Author Topic: How is Fedor#1 with this record  (Read 14360 times)

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
Re: How is Fedor#1 with this record
« Reply #50 on: November 21, 2008, 07:49:47 PM »
Liddell and Hughes have losses because they didn't dodge top competition. Bottom line... I like to see good MMA skills as well. You have to admit, the UFC may not have all of the best fighters in the world, but they have more than any other promotion. Fedor is not really a champ right now in my eyes...he has an Affliction belt. ::) He needs to step up to the big leagues, where earning a belt means something.

What exactly are the big leagues? The UFC? Their HW division is absolutely embarrassing. They don't have more than any promotion. Their HW division is absolutely pathetic. How many times does he have to demolish Big Nog before it counts? 100? Lesnar? Joke. Couture? Would get annihilated. There is one fighter around right now that stands a chance of beating Fedor, and that's Barnett. And he's not a UFC fighter. There is not nor has there been anyone in Fedor's league that was a HW in the UFC. Get over it, UFC fanboy.

I have to agree with Bluto, at one time he may have been the best, so was Mike Tyson, what is he now? Fedor hasn't fought top competition in years, regardless in UFC or not. He's fought a couple of loopy gooks and a couple of UFC dropouts, whoopie. If he truely wants to be known as #1, he has to step up and continually prove it.

People keep saying "top competition." Who is the top competition, exactly? Big Nog? Destroyed. A year ago Tim Sylvia was considered the 2nd best HW in the UFC HW division behind Couture. We saw what Fedor did to him.

Instead of everyone saying "top competition," start naming names.

The old PRIDE HW division was considered the best HW div. ever assembled. Fedor dismantled it. The sham that is the UFC HW division doesn't hold a candle to it, as evidenced by their former champ getting the shit knocked out of him.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #51 on: November 21, 2008, 07:58:40 PM »
Honestly I don't care enough to get riled up, but if he wants to continue to fight washed up UFC rejects, then so be it, it's his reputation to lose. The records will show he spent the last years of his career fighting guys that couldn't cut it in the UFC, instead of fighting guys that can.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: November 21, 2008, 08:06:36 PM »
Honestly I don't care enough to get riled up, but if he wants to continue to fight washed up UFC rejects, then so be it, it's his reputation to lose. The records will show he spent the last years of his career fighting guys that couldn't cut it in the UFC, instead of fighting guys that can.

Who should he fight then? Can you name one guy that's not a UFC reject that should fight him? Mir? He's the definition of UFC reject. Lesnar? He beat a 45 year old guy who was the most overrated fighter on the planet. Who else? The UFC HW division is embarrassing.

He has beaten every great HW of the last 5 years but Barnett.

I just find it funny that Bluto and the other clowns keep saying he should fight the best, but they have yet to name one fighter they consider the "best". Just further proving that Bluto doesn't know jack shit about MMA.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #53 on: November 21, 2008, 08:14:16 PM »
Who should he fight then? Can you name one guy that's not a UFC reject that should fight him? Mir? He's the definition of UFC reject. Lesnar? He beat a 45 year old guy who was the most overrated fighter on the planet. Who else? The UFC HW division is embarrassing.

He has beaten every great HW of the last 5 years but Barnett.

I just find it funny that Bluto and the other clowns keep saying he should fight the best, but they have yet to name one fighter they consider the "best". Just further proving that Bluto doesn't know jack shit about MMA.
OK, let's reverse this.......who outside of the UFC, besides Barnett, is worthy of fighting Fedor?

Is he going to spend his final years claiming to be the best while fighting in high school gymnasiums for 30 people against some drunk hack?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #54 on: November 21, 2008, 09:23:01 PM »
he already beat nog twice. if nog beats mir and lesnar, and fedor's already beaten nog TWICE, what's the problem?

If Nog beats Mir and Lesnar I would say he is CURRENT champ of the world. At that point he would have pretty much beat the CURRENT top fighters.

So what if Fedor beat Nog twice, this is 2008. Maybe Nog has improved? Rampage and Wandy are fighting for a third time and I still see it as  a great fight. Times have changed. Fightrers have changed.

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #55 on: November 21, 2008, 09:36:07 PM »
So what if Fedor has beeat Nog twice....times have changed. Fighters have changed.

The phillies beat the rays this year in MLB world series. Does that mean next year the phillies don't need to play the rays in a worls series even though they will have beaten everyone else in the league that year? ::)

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #56 on: November 22, 2008, 01:17:59 AM »
lets not forget that many of those guys he beat were considered very dangerous fighters at that time he fought them,cro cop might be losing in the ufc but in pride he was very dangerous,as was coleman,sylvia and nog
R

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #57 on: November 22, 2008, 02:15:31 AM »
All he has to do is actually fight top 10 guys several times a year like all the others. Then he might get the respect that he deserves. We can only speculate how good Fedor CURRENTLY is.

Can't believe you have the third Nog fight listed as someone who isn't top ten.  Nog was the Pride heavyweight champ, is the current UFC heavyweight champ, and Fedor put a beating on him like no ones business.  His fight with Mirko was right after Mirko cleaned up the Pride tourney beating Wandy by vicious KO.  He can't win, it seems, to some of you guys.  He DESTROYS TIMAY, and people says he was washed up.  When he destroys glass jaw Arlovski, people will say he was washed up as well.  Lol at the mmaignorance on this board. 

stone_cold_steve

• Getbig II
« Reply #58 on: November 22, 2008, 06:02:10 AM »
OK, let's reverse this.......who outside of the UFC, besides Barnett, is worthy of fighting Fedor?

Is he going to spend his final years claiming to be the best while fighting in high school gymnasiums for 30 people against some drunk hack?

Geared up Crocop
Maybe Overeem
His brother  ;D
skullfucking rules

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: November 22, 2008, 07:41:19 AM »

There are a lot more fighters outside the UFC capable of beating him than inside it. Barnett, Hunt, Aleks, Sergei are all better fighters than 99% of the UFC HW's. And none of those guys are on his level.

I don't know why people want to see him fight Nog again. Nog is still great, but he looks like nothing compared to what he was like when he was the Pride HW champ. He's older, slower and not as dangerous now. Who the hell wants to see him fight Nog again? He's fought him 3 times, and absolutely destroyed him every time. No one gives a shit about seeing that fight again.

Funny how Sylvia was the HW champ, took the "Legendary" Couture to a decision, Fedor beats him in 37 seconds and he's apparently washed up.

There is NO ONE in the UFC that could hold Fedor's jockstrap and he would do nothing but fight cans if he were to sign there.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #60 on: November 22, 2008, 01:09:42 PM »
who cares about fedor
he hardly ever fights and when he do fight he either fight a can or fight someone he cant finish
sure a nerd can find pleasure in going back memory lane and jerk off to his record but for the rest of us who live in the present we want to be entertained
Z

stone_cold_steve

• Getbig II
« Reply #61 on: November 22, 2008, 02:37:19 PM »
who cares about fedor
he hardly ever fights and when he do fight he either fight a can or fight someone he cant finish
sure a nerd can find pleasure in going back memory lane and jerk off to his record but for the rest of us who live in the present we want to be entertained

Don't tell me you weren't at least a bit entertained by him mauling Sylvia.  Now I know thats an UFC reject but he ain't no can either.
Then again Fedor vs Brock ASAP. They have a score to settle.
skullfucking rules

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: November 22, 2008, 02:43:45 PM »

sure a nerd can find pleasure

Name:     Bluto

Irony. Methinks the only thing pleasuring you is your right/left hand, kid.  :D

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #63 on: November 22, 2008, 03:16:47 PM »
There are a lot more fighters outside the UFC capable of beating him than inside it. Barnett, Hunt, Aleks, Sergei are all better fighters than 99% of the UFC HW's. And none of those guys are on his level.

I don't know why people want to see him fight Nog again. Nog is still great, but he looks like nothing compared to what he was like when he was the Pride HW champ. He's older, slower and not as dangerous now. Who the hell wants to see him fight Nog again? He's fought him 3 times, and absolutely destroyed him every time. No one gives a shit about seeing that fight again.

Funny how Sylvia was the HW champ, took the "Legendary" Couture to a decision, Fedor beats him in 37 seconds and he's apparently washed up.

There is NO ONE in the UFC that could hold Fedor's jockstrap and he would do nothing but fight cans if he were to sign there.

You guys act like I am saying Fedor is not a legend...he is. I am just saying that it is time to come to the UFC if he wants to earn his #1 status back. I also am not saying that I want him to fight Nog, but if it ends up that way if Nog beats everyone other challenger, then they should fight. I just want to put an end to all the bickering on all sides and bring him to the UFC where he will be exposed to the biggest audience, and let him show everyone how much of a bad as he can be. If he STILL has it in him ;D

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #64 on: November 22, 2008, 03:23:12 PM »
Don't tell me you weren't at least a bit entertained by him mauling Sylvia.  Now I know thats an UFC reject but he ain't no can either.
Then again Fedor vs Brock ASAP. They have a score to settle.

nah never cared much for syliva no matter who he faced
Z

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: November 22, 2008, 03:25:27 PM »

You guys act like I am saying Fedor is not a legend...he is. I am just saying that it is time to come to the UFC if he wants to earn his #1 status back. I also am not saying that I want him to fight Nog, but if it ends up that way if Nog beats everyone other challenger, then they should fight. I just want to put an end to all the bickering on all sides and bring him to the UFC where he will be exposed to the biggest audience, and let him show everyone how much of a bad as he can be. If he STILL has it in him ;D

Why is it time to come to the UFC? There are no good fighters outside of Nog in the UFC HW division. Lesnar is overrated and unproven. Mir is not very good. No one wants to see him fight Nog again. 3 times against Nog in his prime were more than enough. There are no good HWs in the UFC period.

How would he still not have it in him? Tim Sylvia had the UFC belt less than 2 years ago. Fedor beat him in 37 seconds after it took Couture 5 rounds to erk a decision out. If he wants to prove himself, he needs to avoid fighting in that league of cans and washed up wannabes. He needs to fight Barnett, as he's the only HW worth a shit that stands a chance of beating him. And it's not a very good chance anyway.

How many times are the jealous UFC fanboys going to bitch about this guy? Every time they say he's getting old, washed up, he's not that good and every time he goes out there and shoves their words down their throats.

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #66 on: November 22, 2008, 03:26:07 PM »
Can't believe you have the third Nog fight listed as someone who isn't top ten.  Nog was the Pride heavyweight champ, is the current UFC heavyweight champ, and Fedor put a beating on him like no ones business.  His fight with Mirko was right after Mirko cleaned up the Pride tourney beating Wandy by vicious KO.  He can't win, it seems, to some of you guys.  He DESTROYS TIMAY, and people says he was washed up.  When he destroys glass jaw Arlovski, people will say he was washed up as well.  Lol at the mmaignorance on this board. 

Ok give him the third nog fight...what others recently besides Tim? I have said it before, I will not be impressed at all if he wins Arvloski. I expect him to win. Not only did big Tim beat Arvloski twice, but Andre has weak fists, they are powerful, but not real one punch HW power. Doesn't really matter what happened in the past, Mirko beat everyone in Pride, and then gets demolished in UFC, what does that say about Pride competition? Or is it something else?

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: November 22, 2008, 03:27:54 PM »
Ok give him the third nog fight...what others recently besides Tim? I have said it before, I will not be impressed at all if he wins Arvloski. I expect him to win. Not only did big Tim beat Arvloski twice, but Andre has weak fists, they are powerful, but not real one punch HW power. Doesn't really matter what happened in the past, Mirko beat everyone in Pride, and then gets demolished in UFC, what does that say about Pride competition? Or is it something else?

You've yet to name one fighter in the UFC capable of beating him. WHO? Name one guy not named Nogueira so I can laugh. You have to be new to MMA. Typical TUF reject that can't come to grips with the fact that his heroes in the UFC aren't the best out there.

Your argument about Mirko holds no water. Liddell went over to Pride and got demolished. He then came back to the UFC and couldn't lose. Rampage couldn't do shit in Japan but won the UFC belt in 6 months.  ::)

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #68 on: November 22, 2008, 03:29:09 PM »
Why is it time to come to the UFC? There are no good fighters outside of Nog in the UFC HW division. Lesnar is overrated and unproven. Mir is not very good. No one wants to see him fight Nog again. 3 times against Nog in his prime were more than enough. There are no good HWs in the UFC period.

How would he still not have it in him? Tim Sylvia had the UFC belt less than 2 years ago. Fedor beat him in 37 seconds after it took Couture 5 rounds to erk a decision out. If he wants to prove himself, he needs to avoid fighting in that league of cans and washed up wannabes.

So I guess it looks better when he is fighting Arvloski, who by the way was beaten twice by Tim, instead of fighting in the UFC ???
I am sure he could fight the biggest can ever and more people would watch (and give respect) then fighting Arvloski on the Affliction card.

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: November 22, 2008, 03:30:18 PM »
So I guess it looks better when he is fighting Arvloski, who by the way was beaten twice by Tim, instead of fighting in the UFC ???
I am sure he could fight the biggest can ever and more people would watch (and give respect) then fighting Arvloski on the Affliction card.

Still haven't named a UFC fighter. Who are these great UFC HW fighters? Who? Frank Mir? LOL. That's a good one. Brock Lesnar? Wow, beats a 45 year old guy and he's on par with Fedor.  ::)

Nog? Lost 3 times to Fedor. Who else? There is not one UFC fighter in his class. It would be embarrassing for him to go to the UFC. He'd fight cans for the rest of his career, while guys like Barnett and other capable HWs fight elsewhere.

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #70 on: November 22, 2008, 03:35:59 PM »
You've yet to name one fighter in the UFC capable of beating him. WHO? Name one guy not named Nogueira so I can laugh. You have to be new to MMA. Typical TUF reject that can't come to grips with the fact that his heroes in the UFC aren't the best out there.

Your argument about Mirko holds no water. Liddell went over to Pride and got demolished. He then came back to the UFC and couldn't lose. Rampage couldn't do shit in Japan but won the UFC belt in 6 months.  ::)

I have said before, I don't know who is the best HW right now. I want to see once and for all myself. There may be better guys out there, but the best chance at having the most entertaining fights, with the most people watching to see once and for all, would be in the UFC.

Name one HW in the past TWO YEARS that has actually done something, not in the UFC. See all your old pride heroes are just that, old memories. Remember, just because they whooped ass 5 years ago in a pride tourney, really does not mean anything now.

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: November 22, 2008, 03:46:51 PM »
I have said before, I don't know who is the best HW right now. I want to see once and for all myself. There may be better guys out there, but the best chance at having the most entertaining fights, with the most people watching to see once and for all, would be in the UFC.

Name one HW in the past TWO YEARS that has actually done something, not in the UFC. See all your old pride heroes are just that, old memories. Remember, just because they whooped ass 5 years ago in a pride tourney, really does not mean anything now.

What has one HW done in the UFC in the past 2 years? That division is such a joke that a retired, 40+ year old guy came back and won the belt instantaneously. Talk about an absolutely embarrassing division. No one will prove anything fighting in the UFC beyond which can is better than the other. The only fighter worth his salt in there is Nog and he's lost to Fedor 3 times. I'm not interested in seeing him fight anyone besides Barnett, Aleks or Sergei and not a single one of them is in the UFC. Those are the guys capable of actually giving him a fight. Not the UFC cans. I don't need to some boring ass beatdown of Mir, Lesnar, Couture or Nog for the fourth time.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #72 on: November 22, 2008, 03:52:06 PM »
twice to nog, one time was no contest (accidental cut)
no contest dont count in mma
Z

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: November 22, 2008, 03:53:36 PM »
twice to nog, one time was no contest
no contest dont count in mma

Sure it does. He destroyed him that fight. It goes down in the books as a NC, but anyone who saw the fight saw the results. Nice that you're trying to act like you can contribute, Bluto. Spending another Saturday night on Getbig, you party animal you?

It's funny how the UFC fanboys can't come to grips with the fact that the UFC HW division is a complete embarrassment and has been for years now.

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #74 on: November 22, 2008, 03:56:26 PM »
What has one HW done in the UFC in the past 2 years? That division is such a joke that a retired, 40+ year old guy came back and won the belt instantaneously. Talk about an absolutely embarrassing division. No one will prove anything fighting in the UFC beyond which can is better than the other. The only fighter worth his salt in there is Nog and he's lost to Fedor 3 times. I'm not interested in seeing him fight anyone besides Barnett, Aleks or Sergei and not a single one of them is in the UFC. Those are the guys capable of actually giving him a fight. Not the UFC cans. I don't need to some boring ass beatdown of Mir, Lesnar, Couture or Nog for the fourth time.

Well the old man and Brock was a good fight all in all. Exciting start to finish. 1.2 million PPV. Noobs or not...those are the matchup today's mma fan wants to see as well as use to rate the fighters.

How many PPV views do you think the Fedor/Arvloski fight is pulling in. Maybe 500,000 on a good night. Nobody cares.