Author Topic: Amish ethics  (Read 6678 times)

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
Re: Amish ethics
« Reply #50 on: October 08, 2006, 09:28:32 PM »
You actually make better decisions when they're based on principle rather than emotion.  It is what smart people do. 

And that is why your government does everything in it's power to ensure the citizens are scared shitless.
It's the only way to get you to go along with their program. What does gov policy say about the American peeps?
ps - you know I couldn't resist that one don't cha?  :P
w

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #51 on: October 08, 2006, 09:33:55 PM »
And that is why your government does everything in it's power to ensure the citizens are scared shitless.
It's the only way to get you to go along with their program. What does gov policy say about the American peeps?
ps - you know I couldn't resist that one don't cha?  :P

I'm not sure what that has to do with Amish ethics and making decisions based on principle, but I know you like hijacking threads, particularly if it gives you a chance to release some of that America hatred.   :)

I don't think government speaks with a unified voice and our citizens aren't scared of anything they shouldn't be (for the most part).  I also have no idea what "program" you're talking about. 

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: October 08, 2006, 09:38:03 PM »
I'm not sure what that has to do with Amish ethics and making decisions based on principle, but I know you like hijacking threads, particularly if it gives you a chance to release some of that America hatred.   :)

It has everything to do with what you said. Decisions based on principle are far better than those based on emotion.
Alot of decisions in the USA have been fear based as of late.

I don't think government speaks with a unified voice and our citizens aren't scared of anything they shouldn't be (for the most part).  I also have no idea what "program" you're talking about. 

Then maybe you should get better informed.  8)
w

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: October 08, 2006, 11:55:25 PM »
It has everything to do with what you said. Decisions based on principle are far better than those based on emotion.
Alot of decisions in the USA have been fear based as of late.

Then maybe you should get better informed.  8)

Whatever.  I've been reading your posts enough to know that when you make an amorphous comment and are questioned about it, you give the "when it's time for you to understand it, you will," comment, or words to that effect.  Pretty meaningless IMO.  I know you don't like admitting mistakes, but you shouldn't be afraid to at least explain yourself.   

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: October 09, 2006, 01:06:41 AM »
Whatever.  I've been reading your posts enough to know that when you make an amorphous comment and are questioned about it, you give the "when it's time for you to understand it, you will," comment, or words to that effect.  Pretty meaningless IMO.  I know you don't like admitting mistakes, but you shouldn't be afraid to at least explain yourself.   

Did I not just explain my reasoning behind the comment?

ps - Thanks for the reminder. I'm sure when you're ready to understand things, ...you will.  ;D
w

venom gang.bronze

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #55 on: October 09, 2006, 01:29:35 AM »
what it is, is this: the bible is a bunch of made up bullshit all about ignorance and control. if nothing else- all it does is try to turn man away from what he truly is. that is, an ANIMAL that is made for indulgence. yes, what the made up childrens book(the bible) calls "sinning."
it puts down individuality and tells you that you are humble and that there is a greater force out there than you. screw that! be your own god! these people are f*cking weak minded idiots, pure and simple.
forgive the senseless murder of your kids? there is NO honor in being weak and cowardly. my goodness, does all this bible/religious fake b.s. fuck people up into being spineless ignorant slaves. truly sad. and people applaud their weakness. ...shame on them!

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: October 09, 2006, 02:00:19 AM »
what it is, is this: the bible is a bunch of made up bullshit all about ignorance and control. if nothing else- all it does is try to turn man away from what he truly is. that is, an ANIMAL that is made for indulgence. yes, what the made up childrens book(the bible) calls "sinning."
it puts down individuality and tells you that you are humble and that there is a greater force out there than you. screw that! be your own god! these people are f*cking weak minded idiots, pure and simple.
forgive the senseless murder of your kids? there is NO honor in being weak and cowardly. my goodness, does all this bible/religious fake b.s. f**k people up into being spineless ignorant slaves. truly sad. and people applaud their weakness. ...shame on them!

Forgiveness is neither spinelessness, nor is it weakness. It takes far more strength and courage to forgive, than it does to allow yourself to be engulfed & consumed with hatred. That's the easy way out. Forgiveness is a mechanism by which people are spared from being caught up in the type of anger & hatred that eventually leads to the type of sick shit committed by the gunman himself. Forgiveness is not about absolving the perpetrator, it is a tool by which victims are able to heal. However... I'm sure such a concept is lost on someone who would choose a moniker like venom in his screen name.
w

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: October 09, 2006, 08:49:36 AM »
Did I not just explain my reasoning behind the comment?

ps - Thanks for the reminder. I'm sure when you're ready to understand things, ...you will.  ;D

::)

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #58 on: October 09, 2006, 08:58:41 AM »
That's because you're a very primitive life form that has a very long way to go before reaching emotional evolution and enlightenment.  :-*

So true. I actually am one of those caveman in the Geico commercials. :D
The House that Ruth built

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #59 on: October 09, 2006, 08:59:41 AM »
You actually make better decisions when they're based on principle rather than emotion.  It is what smart people do. 

100% true. Thats why all my decisions are bad.
The House that Ruth built

venom gang.bronze

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #60 on: October 09, 2006, 01:39:36 PM »
Forgiveness is neither spinelessness, nor is it weakness. It takes far more strength and courage to forgive, than it does to allow yourself to be engulfed & consumed with hatred. That's the easy way out. Forgiveness is a mechanism by which people are spared from being caught up in the type of anger & hatred that eventually leads to the type of sick shit committed by the gunman himself. Forgiveness is not about absolving the perpetrator, it is a tool by which victims are able to heal. However... I'm sure such a concept is lost on someone who would choose a moniker like venom in his screen name.
when some freak kills/sodomizes/dismembers one of your own, are you going to kiss him on the cheek and then send him a christmas basket each year in the lockup? pathetic!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: October 09, 2006, 01:44:29 PM »
when some freak kills/sodomizes/dismembers one of your own, are you going to kiss him on the cheek and then send him a christmas basket each year in the lockup? pathetic!

I wouldn't.  I'd do everything humanly possible to avoid killing the person myself and let the system handle the perp. 

This is one of the few times I'll agree with Jag:  there is nothing weak or "pathetic" about forgiveness.  I think one of the true tests of character is not how you deal with your friends, but how you deal with your enemies and those who have harmed you, particularly those who haven't asked for forgiveness. 

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #62 on: October 09, 2006, 05:12:10 PM »

I couldn't agree with you more, if someone killed my loved ones I would want them to die a slow, horrible death.
E

venom gang.bronze

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #63 on: October 09, 2006, 05:58:42 PM »
I couldn't agree with you more, if someone killed my loved ones I would want them to die a slow, horrible death.
thank you. those peole that want to meet the killer/sodomizer of their kin, then visit them in prison are such weak worthless fucks it's disgusting.  yeah, turn the other cheek, so you can be slapped again, you morons!

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: October 09, 2006, 06:10:06 PM »

Venom,

Understand that the man who committed the murders of these little girls is DEAD! He will NEVER feel your anger or your 'venom', ...however, for you to give-in to those feelings, and to express their outward manifestations, they must first develop and be nurtured within you, and then move through the prism of your soul.

Feeding such negative energy within yourself, is the equivalent of drinking a glass of poison, in hopes that someone else will die. The hatred & animosity must first rise through YOU before it can be channelled out towards anyone else. And like ALL things in this ever expanding universe, that energy likewise expands, before it ultimately finds it's way back to it's source... the frequency from which it was first generated; ...namely YOU

Attrocious crimes and the immediate feelings they produce are simply the seeds of spiritual destruction looking to take root inside your soul. You're better off not to feed or water those weeds, because in the end, like any other weed, they will rise up and choke out and destroy the good plants in your soul's garden.

When you change the composition of the soil, you affect what plants or weeds may thrive within that soil.

And you should NEVER allow scumbags to gain that much power over you, your life, and the direction of your soul.

You really should try it sometime. All my life I have forgiven those who have wronged me, ...and I can tell you, it truly is very liberating, ...and ironically can often cause more pain, guilt, remorse & conflict for the perpetrator than had you lashed out at them to begin with. The primary beneficiary of forgiveness, is not the perpetrator, but the one doing the forgiving.

Back in 1987 my friend Patrick had both his parents murdered behind their own bar for the lousy $50 that was in the cash register. Patrick showed not only remarkable courage and strength, but also WISDOM in not succumbing to the hate. Hate wasn't going to bring his parents back, but praying for the souls of the men who murdered his parents went an awful long way in his family's healing process.

What amish elders are encouraging, truly is the route to healing, both for themselves as well as for the Roberts family, who, don't forget, are also horrible victims of this tragedy as well. The elders have encouraged Mrs. Roberts to NOT move away from the area, but to remain there, so that they can be a source of support for her and her kids, as the entire community goes through the healing process together. The wisdom and enlightenment they display are testaments to man's higher nature prevailing, and I wish them ALL Godspeed in their healing.
w

venom gang.bronze

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #65 on: October 09, 2006, 07:04:53 PM »
Venom,

Understand that the man who committed the murders of these little girls is DEAD! He will NEVER feel your anger or your 'venom', ...however, for you to give-in to those feelings, and to express their outward manifestations, they must first develop and be nurtured within you, and then move through the prism of your soul.

Feeding such negative energy within yourself, is the equivalent of drinking a glass of poison, in hopes that someone else will die. The hatred & animosity must first rise through YOU before it can be channelled out towards anyone else. And like ALL things in this ever expanding universe, that energy likewise expands, before it ultimately finds it's way back to it's source... the frequency from which it was first generated; ...namely YOU

Attrocious crimes and the immediate feelings they produce are simply the seeds of spiritual destruction looking to take root inside your soul. You're better off not to feed or water those weeds, because in the end, like any other weed, they will rise up and choke out and destroy the good plants in your soul's garden.

When you change the composition of the soil, you affect what plants or weeds may thrive within that soil.

And you should NEVER allow scumbags to gain that much power over you, your life, and the direction of your soul.

You really should try it sometime. All my life I have forgiven those who have wronged me, ...and I can tell you, it truly is very liberating, ...and ironically can often cause more pain, guilt, remorse & conflict for the perpetrator than had you lashed out at them to begin with. The primary beneficiary of forgiveness, is not the perpetrator, but the one doing the forgiving.

Back in 1987 my friend Patrick had both his parents murdered behind their own bar for the lousy $50 that was in the cash register. Patrick showed not only remarkable courage and strength, but also WISDOM in not succumbing to the hate. Hate wasn't going to bring his parents back, but praying for the souls of the men who murdered his parents went an awful long way in his family's healing process.

What amish elders are encouraging, truly is the route to healing, both for themselves as well as for the Roberts family, who, don't forget, are also horrible victims of this tragedy as well. The elders have encouraged Mrs. Roberts to NOT move away from the area, but to remain there, so that they can be a source of support for her and her kids, as the entire community goes through the healing process together. The wisdom and enlightenment they display are testaments to man's higher nature prevailing, and I wish them ALL Godspeed in their healing.

who do you think you're talking to? i used to run self help groups and "spiritual" retreats(by that i don't necessarily mean religious) for years. i'm aware of all the things you're talking about. just read ghandi, thinkh, (the vetnamese guy) or whoever. my point, is that it doesn't take strength, it's simply a way to delude the truly cowardly and spineless, into deceiving themselves that they are the "bigger person." what a bunch of horse shit!
i say, "hang 'em, and hang 'em high!" (my apologies to clint eastwood).

venom gang.bronze

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #66 on: October 09, 2006, 07:10:19 PM »
this is an open question to anyone involved in this thread: has anyone ever had their life almost taken, or lost a loved one due to violence? and if so- what did you do? you don't have to answer if it would incriminate yourself.

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: October 09, 2006, 08:34:12 PM »
who do you think you're talking to? i used to run self help groups and "spiritual" retreats(by that i don't necessarily mean religious) for years. i'm aware of all the things you're talking about. just read ghandi, thinkh, (the vetnamese guy) or whoever.

:o  Ghandi was Vietnamese?  :-\ Wow, ...that's sure news to me.  ;)  :P

my point, is that it doesn't take strength, it's simply a way to delude the truly cowardly and spineless, into deceiving themselves that they are the "bigger person." what a bunch of horse shit!
i say, "hang 'em, and hang 'em high!" (my apologies to clint eastwood).

It's not about bragging rights to who is the "bigger person", ...it's about healing.
w

venom gang.bronze

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #68 on: October 09, 2006, 08:37:23 PM »
:o  Ghandi was Vietnamese?  :-\ Wow, ...that's sure news to me.  ;)  :P

It's not about bragging rights to who is the "bigger person", ...it's about healing.

that's all you got out of it? to criticize? i DID NOT say ghandi was vietnamese, i could not accurately spell the vietnamese man's name and i spelled something like "thinkh," but i wasn't sure. i was wrong about his spelling, and that's all you gathered. sad.

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: October 09, 2006, 08:44:16 PM »
this is an open question to anyone involved in this thread: has anyone ever had their life almost taken, or lost a loved one due to violence? and if so- what did you do? you don't have to answer if it would incriminate yourself.

Understand the perpetrator of these crimes is DEAD! Do you not see the futility in lashing out against a dead man?

What would you do, lob a grenade into his house? Oh ya, that'll learn him. He's already dead!
There comes a time when one has to choose to either pick up the pieces and move on, or choose to allow themselves to remain enslaved by the perpetrator. Wallow in hate, venom and the desire for vengeance, and the perp achieves the victory of enslaving you from beyond the grave. That's major pwnage!
w

venom gang.bronze

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #70 on: October 09, 2006, 08:57:28 PM »
Understand the perpetrator of these crimes is DEAD! Do you not see the futility in lashing out against a dead man?

What would you do, lob a grenade into his house? Oh ya, that'll learn him. He's already dead!
There comes a time when one has to choose to either pick up the pieces and move on, or choose to allow themselves to remain enslaved by the perpetrator. Wallow in hate, venom and the desire for vengeance, and the perp achieves the victory of enslaving you from beyond the grave. That's major pwnage!
no. find where his family lives... you do the math.

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: October 09, 2006, 09:25:19 PM »
no. find where his family lives... you do the math.

And victimizing innocent family members of the dead perpetrator does what to the already dead perp?
...and the deliberate victimization of innocents makes you somehow different from the perp how? ???

Focussing on, and feeding energy towards fear, hate, venom, and the desire for vengeance, creates a paradigmn within the human organism... a forcefield if you will, that resonates on a frequency that does not permit man's higher nature or common sense, the environment to either prevail, or function properly. It jams the signals and turns off the brain cells, diminishes the activity of the frontal lobe, and causes man to digress to a primitive state. The constant maintainance of that frequency enslaves man, confuses his thinking, and critical reasoning faculties, as well as dampens the organic internal receptors inherent within man, and prevents him from reaching a higher consciousness. That's why fear, & hatred, are the first instruments used by those who would seek to enslave you to your lower nature. Their power is derived from this frequency, and they need more and more of the energy generated at this frequency level permeating this planet in order to maintain their power and control over it.

That's why you live the best life you can so that when the time comes, and you do meet your maker, you can do so calmy, at peace without fear, and with neither regrets, nor remorse weighing down your spirit. If your life force energy resonates on the right frequency, it will have no problem making it's way back to the collective. But an energy not resonating on a high enough frequency will not penetrate the confines of this planet, but will remain to resonate throughout the planet affecting all living organisms capable of tuning into this frequency. Do you not think there is a correlation between violent tsunamis, earthquakes, floods etc with the death & destruction taking place on the planet? The Earth is a living organism, and is both subject and sensitive to the frequencies generated on her surface. The blood of innocents really DOES cry out to the heavens.
w

venom gang.bronze

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #72 on: October 09, 2006, 09:39:47 PM »
And victimizing innocent family members of the dead perpetrator does what to the already dead perp?
...and the deliberate victimization of innocents makes you somehow different from the perp how? ???

Focussing on, and feeding energy towards fear, hate, venom, and the desire for vengeance, creates a paradigmn within the human organism... a forcefield if you will, that resonates on a frequency that does not permit man's higher nature or common sense, the environment to function properly. It jams the signals and turns off the brain cells, diminishes the activity of the frontal lobe, and causes man to digress to a primitive state. The constant maintainance of that frequency enslaves man, confuses his thinking, and critical reasoning faculties, as well as dampens the organic internal receptors inherent within man, and prevents him from reaching a higher consciousness. That's why fear, & hatred, are the first instruments used by those who would seek to enslave you to your lower nature. Their power is derived from this frequency, and they need more and more of the energy generated at this frequency level permeating this planet in order to maintain their power and control over it.
man IS lower nature. for centuries, the storytellers who wrote the bible have been trying to tell people otherwise. but it just ain't so.

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: October 09, 2006, 10:26:32 PM »
man IS lower nature. for centuries, the storytellers who wrote the bible have been trying to tell people otherwise. but it just ain't so.

Funny, I got the opposite impression.  :-\
w