Author Topic: Functional Muscle!!!  (Read 9270 times)

natural al

• Getbig V
  • like it or don't, learn to live with it..whooooooo
Functional Muscle!!!
« on: November 27, 2006, 04:30:15 AM »
So I'm getting a little older, just turned 34, my low back gives me alot of problems and I'm starting to get worried that I'm just getting old.  My wife told me last week that my god daughter was having a birthday party at a gymnastics facility and we were invited.  We show up and I'm the only adult who changed, I did it to play with my kids cause they're a little younger than all the other kids there.  Man the stuff I was able to do blew my mind.  I was walking on my hands which I haven't done in about 12 years, doing hand stands, flips I got on the parrellel bars and almost did a handstand holding the bars, almost not all the way, I jumped up and grabbed the rings, I tried to do a crucifix but didn't even come close and at the end my wrists were a little sore but my back felt great.  I'm gonna start going to open gym a few times a month and see what I can do, it was awsome and I'm sure my weight training helped out alot.

anybody else supplement thier workouts with this type of stuff to stay limber?
nasser=piece of shit

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
  • Life, death, in between is getbig.com
Re: Functional Muscle!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2006, 04:42:02 AM »
dude, how much do you bench and dead lift?

any other information keep to yourself...and for the record 34 is not old.  You are in your prime!!!!!
Here comes the money shot

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2006, 04:45:49 AM »
Cue Squadfather/Sarcasm and Superstarbillygay with their hate-filled comments to try and hijack the thread.

Dude they will try and tell you you can't walk on your hands and they will demand photographic evidence so they can masturbate to their hearts content.

rccs

• Getbig IV
  • Alma Matter!
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2006, 04:53:46 AM »

Cue Squadfather/Sarcasm and Superstarbillygay with their hate-filled comments to try and hijack the thread.

Dude they will try and tell you you can't walk on your hands and they will demand photographic evidence so they can masturbate to their hearts content.
;D ;D
S

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2006, 05:01:34 AM »
dude, how much do you bench and dead lift?

any other information keep to yourself...and for the record 34 is not old.  You are in your prime!!!!!

bench...I did 330 for 2 or 3 reps a few years ago, I was doing them at my cousins house and his weights only went up to 330, benching was all I did for about 8 weeks just to see how far I could go.  Right now, I don't know, probably alot less cause I havent done them in forever, seems like my left bi hurts when I bench for some reason.

deads, I'll have to get back to you, I'm just strarting doing them for the first time in awhile.

I was saying I was old cause everyone I know who was there would never even think of doing anything like that...
nasser=piece of shit

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2006, 05:04:37 AM »
330 for 3 what a beast!!!!Do you use the Swiss Ball for your functional strength and supplement that with Pilates to stay "limber"? Oh Brother gayer than WASSSSSSSSSSSSUP

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2006, 05:08:09 AM »
330 for 3 what a beast!!!!Do you use the Swiss Ball for your functional strength and supplement that with Pilates to stay "limber"? Oh Brother gayer than WASSSSSSSSSSSSUP

assuming that he is more less around 200lbs that is a decent number

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2006, 05:10:28 AM »

I coulda did more, we ran out of weights, I'm not a power lifter, never claimed to be.  No swiss ball or pilates either, your post serves no purpose, go back re-read some of the squads posts and come back with something with a little more substance next time.

I weighed about 190ish and that's all I did for a few weeks, once a week we'd bench just ot see how high we could go, only time i ever did that in my life.
nasser=piece of shit

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
  • WTF Happened, BBing Is Dead. I Didn't Miss A Thing
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2006, 05:10:32 AM »

Indeed, anyone who is less then 215 and above 5'9"-5'10" that does over 300lbs is in pretty good shape in my book.
I

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2006, 05:12:38 AM »
Indeed, anyone who is less then 215 and above 5'9"-5'10" that does over 300lbs is in pretty good shape in my book.

I'm 5'7ish...
nasser=piece of shit

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2006, 05:13:09 AM »
I weighed about 190ish and that's all I did for a few weeks, once a week we'd bench just ot see how high we could go, only time i ever did that in my life.

I bet with the help of science you could have worked your way up to 400lbs. It's tooooooo eazzy!!!
I

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2006, 05:20:18 AM »
I bet with the help of science you could have worked your way up to 400lbs. It's tooooooo eazzy!!!

I would concur my friend, the way that I approached it was all based around scientific information that I had gathered, there was no backward momentum, only forward progress, science would have it no other way.
nasser=piece of shit

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2006, 05:23:30 AM »
I coulda did more, we ran out of weights, I'm not a power lifter, never claimed to be.  No swiss ball or pilates either, your post serves no purpose, go back re-read some of the squads posts and come back with something with a little more substance next time.

HAHAHA Brutal Denial.

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2006, 05:27:53 AM »
HAHAHA Brutal Denial.

brutal 3rd string squad wanna be. 
nasser=piece of shit

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2006, 05:29:13 AM »

if he is not going on stage or getting paid for it doesn't make sense....

lol, at needing to do a cycle just to cross the street.

Tombo

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2006, 05:30:47 AM »
HAHAHA Brutal Denial.

oi yeah hes right you wannabe, shut up!

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2006, 05:33:22 AM »
if he is not going on stage or getting paid for it doesn't make sense....

lol, at needing to do a cycle just to cross the street.

it's an inside joke, remember the thread about adonis having to verify his lifts?  About that time I did a thread where I challenged everyone ot challenge me to verify any lift they claimed that I could do and I'd answer with "I'll post a video of myself thinking of deadlifting 225 for 128 reps and I'll use science to do it!!!!"  it's an ongoing joke....with Mike and me...
nasser=piece of shit

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2006, 05:39:39 AM »
HAHA so some Tinytit comes in moaning that he is getting old so to prove his manhood he put on a Lycra Leotard and "played" with a load of Kids and brags of being able to do handstands  ::) Do you have this guys poster on your wall?And I would get your estrogen levels checked.

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2006, 05:43:37 AM »
brutal 3rd string squad wanna be. 

db2431 has PMed several SQUAD members, including me, begging us to let him join the SQUAD. But we turned him down cause he's just a little bitch who tries a little tooooooooo hard to impress us. Sorry db - you're just an insignificant skidmark who'll never be good enough to join the SQUAD, no matter how much you beg us.

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2006, 05:45:43 AM »
HAHA so some Tinytit comes in moaning that he is getting old so to prove his manhood he put on a Lycra Leotard and "played" with a load of Kids and brags of being able to do handstands  ::) Do you have this guys poster on your wall?

it was just supposed to be for fun.  You've proven that you're pretty much 3rd rate squad trash recycling thier old bits but it just doesn't work for you.  Go over to the members portion of the board look up "sarcasm" or "mars" or even "berserk fury" and then come back with something original cause it just doesn't work.  You've proven that all your really capable of is riding other dudes coat tails, problem is when you say the stuff you sound like a moron, they kinda sound funny sometimes.  You just kinda suck, you've got over 900 posts and nobody knows who the fuck you are...why do you think that is?  Cause you contribute nothing, you just recycle other people's trash.

Now go fuck yourself...oh, yeah, that wasn't a meltdown, just the truth, you totally suck at this "squad" stuff and they should be ashamed that your trying to shoe horn yourself into thiere group.
nasser=piece of shit

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2006, 05:47:03 AM »
db2431 has PMed several SQUAD members, including me, begging us to let him join the SQUAD. But we turned him down cause he's just a little bitch who tries a little tooooooooo hard to impress us. Sorry db - you're just an insignificant skidmark who'll never be good enough to join the SQUAD, no matter how much you beg us.

ahhh.  the proof is in the pudding.  When a guy like kiwiol who I've never had an issue with says you suck, you suck, even  he says you don't belong, that's pathetic.  do yourself a favor db...just go the fuck away.
nasser=piece of shit

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2006, 05:47:43 AM »
it was just supposed to be for fun.  You've proven that you're pretty much 3rd rate squad trash recycling thier old bits but it just doesn't work for you.  Go over to the members portion of the board look up "sarcasm" or "mars" or even "berserk fury" and then come back with something original cause it just doesn't work.  You've proven that all your really capable of is riding other dudes coat tails, problem is when you say the stuff you sound like a moron, they kinda sound funny sometimes.  You just kinda suck, you've got over 900 posts and nobody knows who the f**k you are...why do you think that is?  Cause you contribute nothing, you just recycle other people's trash.

Now go f**k yourself...oh, yeah, that wasn't a meltdown, just the truth, you totally suck at this "squad" stuff and they should be ashamed that your trying to shoe horn yourself into thiere group.

EPIC MELTDOWN.I snapped a shot of "natural al" " getting ready to "play" with the kids.

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2006, 05:50:25 AM »
ahhh.  the proof is in the pudding.  When a guy like kiwiol who I've never had an issue with says you suck, you suck, even  he says you don't belong, that's pathetic.  do yourself a favor db...just go the f**k away.

db is just a regular's gimmick account that was obviously created solely to try and mimic the SQUAD and maybe even join it. He's started several threads in my board (the V) about the SQUAD, thinking we'd ask him to join us if he tried hard enough. Too bad for him we recognised that he's on par with the likes of Tomr and Shadow when it comes to making lame posts.

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2006, 05:52:12 AM »
it's an inside joke, remember the thread about adonis having to verify his lifts?  About that time I did a thread where I challenged everyone ot challenge me to verify any lift they claimed that I could do and I'd answer with "I'll post a video of myself thinking of deadlifting 225 for 128 reps and I'll use science to do it!!!!"  it's an ongoing joke....with Mike and me...

Yes with those same principles I used the getbig search engine just did my own research and found the thread of which you speak of, I then used my cursor moving device to cut and paste extraordinary memory to write out the link for the page. Now I will make a video to verify that I thought about making a video to verify all of this and post it on youtube, but if the video sucks or is blurry blame me the guy behind my gyms desk cause he doesn't know how to work a camera. NASA can confirm this though if you don't believe me as I work for them and sold them the rights to my nucleus mutating graviton suit which gives me other worldly strength at a bodyfat % of less then 0.0 which is the Greek ideal, can we say reincarnation. It's tooooo eazzy!!!!!!

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=103327.0
I

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2006, 05:52:58 AM »
db is just a regular's gimmick account that was obviously created solely to try and mimic the SQUAD and maybe even join it. He's started several threads in my board (the V) about the SQUAD, thinking we'd ask him to join us if he tried hard enough. Too bad for him we recognised that he's on par with the likes of Tomr and Shadow when it comes to making lame posts.

good for you guys, I don't always agree with what the squad does or what they stand for but most of them are pretty funny when the chips are down, once you start letting trash like this guy in then it just ruins the name and brings everything about the squad down.  keep up the good work with screening potential members and throwing the trash-db-to the curb.
nasser=piece of shit