Author Topic: LEE HANEY VS DORIAN YATES!!!!!!!!!  (Read 30452 times)

The_Hammer

• Getbig V
  • President Barack Obama -- 2 Term U.S. President
Re: LEE HANEY VS DORIAN YATES!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2007, 04:53:31 PM »
Dorian was just plain bigger with better conditioning.  Other than maybe the chest, Haney has nothing on Dorian.

dantelis

• Getbig IV
  • Mesmerizing, isn't it.
« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2007, 04:54:11 PM »
...Dorian was more Dense and brought in the modern era.

And that's a good thing??!!??  ???

AVBG

« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2007, 04:56:25 PM »
Haney is awesome! IMO the greatest

Condor

• Getbig IV
  • Work Hard, Play Hard
« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2007, 07:42:02 PM »
And that's a good thing??!!??  ???

Had to give him some credit, but that's about it.

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2007, 08:05:09 PM »
Lee was great....but everybody back in 1991 knew that Yates was closing in on Haney. Lee did the wise thing and retired because he probably would have been beaten by Yates in 1992...and if not...definately in 1993.

Haney would have had a very hard time with Levrone and Wheeler too.

rudylrichards

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2007, 10:18:34 PM »
  thats a weak rebutle, who do you think would have won between the two in 1992?
   im sure the majority would say Dorain. again not many impressive pictures of Haney and much less of his legs. someone got good pics of Haneys legs?
No it wasn't.  I think Haney would have won easily in '92 just like he did in '91. it's not as if Dorian made a huge jump from 91-92.  He looked better in 91 when he took 2nd than he did in 92 when he won. I thought Shawn should have won.

I can't see how Yates could have beaten Haney any year except MAYBE 93. but definately not 92.

rudylrichards

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #31 on: February 14, 2007, 10:25:41 PM »
Lee was great....but everybody back in 1991 knew that Yates was closing in on Haney. Lee did the wise thing and retired because he probably would have been beaten by Yates in 1992...and if not...definately in 1993.

Haney would have had a very hard time with Levrone and Wheeler too.
Labrada and Ray pushed wheeler and Levrone to their limits. You could have a never ending debate as to who was beter between those four.  When Haney competed against Ray and Labrada and he was on, It wasn't really close.  How do you figure he would've had a hard time with them

Beefjake

• Getbig IV
  • Oh fuck it.
« Reply #32 on: February 14, 2007, 10:36:58 PM »
Lee was a great champion in the ´80s.
As it is often said before Dorian brough a change. V-taper wasn't pursued with sacrificing mass anymore and you needed to have wheels as well.
Not that Lee doesn't have legs I would kill for but thats where pre-Dorian era guys fall behind.
Legs and Back.

Of course you had Platz there back then. Just goes on to show how leg size wasn't emphasized. Competitors build their bodies as they feel would please the judges.

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #33 on: February 14, 2007, 11:01:34 PM »
Labrada and Ray pushed wheeler and Levrone to their limits. You could have a never ending debate as to who was beter between those four.  When Haney competed against Ray and Labrada and he was on, It wasn't really close.  How do you figure he would've had a hard time with them

because Levrone and Wheeler were closer to Haney's size.

Haney245lb  had: shawn 200lb, labrada 190lb, Gaspari 200lb, and Taylor 210lb to worry about in he late 80's through 1991

Guys like Levrone 235lb and wheeler 220lb would have been tough for Lee.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #34 on: February 15, 2007, 05:02:18 AM »
Haney vs Dorian?

I'd go with Haney.

Volume Haney
Definition Equal
Biceps Haney
Triceps Haney
Shoulders Haney
Traps Haney
Chest Haney
Back Equal
Hams Dorian
Quads Dorian
Abs Dorian
Calves Dorian
Posing Haney
Charisma Haney
Z

suckmymuscle

« Reply #35 on: February 15, 2007, 06:41:22 AM »
  Haney deeated Dorian at the 1991 Olympia basically due to better symmetry, structure and presentation. He convincingly won the symmetry round and there goes 50% of the points. Lee's waist was smaller and he had more classical proportions than Dorian, and that gave him the symmetry round. This is what Yates had to say about his 1991 Olympia battle with Haney:

"I feel that Lee's presentation and experience were much superior to mine at the time. Physically, his pecs were thicker and his back probably better."

On Haney's retirement:

"It was the right thing to do. I would have done the exact same thing if I were in his place. It's a shame, because I would have loved a rematch"

On what would have happened if Lee would have done battle with him at next year's Olympia:

"I feel that Lee would have probably lost. I think I brought a higher level of physique in 1992, that was on a higher level than what Lee ever brought"

SUCKMYMUSCLE

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
  • Thought is the arrow of time; memory never fades.
« Reply #36 on: February 15, 2007, 06:48:11 AM »
haney would have continued to beat yates if he brought his legs up to 90s standards.

not sure haney could handle the other top names of the 90s tho...

yates deserved maybe one of his 6 sandows. he was an awesome bodybuilder tho, before he started to self destruct.

suckmymuscle

« Reply #37 on: February 15, 2007, 07:15:04 AM »
haney would have continued to beat yates if he brought his legs up to 90s standards.

not sure haney could handle the other top names of the 90s tho...

yates deserved maybe one of his 6 sandows. he was an awesome bodybuilder tho, before he started to self destruct.

This is the stupidest post ever. He would have defeated Yates but not the other competitors of the 1990s? That's non-sensical, since Dorian defeated all the other competitors of the 1990s, which by your logic would imply that Dorian would defeat Haney to.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: February 15, 2007, 07:23:45 AM »
  This is the stupidest post ever. He would have defeated Yates but not the other competitors of the 1990s? That's non-sensical, since Dorian defeated all the other competitors of the 1990s, which by your logic would imply that Dorian would defeat Haney to.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

no. dorian should have only won one mr o at the most. he was a great bodybuilder. but shawn and levrone should have beaten him several times. so there is logic in the post. nasser beat him in 1997. he wasnt even in the top 3 several times in my opinion. so yes haney would have beaten him but haney would have had problems with levrone and ray etc.

free your mind.

suckmymuscle

« Reply #39 on: February 15, 2007, 07:30:20 AM »
no. dorian should have only won one mr o at the most. he was a great bodybuilder. but shawn and levrone should have beaten him several times. so there is logic in the post. nasser beat him in 1997. he wasnt even in the top 3 several times in my opinion. so yes haney would have beaten him but haney would have had problems with levrone and ray etc.

free your mind.

That's your opinion. The fact is that none of these men defeated Dorian, so saying that Haney would defeat Dorian but not them simply wouldn't happen according to the I.F.B.B judges.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Mr. Michael Moore

• Getbig IV
  • A pretty good weight, for a small woman !
« Reply #40 on: February 15, 2007, 07:36:41 AM »
Once and for all, to all of Yates' detractors, the difference between Doz and his oponents was day and night. Only those few fortunate who could actually see Yates in action at the Olympia, in comparison with the other athletes can atest to his superiority. A lot of reports stand that pictures do not do justice to Yates. The guy could not have the most beautiful physique - and I'm glad for that - and he sure had his flaws - his arms were his major weakness, even acknowledge by the man himself - but you can't desregard a spotless conditioning at every single Olympia that he entered, grained look, overall conditioning much better than THOSE ONSTAGE at that same single night. Shawn, Kevin, Wheeler all had BEAUTIFUL structure blessed with small waists, but that doesn't mean the BEST body for a bodybuilding standard. ALL of those athletes presented an emaciated look came Olympia time, maybe with the exception of Ray (but not good enough to rival Yates' own conditioning) and you can't be Mr. Olympia sporting a subcutaneous cover of water, but you can be Mr. Olympia with a weak biceps IF you can hide that weakness, something you can't do when you look soft.

In the end, when the tallies are totalled up, all that metters is subtracting the flaws form your strong points, and if the final result is a positive number, superior than your oponents, you got yourself an Olympia. That's how Yates beat them up every single year. ;)
Train forever !

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: February 15, 2007, 07:37:14 AM »
  That's your opinion. The fact is that none of these men defeated Dorian, so saying that Haney would defeat Dorian but not them simply wouldn't happen according to the I.F.B.B judges.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

you dont understand that it would have been a different competition if you added haney with bigger legs into the 90s mix. its like tennis : if A beats B and C beats A, B can beat C. also bodybuilding is about standards and what standard you care compared to..(just look at the downfall of the great nasser)

its my opinion correct but its the opinion of many that yates didnt deserv most of the mr Olympias. does that mean that yates sucked? no he was great but his wide waist and fucked up arms shouldnt be overlooked. you shouldnt be able to win a mr o with arms looking like that.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #42 on: February 15, 2007, 07:53:38 AM »
A lot of reports stand that pictures do not do justice to Yates.

This is true, I can't expalin why, but it's true nonetheless.

I look at pics of Yates posted here and he really does look unimpressive in some shots, espcially the closed hand most muscular.  I've even seen pics from contests that I've attended that make it look much closer than it actually was.

The truth is, in person, he blew these guys away.  I see pics from the 96 O where Nasser looks to have substantially closed the gap, but in person, it wasn't the case.  Yes, they looked close from the front, but the disparity from the back was enormous.  Not even close.  The superiority just doesn't translate into photos, for whatever reason.
Y

suckmymuscle

« Reply #43 on: February 15, 2007, 08:47:20 AM »
you dont understand that it would have been a different competition if you added haney with bigger legs into the 90s mix. its like tennis : if A beats B and C beats A, B can beat C. also bodybuilding is about standards and what standard you care compared to..(just look at the downfall of the great nasser)

its my opinion correct but its the opinion of many that yates didnt deserv most of the mr Olympias. does that mean that yates sucked? no he was great but his wide waist and fucked up arms shouldnt be overlooked. you shouldnt be able to win a mr o with arms looking like that.

My critique of your post is simply the identification of a flawed logical deduction that you made: since Dorian easily defeated Kevin and Shawn, saying that Dorian would defeat Haney but not the other two makes no sense vis-a-vis the way the I.F.B.B judges judge contests. This was a flawed deduction on your part. All the rest of your post is simply your opinion, which has no bearing on a hypothetical contest with all these men would pan out.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: February 15, 2007, 08:51:00 AM »
  My critique of your post is simply the identification of a flawed logical deduction that you made: since Dorian easily defeated Kevin and Shawn, saying that Dorian would defeat Haney but not the other two makes no sense vis-a-vis the way the I.F.B.B judges judge contests. This was a flawed deduction on your part. All the rest of your post is simply your opinion, which has no bearing on a hypothetical contest with all these men would pan out.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

lol the so called deduction was based on my opinion so in that sence it was logical. and many people agree that ray and levrone should have beaten yates. so should have nasser in 97.

so hypothetically speaking you can go and suck on a pee popsicle  :-*

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #45 on: February 15, 2007, 09:03:16 AM »
If lee Haney stayed competive and played the mass game (chemically)  he would be bigger than Dorian with better lines. He simply had better genetics

Mr. Michael Moore

• Getbig IV
  • A pretty good weight, for a small woman !
« Reply #46 on: February 15, 2007, 09:10:26 AM »
If lee Haney stayed competive and played the mass game (chemically)  he would be bigger than Dorian with better lines. He simply had better genetics

Well, Chris Cormier and Flex Wheeler were prime examples of 1st class rate genetics, much alike Haney's, competed at the same chemically enhanced era of Yates and could not hold the jockstrap Yates covered his mushroom head and eggs with!! ;)
Train forever !

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: February 15, 2007, 09:14:19 AM »
Well, Chris Cormier and Flex Wheeler were prime examples of 1st class rate genetics, much alike Haney's, competed at the same chemically enhanced era of Yates and could not hold the jockstrap Yates covered his mushroom head and eggs with!! ;)

I personally think they were both better at times. Cormier could have beat everyone if he had Dorian's dedication

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: February 15, 2007, 11:00:00 AM »
groink how did you workout during the period when you added the most mass?

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: February 15, 2007, 11:15:30 AM »
groink how did you workout during the period when you added the most mass?

Iv'e tried every protocol there is, they are all the same.

I put on the most size when I stopped snorting coke. Honestly