Author Topic: LEE HANEY VS DORIAN YATES!!!!!!!!!  (Read 30115 times)

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
LEE HANEY VS DORIAN YATES!!!!!!!!!
« on: February 14, 2007, 07:52:29 AM »
Lee wins discuss.
just push some weight!

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
Re: LEE HANEY VS DORIAN YATES!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2007, 07:53:55 AM »
Lee kills Dorian.
E

ThaRealist

• Getbig IV
  • Team REal LiFe
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2007, 08:09:06 AM »
I prefer Dorian, but Lee had a wasp waist, mass, and could hold a vacuum pose....
You Can't Do It!!!

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2007, 08:11:03 AM »
Yates had nothing on this.
just push some weight!

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2007, 08:12:05 AM »
Lee wins discuss.

Disagree with you on this one, champ. Lee couldn't hold Dorian's Jockstrap if we're comparing Dorian's 93 or 95 shape to any of Lee's shape.

UK Gold

• Getbig IV
  • Riding on the Getbig wind
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2007, 08:21:09 AM »
Dorian was ROBBED in 91 and Haney knew it. Thats why he retired. He couldn't handle the power and granite majesty of Yates.

The_Hammer

• Getbig V
  • President Barack Obama -- 2 Term U.S. President
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2007, 08:32:37 AM »
'95 Yates would rape Haney.  Neither man had good arms.

tweeter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2007, 08:36:05 AM »
What about Dorian vs. Ronnie? It would be interesting to hear some opinions on that.

flex933

• Getbig III
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2007, 09:18:20 AM »
what about arnold vs haney

natural al

• Getbig V
  • like it or don't, learn to live with it..whooooooo
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2007, 09:19:33 AM »
What about Dorian vs. Ronnie? It would be interesting to hear some opinions on that.

lol
nasser=piece of shit

Condor

• Getbig IV
  • Work Hard, Play Hard
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2007, 09:21:59 AM »
I personally like Lee's shape a lot better, but Dorian was more Dense and brought in the modern era.

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2007, 09:32:12 AM »
Yates is, was and always will be the greatest bodybuilder of all times 8)

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2007, 01:08:31 PM »
Dorian was ROBBED in 91 and Haney knew it. Thats why he retired. He couldn't handle the power and granite majesty of Yates.

He handled the "power and granite majesty of Yates" just fine....AND BEAT HIM. Haney retired because he had nothing left to prove. The only milestone left for him to reach was breaking Schwarzenegger's record. Once he did that (at Yates' expense), he simply took his ball and went home.

Disagree with you on this one, champ. Lee couldn't hold Dorian's Jockstrap if we're comparing Dorian's 93 or 95 shape to any of Lee's shape.

If Haney and Yates are around the same size (as they were in '91), Haney wins hands down, as he has better shape and proportions. I remember reading somewhere about Haney mentioning that, when his bodyweight was over 250, the judges warned him that his shape and proportions were being jeapordized. So, he brought his bodyweight down.

His best look was in low-to-mid 240s. With Haney, there was no question of size vs. shape. Haney beat his competition with BOTH.

Wombat

• Getbig IV
  • Your name tattooed to my ass!
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2007, 01:14:12 PM »
If Haney would have went down the road that yates did...Haney would have won 15  olympias...Haney didn't use half the garbage that Yates had to use...Shawn Ray is another...If he decided to really go to the dark side, Ray would have competed in the 230 to 240 range and would have easily won many olympias...

pobrecito

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2007, 01:20:26 PM »
Haney knew it was all over for him and he got very, very lucky to beat Yates in 91....Yates beat Haney in muscularity despite being 11lbs lighter. What does that tell you? It tells you Dorian ass-raped Haney in conditioning and density as a fucking rookie.

karasan

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2007, 01:24:58 PM »
'95 Yates would rape Haney.  Neither man had good arms.

Dorian had some serious arms!
He had no biceps, so Arnold didn't have triceps...
Dorian had best set of triceps-branchilis and sick forearms...

rudylrichards

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2007, 02:07:17 PM »
He handled the "power and granite majesty of Yates" just fine....AND BEAT HIM. Haney retired because he had nothing left to prove. The only milestone left for him to reach was breaking Schwarzenegger's record. Once he did that (at Yates' expense), he simply took his ball and went home.

If Haney and Yates are around the same size (as they were in '91), Haney wins hands down, as he has better shape and proportions. I remember reading somewhere about Haney mentioning that, when his bodyweight was over 250, the judges warned him that his shape and proportions were being jeapordized. So, he brought his bodyweight down.
Agreed. haney all the way. 
His best look was in low-to-mid 240s. With Haney, there was no question of size vs. shape. Haney beat his competition with BOTH.
Agreed.  Dorian was Mr Olympia once he turned around.  From the front he was vonerably.  Haney was untouchable from the front and had a better upper back than Dorian. 

Wombat

• Getbig IV
  • Your name tattooed to my ass!
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2007, 02:11:58 PM »
Haney knew it was all over for him and he got very, very lucky to beat Yates in 91....Yates beat Haney in muscularity despite being 11lbs lighter. What does that tell you? It tells you Dorian ass-raped Haney in conditioning and density as a fucking rookie.

The truth is Lee didn't want to do what Dorian and some other guys were doing...Thats why he left...It really had nothing to do with Dorian the bodybuilder but just the fact that he knew what some of these guys were pumping in their system and he truly didn't want to go down that road...

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2007, 02:15:06 PM »
regardless if Lee didnt want to do the same things as Dorian. Dorian was superior. ive never really seen to many impressive pictures of Lee. and even less of his legs. and no way was Lee's upper back better than Dorains.

rudylrichards

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2007, 02:32:46 PM »
Dorian wasn't superior the year they competed  ;D. I don't have any pics of them together from the back. Maybe alex does. Haney's back was much more detailed. Not taking anything away from Dorian (the best calves I've ever saw) but haney was better

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2007, 02:45:30 PM »
Dorian wasn't superior the year they competed  ;D. I don't have any pics of them together from the back. Maybe alex does. Haney's back was much more detailed. Not taking anything away from Dorian (the best calves I've ever saw) but haney was better

thats a weak rebutle, who do you think would have won between the two in 1992?
   im sure the majority would say Dorain. again not many impressive pictures of Haney and much less of his legs. someone got good pics of Haneys legs?

Sergio Rules 77

• Getbig III
  • Sergio can split the atom. With his bare hands.
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2007, 02:51:43 PM »
If we're basing it on best ever condition, then Dorian wins for his 1993 condition. However, if we're talking about who's the best bodybuilder and who came in the best condition, year after year, then Lee wins hands down. Lee's the 3rd best bodybuilder of all time IMO. Also, had Lee shown up in '92 with the same condition he showed in '91, I've got no doubt that he would have won.

Why didn't I think of that :(.

SERGIO!!!!
Ugh, my retirement grease

The_Hammer

• Getbig V
  • President Barack Obama -- 2 Term U.S. President
« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2007, 04:43:20 PM »
The bottom line is that in '91 Dorian over dieted and would have beaten Haney if he came in 1992 shape.  Haney had a great back, but Dorian's was much superior.  Nobody will ever match Dorian's upper back, not even Ronnie...

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2007, 04:45:52 PM »
I much prefer Lee Haney's back and whole physique. He was the ultimate package. His waist must have been bellow 30 inches and Dorian's waist was about 37-45 inches.
just push some weight!

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2007, 04:51:04 PM »
I much prefer Lee Haney's back and whole physique. He was the ultimate package. His waist must have been bellow 30 inches and Dorian's waist was about 37-45 inches.

Haney had a 31" waist at his best