Author Topic: The USA is the best country in the world to live in...if....  (Read 19587 times)

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
Re: The USA is the best country in the world to live in...if....
« Reply #100 on: June 15, 2008, 05:23:56 AM »
Not complaining, but may I enquire why?

You just acted like one of the guys, that's all.
I hate the State.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #101 on: June 15, 2008, 06:28:07 AM »
CQ has been all over the politics board lately... i love it.  very cool points of view.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #102 on: June 15, 2008, 08:18:32 AM »
CQ has been all over the politics board lately... i love it.  very cool points of view.

Yes, she is quite worldly. A vast improvement over Beach Buffoon and crew....
I hate the State.

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
« Reply #103 on: June 15, 2008, 08:20:34 AM »
I lived in Spain for many years (due to work) and I regreted having to come back to the states. First and foremost their "social package" is lightyears ahead of the US. You get sick, you go to the doctor and get operated on without having to pay a friggin dime. As far as quality of life goes... the working hours there are from 9AM until 2PM and then from 4 to 7PM, with two hours in between to eat and take a siesta. Restaurants are a bit cheaper than here in the USA, and the quality of the food is lightyears ahead than what we have here in the US.

Salary-wise, it's pretty much even, although, because of the euro-dollar being so high, they now make a lot more money than I was making back in 2002. If you get laid off from your company your life is taken care of (by the government) for about 1 year until you get another job. If you can't find another job, they put you through school in order to learn something else. Gas is now about the same as in the US, although utility bills tend to be a bit higher. Education is better than in the US.

Et cetera.

Like I said, when I made the decision to come back to the states I regreted it eventually. I came back to a country ruled by CEOs, church people, etc. In Europe they are a lot more social than in the states. You can pretty much walk into any bar and talk about any subject you want and people will talk to you eloquently and politely (unless you're talking about US foreign policy which they now hate... intensely) tell you their opinion on the matter. Here in the states, you walk into a bar and tell someone about Darfur and how fucked up that part of the world is and if it's a man you're talking to the first thing he'll think is that you're gay trying to pick him up and secondly he'll tell you that he hasn't seen that Star Trek episode. Let's face it, we're a nation of dumbasses who get dumber every day.

The difference between smart and dumb is that when you're dumb, you have no idea you're getting dumber unless someone tells you, whereas smart people get smarter, and need noone else to remind him/her.

Oh, before I forget, they get 1 month of vacation, have about 3 times as many annual holidays than in the US and they basically ENJOY LIFE.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #104 on: June 15, 2008, 08:25:43 AM »
I lived in Spain for many years (due to work) and I regreted having to come back to the states. First and foremost their "social package" is lightyears ahead of the US. You get sick, you go to the doctor and get operated on without having to pay a friggin dime. As far as quality of life goes... the working hours there are from 9AM until 2PM and then from 4 to 7PM, with two hours in between to eat and take a siesta. Restaurants are a bit cheaper than here in the USA, and the quality of the food is lightyears ahead than what we have here in the US.

Salary-wise, it's pretty much even, although, because of the euro-dollar being so high, they now make a lot more money than I was making back in 2002. If you get laid off from your company your life is taken care of (by the government) for about 1 year until you get another job. If you can't find another job, they put you through school in order to learn something else. Gas is now about the same as in the US, although utility bills tend to be a bit higher. Education is better than in the US.

Et cetera.

Like I said, when I made the decision to come back to the states I regreted it eventually. I came back to a country ruled by CEOs, church people, etc. In Europe they are a lot more social than in the states. You can pretty much walk into any bar and talk about any subject you want and people will talk to you eloquently and politely (unless you're talking about US foreign policy which they now hate... intensely) tell you their opinion on the matter. Here in the states, you walk into a bar and tell someone about Darfur and how fucked up that part of the world is and if it's a man you're talking to the first thing he'll think is that you're gay trying to pick him up and secondly he'll tell you that he hasn't seen that Star Trek episode. Let's face it, we're a nation of dumbasses who get dumber every day.

The difference between smart and dumb is that when you're dumb, you have no idea you're getting dumber unless someone tells you, whereas smart people get smarter, and need noone else to remind him/her.

Oh, before I forget, they get 1 month of vacation, have about 3 times as many annual holidays than in the US and they basically ENJOY LIFE.

Further vindication. Word.
I hate the State.

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #105 on: June 15, 2008, 10:24:55 AM »

Et cetera.

Very interesting post Slapper, thanks.

You just acted like one of the guys, that's all.

Thank you both. Blame Obama, he got me into US politics, so now I am boring you all relentlessly with my opinions :D

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #106 on: June 15, 2008, 02:40:49 PM »

Et cetera.

yes very good post.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #107 on: June 15, 2008, 07:27:07 PM »
Viva L'Europa!
I hate the State.

TerminalPower

• Getbig III
« Reply #108 on: June 15, 2008, 10:00:24 PM »
there are two kinds of people in America.  The rich and those who think they'll get rich.

You forgot the idiots who think that the government owes them everything

People who think being rich translates into being happy or secure

People who think America sucks but are too lazy to move out

You forgot about people who are in America Illegally in order to "better the lives of their families in Central and South America."

Don't be so narrow minded, you sound like that dictator in Venezuela who can't keep his country afloat.

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #109 on: June 16, 2008, 01:56:33 AM »
This is a bodybuilding board, so thought I would mention this. USA is one of the *worst* nation to be an amateur in. They win a little plastic trophy. I think Canada sucks too, but I know most of the world is more lucrative.

Many nations you win from 42" plasmas, international trips, cars, cash up to $100,000 [yes I am serious], even crap like ipods/video cameras for placing as low as 5th [which is last in most cases lol].Tons of prizes on offer, hence why many amateurs don't take pro status. I've won more competing here, than some pro shows even offer as prizes. Never paid to travel internationally to compete in my life and actually turn a profit from competing. Pro level US is king, amateur level [99% of ppl] is not too hot financially for the Americans.

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
« Reply #110 on: June 16, 2008, 02:02:38 AM »
This is a bodybuilding board, so thought I would mention this. USA is one of the *worst* nation to be an amateur in. They win a little plastic trophy. I think Canada sucks too, but I know most of the world is more lucrative.

Most nations you win from 42" plasmas, international trips, cars, cash up to $100,000 [yes I am serious], even crap like ipods/video cameras for placing as low as 5th [which is last in most cases lol].Tons of prizes on offer, hence why many amateurs don't take pro status. I've won more competing here, than some pro shows even offer as prizes. Never paid to travel internationally to compete in my life and actually turn a profit from competing. Pro level US is king, amateur level [99% of ppl] is not too hot financially for the Americans.

Thats funny! THe PRO's in Australia win Plastic trophys..PRO'S..and make them pay to compete..Fuck you Paul Graham

Saxon

• Getbig IV
  • Heavy Metal Thunder
« Reply #111 on: June 16, 2008, 02:04:54 AM »
South Korea is a 2nd world dunghole.

Do you know what the term "2nd world" actually refers to?  South Korea is certainly not a country that should be described as such  ::)

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #112 on: June 16, 2008, 02:12:30 AM »
Thats funny! THe PRO's in Australia win Plastic trophys..PRO'S..and make them pay to compete..Fuck you Paul Graham

No flame, but maybe they are plastic I don't know, but the pro show there they get $20,000 on top and many come from the USA all expenses paid, so I think the trophy is not their prime thing lol. Australian amateur feds, natty and non-tested, give some fairly decent stuff - large plasma TV's, trips to Europe/New York etc. Earlier this year both Australia and New Zealand had amateur shows that gave away $10,000 each.

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #113 on: June 16, 2008, 02:21:41 AM »
No flame, but maybe they are plastic I don't know, but the pro show there they get $20,000 on top and many come from the USA all expenses paid, so I think the trophy is not their prime thing lol. Australian amateur feds, natty and non-tested, give some fairly decent stuff - large plasma TV's, trips to Europe/New York etc. Earlier this year both Australia and New Zealand had amateur shows that gave away $10,000 each.
Not at the last Comp..I was there.

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #114 on: June 16, 2008, 02:47:43 AM »
Not at the last Comp..I was there.

Maybe you missed it then?

Last pro show in Australia was held in March 2008 in Melbourne and was won by Dexter Jackson, and he won $10,000 cash.

Melvin Anthony and Toney Freeman rounded up the rest of the cash. Check with Tony D, any bb website, even threads here if you doubt me.

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #115 on: June 16, 2008, 03:04:10 AM »
Maybe you missed it then?

Last pro show in Australia was held in March 2008 in Melbourne and was won by Dexter Jackson, and he won $10,000 cash.

Melvin Anthony and Toney Freeman rounded up the rest of the cash. Check with Tony D, any bb website, even threads here if you doubt me.

no i dont doubt, just totally crossed my mind.

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
  • Hesitation doesn't come easily in this blood...
« Reply #116 on: June 16, 2008, 04:33:12 AM »
i'd live in the USA over any country in the world.

Out of interest, which other countries have you been to?
الاسلام هو شيطانية

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #117 on: June 16, 2008, 05:41:06 AM »
Do you know what the term "2nd world" actually refers to?  South Korea is certainly not a country that should be described as such  ::)

I don't apologise for using the term; farmers with too much technology on their hands and no knowledge of germ theory.
I hate the State.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #118 on: June 16, 2008, 06:04:18 AM »
Out of interest, which other countries have you been to?

I went to niagra falls as a kid  ;D

Saxon

• Getbig IV
  • Heavy Metal Thunder
« Reply #119 on: June 16, 2008, 06:18:58 AM »
I don't apologise for using the term; farmers with too much technology on their hands and no knowledge of germ theory.

The term "2nd World" has always been used by intelligent people to refer to communist countries and not to describe levels of economic development.  Don't people learn anything in schools these days?  ::)

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
« Reply #120 on: June 16, 2008, 06:28:38 AM »
I went to niagra falls as a kid  ;D

So what you're really saying is that you're in absolutely no position to say that America is the best place to live?

I've lived in US and Britain, and with substantial experience of visiting other countries that neither of these two would be my dream location.

I've just got back from Russia and I can confidently say there are even parts of that shithole I would prefer to live rather than UK or US.
الاسلام هو شيطانية

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #121 on: June 16, 2008, 07:46:21 AM »
The term "2nd World" has always been used by intelligent people to refer to communist countries and not to describe levels of economic development.  Don't people learn anything in schools these days?  ::)

Yes, well Confucianism is so close, it might as well be.

Why on earth are you defending Korea?
I hate the State.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #122 on: June 16, 2008, 08:41:59 AM »
So what you're really saying is that you're in absolutely no position to say that America is the best place to live?

Correct!

I got my guns, my truck, and I'm happy.

You can argue anti-gun, anti-whatever. 

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
« Reply #123 on: June 16, 2008, 08:50:48 AM »
Correct!

I got my guns, my truck, and I'm happy.

You can argue anti-gun, anti-whatever. 

You're in dire need of an education.
الاسلام هو شيطانية

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #124 on: June 16, 2008, 08:56:37 AM »
You're in dire need of an education.

I dont have the time or money to travel the world at the moment.