Author Topic: LEE HANEY VS DORIAN YATES!!!!!!!!!  (Read 30114 times)

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
  • Thought is the arrow of time; memory never fades.
Re: LEE HANEY VS DORIAN YATES!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #50 on: February 15, 2007, 11:17:01 AM »
Iv'e tried every protocol there is, they are all the same.

I put on the most size when I stopped snorting coke. Honestly

;D

so you think working a body part once a week is enough?

Your MAAAAaaaa

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • GETBIGS MINISTER OF SEXUAL HEALTH
« Reply #51 on: February 15, 2007, 11:17:36 AM »
What about Dorian vs. Ronnie? It would be interesting to hear some opinions on that.

please don't encourage them!!! ha ha

ta ta
Pm me for STI advice @ NO COST

Buttsuck

• Getbig IV
« Reply #52 on: February 15, 2007, 11:18:07 AM »

Hahahah this guy snorts coke and has a 40 inch waist. Now i have seen everything. Worst genetics EVER.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #53 on: February 15, 2007, 11:19:59 AM »
;D

so you think working a body part once a week is enough?

MY split hits them once every 5 days

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
  • Thought is the arrow of time; memory never fades.
« Reply #54 on: February 15, 2007, 11:23:27 AM »
MY split hits them once every 5 days

ok, understood. the "platz" split i believe...if i remember that thread correctly

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #55 on: February 15, 2007, 11:25:26 AM »
ok, understood. the "platz" split i believe...if i remember that thread correctly

YUP.

Great minds think alike.

Someone probably thought of it before him too. It makes sense

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #56 on: February 15, 2007, 11:40:41 AM »
  This is the stupidest post ever. He would have defeated Yates but not the other competitors of the 1990s? That's non-sensical, since Dorian defeated all the other competitors of the 1990s, which by your logic would imply that Dorian would defeat Haney to.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

thanks Suckmymuscle; exactly.....

people post pictures comparing the two both in their primes. its not even close. Haney was beating people that used to compete with Arnold for heavens sake , thats not a compliment, they were old and had not adjusted to the new era of size and a complete package. Dorain was competing against guys like wheeler, ray, labarada, dillet, clairemont, matarazzo, baker, cortrell, levrone when they were all in their primes. 
  again post pictures of the two. from the bottom half down Haney looks like a national level competitor compared to Dorian. and the thread will end there.

rudylrichards

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #57 on: February 15, 2007, 03:00:25 PM »

thanks Suckmymuscle; exactly.....

people post pictures comparing the two both in their primes. its not even close. Haney was beating people that used to compete with Arnold for heavens sake , thats not a compliment, they were old and had not adjusted to the new era of size and a complete package. Dorain was competing against guys like wheeler, ray, labarada, dillet, clairemont, matarazzo, baker, cortrell, levrone when they were all in their primes. 
  again post pictures of the two. from the bottom half down Haney looks like a national level competitor compared to Dorian. and the thread will end there.
Haney also competed against Labrada and shawn in their prime.  If it wasn't for Haney, Gaspari and labara would have been 3 x Mr olympias and even bigger legends than they are now.  All the Zane fans would be considering Labrada the greatest Olympia ever.  Yates would've had a much tougher time with Labrada than any of the other guys on that list simply because he was just as consistant.  Flex was never able to peak at the O. Shawn wasn't as hard as th judges probably would have wanted. Nasser's back was simply not there. Kevin Peaked his 1st Olympia but was probably a bit too small.  He was much bigger the other years but wasn't as tight.  If any of those guys werer able to consistantly peak like Dorian was able to or Labrada would have been able to, I think either one of them could have beaten him.  I think part of the judging at the O is biased towards someone who cold be consistant. So even the yrs when Shawn & kevin arguably should have won, the judges didn't give it to them because they were not consistant. I don't think they would have had that poblem giving it to labrada

I know Labrada competed 2 or 3 times during Dorians reign, but he peaked  a few yrs earlier against Haney. Clairmont, matarrazo and Cotrell all had great physiues but does not belong on that lists.

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #58 on: February 15, 2007, 03:51:06 PM »

Haney never competed agaisnt Shawn when he was in his prime. taking that into consideration youre left with Gaspari and Labrada who did lose to Haney in their prime. but who else was there? Gapari would not beat Wheeler or Levrone in their primes. that leaves Labrada, if Shawn or Wheeler couldnt beat Dorian when they were at their best as much as i like Labradas' physique i dont think the judges would give him the win. the level of compitition was much more competitive in Dorian's era. i cant think of too many competitors who competed against Haney, it was before my time but i have seen pictures. and they dont compare to the guys i mentioned previously.
and if your talking about consistancy no one was more consistant than Shawn. you can point out Nassers,Shawn,Leverones and everyone elses flaws but the guys that Haney competed against has larger and more evident flaws. the pictures are the proof.

delta9mda

• Getbig V
  • Team Pussy Claad/ ya know I'm sayin?
« Reply #59 on: February 15, 2007, 05:14:10 PM »
Dorian wasn't superior the year they competed  ;D. I don't have any pics of them together from the back. Maybe alex does. Haney's back was much more detailed. Not taking anything away from Dorian (the best calves I've ever saw) but haney was better
i was there. you dont know what you are talking about.

delta9mda

• Getbig V
  • Team Pussy Claad/ ya know I'm sayin?
« Reply #60 on: February 15, 2007, 05:17:58 PM »
is this gonna go for 963 pages?  :o

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #61 on: February 15, 2007, 08:52:49 PM »
Haney vs Dorian?

I'd go with Haney.

Volume Haney
Definition Haney
Biceps Haney
Triceps Haney
Shoulders Haney
Traps Haney
Chest Haney
Back Equal
Hams Dorian
Quads Dorian
Abs Dorian
Calves Dorian
Posing Haney
Charisma Haney

I think that Dorian had better delts and triceps than Haney....I have watched the 1991 Mr O video many times and that my opinion.

Their backs and biceps were equal. Yates won on forearms.

Haney won on midsection and pecs.

Dorian won on hams, calves, and quads.

Lee won on posing.

It was a very, very close show. They were both head and shoulders above the rest of the pack.

If only Gary Strydom was allowed to enter that year....we would have seen a freak show betwen the top 3. Gary crushed everybody at the 1991 WBF show about 2 months earlier

That was the year bodybuilding got kicked into high gear.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #62 on: February 16, 2007, 03:52:43 AM »
Haney knew it was all over for him and he got very, very lucky to beat Yates in 91....Yates beat Haney in muscularity despite being 11lbs lighter. What does that tell you? It tells you Dorian ass-raped Haney in conditioning and density as a fucking rookie.

First, Haney and Yates were just over 240 which, as I said earlier, gives Haney the advantage (better shape and proportions).

Second, even if Yates won the muscularity round, Haney won the rest, thus giving him the victory.

Third, although it was Yates' first Olympia, Yates was NOT a rookie. He competed in 1990 Night of Champions and placed second to Mohammed Benaziza. Yates opted not to compete in the Olympia that year.

Haney's retirement has NOTHING to do with his being "scared" of Yates. He had one thing left to accomplish: Breaking Arnold Schwarzenegger's record. He did that and retired on top of his game.

TestDummy

• Getbig IV
  • 5%
« Reply #63 on: February 16, 2007, 04:00:06 AM »
Yates had nothing on this.

Monster lats.

Dballn247

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • That's how I roll.
« Reply #64 on: February 16, 2007, 04:01:49 AM »
If Haney would have went down the road that yates did...Haney would have won 15  olympias...Haney didn't use half the garbage that Yates had to use...Shawn Ray is another...If he decided to really go to the dark side, Ray would have competed in the 230 to 240 range and would have easily won many olympias...

So are you trying to say that Haney was a natural?  Drugs are Drugs.  If someone has a better combo more props to them.

The last O was a gift to haney.  I look the look of Lee, however he did not have the same type of conditioning that Dorian brought.  BB has reverted to the pre yates days.  Haney would have a better shot against todays pros.  They are all kind of...soft.
\

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #65 on: February 16, 2007, 05:09:48 AM »
First, Haney and Yates were just over 240 which, as I said earlier, gives Haney the advantage (better shape and proportions).

Second, even if Yates won the muscularity round, Haney won the rest, thus giving him the victory.

Third, although it was Yates' first Olympia, Yates was NOT a rookie. He competed in 1990 Night of Champions and placed second to Mohammed Benaziza. Yates opted not to compete in the Olympia that year.

Haney's retirement has NOTHING to do with his being "scared" of Yates. He had one thing left to accomplish: Breaking Arnold Schwarzenegger's record. He did that and retired on top of his game.

Haney was 249 pounds in 1991 and Yates was 239 pounds thats a 10 pound difference

Yates did win the muscularity rounds and Haney won the other rounds

Dorian was very much a rookie the 1991 Mr Olympia was only his third pro contest and his first Olympia

Haney really didn't retire because of Yates he accomplished everything he wanted and he retied undefeated , if Haney equaled his condition in 91 and entered in 1992 I think he could have beat the package Dorian showed , 1993 Dorian would have beat Haney

210 and growing

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #66 on: February 16, 2007, 05:16:53 AM »

i definately agree with this - not least because it kills my appetite stone dead. I used to go whole wkends virtually without eating and would lose like 6lbs in 2 days when i got back to the gym. Glad i knocked that sh it on the head

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #67 on: February 16, 2007, 07:55:24 AM »
Haney was 249 pounds in 1991 and Yates was 239 pounds thats a 10 pound difference

Dorian was very much a rookie the 1991 Mr Olympia was only his third pro contest and his first Olympia

Haney really didn't retire because of Yates he accomplished everything he wanted and he retied undefeated , if Haney equaled his condition in 91 and entered in 1992 I think he could have beat the package Dorian showed , 1993 Dorian would have beat Haney

Haney was listed at 245; Yates hovered around that same weight (give or take a pound).

Orlando, Florida, was the site of the 1991 Mr. Olympia. Haney was going for eight in a row, but for the first time he was up against a man who was the same height (5'11") and weight (245 pounds) in Dorian Yates, the Beast from Britain. Four points separated them after two rounds, but Haney pulled away in rounds three and four to seize his eighth championship in a row.

http://mrolympia.altervista.org/history2.html

Dorian's rookie pro season was 1990; therefore, he wasn't a rookie in 1991. He could have competed at the 1990 Mr. Olympia (as he qualified by placing second at the '90 NOC) but chose not to do so. He won NOC in 1991 and enter that year's Olympia, making it his SECOND year as a pro.

As for Haney, though he did retire on top, he did not retired undefeated. His Olympia debut was 1983, when he placed third behind Mohammed Makkaway and Samir Bannout (1983 Mr. O).

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #68 on: February 16, 2007, 08:10:05 AM »
Haney was listed at 245; Yates hovered around that same weight (give or take a pound).

Orlando, Florida, was the site of the 1991 Mr. Olympia. Haney was going for eight in a row, but for the first time he was up against a man who was the same height (5'11") and weight (245 pounds) in Dorian Yates, the Beast from Britain. Four points separated them after two rounds, but Haney pulled away in rounds three and four to seize his eighth championship in a row.

http://mrolympia.altervista.org/history2.html

Dorian's rookie pro season was 1990; therefore, he wasn't a rookie in 1991. He could have competed at the 1990 Mr. Olympia (as he qualified by placing second at the '90 NOC) but chose not to do so. He won NOC in 1991 and enter that year's Olympia, making it his SECOND year as a pro.

As for Haney, though he did retire on top, he did not retired undefeated. His Olympia debut was 1983, when he placed third behind Mohammed Makkaway and Samir Bannout (1983 Mr. O).

I have the Muscle & Fitness coverage of the Olympia and its lists Haney's weight at 249 pounds

Here is the screen capture from the 1991 Mr Olympia , clearly says Dorian was 239 pounds

Seeing Dorian was at his first O he was an Olympia-Rookie and it was still only his 3rd professional contest

and Haney was undefeated as a Mr Olympia I didn't mean as a Pro

The_Hammer

• Getbig V
  • President Barack Obama -- 2 Term U.S. President
« Reply #69 on: February 16, 2007, 08:22:58 AM »
'91 was Haney's best year too.  Dorian had better conditioning.

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #70 on: February 16, 2007, 10:51:18 AM »

put up pics showing both of them through out their career, Dorian was better. he competed against better compitition. Haney had no legs,calves and hamstrings. Haneys conditioning was not on the same level as Dorian. i dont even like Dorian and its obvious to me.

rudylrichards

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #71 on: February 16, 2007, 10:55:12 AM »
i was there. you dont know what you are talking about.
The fact that you were there doesn't mean i don't know what i'm talking about.  I probaly know more than you.  We have a difference of opinion.  I'll never be convinced you're right & I don't think I'll ever convince you I'm right.  That fact that you were there means you're even more delusional that most who share your opinion  ;D.  You witnessed the obvious first hand and refuse to admit it. 

Since you were there, I assume you remember the crowd chanting "beef, beef, beef..." everytime haney moved and giving him a standing ovasion when Haney's won.  My point, there were/are ALOT of other people who were there, just like you that agreed/agrees with me.

rudylrichards

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #72 on: February 16, 2007, 11:13:26 AM »

very objective post

flex933

• Getbig III
« Reply #73 on: February 16, 2007, 11:15:32 AM »
i agree, im not a dorian fan but i think he was a bit better than haney.

Wombat

• Getbig IV
  • Your name tattooed to my ass!
« Reply #74 on: February 17, 2007, 09:51:50 PM »
So are you trying to say that Haney was a natural?  Drugs are Drugs.  If someone has a better combo more props to them.

The last O was a gift to haney.  I look the look of Lee, however he did not have the same type of conditioning that Dorian brought.  BB has reverted to the pre yates days.  Haney would have a better shot against todays pros.  They are all kind of...soft.

no im not saying that Haney was natural but everyone knew what Dorian was doing...Haney himself has said that he didn't want to push his body like that...If Haney would have played around with all the GH/slin/oil and or escline that yates was known to be using, i have no doubt that Haney could have kept on winning...I don't know if Haney could have ever been as dry as Yates though...