Author Topic: New Member- Craig Richardson's Training Partner  (Read 12995 times)

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Re: New Member- Craig Richardson's Training Partner
« Reply #75 on: November 03, 2008, 07:30:13 PM »
welcome Harley.

typical Getbig.  80 % replies from bodybuilders and fans, happy to have someone in-the- know on board; and 20% negativity from people who hate bodybuilding that i can't figure out why they spend all day on here.

your honesty is appreciated and respected. it's funny how people think that if they did a cycle and never got good results they think the pros do assinine amounts of drugs. i agree what you say about food intake. i force fed myself day and night for 15 years trying to gain size. that is way more important than drug intake. my opinion is the drugs only make your protein synthesis better and recovery faster. if you can't force down 400 grams of protein per day, all the drugs in the world won't help.

thanx for the candid and forthright responses to everyone, you may want to completely ignore the negative people as they won't believe you anyway.

thanx, rik

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #76 on: November 03, 2008, 07:33:41 PM »
Harley - keep on posting here - you'll win some good endorsement deals in no time - getbig is read by everyone in the industry@!

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #77 on: November 03, 2008, 07:37:19 PM »
hello harley
welcome
im a big craig fan
Gene
w

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #78 on: November 03, 2008, 07:42:19 PM »
Harley - keep on posting here - you'll win some good endorsement deals in no time - getbig is read by everyone in the industry@!

That was never my intention but if Craig derives a benefit from all this then that would be great.  It is so surprising to see all the nice "welcomes" I have received.  I don't claim to own the market place on bodybuilding insight, I just figured I didn't see too much of it and thought someone might like it.  I will stay on this thread for awhile until I learn some more.  I hope that anyone who is interested or has questions will continue to look here.  I love to hear stories from people who have trained with really good training partners.  Prior to training with Craig, I trained with other guys who were very good bodybuilders from New Jersey (Tom Shoebridge, Darryl Perry, Rob Lopez, Rick Jones and even Vinnie Galanti).  It's been a nice experience for the most part.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #79 on: November 03, 2008, 07:56:06 PM »
That was never my intention but if Craig derives a benefit from all this then that would be great.  It is so surprising to see all the nice "welcomes" I have received.  I don't claim to own the market place on bodybuilding insight, I just figured I didn't see too much of it and thought someone might like it.  I will stay on this thread for awhile until I learn some more.  I hope that anyone who is interested or has questions will continue to look here.  I love to hear stories from people who have trained with really good training partners.  Prior to training with Craig, I trained with other guys who were very good bodybuilders from New Jersey (Tom Shoebridge, Darryl Perry, Rob Lopez, Rick Jones and even Vinnie Galanti).  It's been a nice experience for the most part.
It would be really interesting to hear about the similarities and differences between all those Pro's thoughts on diet training and hormones.

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #80 on: November 03, 2008, 08:05:52 PM »
It would be really interesting to hear about the similarities and differences between all those Pro's thoughts on diet training and hormones.

The only Professional on that list is Vinnie Galanti.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #81 on: November 03, 2008, 08:07:57 PM »
The only Professional on that list is Vinnie Galanti.
hahah, well, you know what I mean. Amautuer, professional, ... all the same it would be interesting to hear about.

I know Vinnie is a super nice guy, when i first got into body building a few years back i used to talk to him on intanst messager an he would give free advice.

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #82 on: November 03, 2008, 08:09:28 PM »
hahah, well, you know what I mean. Amautuer, professional, ... all the same it would be interesting to hear about.

I know Vinnie is a super nice guy, when i first got into body building a few years back i used to talk to him on intanst messager an he would give free advice.

I am glad to hear your experience with him was worthwhile.

benz

• Getbig V
  • ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶ boo! ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶
« Reply #83 on: November 03, 2008, 08:10:36 PM »
Can you share his cycle. Sorry but im the only honest person here :(

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #84 on: November 03, 2008, 08:12:08 PM »
welcome Harley.

typical Getbig.  80 % replies from bodybuilders and fans, happy to have someone in-the- know on board; and 20% negativity from people who hate bodybuilding that i can't figure out why they spend all day on here.

your honesty is appreciated and respected. it's funny how people think that if they did a cycle and never got good results they think the pros do assinine amounts of drugs. i agree what you say about food intake. i force fed myself day and night for 15 years trying to gain size. that is way more important than drug intake. my opinion is the drugs only make your protein synthesis better and recovery faster. if you can't force down 400 grams of protein per day, all the drugs in the world won't help.

thanx for the candid and forthright responses to everyone, you may want to completely ignore the negative people as they won't believe you anyway.

thanx, rik

And I used to believe that getting ripped was all about supplements and cardio.  I learned the errors of my way once I met Craig.

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #85 on: November 03, 2008, 08:15:09 PM »
Can you share his cycle. Sorry but im the only honest person here :(

I don't believe it would be proper for me to discuss anything Vinnie may or may not have done.  I no longer have the type of relationship with Vinnie that would warrant my release of any privileged information.  That much respect I will always show for him. 

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #86 on: November 03, 2008, 09:52:17 PM »
Hazbin, good to see that you recognized that 80/20 "standard" on this here GetBig site. I was beginning to think that I was the only one. My bro (the shrink) still claims that this site would be of great interest for official psychiatric studies but he personally feels that there is just a lot of plain old jelousy involved on the part of many of us GetBiggers. I deny that on my part adamently but he says that "jelousy denial" is a sure sign of jelousy. But he says it in much more unfamiliar medical terms.

Harley, thanks for your charity work info. That's most commendable and I thank you both on behalf of those kids who can't say "Thanks" themselves.

I did some work with the Special Olympics kids and really enjoyed it and I hope that this new venture we are in the process of setting up works just as well on behalf of those who are less fortunate than most of us on this site.

Only Me has done a heck of a lot of good stuff for the Special Olympics as well as other noteworthy organizations and he's always more than proud to talk about it. He's been great at doing that sort of thing.

Thanks again, Harley.

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #87 on: November 03, 2008, 10:55:34 PM »
Dear Stuntmovie,
     There are many people like yourself and others I am sure on Get Big who realize just how blessed they are and that in giving their time and energy to those less fortunate, they themselves are getting so much more in return.  Keep up the great work.
Harley

gh2

• Getbig II
« Reply #88 on: November 04, 2008, 12:42:50 AM »
Off-Season- Meal One- 13 Egg Whites, 4 Yolks and 2 cups of Grits or Oatmeal.
                Meal Two- 16 ounces of Steak or Ground Beef and 2 Cups of Rice.
                Meal Three- A Protein Shake with Weight Gainer.
                Meal Four- Same as Meal Two but with Chicken or Talapia instead of beef.
                Meal Five- Same as Meal Three.
                Meal Six- Same as Meal Two.
                Meal Seven- Same as Meals Three and Five.

Harley, thanks for a lot of good info!

We have often been told by people with a lot of experience that you should allways eat your meals, not drink them. It is interesting to see that Craig actually drinks three meals every day (protein shake + weight gainer). I have allways been told that the quality of the muscles will be poorer if one resorts to weight gainers and such instead of a solid meal. What are your thoughts on this?

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #89 on: November 04, 2008, 04:51:00 AM »
Harley, thanks for a lot of good info!

We have often been told by people with a lot of experience that you should allways eat your meals, not drink them. It is interesting to see that Craig actually drinks three meals every day (protein shake + weight gainer). I have allways been told that the quality of the muscles will be poorer if one resorts to weight gainers and such instead of a solid meal. What are your thoughts on this?

I think Craig would agree that it would be better to eat all your meals but as a practical measure, he just can't do it.  Craig, while being a big eater compared to normal people, really can't eat as much as these other guys.  If that is the situation then it is better to consume the calories and protein than to just leave them out.  Also, drinking the meals does keep the metabolism working faster.  Craig also finds it a bit easier to digest and get around when he drinks a few meals as opposed to actually eating every single meal.  All that food really can slow you down.  I remember one time being around Nasser and just amazed at how much food he was eating and just how often he did that.  Granted, he wasn't the Energizer Bunny in terms of movement and energy, but he was also over 300 pounds at the time.  I might also add that when Craig and I are in a groove, we often go out to eat after the workout and he will have 2 steaks with one serving of rice and a salad with only lettuce and cuccumber and vinegar. 

Robert_Lopez

• Competitors
  • Getbig II
« Reply #90 on: November 04, 2008, 06:46:05 AM »
Harley what's up my man!!! Guy's let me tell you, Harley is THE man!!!! I have never seen a more committed individual to a training partner & friend than Harley to Craig. Also I'm honored to call him a friend. Harley & me have known each other a long time , even before the "bodybuilding" fame came along to all the guys he's mentioned, right bro? Don't worry I won't tell about me & you battling for that girl in Daytona beach spring break & I got her,lol. Seriously a very good and HONEST, straight forward guy!!! Great addition to this board!!!

Pez

benz

• Getbig V
  • ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶ boo! ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶
« Reply #91 on: November 04, 2008, 06:56:40 AM »
I don't believe it would be proper for me to discuss anything Vinnie may or may not have done.  I no longer have the type of relationship with Vinnie that would warrant my release of any privileged information.  That much respect I will always show for him. 

fair enough brother

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #92 on: November 04, 2008, 07:21:46 AM »
Harley what's up my man!!! Guy's let me tell you, Harley is THE man!!!! I have never seen a more committed individual to a training partner & friend than Harley to Craig. Also I'm honored to call him a friend. Harley & me have known each other a long time , even before the "bodybuilding" fame came along to all the guys he's mentioned, right bro? Don't worry I won't tell about me & you battling for that girl in Daytona beach spring break & I got her,lol. Seriously a very good and HONEST, straight forward guy!!! Great addition to this board!!!

Pez

Well, well, well, if it isn't by far still the most genetically gifted bodybuilder in all of New Jersey.  I appreciate the compliments and have always taken great pride in being the best training partner I could be.  Seeing as I could never compete, I always tried to make my training partners better than they had ever been.  Rob and I trained together at the fabled Westside Muscle back in the late 80's and Lopez was The Man. 
     As far as Daytona Beach, let me correct my misguided friend.  I entered a hot body contest as a surprise to all the guys we were with.  I had never done anything like that before and my guys were shocked.  Thereafter, Rob knew he couldn't return to the gym having let this little guy take all the glory so he entered a few days later when the competition waned.  Rob, you know I have all this on video and pics to prove it so be careful if you audit me.  I may just learn how to post a picture soon enough. 
    As far as the girl, she hailed from Montclair and had you not blocked me (all caught on video) I may have had a shot with her.  We met after one of our other guys brought her and her friend, Sylvia to our room because they wanted to see the video of the contest. 
     Rob happens to be a very successful DJ in some of NJ's hottest clubs and one day I am sure he will call me to come visit him when the talent is just right.
Harley

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #93 on: November 04, 2008, 10:25:24 AM »
Genetically gifted!! Interesting subject! I've been in and out of the gym, training, supplement business for a good long time and have met about three or four individuals who were exceptionally "Genetically Gifted".

One was a young kid who wanted to be a better football player, so we put him on a program to gain weight and about 6 weeks later he entered the state bodybuilding championships and won it hands down. Got out of the Corps and moved back to Alabama and made a name for himself there and was pro-bound but got married and got lazy and turned his life around. Now he's a big fat guy. (It was Bill Grant that originally got him motivated.)

Another was a fitness model who played all the sports in high school and decided to gain a bit of weight so he started lifting for the first time in his life and blew up almost over-night. He was the kind of kid who could look at a barbell and get a pump and excelled in any sport he ever played.

He became a major LA neighborhood hero who drove all around town attempting to settle gang related arguments when asked to do so. Four gang members on the east side of town once took him on with knives and a baseball bat but within a matter of minutes there were three moaning guys on the pavement and another running down the highway. The crowd at McDonald's who came out to see what was going on gathered around and gave him a big hand of thanks and praise. The cops came but he refused to press charges. Give him a couple of dumbells and ten minutes and he'd be contest ready. One hell of an exceptionally gifted individual.

Exceptionally gifted people are exceptionally rare and most of them whom I've met let it slide by the wayside and end up looking like couch potatoes during their later years in life. But there are exceptions.

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #94 on: November 04, 2008, 01:06:23 PM »
Well, Rob Lopez is such an exception and is truly genetically gifted.  I have known Rob for over 20 years and when he isn't eating well, training hard or doing an ounce of cardio, he still has great shape, very big size and no fat.  I mean it.  The guy never has a gut or love handles.  In 20 years, I have never once seen him looking out of shape.  He ALWAYS looks like a bodybuilder and I have hated him for that.  LOL

Robert_Lopez

• Competitors
  • Getbig II
« Reply #95 on: November 04, 2008, 04:36:58 PM »
Damn Harley you have a great memory!! How the hell did you remember Sylvia,lol,  Westside Muscle, ahhh those were the days! That really was one of the best gyms I have ever trained at and the personalities that were there were truly priceless!! You'll be getting a call from me soon I have some things in the works at a club where you will defintaly appreciate the talent!!

the_swami

• Getbig IV
« Reply #96 on: November 04, 2008, 05:01:02 PM »
harley
great to have you here
hopefully you wont be put off by alot of the negativity and haters here

you and craig are both inspirational to watch on the BFTO series
you both do great work for the community
BB needs more ppl like yourself

kudos

btw, yes,Nasser was /is a machine when it came to eating and dieting!

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #97 on: November 04, 2008, 05:57:53 PM »
Damn Harley you have a great memory!! How the hell did you remember Sylvia,lol,  Westside Muscle, ahhh those were the days! That really was one of the best gyms I have ever trained at and the personalities that were there were truly priceless!! You'll be getting a call from me soon I have some things in the works at a club where you will defintaly appreciate the talent!!

maybe he remembers her name cuz that's the closest he's ever come to having sex with a woman, "Robert"?
Deep Tissue Massage

bebop396

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #98 on: November 04, 2008, 06:35:06 PM »
Hey Guys,
     Sorry to disappoint you but I never bothered to go through civil lawyers in order to set up a Nonprofit 501.  What happened was that many years ago, my friend Jeff Kovatch introduced me to a group of WWll and Korean War Veterans who were part of an organization called the Alhambra.  They did some work with challenged kids and Jeff and I joined in (they felt terrible when years later they found out I was Jewish and therefore not eligible for official membership). 
     As time went on, Jeff and I slowly took over as the guys were literally in their 80's and 90's and couldn't continue.  We began to throw parties every 2 months with a live DJ, catering in pizza, 2 custom balloon people (they make things you can't imagine such as a monkey hanging from a palm tree eating a bannana), toys, and sometimes a magician.  Each and every June, we take the kids up for a whole day to a campsite and dance, feed them, have a parade, play games (plastic basketball hoops and bowling pins) and make announcements to acknowledge their placings in the recent Special Olympic games.  Well, Jeff moved to Vegas and I couldn't let the charity go under so I just ran it myself.  I call it a charity although I don't solicit any money.  I just pay for it myself.  I don't advertise this so therefore there isn't a website. 
     You may have seen pictures of Craig with the kids at the parties in some of the magazines.  He always comes to the events and takes tons of photos and hands out free autographed pictures.  The kids think he is a superhero.  I think he is a nice guy for doing it.
Harley

Thanks for sharing that Harley...It is important to share these kinds of stories to show people that good things are going on in our community.....

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #99 on: November 04, 2008, 08:22:24 PM »
harley
great to have you here
hopefully you wont be put off by alot of the negativity and haters here

you and craig are both inspirational to watch on the BFTO series
you both do great work for the community
BB needs more ppl like yourself

kudos

btw, yes,Nasser was /is a machine when it came to eating and dieting!

Dear Swami,
     Thanks for the compliments.  Bodybuilding has many people who do nice things for others.  The problem is that some of the magazines are very often reluctant to focus more attention on those matters.
     Those BFTO videos are pretty kool.  If you can't get pumped to train that day, just go home and have a latte.  Let me tell you how great a guy Craig is.  He tells Mitsuru that he won't take part in any taping unless Mitsuru agrees to include me in some footage.  Craig meant it and told Mits not to even schedule the shoot if that couldn't be done.  You hardly read an interview in which Craig doesn't thank me and his family.  Not many guys give up a second of the spotlight when they finally get it.
Harley