Author Topic: Coulter: Cops aren't pulling over enough black people  (Read 9541 times)

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
Re: Coulter: Cops aren't pulling over enough black people
« Reply #100 on: August 05, 2009, 09:08:37 AM »
I am white. Although I have a darker complexion and often hang around with those a few shades darker than white, I am unmistakably white once you hear me speak. I have been harassed by cops, as have my friends. I went to high school with many people who became cops and I can speak first hand ( at least in NYC) most cops are either (a) Holier than thou douchebags just looking to wreck someones good time or meet their arrest quota for the month, (b) Racist assholes who get their kicks by waving their nightsticks at the colored folk- ( believe it or not, some black cops get their jollies by doing the same to white kids on the street), (c) Lazy, incompatent slobs who were picked on in high school OR (d) Intelligent, hard working, crime stopping, civil servants trying to serve the community without throwing the book at every person that crosses their path.

(d) is like 10% of cops, while a-c makes up the other 90%.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #101 on: August 05, 2009, 09:16:21 AM »
I am white. Although I have a darker complexion and often hang around with those a few shades darker than white, I am unmistakably white once you hear me speak. I have been harassed by cops, as have my friends. I went to high school with many people who became cops and I can speak first hand ( at least in NYC) most cops are either (a) Holier than thou douchebags just looking to wreck someones good time or meet their arrest quota for the month, (b) Racist assholes who get their kicks by waving their nightsticks at the colored folk- ( believe it or not, some black cops get their jollies by doing the same to white kids on the street), (c) Lazy, incompatent slobs who were picked on in high school OR (d) Intelligent, hard working, crime stopping, civil servants trying to serve the community without throwing the book at every person that crosses their path.

you are one of the best posters on here and I agree 100% with that sentiment.  I know tons of cops and you are spot on. 

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #102 on: August 05, 2009, 11:47:07 AM »
you are one of the best posters on here and I agree 100% with that sentiment.  I know tons of cops and you are spot on. 

WOW, 333....George states in his post that there ARE cops who are racist against blacks and you actually AGREE with it.......that psychiatrist I suggested must really be helping you.. :D

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #103 on: August 05, 2009, 11:50:42 AM »

WOW, 333....George states in his post that there ARE cops who are racist against blacks and you actually AGREE with it.......that psychiatrist I suggested must really be helping you.. :D

Bro, you know where i am from.  George knows NYC very well just like us.  there are certain things that cant be denied.   

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #104 on: August 05, 2009, 11:56:10 AM »
Bro, you know where i am from.  George knows NYC very well just like us.  there are certain things that cant be denied.   

got me there..agreed!

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #105 on: August 05, 2009, 05:11:32 PM »
Geez, it must be hard having a chip on your shoulder from birth. 

As for Jag, the incident is being investigated by the department.  What more do you want?  The family claims the guy was tased for no reason.  Okay, but it sounds like the tasing of the woman was legit.  It just doesn't look good because she's pregnant.  Hopefully she gets deported if she's illegal.  This incident sounds more like an issue of poor training than a bad cop.

Are you on drugs?! How can you possibly say the tasering of a woman on the ground helping a senior who's just been tasered was legit? You are seriously fvcked up. And I pray to God you never get accepted on any police force anywhere, anytime. Poor training put on the street = bad cop!
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #106 on: August 05, 2009, 05:15:38 PM »

This is a banner day on GetBig... George Whorewell and I actually agree on something.  :o

What are the odds? I'm gonna go out and buy a lotto ticket.  :)
w

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
« Reply #107 on: August 05, 2009, 05:42:47 PM »
Are you on drugs?! How can you possibly say the tasering of a woman on the ground helping a senior who's just been tasered was legit? You are seriously fvcked up. And I pray to God you never get accepted on any police force anywhere, anytime. Poor training put on the street = bad cop!
If the woman was a perceived threat to the officer, yes I could see an officer using the taser instead of fighting with the woman.  Imagine an officer taking on the woman and her male cohorts trying to fight the officers.  The taser instills fear.  I talked to a deputy working the jails who said the only thing this violent 350 lb inmate feared was his grandma and the taser. 

I'm not on drugs, I actually know many departments use of force policies and know how things work.  Most of you post conjecture and opinion.  I've read MAJOR incident reports for large departments and read what federal courts and POST training have authorized different departments to do.  Retraining is a major problem in LE today because most departments find it hard to pay officers to train in addition to paying them for their shifts and overtime.  Poor training doesn't make a bad cop, it means that he could have barely passed in the academy...which is a problem with the staff not the trainee or the department's policy might be ambiguous or unclear.  Officers best try to fit their behavior within the use of force policies.  If this department authorizes the taser in these situations then he acted properly.  If the department didn't then he will likely take a "hit" for it.

Don't make posts solely out of emotion, because you are obviously biased and have little knowledge on the subject.  You want to talk about an incident that was purely wrong, then look into the department's use of force policy and post on it otherwise you are just speculating.

I don't advocate beating everyone up but I certainly think taking a suspect down hard is no big deal, but if you rather not have a bruised or bloody suspect because they were fighting the officer then don't bitch about the other tactics authorized.  Using the taser helps prevent injuries to officers and it just looks bad when 10 officers take down a suspect.  Allegations fly, false claims are made and God forbid the incident is on camera then you are dealing with another mess.  The taser works folks.  Suspects lose every time and when your goal is to safely arrest someone then you want the tools that work.
Squishy face retard

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #108 on: August 05, 2009, 09:21:39 PM »
If the woman was a perceived threat to the officer, yes I could see an officer using the taser instead of fighting with the woman.  Imagine an officer taking on the woman and her male cohorts trying to fight the officers.  The taser instills fear.  I talked to a deputy working the jails who said the only thing this violent 350 lb inmate feared was his grandma and the taser. 

She was tasered in the back while she was down on the ground attending to the senior citizen who was tasered by the police. If attending to a person who has just been assaulted by a cop is assault on a cop, ER docs and paramedics all over the country would be up on charges. 

I'm not on drugs,

Maybe you should be.  :D

God forbid the incident is on camera then you are dealing with another mess. 

Like the inability to lie about how things really went down? Is that the other mess you're talking about?   :-\

The taser works folks.  Suspects lose every time and when your goal is to safely arrest someone then you want the tools that work.

If your goal is to sadistically cause people intense pain the taser works there too. 
And bad training does equal bad cops, ...whether they are by the book or not!
GARBAGE IN = GARBAGE OUT! Idjit!  >:(
w

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #109 on: August 06, 2009, 06:13:20 AM »
Yeah Jag, every officer wants to inflict pain just to get his jollies.   ::)

Even fights that are handled within use of force policy look bad on tv.  Watching someone tased, even if they deserve it, looks bad on tv.  Dispersing a crowd with batons, bean bag rounds, rubber bullets, etc looks bad even if the crowd needs to be moved.  It's not about police conspiracy to lie.  The public has no idea about use of force and they start screaming racism or police brutality. 
Squishy face retard

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #110 on: August 06, 2009, 12:47:44 PM »
Yeah Jag, every officer wants to inflict pain just to get his jollies.   ::)

Not all, ...but some.

Even fights that are handled within use of force policy look bad on tv.  Watching someone tased, even if they deserve it, looks bad on tv.  Dispersing a crowd with batons, bean bag rounds, rubber bullets, etc looks bad even if the crowd needs to be moved.  It's not about police conspiracy to lie.  The public has no idea about use of force and they start screaming racism or police brutality. 

:o What're you doing posting in this thread?
There's a storm trooper somewhere waiting for a blowjob... you're late!
w

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #111 on: August 06, 2009, 05:34:08 PM »
Not all, ...but some.

HA!!!!.....NICE ;D

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #112 on: August 06, 2009, 05:42:14 PM »
Not all, ...but some.

Your intelligent post tells me all I need to hear.  You admit you know nothing on the subject and have posted nothing of value.  As for the second comment, if you honestly think American police are storm troopers then you really have a weird world perspective.  Their not pussies like in other countries but they are not the Gestapo.  Get a life.
Squishy face retard

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #113 on: August 06, 2009, 05:43:51 PM »
jag you never answered my question, is how the man reacted when pulled over for running a red light how AA are told to act by their parents?

spotter

• Getbig III
  • Off the Hook
« Reply #114 on: August 06, 2009, 06:31:28 PM »
Also, and maybe most importantly, what does race have to do with threatening police officers like that?

Do you think that they let white people point guns at them or what?

I used to have a lot more respect for your positions. I'm beginning to think that you're just a racist now.

I think that the police really hate everyone....They are equal opportunity haters!   If you get pulled over, they talk to you like you are a criminal, and they presume that you are guilty of something!!   I am sure there are racists in the police mix, but I believe the vast percentage of them are "just hateful", and counting the days until they retire!   

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #115 on: August 07, 2009, 12:09:13 AM »
An understandable mistake, is still a mistake. What part of that don't YOU get?

You posted the video in the first place as some kind of example of how blacks just get randomly pulled over and are a target of police abuse.

Sorry, in this case the guy had something in his hands, a mobile phone. He pointed it around and it clearly looked like he was intimidating the officers with it.

They had every reason to suspect that the guy had a gun and was threatening to use it.

So the bullets were justifiable.

You're just too funny with your backtracking. Why don't you just admit you were wrong instead of coming across as a total buffon?

BTW, I'm certainly no fan of police brutality and I think there have been many good examples of how the US police use force WITHOUT reason.

I also believe there are plenty of examples where blacks have been unfair targets.

This was not such a case.

They had a reason – there was a very good possibility that the guy was carrying a gun and was about to use it.

As empty as paradise

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #116 on: August 07, 2009, 04:36:44 AM »
You posted the video in the first place as some kind of example of how blacks just get randomly pulled over and are a target of police abuse.

Sorry, in this case the guy had something in his hands, a mobile phone. He pointed it around and it clearly looked like he was intimidating the officers with it.

They had every reason to suspect that the guy had a gun and was threatening to use it.

So the bullets were justifiable.

You're just too funny with your backtracking. Why don't you just admit you were wrong instead of coming across as a total buffon?

BTW, I'm certainly no fan of police brutality and I think there have been many good examples of how the US police use force WITHOUT reason.

I also believe there are plenty of examples where blacks have been unfair targets.

This was not such a case.

They had a reason – there was a very good possibility that the guy was carrying a gun and was about to use it.

Actually Hedge, I posted that as an example of one guy, they didn't fail to stop.

I understand the cop was in fear for his life, ...othewise he wouldn't have ducked, ...unless he's like some tin foil hatters who believe a cell phone sucks the jewels out of your brain. What I'm saying is that this was an example of a cop so hopped up over something so minor as running a red light, that they have to approach a guy with their guns drawn. Geez Louise... write a ticket... send it to him in the mail. You got a dash cam, ...you know his license plate, Seriously! That's why some departments ban high speed chases in some cases. The risk to innocent life is just not worth it when weighed against the actual infraction. Then cops are so amped up with adrenaline... no one is seeing straight, ...and an innocent man dies... over a cell phone, ...and a potentially good man is traumatized by the knowledge he took an innocent life. It's just not worth it.

Some cops are too fucked up to care, ...but for some shooting an innocent, or even close calls are traumatic.

A few years back, we had a low budget MOW try to cut costs, by skirting location permits. They were shooting a scene, ...a late night convenience store robbery. A neighbour walking their dog, saw the lights on, and a guy pointing a gun, and called police. Cops arrived on the scene and almost shot the actor holding the gun. When that cop realized how close he came to killing an innocent kid... he had to go through counseling. I'm not sure if the actor sued... I heard he was talking about it. He was pretty traumatized to find an amped up cop with a gun in his face. The Actors union went after production in a big way. Had they filed the proper permits, and hired all the requisite personnel, the cops would have known it was just a film shoot. 
w

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #117 on: August 07, 2009, 06:27:30 AM »
Actually Hedge, I posted that as an example of one guy, they didn't fail to stop.

I understand the cop was in fear for his life, ...othewise he wouldn't have ducked, ...unless he's like some tin foil hatters who believe a cell phone sucks the jewels out of your brain. What I'm saying is that this was an example of a cop so hopped up over something so minor as running a red light, that they have to approach a guy with their guns drawn. Geez Louise... write a ticket... send it to him in the mail. You got a dash cam, ...you know his license plate, Seriously! That's why some departments ban high speed chases in some cases. The risk to innocent life is just not worth it when weighed against the actual infraction. Then cops are so amped up with adrenaline... no one is seeing straight, ...and an innocent man dies... over a cell phone, ...and a potentially good man is traumatized by the knowledge he took an innocent life. It's just not worth it.

HE GOT OUT OF HIS FUCKING CAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU DONT DO THAT...........

He got out with something in his had pushed the cop away when he tried to restrain him, walked away from them with his hands out of sight and turned and pointed something at the cop...Again jag is this how you are taught to act with the police? if he had stayed in his car and done what they said he'd still be alive, it doesnt matter that he had cheated on his wife and got caught none of that matters. The cops didnt do anything wrong here all the blame here lies with the guy who got shot.

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #118 on: August 17, 2009, 03:32:06 PM »

Some cops are too fucked up to care, ...but for some shooting an innocent, or even close calls are traumatic.

A few years back, we had a low budget MOW try to cut costs, by skirting location permits. They were shooting a scene, ...a late night convenience store robbery. A neighbour walking their dog, saw the lights on, and a guy pointing a gun, and called police. Cops arrived on the scene and almost shot the actor holding the gun. When that cop realized how close he came to killing an innocent kid... he had to go through counseling. I'm not sure if the actor sued... I heard he was talking about it. He was pretty traumatized to find an amped up cop with a gun in his face. The Actors union went after production in a big way. Had they filed the proper permits, and hired all the requisite personnel, the cops would have known it was just a film shoot. 

Hahahah... It happened again today. Our OPP (Ontario Provincial Police) took down an entire out-of-town film crew.

Motorists started flooding 911 with calls. They could see the outline of guns through the tinted windows of a Hummer. the OPP showed up, handcuffed the film crew, searched all the vehicles, found no real guns, uncuffed the crew, and sent them on their way.

When are these guys going to learn? Especially in scenes involving guns... you don't skirt location permits. notify the cops and residents AHEAD OF TIME! The entire crew was handcuffed facedown on the pavement. Hahaha! That'll teach em. That prod mgr is going to be encountering a real hostile work environment for the next little while. LOL
w

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #119 on: August 18, 2009, 12:44:25 PM »
Can anyone still defend this mess, at this point?

Perhaps feeling guilty for referring to ‘birthers’ as ‘cranks’ recently, Ann Coulter made the absurd case to Larry King that police don’t stop enough African-Americans.

Partial transcript

COULTER: In fact, I have been — at least in the initial crankiness by Professor Gates, I’ve been somewhat of a defender of his, in as much as I’m someone who travels a lot. I get a lot of — I get cranky, too, especially after a long trip from China.

What can’t be defended, I think, is the next 48 hours, the next week, when he could calm down and think, oh boy, I over-reacted. Wish I hadn’t done that. But I think that is a problem. Both aggrieved minorities and aggrieved females are told to take every slight, interpret everything as it’s because your black. It’s because you’re a woman. I don’t think that’s good for blacks or females. I don’t think it’s good for the rest of the country.

And there is one thing I’d like to say about the studies on racial profiling, and even the Bush administration coming out with them. The Bush administration itself suppressed a study that disproved eight billion racial profiling studies about the New Jersey State Troopers. There was a scientific study setting up cameras of people speeding. It turns out New Jersey State Troopers, by scientific evidence that was — the Bush administration kept rejecting and rejecting — were stopping, if anything, not enough blacks.

they DO need to stop more of them...jay walking, cuttin people off, driving while doing blackberry, yappin on the phone, buying crack, drunk drivin, gun runnin,  the list goes on and on.  white people dont do this shit.