Author Topic: Challenge for Getbiggers Living in Cali (Chick takes a savage beating)  (Read 16753 times)

Luinitari

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
Re: Challenge for Getbiggers Living in Cali (Chick takes a savage beating)
« Reply #150 on: August 06, 2009, 08:15:30 PM »
Whats the argument?

You are a moron to believe that I need to refute anything YOU have to say....apparently, you need to be reminded that you are anonymous, don't know me, and wouldn't have the slighest clue as to what I have/ haven't done. You have been countered with all that you list, the problem (for you) is that it wasn't the answer YOU were looking for....therefore, you believe I avoid the questions.

You're laughable at best

As for what I do for a living...you can only wish to get paid for what I do...remember that nxt time your punching your timecard.

When the day comes YOU'RE signing my checks....I'll be sure to answer to you. Until then...STFU, boy

Boy, this really just sums it all up.. doesn't it?  ::)

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #151 on: August 06, 2009, 08:16:19 PM »
Vince, what is it exactly that you want Bob to do? Be specific.

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V
« Reply #152 on: August 06, 2009, 09:56:29 PM »
The ugly truth is that Bob is part of the Manion organization and things are going along smoothly. If someone else were doing that job then maybe things wouldn't be as smooth. That is the problem. The Pro League needs someone they get along with.

What amazes me is we are talking about a very small operation with less than 50 individuals involved. The men, that is. Why on earth they need any representatives is mysterious. Surely the Pro League should know how to run contests and keep everyone happy? Well, things change when big prize money is involved. Those behind the scenes have a lot invested and they don't need any trouble from the bodybuilders.

Things have evolved in a way that few would have predicted years ago. How is it possible for a current governor of California to have a contest and show in his name and not be drug tested? That is completey bizarre and indicates that selective treatment is being given to professional bodybuilding.

While it is true that just about every open winner since 1970 took anabolic steroids the current drug culture far exceeds what anyone in those former days would have experimented with. It is now plain disgraceful and even lunacy to participate in professional bodybuilding. Doubly so for the female bodybuilders who acquire irreversible side effects of steroid use.

Bob is part of the coverup and therefore has to accept that he is partly responsible for what is happening in professional bodybuilding. That he isn't making demands to do drug testing on behalf of the bodybuilders is a great shame. Lee Priest has persistently requested that Bob do something but so far nothing has changed. It is business as usual there.

You levy the allegation of a cover up.  Please elaborate with regard to this accusation, Vince.  Precisely what is Chick implicit in covering up?  I notice that you chose to cloak your own drug use under the guise of "experimentation".  That is an interesting characterization,  with the perceived aim to mitigate your own conduct in this area.  Though the pharmacological area of the contest prep has been augmented over the years, the fundamental tendencies on the part of the bodybuilders today are not unlike that of you and your counterparts years ago.  You made the choice to use drugs to compete, simply put.  The comparative dosages are irrelevant.  You made the very same choice that many make today. 

You mention Lee Priest, as a solitary example of a request you perceive Bob as not having followed up on.  Is it really logical that the IFBB would revamp their operations in terms of testing, just to suite Lee?  Because major change didn't happen, you conclude that Bob did nothing, but do you know this for certain?  What would you have had Bob do in this instance?  The ultimate decision on testing is not his to make. 

Vince, you speak as though implementing such changes would be as simple as waving a magic wand.  First of all, there would need to be enough people behind such changes to initiate such modifications.  Is there?  If so, it doesn't seem as though they are making their voices heard.  Secondly, complaining and offering vague hypotheticals offers little in the way of constructive input.  It is easy to complain and suggest the way things should be, but how does one get there?

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #153 on: August 06, 2009, 09:58:15 PM »
You levy the allegation of a cover up.  Please elaborate with regard to this accusation, Vince.  Precisely what is Chick implicit in covering up?  I notice that you chose to cloak your own drug use under the guise of "experimentation".  That is an interesting characterization,  with the perceived aim to mitigate your own conduct in this area.  Though the pharmacological area of the contest prep has been augmented over the years, the fundamental tendencies on the part of the bodybuilders today are not unlike that of you and your counterparts years ago.  You made the choice to use drugs to compete, simply put.  The comparative dosages are irrelevant.  You made the very same choice that many make today. 

You mention Lee Priest, as a solitary example of a request you perceive Bob as not having followed up on.  Is it really logical that the IFBB would revamp their operations in terms of testing, just to suite Lee?  Because major change didn't happen, you conclude that Bob did nothing, but do you know this for certain?  What would you have had Bob do in this instance?  The ultimate decision on testing is not his to make. 

Vince, you speak as though implementing such changes would be as simple as waving a magic wand.  First of all, there would need to be enough people behind such changes to initiate such modifications.  Is there?  If so, it doesn't seem as though they are making their voices heard.  Secondly, complaining and offering vague hypotheticals offers little in the way of constructive input.  It is easy to complain and suggest the way things should be, but how does one get there?
This post reeks of Adonis.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V
« Reply #154 on: August 06, 2009, 10:00:13 PM »
This post reeks of Adonis.

I'm not clear how that is intended, but I'm leaning towards being insulted for some reason.   ;)

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #155 on: August 06, 2009, 10:02:34 PM »
I'm not clear how that is intended, but I'm leaning towards being insulted for some reason.   ;)
;D
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Luinitari

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #156 on: August 06, 2009, 10:05:53 PM »

He means you have been overly pedantic in your reply.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #157 on: August 06, 2009, 10:26:07 PM »

Bob is covering up the scale of drugs needed to compete in professional bodybuilding. I dare say that applies to the women as well. He is covering up his own usage because any disclosure taints his image. He needs to be seen as a good guy to compere shows, be on the radio, etc.

I did not experiment in 1970. I merely took some Dianabol. Many today do not believe what I took was sufficient to get any marked result from. There is no comparison to what the professionals are doing today. The scale is different, the stacking was unheard of, and the length of time on gear would have been considered foolhardy and downright insane in 1970.

If there are rules prohibiting banned substances then those rules should be followed and bodybuilding cleaned up. Nowadays we have no idea what is responsible for the huge muscles we see on many guys. When some go off the gear they resemble guys who might be into fitness and not bodybuilding. Levrone and Dillett are examples. The cost is great to use those substances and they are now considered illegal. If I were competing today I would do so only in natural contests like one of our gym members did and he won a natural Mr World and we are all proud of Ryan Laos.

Bob cannot be defended. He is part of the problem just as much as Manion and others are who control the sport. Bob has more power than he is letting on. His vote counts for something.

Lee Priest has been asking Bob on these forums for several years now about drug testing. Those requests fell on deaf ears. The IFBB won't test because they fear another organization getting all the top guys. They struggled too hard and too long to be the dominant organization in bodybuilding and won't relinquish any hold on power whatsoever. That much is certain from the legacy of Napoleon admirer and former life president Ben Weider.

They let the women have breast inserts and look at the debacle called women's bodybuilding. Almost no one admires what the women do because of the side effects of the drugs most use.

Where does our appointed and anointed pro athletes rep stand on the drug issue? He stated that no one cares so why should we! What an irresponsible thing to say. That is the calibre of foot soldier the Pro League recruits. Bob has made a living being the noble he-man but it has all gone to his head. Why would a decent bloke have to put shit on those who speak out against him? Answer: he has to keep up the bullshit because that is the way the IFBB operates. Keep the power at all costs and blame others for everything wrong in the sport.

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #158 on: August 07, 2009, 03:34:47 AM »
So you think it's up to Bob to rid the sport of bodybuilding of drugs? Sorry old man with great gym, but Bob isn't as powerful and influential as you seem to think he is. And drugs are here to stay. In bodybuilding and every other sport where size, strength and functional ability is a factor. And guess what, nobody really cares. You ever look at the comment section every time there's a steroid bust? Most think it's a waste of time. The only one who cares is LE. And they care a lot. The government always wants to increase it's power and control over the populace and decide what they think is right and good for you.

And why are you so concerned about what performance enhancing compounds he has used in his career? I'll can help you with that. Just write down all the PED you can think of and just assume he's used them. So what? It's illegal and it's against the rules and they all do it. No drugs, no bodybuilding. No drugs, no record breaking performances at the Olympics. It's just the way it is my Aussie friend. It's not going to change and nobody really cares. I know you don't like it but as my mom use to tell me when I said I didn't like something: "Too Bad! This world wasn't created just to please you."

Perhaps you should put more energy into getting in shape. The government here wants to put an additional tax on junk food because obesity is one the leading cause of heart disease. The leading killer in this country. If people were forced to eat better and exercise health care cost would plummet. But the question isn't always what's good for you but rather who should decide. If someone wants to eat themselves into grostesque obesity, body pierce themselves into oblivilion, tat themselves like a cartoon character, smoke until their lungs rot or use anabolics to become grostesquely muscular -- it's none of mine, or anybody elses, business.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #159 on: August 07, 2009, 05:47:16 AM »
The ugly truth is that Bob is part of the Manion organization and things are going along smoothly. If someone else were doing that job then maybe things wouldn't be as smooth. That is the problem. The Pro League needs someone they get along with.

The pro league needed someone to work hand in hand in order to achieve some much needed change for the athletes...someone else WAS doing the job and not getting along(Shawn), which is why NOTHING was getting done and no progress was being made. That's why he vacated the position and suggested myself as his successor.

What amazes me is we are talking about a very small operation with less than 50 individuals involved. The men, that is. Why on earth they need any representatives is mysterious.

Not too bright, are you?  Every pro org has a rep especially since big dollars are at stake. With a small group of athletes, representation is even MORE critical as they weren't getting any voice in the decisions being made, money being raised, etc...I guess in your world, being at the mercy of the federation is ideal...

Surely the Pro League should know how to run contests and keep everyone happy? Well, things change when big prize money is involved. Those behind the scenes have a lot invested and they don't need any trouble from the bodybuilders.

Which is why traditionally, they had no athlete rep...all was well for the federation. Why would they just all f a sudden start giving out more money to the athletes, when there was no opposition? They wouldn't, and they didn't.

Things have evolved in a way that few would have predicted years ago. How is it possible for a current governor of California to have a contest and show in his name and not be drug tested? That is completey bizarre and indicates that selective treatment is being given to professional bodybuilding.

So, the most influential person on this earth doesn't take any action on drug testing....but I should?  Again, Basile...none of the athletes want to be tested (obviously)

While it is true that just about every open winner since 1970 took anabolic steroids the current drug culture far exceeds what anyone in those former days would have experimented with. It is now plain disgraceful and even lunacy to participate in professional bodybuilding. Doubly so for the female bodybuilders who acquire irreversible side effects of steroid use.

LOng before 1970, Basile...the rest of your drivel is irrelevant...todays regimine only exceeds the golden era because new stuff has been invented. Had they had it then, they would have taken it then.  BTW...I do find it amusing that you believe that just because they had less to work with back then...that they didn't pound the shit out of anything they could get their hands on...LOL. With no perscriptions needed, no one giving a shit, cheap prices, almost no counterfit products out there, and everyone chasing Arnold....you believe some sort of "moral compass" led to guys saying" no thanks....I'll just take these 2 D-bol for a few weeks....I don't want to get TOO big..."

Bob is part of the coverup and therefore has to accept that he is partly responsible for what is happening in professional bodybuilding. That he isn't making demands to do drug testing on behalf of the bodybuilders is a great shame. Lee Priest has persistently requested that Bob do something but so far nothing has changed. It is business as usual there.

Lee Priest?  Thats your knight in shining armour?? This the same Lee Priest who has yet to compete in a contest drug free? Same guy who has taken gear since he was a teen? Could have made a big, bold statement anytime he wanted by declaring that he would be competing without drugs...to "pave the way"....and whats with this "persistant request"? LOL....sorry Basile, only in your old, warped mind does talking smack on Getbig equate any "official" request....Lee has had my number for YEARS, I've seen him HUNDREDS of times at shows, expo's, etc....never once indicated he wanted anything.....except his ass back in the IFBB....which I helped to make happen.

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #160 on: August 07, 2009, 06:18:49 AM »

a

Ha Vince - yeah - as if Priest would ever want to compete drug free - not possible. I doubt he ever desired or requested that.