Author Topic: Adonis, Seems like you're not out of the woods yet...  (Read 5221 times)

Alex23

Adonis, Seems like you're not out of the woods yet...
« on: December 13, 2006, 06:47:56 PM »
How's this case going?

http://www.musclemissions.org/public/146.cfm

Seems like Dennis is very happy to receive any kind of info to bulk up his case...

Allways happy to help a fellow business owner  8)

Mr. Intenseone

Re: Adonis, Seems like you're not out of the woods yet...
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2006, 06:56:29 PM »
http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=103172.0

Just tell us what the point of that link was......I don't think very many people are going to go through 25 pages of a thread!!

Alex23

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2006, 06:57:54 PM »
Just tell us what the point of that link was......I don't think very many people are going to go through 25 pages of a thread!!

Check the tittle dum-dum  8)

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2006, 07:01:51 PM »
Check the tittle dum-dum  8)

I saw that, but what does it have to do with the site you linked?  Damn, am I really that slow :'(??

Alex23

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2006, 07:10:00 PM »
I saw that, but what does it have to do with the site you linked?  Damn, am I really that slow :'(??

Intensenone... see Adonis as a fucktard Liberal who spilled  left wing shit for years.. and now it's time for campaigning... so all the shit he ever caused is now backwashing until he comes down on his knees and begs for mercy 8)

littlechris

• Getbig II
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2006, 07:16:40 PM »
i dont think there is a strong case against adonis.  mainly because one must prove that adonis knew that his info was false (if it in fact is false) and thus was intentionally trying to damage someone..  Its very hard to prove his intentions were malicious.  The same things dirty cops use when violating your rights, it's called doing something in "good faith".  One would have to go over this with a fine tooth comb to find malicious on adonis' part. Though I think this can be a very strong case if we can find malice.

-LC

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2006, 07:34:45 PM »
i dont think there is a strong case against adonis.  mainly because one must prove that adonis knew that his info was false (if it in fact is false) and thus was intentionally trying to damage someone..  Its very hard to prove his intentions were malicious.  The same things dirty cops use when violating your rights, it's called doing something in "good faith".  One would have to go over this with a fine tooth comb to find malicious on adonis' part. Though I think this can be a very strong case if we can find malice.

-LC

Exactly.

Stavios

« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2006, 07:39:04 PM »
 ::)

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
  • Life, death, in between is getbig.com
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2006, 07:51:17 PM »

-LC

that may be the case but Adonis just can't go around making comments like these without some indication of where he got his information.

Here comes the money shot

dzulboy

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Big hard and turbo charged
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2006, 07:53:50 PM »
I was just hoping someone would bump it up so we all ride TA's ass again.  ;D

Discuss.

Thats derrick anthooony's jobbbbb

Alex23

« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2006, 07:55:02 PM »
Exactly.

whatever happens on this particular case cockalicious, it's not really important. What counts is that the list keeps groin' and groin'... you're aren't untouchable, could be a job interview, a screening test, the mall... you never know...

A lot of things are getting pulled toghether... and not on your side... can barely keep up with the PM...

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2006, 08:08:22 PM »

-LC

he'd have to argue that he honestly thought it was true, in which case he'd have to come up with a source for his statements. it's hard to say "well i didn't know it was false" when you were the first person who said it.

adonis once molested a 13 year old girl in his high school bathroom, then blamed it on a member of the football team.

okay, now if adonis sues me for libel, how could i possibly argue that i thought that was true? i have no source, i have no evidence, and you can't find anyone who said it before me.

The Heckler

« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2006, 08:30:27 PM »
whatever happens on this particular case cockalicious, it's not really important. What counts is that the list keeps groin' and groin'... you're aren't untouchable, could be a job interview, a screening test, the mall... you never know...

A lot of things are getting pulled toghether... and not on your side... can barely keep up with the PM...

Alex23

« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2006, 08:38:35 PM »

Adam, care to share your account switching skills?

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2006, 08:39:53 PM »

i think you just have to log off, and then switch names.
Deep Tissue Massage

Rich Gainihger

« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2006, 08:44:11 PM »
i think you just have to log off, and then switch names.

hi bast, howarya

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2006, 08:46:00 PM »

you can do it if you have multiple browsers and the address of a proxy server or two. have firefox posting as one, get internet explorer fired up with the proxy server and post as another. that way the two can be signed in at the same time.

Alex23

« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2006, 08:50:16 PM »
you can do it if you have multiple browsers and the address of a proxy server or two. have firefox posting as one, get internet explorer fired up with the proxy server and post as another. that way the two can be signed in at the same time.

I was being sarcastic with the twat...

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2006, 08:51:38 PM »

I was being sarcastic with the twat...

oh i know. i was just illustrating a way he could be juggling multiple.

isn't it weird that tomr has stopped posting so much, now the heckler is becoming so much more active?

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2006, 08:53:35 PM »
Deep Tissue Massage

Miss Demeanor

• Getbig III
« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2006, 08:58:06 PM »
Exactly.

Nope, not exactly.

The case is hardly something that'd reward huge punitive damages even if it went to court (which I seriously doubt it ever will).  In that sense, it's nothing to get all worked up about.

However, LC is wrong about actual malice.  As a rule, that only applies to public figures.  See NYT v. Sullivan and Hustler Magazine, Inc. v. Falwell for clarification.  When the plaintiff is a private person, he/she usually only needs to demonstrate the defendant's negligence -- for example, using untrustworthy sources or misreading pertinent documents.  (Besideswhich, demonstrating malice isn't all that impossible.  Knowledge of falsity's only one way to do that.  Reckless disregard for truth is another.)

The Musclemissions webmaster wouldn't usually be considered a public figure.  Even trying to categorize him as a limited-purpose public fig could prove very difficult. 

How negligence is defined depends on the jurisdiction in which the suit's heard.  (That's a whole other can of worms.  Since the alleged defamation was "published" all over the USA on Getbig ... .) 

But the rest is pretty straight-forward.  MM is clearly identified, so it's "of and concerning" the plaintiff.  Publication -- definite check.  Defamatory?  Yep.  No question of that; Tru's statement is libel per se -- that is, "on its face," and he could never demonstrate that his statements are about a serious public concern.  Falsity?  I have no clue.  MM seems like a nutty person to me, but then, I wouldn't go shooting my mouth off about him hiring a hitman unless I had iron-clad proof  ::)

tomr1976

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2006, 08:59:12 PM »
isn't it weird that tomr has stopped posting so much

I haven't gone anywhere, Zach.  By the way, I believe that your bisexual side will be titillated by the proposition for man on man relations just posted on this board.  Go check it out.  ;)

Miss Demeanor

• Getbig III
« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2006, 09:10:19 PM »
he'd have to argue that he honestly thought it was true, in which case he'd have to come up with a source for his statements. it's hard to say "well i didn't know it was false" when you were the first person who said it.

adonis once molested a 13 year old girl in his high school bathroom, then blamed it on a member of the football team.

okay, now if adonis sues me for libel, how could i possibly argue that i thought that was true? i have no source, i have no evidence, and you can't find anyone who said it before me.

Right.  And "Someone else said it first!" is no defense in a defamation suit unless that source proves very reliable. 

Even if we assume MM was, by some miracle, considered a public figure, if Tru used an unreliable source, his case would be little different than Curtis Publishing Co v. Butts (well, aside from how the suit will never take place, that little if any punitive damages would be rewarded, etc. ;) ).  And we're not exactly talking about hot news items here, so forget about passing the Harlan test. 

Alex23

« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2006, 09:13:57 PM »
I haven't gone anywhere, Zach.  By the way, I believe that your bisexual side will be titillated by the proposition for man on man relations just posted on this board.  Go check it out.  ;)

Oh Hi Adam, on tomr1976 account now? Why aren't you calling me? Some little twat you turned out to be.. all that work and no play?