Author Topic: Was all this gang violence in Iraq happening when Saddam was in power?  (Read 9326 times)

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
Until the recent crackdown on the anarchy that was Baghdad it wasn't uncommon to find 40 or more dead bodies in the streets excluding the bombings. Where were these gangs and this violence before we occupied? These savages must have been thrilled when Saddam was toppled. 

Check out this small excerpt from the article.

BAGHDAD, Iraq (AP) - As a military offensive seeks to bring Baghdad from the brink of anarchy, a top Iraqi security officer tried Friday to measure its early stages using the grim logic of a place with daily bloodshed: by counting the bodies arriving at the morgue.

A total of 10 corpses were collected off the streets - apparently all victims of the city's lawless jumble of gang justice and sectarian payback. The daily body tally recently has often been 40 or more, excluding major bombings, said Brig. Gen. Qassim Moussawi.

http://apnews1.iwon.com/article/20070216/D8NB27G00.html

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
Re: Was all this gang violence in Iraq happening when Saddam was in power?
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2007, 02:22:28 PM »
One thing is for sure:

You could go to the local market with your family without worrying about a BOMB blowing up and killing you children.

THANKS   BUSH,  you assclown.

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2007, 02:27:51 PM »
One thing is for sure:

You could go to the local market with your family without worrying about a BOMB blowing up and killing you children.

That 40+ number of dead bodies a day EXCLUDED bombing victims. WTF, that must be a fun way to live.

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2007, 02:30:14 PM »
Pretty sad they start a scientific measure within hours after a mission, monster scientific reasoning  :-X  ::)

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2007, 02:31:31 PM »
What needs to be done to restore order are brutal things we refuse to do, things we just put Saddam to death for doing.  But guess what, folks?  That's the only thing that works and the only thing people respect in an enviornment like the middle east.  We can't go in there and "police" like we're patrolling the streets of American suburbia... we need to take the first fuccker who steps out of line, chop his dick off, then rape his daughters and kill his entire family while forcing him to watch, burn his house down, and finally gouge his eyes out, afterwhich we set him free to serve as a warning to others.  Of course we'll never do that, so maybe we should put an Iraqi leader in power who will?  Otherwise, this chaos and disorder will never end. The fucckers need to be scared, and they're just not scared of us.
Ron: "I am lazy."

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2007, 02:33:52 PM »
Damn, we sure are helping them.

What pisses me off is that some people will just blame the Iraqis. I know most of them aren't open minded saints, but they shouldn't have this kind of life.

Of course we'll never do that, so maybe we should put an Iraqi leader in power who will?  Otherwise, this chaos and disorder will never end. The fucckers need to be scared, and they're just not scared of us.

Yep.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2007, 02:50:54 PM »
What needs to be done to restore order are brutal things we refuse to do, things we just put Saddam to death for doing.  But guess what, folks?  That's the only thing that works and the only thing people respect in an enviornment like the middle east.  We can't go in there and "police" like we're patrolling the streets of American suburbia... we need to take the first fuccker who steps out of line, chop his dick off, then rape his daughters and kill his entire family while forcing him to watch, burn his house down, and finally gouge his eyes out, afterwhich we set him free to serve as a warning to others.  Of course we'll never do that, so maybe we should put an Iraqi leader in power who will?  Otherwise, this chaos and disorder will never end. The fucckers need to be scared, and they're just not scared of us.

You and I think alike on this.... I've been saying for a couple of years now that they shoulda put Saddam back in charge. (or someone ruthless like him)

He understood that their society was defined by strength and he promoted that by showing his strength.

His people didn't get out of line and they didn't cause problems... If they did, he took care of it.

I love how we talk about freedom for these people... Don't you think that some people can not HANDLE freedom and need to be ruled with an iron fist?

It certainly would seem so in this instance.

mightymouse72

• Getbig III
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2007, 03:11:34 PM »
One thing is for sure:

you're right!!

bush is strapping bombs to some local iraqi kids as you post.

::)
W

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2007, 04:14:34 PM »

I wouldn't worry too much...  Bush will probably forget to arm them or something.
Ron: "I am lazy."

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2007, 04:22:51 PM »
you're right!!

No, he's not, but he our attack on that country has now enabled kids to HAVE the exploding backpacks that they did not have before.

mightymouse72

• Getbig III
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2007, 04:40:06 PM »
W

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2007, 04:42:41 PM »
i know
tell ozmo that

I am inherently agreeing with him on his point that without Bush, there wouldn't be kids in Iraq blowing shit up.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2007, 04:45:54 PM »
Goat = correct.

you're right!!

mighty,

if you see no connection between Bush being the public face of the war decimating their previously stable lives, and the orphaned kids wandering into a group of US troops wearing a bomb - and you're a military man, right? - then this war will never be won.

Re-read that again a few times til it makes sense.

mightymouse72

• Getbig III
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2007, 04:51:45 PM »
Goat = correct.

mighty,

if you see no connection between Bush being the public face of the war decimating their previously stable lives, and the orphaned kids wandering into a group of US troops wearing a bomb - and you're a military man, right? - then this war will never be won.

Re-read that again a few times til it makes sense.

what do you mean by "public face of war"?

again i'll tell you, i'm not in the military.
W

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2007, 04:52:51 PM »
One thing is for sure:

No you didn't have to worry about suicide bombers under Saddam, but there was that whole rape, pillage, plunder, and murder thing.

davidpaul

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2007, 04:56:08 PM »

great post goat, made a lot of sense.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2007, 04:56:55 PM »

what do you mean by "public face of war"?

again i'll tell you, i'm not in the military.

sorry, i get you and mm69 mixed up.

public face of the war = the guy who tells the world we're going to invade, orders the invasion, then seems to be the only voice still pushing it.

he is what motivates these young suicidal idiots, as he is the face they give to whatever horrors they now face.

mightymouse72

• Getbig III
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2007, 04:57:15 PM »
No you didn't have to worry about suicide bombers under Saddam, but there was that whole rape, pillage, plunder, and murder thing.

don't forget, gas, torture and genocide.

ahhhhhh!!!  the good ole days.
W

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2007, 04:57:58 PM »

The numbers say that more died per year in 2003,4,5,6 than in each year of saddam's reign.

fancy that, huh?

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2007, 04:59:35 PM »
The numbers say that more died per year in 2003,4,5,6 than in each year of saddam's reign.

fancy that, huh?

It's the Iraqi's fault and we're not responsible for putting them in this situation! Stop hating America and our service men!  ::)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2007, 05:02:56 PM »
don't forget, gas, torture and genocide.

ahhhhhh!!!  the good ole days.

If only we had it so good in the U.S. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2007, 05:04:47 PM »

fancy that, huh?

More insurgents are blowing up Iraqis than were tortured and murdered by Saddam?  I guess that means Iraqis were just fine under Saddam.   ::)

mightymouse72

• Getbig III
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2007, 05:06:10 PM »
sorry, i get you and mm69 mixed up.

public face of the war = the guy who tells the world we're going to invade, orders the invasion, then seems to be the only voice still pushing it.

he is what motivates these young suicidal idiots, as he is the face they give to whatever horrors they now face.

a couple of problems,
why did we invade??  we done it to remove a threat.   i'm sure you'll disagree.
how is he pushing it??  he's trying to STOP it. 
if were still fighting the iraqi's then you would be right.  we're not. 

those idiots don't need bush for motivation.  they've been brainwashed for a long time. 
they just have a battlefield right now. 
W

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2007, 05:08:08 PM »
More insurgents are blowing up Iraqis than were tortured and murdered by Saddam? 

Yes.

I guess that means Iraqis were just fine under Saddam.   ::)

No, by our standards.  Yes, by the standards which their culture dictated for 1500 years.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2007, 05:08:53 PM »

a couple of problems,
why did we invade??  we done it to remove a threat.   i'm sure you'll disagree.
how is he pushing it??  he's trying to STOP it. 
if were still fighting the iraqi's then you would be right.  we're not. 

those idiots don't need bush for motivation.  they've been brainwashed for a long time. 
they just have a battlefield right now. 

here's the problem.

we WON.  saddam isn't really a threat these days.  But we won't turn over control to iraqis yet.

why not?