Author Topic: CAN SOMEOME PROVIDE PHOTOGRAPHICAL EVIDENCE OF????????????  (Read 14919 times)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
Re: CAN SOMEOME PROVIDE PHOTOGRAPHICAL EVIDENCE OF????????????
« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2007, 10:22:35 AM »
You need to take a cold, hard look at the myths you have been subscribing to.

In fact, this should benefit you.  However, if you like to remain ignorant, that is your choice.

Sir William Idol

• Getbig IV
  • you got a fight comin
« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2007, 10:26:59 AM »
Only 1 PERCENT of glycogen is stored in the muscles.

So therefore if your Glycogen levels are Full, around 2000 calories, Just one percent is in the muscles around 20 calories.

THIS IS NOT ENOUGH TO PRODUCE ANY DIFFERENCE!

you're not reading your own statistics correctly.  your statistic says that 1% of muscle weight is glycogen, not 1% of glycogen is stored in the muscle. 

stay in school
its comin today

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2007, 10:27:50 AM »
That is because you are an idiot creationist who rejects science.

Most of my nutrition and training is based on science not magazines, when I work with people I usually work with the best and the best have proven scientific case studies to back their claims, another words, If I don't have the answer, I find the answer, either by reading (or what I usually do) go to seminars around the country to the people I respect most, that being said I have worked side by side with guys like Cressy, Boyle, Chu, Berardi, DeFranco and even got to spend a few days with Chirs Charmichael who can teach me the most about my area of training, science changes almost everyday so I keep up when I can.

I can appriciate you trying to find out answers, but don't come off with your own therories without careful study and scientific backing and think you're right and everyone else is wrong!

Saxon

• Getbig IV
  • Heavy Metal Thunder
« Reply #28 on: March 06, 2007, 10:28:15 AM »
Only 1 PERCENT of glycogen is stored in the muscles.

So therefore if your Glycogen levels are Full, around 2000 calories, Just one percent is in the muscles around 20 calories.

THIS IS NOT ENOUGH TO PRODUCE ANY DIFFERENCE!

Are you sure only 1 percent of glycogen is stored in the muscle?

http://www.ironman.com/training/nutrition/fueling-during-training-how-much

For example, a 150-pound triathlete can store approximately 1800 calories of glycogen as carbohydrate: 78% stored in the muscle, 18% in the liver and 4% in the form of blood glucose. This fuel source can support up to two hours of high-intensity or four hours of moderate-intensity training. Our body can also utilize fat and protein as fuel (in very small amounts) to support the moderate-intensity workouts at the heart of Ironman training, but our stores are clearly inadequate to support the energy demand of 4+ hour training days.

Perhaps this is wrong...

Sir William Idol

• Getbig IV
  • you got a fight comin
« Reply #29 on: March 06, 2007, 10:30:30 AM »

For example, a 150-pound triathlete can store approximately 1800 calories of glycogen as carbohydrate: 78% stored in the muscle, 18% in the liver and 4% in the form of blood glucose. This fuel source can support up to two hours of high-intensity or four hours of moderate-intensity training. Our body can also utilize fat and protein as fuel (in very small amounts) to support the moderate-intensity workouts at the heart of Ironman training, but our stores are clearly inadequate to support the energy demand of 4+ hour training days.

Perhaps this is wrong...

the whole basis of this thread was based upon poor reading comprehension and a mistake from the second post.  read my post a couple up above.  your research is accurate.
its comin today

Saxon

• Getbig IV
  • Heavy Metal Thunder
« Reply #30 on: March 06, 2007, 10:30:55 AM »
you're not reading your own statistics correctly.  your statistic says that 1% of muscle weight is glycogen, not 1% of glycogen is stored in the muscle. 

That's what I thought...plus only 20 calories stored in your muscles...that wouldn't make any sense...or it wouldn't to me and the biology I can remember from 14 years ago...

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #31 on: March 06, 2007, 10:32:37 AM »
I am 100 percent Positive that NOBODY can provide me ANY Photographical evidence of this myth.

I want to see a picture of someone "LOOKING FLAT" and not "LOOKING FLAT".

Preferably the same person.

Or the same person before and after.

I have a feeling NOBODY can show this to me as it is a huge myth a lot of you have been subscribing to for a VERY long time.

Saxon

• Getbig IV
  • Heavy Metal Thunder
« Reply #32 on: March 06, 2007, 10:33:03 AM »
  your research is accurate.

Thank google for that  :P

Ozzy

• Getbig IV
  • I'm back
« Reply #33 on: March 06, 2007, 10:33:34 AM »
You need to take a cold, hard look at the myths you have been subscribing to.

In fact, this should benefit you.  However, if you like to remain ignorant, that is your choice.

I don't subscribe to any myths like that, actually. I think you're trying too hard to... I don't know, sound intelligent? Unless you have a doctorate or a M.D. after your name, why don't you shut the fuck up?

JimmyTheFish

• Getbig III
« Reply #34 on: March 06, 2007, 10:34:50 AM »

stay in school

BADA BING!!!!!!!!!!!!

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #35 on: March 06, 2007, 10:34:55 AM »

Perhaps this is wrong...

Yes it is wrong if Apenis didn't say it first.  He is on another Cut & Paste rage.  For some reason after getting slammed he always comes up with something else to debate over so we forget about all the other shit he has said and proved wrong.  Another sad day in Apenis's life.  It's going to be a long day

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: March 06, 2007, 10:35:02 AM »

Perhaps this is wrong...

I am agreeing with it, I think you are mistaking what I said!  My wording may not have been initially clear.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: March 06, 2007, 10:36:56 AM »

Perhaps this is wrong...

EVEN IF it was around 80 percent...........

That would mean, 1600 Calories of 2000

1600.  Not EVEN a half of a LB!

Ozzy

• Getbig IV
  • I'm back
« Reply #38 on: March 06, 2007, 10:37:14 AM »
The topic you just posted is wrong.

Keith wins.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #39 on: March 06, 2007, 10:37:36 AM »
I don't subscribe to any myths like that, actually. I think you're trying too hard to... I don't know, sound intelligent? Unless you have a doctorate or a M.D. after your name, why don't you shut the fuck up?

He does have M.D. after his name.  The only thing though is it means Mentally Disabled.  He has no education in this stuff.  He is a cut & Paste expert.  Thats all he does.  He'll Google something and then go with it.  Complete waste of air.

Saxon

• Getbig IV
  • Heavy Metal Thunder
« Reply #40 on: March 06, 2007, 10:37:53 AM »
The topic you just posted is wrong.

Thanks...I'll inform that website they are spreading lies  ::)

ripitupbaby

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • 2010 Olympia Pro Powerlifting Champ
« Reply #41 on: March 06, 2007, 10:38:13 AM »
Hahahaha  Looking flat, looking full....WHATEVER.

Mr. Intenseone....LOOKING HOT!!!!!   :o
:)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: March 06, 2007, 10:39:53 AM »
Only the glycogen stored in the liver can be made accessible to other organs, and these hepatocytes have the highest concentration of it - up to 8% of the fresh weight in well fed state, or 100–120 g in an adult. In the muscles, glycogen is found in a much lower concentration (1% of the muscle mass), but the total amount exceeds that in liver. Small amounts of glycogen are found in the kidneys, and even smaller amounts in certain glial cells in the brain and white blood cells.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #43 on: March 06, 2007, 10:40:13 AM »
I figured something out about Apenis.  He is the type of guy who used ot get beat up in school allot.  Now he is out of school and all the kids who used to pick on him have moved on.  APenis has not. He is so used to getting beat up that with the internet he can get beat up in a sense but without getting the bruises.  I think he likes all this debate about him being wrong in every subject.  He has grown up this way.

nycbull

• Getbig V
  • Team Jay Should Have Won
« Reply #44 on: March 06, 2007, 10:40:39 AM »
Adonis is right here, he is doing what this board is about, debunking myths and getting to the truth of an industry making so much money based on our ignorance. Why are so many of you guys threatened by that. If you know the answer tell us if you don't then dont' get in the way.

I for one am glad he is asking this question. This whole idea of looking flat is so subjective and meaningless. Adonis is trying to find science behind it. If it exists lets find out what it is. The more knowledge in our hands the more control we have on our bodies and the less reliant we are on supplement companies and so called "gurus" who are taking our money.

Some of you guys are afraid of change and are comforted with your myths. But some of us are passionate about the truth.

the shadow

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • THE FLAG OF THE ZAPATISTA ARMY OF LIBERATION
« Reply #45 on: March 06, 2007, 10:43:10 AM »
RATM RULZ THE WORLD

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #46 on: March 06, 2007, 10:43:37 AM »
Adonis is right here, he is doing what this board is about, debunking myths and getting to the truth of an industry making so much money based on our ignorance. Why are so many of you guys threatened by that. If you know the answer tell us if you don't then dont' get in the way.

I for one am glad he is asking this question. This whole idea of looking flat is so subjective and meaningless. Adonis is trying to find science behind it. If it exists lets find out what it is. The more knowledge in our hands the more control we have on our bodies and the less reliant we are on supplement companies and so called "gurus" who are taking our money.

Some of you guys are afraid of change and are comforted with your myths. But some of us are passionate about the truth.

Great, but you can't compare marathon runners to bodybuilders, I do agree, there is very little science involved in bodybuilding!

Sir William Idol

• Getbig IV
  • you got a fight comin
« Reply #47 on: March 06, 2007, 10:44:15 AM »
Only the glycogen stored in the liver can be made accessible to other organs, and these hepatocytes have the highest concentration of it - up to 8% of the fresh weight in well fed state, or 100–120 g in an adult. In the muscles, glycogen is found in a much lower concentration (1% of the muscle mass), but the total amount exceeds that in liver. Small amounts of glycogen are found in the kidneys, and even smaller amounts in certain glial cells in the brain and white blood cells.

the liver weighs about 3lbs. 8% of that is glycogen, or roughly .25 lbs. 

1% of the muscle mass is going to be much higher than .25 lbs.

even in a man with 100lbs of lean body MUSCLE mass, that would be 1 lb, four times as much as the liver. 

and that would be a seriously small individual.
its comin today

Sir William Idol

• Getbig IV
  • you got a fight comin
« Reply #48 on: March 06, 2007, 10:45:57 AM »

try reading the thread before singing such praises, his mistaken premise is glaring
its comin today

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: March 06, 2007, 10:48:52 AM »

Exactly.

The actual MUSCLE only stores around 1 percent of Glycogen.   Its hillarious to think that they THINK their appearance will be any different.