Author Topic: CAN SOMEOME PROVIDE PHOTOGRAPHICAL EVIDENCE OF????????????  (Read 14917 times)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
CAN SOMEOME PROVIDE PHOTOGRAPHICAL EVIDENCE OF????????????
« on: March 06, 2007, 09:50:07 AM »
Can someone provide ANY photographical evidence of a physique "going flat" or "spilling over" due to glycogen.

I would like to see a before and and an after.   I think neither exist and it is not logical at all to think that they do exist.

Due to the body's ability to hold no more than around 2,000 kcal of glycogen, marathon runners commonly experience a phenomenon referred to as "hitting the wall" around the 20 mile (32 km) point of a marathon. (Approximately 100 kcal are utilized per mile, depending on the size of the runner and the race course.) When experiencing glycogen debt, runners often experience fatigue.

Only the glycogen stored in the liver can be made accessible to other organs, and these hepatocytes have the highest concentration of it - up to 8% of the fresh weight in well fed state, or 100–120 g in an adult. In the muscles, glycogen is found in a much lower concentration (1% of the muscle mass), but the total amount exceeds that in liver. Small amounts of glycogen are found in the kidneys, and even smaller amounts in certain glial cells in the brain and white blood cells.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
Re: CAN SOMEOME PROVIDE PHOTOGRAPHICAL EVIDENCE OF????????????
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2007, 09:53:04 AM »
Only 1 PERCENT of muscle is made up of glycogen.

So therefore if your Glycogen levels are Full, around 2000 calories THIS IS NOT ENOUGH TO PRODUCE ANY DIFFERENCE!

natural al

• Getbig V
  • like it or don't, learn to live with it..whooooooo
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2007, 09:53:18 AM »
adam, I'm gonna ask you an honest question:  Do you believe that there is no change in anyone's individual body chemestry?  By this do you mean that my body chemestry is exactly like that of...well, say...you?
nasser=piece of shit

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2007, 09:53:40 AM »
This is all a myth a lot of you have been following and giving credence too for a VERY, VERY long time.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2007, 09:54:45 AM »
adam, I'm gonna ask you an honest question:  Do you believe that there is no change in anyone's individual body chemestry?  By this do you mean that my body chemestry is exactly like that of...well, say...you?

Yours is not far off at all.  Humans do not vary much.  We are just like any other animal in the animal kingdom.  Little Variance, save for some slight mutations in DNA.

Ozzy

• Getbig IV
  • I'm back
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2007, 09:58:47 AM »
Blah blah blah, blah blah blah blah blah.

Blah blah. Blah blahblah blah blah.

NeverTrustABlonde

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2007, 10:02:24 AM »
adonis.... why dont you just go and jump off a cliff or something?

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2007, 10:05:11 AM »
Can someone provide ANY photographical evidence of a physique "going flat" or "spilling over" due to glycogen.

I would like to see a before and and an after.   I think neither exist and it is not logical at all to think that they do exist.

Due to the body's ability to hold no more than around 2,000 kcal of glycogen, marathon runners commonly experience a phenomenon referred to as "hitting the wall" around the 20 mile (32 km) point of a marathon. (Approximately 100 kcal are utilized per mile, depending on the size of the runner and the race course.) When experiencing glycogen debt, runners often experience fatigue.

Only the glycogen stored in the liver can be made accessible to other organs, and these hepatocytes have the highest concentration of it - up to 8% of the fresh weight in well fed state, or 100–120 g in an adult. In the muscles, glycogen is found in a much lower concentration (1% of the muscle mass), but the total amount exceeds that in liver. Small amounts of glycogen are found in the kidneys, and even smaller amounts in certain glial cells in the brain and white blood cells.

I certainly hope you're not correlating marathon running to bodybuilding!

sandycoosworth

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2007, 10:05:17 AM »

from a weight cutting perspective, when you drop a gram of carbs you drop 3(or 4?) of water

i think this would make the lions hsare of the visible difference

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2007, 10:05:30 AM »
Organisms survive and thrive through efficiency.  The more adept at survival, the smaller the variance.  The longer timeline genus of organism exists in a given enviroment, the smaller the variance.

dknole

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2007, 10:07:19 AM »
spilling over has more to due with osmotic pull rather than repleting glycogen. And as you know TA, for every one gram of glycogen stored there are 3 grams of water stored too... So if you go from no glycogen or relatively low glycogen to having some - you will also get a change in the appearance of the muscle due to the effects of water shifts...

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2007, 10:07:26 AM »
I certainly hope you're not correlating marathon running to bodybuilding!
Of course not.

Are you not intelligent enough to realize that this was an example of the amount of glycogen storage?

Marathon runners represent the PEAK of gylcogen storage.  Due to their activity, they would have the ability to store the MOST GLYCOGEN.

A bodybuilder would be less.  Not much less, but it would be even less.

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2007, 10:08:05 AM »
Organisms survive and thrive through efficiency.  The more adept at survival, the smaller the variance.  The longer timeline genus of organism exists in a given enviroment, the smaller the variance.

Your not making sense!

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2007, 10:08:21 AM »
from a weight cutting perspective, when you drop a gram of carbs you drop 3(or 4?) of water

i think this would make the lions hsare of the visible difference

That doesn`t make any sense if you are at a low, low bodyfat.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2007, 10:08:54 AM »
Your not making sense!

That is because you are an idiot creationist who rejects science.

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2007, 10:09:22 AM »
Of course not.

Are you not intelligent enough to realize that this was an example of the amount of glycogen storage?

Marathon runners represent the PEAK of gylcogen storage.  Due to their activity, they would have the ability to store the MOST GLYCOGEN.

A bodybuilder would be less.  Not much less, but it would be even less.

Then whats the point of this thread?

Ozzy

• Getbig IV
  • I'm back
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2007, 10:09:52 AM »

So there's no water in muscles then?

Ha.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2007, 10:10:24 AM »
spilling over has more to due with osmotic pull rather than repleting glycogen. And as you know TA, for every one gram of glycogen stored there are 3 grams of water stored too... So if you go from no glycogen or relatively low glycogen to having some - you will also get a change in the appearance of the muscle due to the effects of water shifts...

20 calories of Glycogen are stored in the muscles of your body when your Glycogen stores are full.

So that would equate to only 5 grams.  

read that again.

5 GRAMS!  Hardly enough to cause ANY variance.

ThaRealist

• Getbig IV
  • Team REal LiFe
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2007, 10:11:28 AM »
This is all a myth a lot of you have been following and giving credence too for a VERY, VERY long time.

Adam talk is cheap....Push your theories onto some slow competitive bodybuilders, so you can prove your point with physical evidence...Also, don't use yourself, because we all seen what happened when you dieted down....You looked like you just got out of a POW camp or something.....
You Can't Do It!!!

sandycoosworth

« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2007, 10:12:42 AM »

why not?

nder98

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Getlaid!
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2007, 10:15:56 AM »
adonis.... why dont you just go and jump off a cliff or something?
hahaha my thoughts exactly LMAO

Ozzy

• Getbig IV
  • I'm back
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2007, 10:17:41 AM »
At max you ONLY hold 20 calories or so worth of Glycogen in your muscles at any given time for your ENTIRE body. This equates to 5 grams.

So there will not be a visual difference.

...on second thought, nevermind.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2007, 10:19:21 AM »
I am 100 percent Positive that NOBODY can provide me ANY Photographical evidence of this myth.

I want to see a picture of someone "LOOKING FLAT" and not "LOOKING FLAT".

Preferably the same person.

Or the same person before and after.

I have a feeling NOBODY can show this to me as it is a huge myth a lot of you have been subscribing to for a VERY long time.

davidpaul

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2007, 10:20:54 AM »
one of the best threads ever

Ozzy

• Getbig IV
  • I'm back
« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2007, 10:21:06 AM »
Who cares?

Why do we have to do stuff to 'prove' you wrong when no one gives a rats ass what you think?