the body. To improve the cooling aspects of ClimaCool, Adidas used computer technology to map the body's sweat zones, and then placed ventilation in those zones.

Strange as it may sound, the Australian Olympic Team hopes to conquer the heat with wool. The nation's sheep-centric powerhouse, Woolmark Co., will provide all-natural wool garments that breathe, absorb moisture, and stay dry against the skin.

Because shoes trap so much heat in track and field, research continues to make them more breathable. Adidas, for one, has added venting under the foot through the midsole. And by placing polyester and polyurethane film under the ball of the foot, the company has developed new shoes that reflect away different wavelengths of light and heat coming from the surface of the running track, even before they get absorbed in the shoe. The film will be used in shoes for long-distance races and the marathon.

Consumers eventually will see derivatives of high-tech athletic wear in sporting goods stores.

Most items produced for the Olympics basically are a giveaway, says Tom Doyle, vice president of information and research at the National Sporting Goods Association in Mount Prospect, Ill. He adds that recognition of the item helps in sales of consumer versions later. The association figures retail sales of sporting goods will rise 2 percent in 2004 to $46.6 billion.

Only a small fraction of that is swimsuits and other gear for world-class athletes, he adds.

Olympic technology

• Pole Vault: At the 1896 Olympics in Athens, a bamboo pole was used to set the vaulting record of 10 feet, 6 inches. Between 1942 and 1957, aluminum, steel, and fiberglass poles were tried. Fiberglass won out, increasing the indoor world record height to 20 feet, 2 inches in 1993.

• Sprint: Wooden starting blocks replaced toe grooves at the 1948 London games. (In ancient Greece, runners took off from a standing position and were flogged if they started too soon.) Modern metal starting blocks contain micro-controllers to prevent false starts.

• Marathon: Wedge-heeled Nike sneakers at 1972 US Olympic trials began the modern running-shoe era.

Wombat

• Getbig IV
  • Your name tattooed to my ass!
« Reply #311 on: October 06, 2006, 10:20:33 AM »
Well its obvious that GH15 hates america and the people here...So my guess is its someone over in the persian gulf area...

Rammer

• Getbig II
« Reply #312 on: October 06, 2006, 02:45:43 PM »
Though reluctant due to the hostile crowd here I figured I'd break my silence and chime in on this thread.  I'm a fairly accomplished natural BB that's won a ton of natural shows, made the cover of Natural Physique Magazine, worked at a supplement distribution warehouse, promoted Natural shows and was a judge for the ANBC.  I'm a small framed guy, 5'8", weighed 100 lbs as a sophomore in high school and decided to weight train to put on some weight.  I graduated HS at 128lbs in 1985 and by 1992 was competing at the top of the middleweight class all natural.  At my best contest peak I weighed in at 174 and was probably 177 on stage in the pic you see below at the 1992 Southern States.  The before picture was when I was a junior in HS and had a year of lifting under my belt.  I put on 60lbs of muscle in 8 years of training, all natural.  I was curious to see how big I could get and set a goal of trying to reach a bodyweight of 200lbs.  Working at a supplement warehouse I was able to try every supplement available on the market, I've never used steroids or anything you couldn't buy in a GNC or anything banned by any natural organization at the time(aka ephedra now banned for example).  I struggled and couldn't seem to get over 197 which was my max weight after using creatine for awhile.  Creatine pushed me out of the upper 180's and into the upper 190's.  Only by overeating did I actually hit 202 for a single day but felt like crap and very fat at 12% bf.  I was way more comfortable in the 190's and around 10% offseason and it was a weight I could easily maintain.  As a natural it was very easy for me to lose muscle when dieting for a show.  Luckily I stayed pretty lean in the offseason and never had to diet too long.  As far as GH 15's comments, honestly I haven't met any natural BB under 5'10 at 5-6% BF over 200 lbs.  I tried myself and could not do it, the only way I broke 200 was to increase my bodyfat.  Somebody above mentioned Ernie Richards and I knew him personally and believe he's natural.

Me at 17 yrs old 1 year of training>>>>>>>>Me at 26 yrs old winning the Middleweights at the Southern States.

If you'd like to see what I looked like in competition and off season feel free to check out the videos I've uploaded to Youtube here:
os?user=Karialec
There are 2 pages of videos so click through.

All my guest posing appearances are how I looked in the offseason at about 10% bf and a weight in the 190's.  My bf in competition ranged from 8% at the Intracoastal to 6% at the USA and Southern States.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #313 on: October 06, 2006, 03:14:22 PM »
Though reluctant due to the hostile crowd here I figured I'd break my silence and chime in on this thread.  I'm a fairly accomplished natural BB that's won a ton of natural shows, made the cover of Natural Physique Magazine, worked at a supplement distribution warehouse, promoted Natural shows and was a judge for the ANBC.  I'm a small framed guy, 5'8", weighed 100 lbs as a sophomore in high school and decided to weight train to put on some weight.  I graduated HS at 128lbs in 1985 and by 1992 was competing at the top of the middleweight class all natural.  At my best contest peak I weighed in at 174 and was probably 177 on stage in the pic you see below at the 1992 Southern States.  The before picture was when I was a junior in HS and had a year of lifting under my belt.  I put on 60lbs of muscle in 8 years of training, all natural.  I was curious to see how big I could get and set a goal of trying to reach a bodyweight of 200lbs.  Working at a supplement warehouse I was able to try every supplement available on the market, I've never used steroids or anything you couldn't buy in a GNC or anything banned by any natural organization at the time(aka ephedra now banned for example).  I struggled and couldn't seem to get over 197 which was my max weight after using creatine for awhile.  Creatine pushed me out of the upper 180's and into the upper 190's.  Only by overeating did I actually hit 202 for a single day but felt like crap and very fat at 12% bf.  I was way more comfortable in the 190's and around 10% offseason and it was a weight I could easily maintain.  As a natural it was very easy for me to lose muscle when dieting for a show.  Luckily I stayed pretty lean in the offseason and never had to diet too long.  As far as GH 15's comments, honestly I haven't met any natural BB under 5'10 at 5-6% BF over 200 lbs.  I tried myself and could not do it, the only way I broke 200 was to increase my bodyfat.  Somebody above mentioned Ernie Richards and I knew him personally and believe he's natural.

Me at 17 yrs old 1 year of training>>>>>>>>Me at 26 yrs old winning the Middleweights at the Southern States.

If you'd like to see what I looked like in competition and off season feel free to check out the videos I've uploaded to Youtube here:
os?user=Karialec

All my guest posing appearances are how I looked in the offseason at about 10% bf and a weight in the 190's.  My bf in competition ranged from 8% at the Intracoastal to 6% at the USA and Southern States.

VERY IMPRESSIVE physique!

I want to commend you on a good physique and the ability to come out behind the shadows and shed the TRUTH on this matter as I have and a few others.

Natural bodybuilding,I believe, starts with truth. You have to know what is obtainable so you don`t overshoot your goal.  Most people do so by overeating.

I hope all the doubters are taking notes because you are seeing the truth right before your eyes.  I hope you continue to stick around and post and keep THE TRUTH alive!

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #314 on: October 06, 2006, 03:15:37 PM »

os?user=Karialec

Good physique but there is room for improvement. For instance if you trained triceps you would probably be 5-10 pounds heavier. ;)
just push some weight!

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #315 on: October 06, 2006, 03:18:19 PM »
Alexxx,

When are you going to grow up and realize?

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #316 on: October 06, 2006, 03:26:12 PM »
You look good Rammer, thanks for the post.

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #317 on: October 06, 2006, 03:26:54 PM »
Alexxx,

When are you going to grow up and realize?

I won't settle for second best. ;)
just push some weight!

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #318 on: October 06, 2006, 03:43:52 PM »
I won't settle for second best. ;)

how do you know...right now you're at 6th best, by the time you make it to second best you might be happy with it.

Rammer

• Getbig II
« Reply #319 on: October 06, 2006, 04:01:39 PM »
Good physique but there is room for improvement. For instance if you trained triceps you would probably be 5-10 pounds heavier. ;)

Every physique has room for improvement.  Alexxx, I wish I could have packed 2.5 lbs onto each tricep and my calves too, LOL.  What I lacked in tricep size I made up for in cross striations, can't say the same for my calves though  ;).

And to the others that complimented my physique, thanks for the kind words.  Kind words don't come easy round these parts.

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #320 on: October 06, 2006, 04:04:13 PM »
Every physique has room for improvement.  Alexxx, I wish I could have packed 2.5 lbs onto each tricep and my calves too, LOL.  What I lacked in tricep size I made up for in cross striations, can't say the same for my calves though  ;).

And to the others that complimented my physique, thanks for the kind words.  Kind words don't come easy round these parts.

So how can it be the natural limit if there is till room for improvement? You would probably pass 200 pounds at 5% if you just focused and gotten progressively stronger on exercises.

There are no limits. I am 220 at less then 10 % myself. :)
just push some weight!

Rammer

• Getbig II
« Reply #321 on: October 06, 2006, 04:12:26 PM »
There are limits or at least I felt I was at my natural limit, I had put over 60lbs of muscle on my ectomorphic frame and my natural tendency was to be skinny and I felt my body was fighting to get back to that state.  I was stuck at a certain bodyweight for close to a year, my strength went up a little but no major gains.  Then creatine came out and suddenly I gained 10 lbs and my strength went way up.  Then I hit another ceiling around 197 and just couldn't get over the 200 lb hump without raising my BF.  At that point it was extremely hard to maintain that size and strength.  Any missed meals or workouts cost me bodyweight.  It was too hard to maintain and since BB was a hobby to me, not worth the effort.  I was happy with the way I looked and felt at 195 and was happy to stay there.

El_Spiko

• Getbig III
  • The freaky-geeky
« Reply #322 on: October 06, 2006, 04:25:42 PM »
There are limits or at least I felt I was at my natural limit, I had put over 60lbs of muscle on my ectomorphic frame and my natural tendency was to be skinny and I felt my body was fighting to get back to that state.  I was stuck at a certain bodyweight for close to a year, my strength went up a little but no major gains.  Then creatine came out and suddenly I gained 10 lbs and my strength went way up.  Then I hit another ceiling around 197 and just couldn't get over the 200 lb hump without raising my BF.  At that point it was extremely hard to maintain that size and strength.  Any missed meals or workouts cost me bodyweight.  It was too hard to maintain and since BB was a hobby to me, not worth the effort.  I was happy with the way I looked and felt at 195 and was happy to stay there.
Do you think think you could have broken 200 lbs. if you had had more mesomorphic tendencies?
I min/max my physique

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #323 on: October 06, 2006, 05:06:12 PM »

os?user=Karialec

needs to be quoted one more time

::)

Rammer

• Getbig II
« Reply #324 on: October 06, 2006, 05:16:50 PM »
Do you think think you could have broken 200 lbs. if you had had more mesomorphic tendencies?
Probably but I could never have competed at 200 lbs.  I never even competed above 180lbs.