Author Topic: WTF???! HBO Real Sports honors Jack LaLanne - are they nuts or something?!!!  (Read 17655 times)

Army of One

• Getbig V
Re: WTF???! HBO Real Sports honors Jack LaLanne - are they nuts or something?!!
« Reply #50 on: November 26, 2006, 10:16:39 AM »
I banged Jacks Wife when she got turned on by my morning 1000 star jumps on the beach!

Richard2004

• Getbig IV
  • REAL explosive strength!
Yes I believe you are 52 years old.  But you haven't lifted a weight in your life.  SHow some pics.  And if you have you have achieved nothing in the industry you can tell.  You're an old man who has never acheived anything, you have to live with that like you have for the last 52 years.

You ignorant dumb fvck!!! 

Go to the August 1959 issue of Stength and Health magazine where you will see a picture of me in the Lifting News section of the mag. where I won the Teen Age National Olympic Weightlifting Championships (198-1/4 lb.class) and broke the existing national record in the Clean and Jerk (C&J) by a full 20 lbs.  As I said you drug-bloated pharmaceutical freak, you won't live as long as I've lifted weights NATURALLY!!

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
You ignorant dumb fvck!!! 

Go to the August 1959 issue of Stength and Health magazine where you will see a picture of me in the Lifting News section of the mag. where I won the Teen Age National Olympic Weightlifting Championships (198-1/4 lb.class) and broke the existing national record in the Clean and Jerk (C&J) by a full 20 lbs.  As I said you drug-bloated pharmaceutical freak, you won't live as long as I've lifted weights NATURALLY!!

Okay I got it.  Nice pic man.  How much did you lift.

SS

• Getbig V
  • The new and improved SS.
rich2004 is a little man!

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
I think he said it all tongue in cheek. I think he was pointing out how shitty todays bodybuilding is and defending LaLanne.
I know he was being sarcastic, that much is obvious. However he does defend the virilized female BBs frequently. He only puts down the men.

Richard2004

• Getbig IV
Okay I got it.  Nice pic man.  How much did you lift.

Peace Onlyme!!!  Please accept my sincere apologies for going off the deep-end, calling you names, etc.!!  You are obviously VERY accomplished in the iron-game and your posts are very entertaining. 

I did 235-240-315 for a 790 total at a bwt. of only 185 lbs. (that was back in the days when there were 3 Olympic lifts).  The meet was held at the York, PA YMCA and John Grimek, who was present, came up to me afterward and complimented my physique and urged me to enter the Teen-Age Mr. America contest which was being held in conjunction with the lifting meet.  Even though it was a warm June day in York, Grimek was dressed in baggy trousers and a loose fitting long sleeve shirt and this great man was very unassuming and modest...what a MAN and role model!!

Later that year, I officially did 340 in the C&J at 185 lbs. in the TN state Olympic w-l champs. Also, in '59, I outlifted both Bill March (at the Jr. Nats. in Cleveland, OH) and later that same year Dr. John Gourgott (at the All-Dixie Olympic w-l champs in Birmingham. AL).  As you may know, both of these great Olympic lifters went on to become very famous names in the iron game and I went on to become a nobody...just couldn't keep up the pace with the best in the country, as I was trying to get an engineering degree at Ga. Tech in those days (a good excuse).

Anyway, I've NEVER stopped regular w-t and actually began on Tuesday, 2/8/55, at the Nashville YMCA.  Sadly, I've lost three training buddies over the years due to deaths that were, in all probability, related to their steady AAS use...two to liver cancer and one to a heart attack...all in their 40's.

It was simply dumb luck that I avoided the AAS craze of the early/mid 60's, as I got interested in the martial-arts in '62 and only used the w-t, thereafter, to assist my ma training...whereas, everyone of my former w-t buddies started heavy juicin' (sadly, with no medical supervision whatsoever).  As you may know, it wasn't until the early 80's that the media began to publicize the health dangers of AAS use.  A lot of my training buddies, of the 60's and 70's, thought of AAS as just another "health food" like protein powder/tablets.

Onlyme, good luck and good training and best wishes for a long and healthy life!!

Richard2004

• Getbig IV
I know he was being sarcastic, that much is obvious. However he does defend the virilized female BBs frequently. He only puts down the men.

Uhhh...Van, we've beaten this "dead horse" subject to death so many times!  Which females are virilized and just where do we draw the line beyond the horribly obvious types like Toney and Kyle??!  There are some 70-odd females/she-he's with their IFBB pro. cards if the approximate figures quoted on that Discovery channel "Supersize She" special on Joanna Thomas are correct. 

Now, If we assume all of them are "virilized", then what about all of the other competitive amateur and pro. fbbers/fitness/figure competitors!??  I mean they ALL very apparently take the AAS/GH and other BB drugs to some degree.

Please recall, that I related, in a previous post, going up to a name pro. IFBB figure competitor, training at Coffee's Gym here in Atlanta (and she had just appeared in a big mainline BB mag. photospread), and when I complimented her, she replied in a husky voice that sounded like Humphrey Bogart! Yet, I'm sure that all of the guys would agree that her face and figure belong(ed) in a Playboy centerfold spread!  She obviously had been juicin'!

Van, you tell me, just where do we draw the line as the "femininity limits" water is as muddy as hell??!

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
all drugs, he's also gay as the day is long, he felt a kid's biceps and said, "harder than a honeymoon penis".

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HAHA, RON.....

xpac2

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #58 on: November 26, 2006, 02:00:13 PM »
Peace Onlyme!!!  Please accept my sincere apologies for going off the deep-end, calling you names, etc.!!  You are obviously VERY accomplished in the iron-game and your posts are very entertaining. 

I did 235-240-315 for a 790 total at a bwt. of only 185 lbs. (that was back in the days when there were 3 Olympic lifts).  The meet was held at the York, PA YMCA and John Grimek, who was present, came up to me afterward and complimented my physique and urged me to enter the Teen-Age Mr. America contest which was being held in conjunction with the lifting meet.  Even though it was a warm June day in York, Grimek was dressed in a loose fitting long sleeve shirt and this great man was very unassuming and modest...what a MAN and role model!!

Later that year, I officially did 340 in the C&J at 185 lbs. in the TN state Olympic w-l champs. Also, in '59, I outlifted both Bill March (at the Jr. Nats. in Cleveland, OH) and later John Gourgott (at the All-Dixie Olympic w-l champs in Birmingham. AL).  As you may know, both of these great Olympic lifters went on to become very famous names in the iron game and I went on to become a nobody...just couldn't keep up the pace with the best in the country, as I was trying to get an engineering degree at Ga. Tech in those days (a good excuse).

Anyway, I've NEVER stopped regular w-t and actually began on Tuesday, 2/8/55, at the Nashville YMCA.  Sadly, I've lost three training buddies over the years due to deaths that were, in all probability, related to their steady AAS use...two to liver cancer and one to a heart attack...all in their 40's.

It was simply dumb luck that I avoided the AAS craze, as I got interested in the martial-arts in '62 and only used the w-t, thereafter, to assist my ma training...whereas, everyone of my former w-t buddies started juicin' (sadly, with no medical supervision whatsoever) in the early 60's.  As you may know, it wasn't until the early 80's that the media began to publicize the health dangers of AAS use.  A lot of my training buddies, of the 60's and 70's, thought of AAS as just another "health food" like protein powder/tablets.

Onlyme, good luck and good training and best wishes for a long and healthy life!!

How dare you mock onlyme he has pictures with Famous People!! And he was an extra in some lame ass movie and got left on the cutting room floor! He also use to compete in the great sport of Arm Wrestling!

packetman

• Getbig II
Now, all of Jack's accomplishments, listed below, don't mean "jack-shiit" cuz Jack never became a 300 lb.+, ripped, mass monster, and could bench bump over 600 lbs.!  Yeah man, Jack's value system, as it relates to the goals of BB, was all fvcked-up!!!

Timeline: Jack LaLanne's Feats
As reported on Jack LaLanne's Web site, and as documented consistently when they happened:

1954 (age 40): Jack swam the entire length of the Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco, underwater, with 140 pounds of equipment, including two air tanks. A world record.
1955 (age 41): Jack swam from Alcatraz Island to Fisherman's Wharf in San Francisco while handcuffed. When interviewed afterwards he was quoted as saying that the worst thing bout the ordeal was being handcuffed, which reduced his chance to star jump significantly.
1956 (age 42): Jack set a world record of 1,033 push ups in 23 minutes on You Asked for It, a television program with Art Baker, he celebrated later by inventing a new fitness training reigeme which would train all parts of the body at one time and called it, the star jump.
1957 (age 43): Jack swam the Golden Gate Channel while towing a 2,500-pound cabin cruiser. The swift ocean currents turned this one-mile swim into a swimming distance of 6.5 miles.
1958 (age 44): Jack star jumped atop a paddleboard nonstop from Farallon Islands to the San Francisco shore. The 30-mile trip took 9.5 hours.
1959 (age 45): Jack did 1,000 star jumps and 1,000 chin-ups in 1 hour, 22 minutes. His well-known white German shepherd, Happy, was born this year, the same year The Jack LaLanne Show went nationwide.
1960 (age 46): Jack gets bored of star jumping.
1974 (age 60): For the second time, Jack swam from Alcatraz Island to Fisherman's Wharf. Again, he was handcuffed, but this time he was also shackled and towed a 1,000-pound boat.
1975 (age 61): Repeating his performance 21 years earlier, Jack again swam the entire length of the Golden Gate Bridge, underwater and handcuffed, but this time he was shackled and towed a 1,000-pound boat.
1976 (age 62): To commemorate the "Spirit of '76", United States Bicentennial, Jack swam one mile in Long Beach Harbor. He was handcuffed and shackled, and he towed 13 boats (representing the 13 original colonies) containing 76 people.
1979 (age 65): Jack towed 65 boats in Lake Ashinoko, near Tokyo, Japan. He was handcuffed and shackled, and the boats were filled with 6,500 pounds of Lousiana Pacific wood pulp.
1980 (age 66): Jack towed 10 boats in North Miami, Florida. The boats carried 77 people, and he towed them for over one mile in less than one hour.
1984 (age 70): Once again handcuffed and shackled, Jack fought strong winds and currents as he swam 1.5 miles while towing 70 boats with 70 people from the Queen's Way Bridge in the Long Beach Harbor to the Queen Mary.
1992 (age 78): Jack received the Academy of Body Building and Fitness Award.
1994 (age 80): Jack received the State of California Governor's Council on Physical Fitness Lifetime Achievement Award.
1996 (age 82): Jack received the Dwight D. Eisenhower Fitness Award.
1999 (age 85): Jack received the Spirit of Muscle Beach Award.
2002 (age 88): Jack received a star on the Hollywood Boulevard Walk of Fame.
2004 (age 90): Jack celebrated his 90th birthday in New York, San Francisco, and Los Angeles. ESPN Classic ran a 24-hour marathon of the original Jack LaLanne television shows.
2005 (age 91): Jack received the Jack Webb Award from the Los Angeles Police Department Historical Society, the Arnold Classic Lifetime Achievement Award, Interglobal's International Infomercial Award, the Freddie, and the Medical Media Public Service Award, and he was a Free Spirit honoree at Al Neuharth's Freedom Fourm.

Lots of handcuffs.....Yet another reason to admire.  He's a super freak.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #60 on: November 26, 2006, 06:50:57 PM »
How dare you mock onlyme he has pictures with Famous People!! And he was an extra in some lame ass movie and got left on the cutting room floor! He also use to compete in the great sport of Arm Wrestling!

Well give me a few more years and I will catch up to all your accomplishments.  By the way can you name a few.  Thanks.

Richard no worries.

bigkid

• Getbig IV
Jack epitomizes what the foundation of bodybuilding should be. 

Azure

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Jack epitomizes what the foundation of bodybuilding should be. 

Definitely and then you wouldn't have folks coming on messageboards complaining about not being able to get girls.  Any girl would go for a guy with Lalane's body.

Richard2004

• Getbig IV
Definitely and then you wouldn't have folks coming on messageboards complaining about not being able to get girls.  Any girl would go for a guy with Lalane's body.

Are you trying to infer that girls/women prefer the lean muscularity of the Jack LaLanne "look" (in his youthful prime, of course!) to the freakish mass-monster "look" of a Markus Ruhl??!  Huh bro, whatcha bena' smokin' ?!!

KING OF THE MASS-MONSTERS AND "THE FEMININE IDEAL"...

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #64 on: November 26, 2006, 08:28:06 PM »
I would love to just be alive at 92, let alone in any kind of shape.

i hope i die long before that.

xpac2

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #65 on: November 26, 2006, 08:58:38 PM »
Well give me a few more years and I will catch up to all your accomplishments.  By the way can you name a few.  Thanks.

Richard no worries.

I don't need to impress internet nerds.

Monster inferiority complex

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
I'd rather look like Markus Ruhl (actually Mustafa's look is better imo, hence his pic in my avatar and the site) than Jack LaLanne in his youthful prime. But that's just me.

team mustafa would be proud of you, young warrior.

CozmoGal

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!

You ignorent narrowminded people!
I have met Jack on numerous occasions and he is a wonderful inspiration to the fitness field and to anybody who wants to stick around passed the age of 50. He is a very nice man with incredible carisma and energy even at this age.
I sure would like to see each and one of you guys when you are 92 traveling the world given seminars, teaching  how to live healthy etc. If you can't even do it now why are you bitchin?

Don't trash somebody until you know what you are talking about it only makes you look like an even smaller person.

;)

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #68 on: November 27, 2006, 01:41:19 AM »
I don't need to impress internet nerds.

Monster inferiority complex

I wouldn't be so hard on yourself.  Inferiority complex is a little harsh.  Maybe it's just the fact you have done nothing in your so far.  At 19 years old you have a long way to go.  Hang in there, maybe it will get better for you.  Oh yes I am a nerd ::)

rccs

• Getbig IV
  • Alma Matter!
i didnt read this thread
I will pretend I didn't read it ???
S

xpac2

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #70 on: November 27, 2006, 06:15:02 AM »
I wouldn't be so hard on yourself.  Inferiority complex is a little harsh.  Maybe it's just the fact you have done nothing in your so far.  At 19 years old you have a long way to go.  Hang in there, maybe it will get better for you.  Oh yes I am a nerd ::)

Hey Onlyme how's the sitting on your fatass and being bitter on  a messageboard working out for you? I see you are getting more productive in your life as you get fatter older.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #71 on: November 27, 2006, 09:48:30 AM »
Hey Onlyme how's the sitting on your fatass and being bitter on  a messageboard working out for you? I see you are getting more productive in your life as you get fatter older.

I'm doing great here in Hawaii.  And when I am sitting it is usually in my pool.  How are you doing?  You graduate this year don't you?  Have you thought about going to Junior College or are you going tto keep that job at Wendy's?  Maybe you can get to management by 2008.  Good luck son

xpac2

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #72 on: November 27, 2006, 10:00:36 AM »
I'm doing great here in Hawaii.  And when I am sitting it is usually in my pool.  How are you doing?  You graduate this year don't you?  Have you thought about going to Junior College or are you going tto keep that job at Wendy's?  Maybe you can get to management by 2008.  Good luck son

Is there enough room for both you and water in that pool?

body88

« Reply #73 on: November 27, 2006, 10:03:01 AM »

Who the fuck is this? yet another gimmick dissing one of the most respect members on here, You little pile of shit. Even the squad does not pick on Onlyme.

Rot in hell you little botched abortion.

Eric2

• Getbig IV
ah yes, the man who has it all in Hawaii yet is soooo bored he wants all the young people on this board that he calls "son" to be in awe of him. He chimes in everytime some celeb is brought up with a story  about his relationship with said celeb. Who gives a rats ass, I've met many celebs and never once bragged about it or thought talking about it would put me up on a higher shelf like you do.
  Did you not get your fat arse thrown off of the "Over The Top" set for some actor who had ............what do you call it?..........oh yeah talent! (that movie sucked ass btw and getting thrown off of the set really say's something about you I think)
  Go sit in your pool fat ass.
h