Author Topic: how much does everybody use on upright rows  (Read 17572 times)

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
Re: how much does everybody use on upright rows
« Reply #75 on: July 16, 2008, 06:23:12 PM »
terrible exersize and totaly unnecessary, ranks along side behind the neck press as one of the ultimate shouldrer wreckers,,, u fuck your shoulders doin 'safe ' exersizes,, dont be silly lads
well i agree behind neck press can be dangerous if your going heavy and your going all the way to the traps. but as long as you stop at the ears and dont lock out there shouldnt be any morries.

and i dotn see a reaosn why upright rows would be at all dangerous as long as your using decent form

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #76 on: July 16, 2008, 06:37:22 PM »

maybe i prefer for people to just know that i am passionate and love this. regardless of what they think i look like.

I'd be lying if I said I did'nt get a little teary eyed when I read this

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
« Reply #77 on: July 17, 2008, 10:12:13 AM »
i just find all u realy need is a side lateral movement, a rear lateral movement and some kind of press,,, build your traps with heavy shrugs and indirectly with even heavier deadlifts

BFP

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #78 on: July 17, 2008, 11:02:02 AM »
i just find all u realy need is a side lateral movement, a rear lateral movement and some kind of press,,, build your traps with heavy shrugs and indirectly with even heavier deadlifts

Bullshit!  ;D I pull ~700lbs from the floor and have shit for traps!  It seems to work for everyone else though.  ??? >:(

Jason

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
« Reply #79 on: July 17, 2008, 12:36:03 PM »
Bullshit!  ;D I pull ~700lbs from the floor and have shit for traps!  It seems to work for everyone else though.  ??? >:(

Jason
my traps respnnd super well to shrugs on those bench press machine where you load plates onto each side...its like a laying down hamer strength bench press...each hand has its own handle and own plates... you know which one im talking about???.. i stand and use that for traps... that works awesome..    i actually go to a different gym and shoulder day just so i can use this machine for traps because it works so well..

IAMTHEGAME

• Getbig II
  • ...'CAUSE I AM THAT DAMN GOOD...
« Reply #80 on: July 17, 2008, 02:16:14 PM »
my traps respnnd super well to shrugs on those bench press machine where you load plates onto each side...its like a laying down hamer strength bench press...each hand has its own handle and own plates... you know which one im talking about???.. i stand and use that for traps... that works awesome..    i actually go to a different gym and shoulder day just so i can use this machine for traps because it works so well..

Is that before or after you took/take the video of you upright rowing 185 to your chin without using momentum...

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
« Reply #81 on: July 21, 2008, 02:54:58 PM »
i used to love repping out on the old universal bench press machine, the old ones where u had 4 stations.... was a great way to finish your traps off

ConanCarl

• Getbig II
  • CD
« Reply #82 on: August 01, 2008, 04:28:46 PM »
Tried some shrugs on hammer BP machine-nice angle-thanx for info

bonedoc

• Getbig II
  • DO IT BIG
« Reply #83 on: August 04, 2008, 09:36:40 AM »
food for thought.  try using the smith machine for shrugs.  walk forward with ur feet and lean back when u do ur shrugs makes a huge difference.

Silverback Gorilla

• Getbig II
« Reply #84 on: August 11, 2008, 10:32:02 AM »
I'm goin' in...

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
  • there can only be one...
« Reply #85 on: August 13, 2008, 03:17:22 PM »
olympic bar qith a 45 and a 25 on each side.. is the heaviest i go to
but usually its a 45 each side
choice is an illusion

Knowledge

• Getbig II
  • Don't hate me cause you ain't me
« Reply #86 on: August 13, 2008, 06:18:43 PM »
115-135 lbs.  I find the upright a row to be excellent for supersets on shoulder days.  A wider grip will keep it from being so rough and grinding on your the RC ligamaments.