Author Topic: 3 worst Presidents in History...  (Read 19774 times)

Busted

• Getbig IV
  • PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM MOWER
3 worst Presidents in History...
« on: November 04, 2008, 01:17:33 AM »
Since someone posted top 3, who are your top 3 worst Presidents?

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
Re: 3 worst Presidents in History...
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2008, 01:21:10 AM »
W

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2008, 01:26:56 AM »
George W. Bush
Jimmy Carter
Herbert Hoover

I think GWB is a good man and his heart is in the right place but he surrounded himself with pieces of shit named, Rumsfeld and Cheney.  They made things worse.
Overall when it's all said and done people will see he put us in an unnessasary war among many other things.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2008, 01:31:57 AM »
Ulysses S. Grant
Warren G. Harding
Richard M. Nixon

My opinion on W.
(George W. Bush is tentative as not enough time has passed to know just how bad the repercussions are.  History may also vindicate him in time depending on if there is a political shift in the Middle East as a result of his policies.)

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2008, 01:36:53 AM »
Ulysses S. Grant
Warren G. Harding
Richard M. Nixon

My opinion on W.
(George W. Bush is tentative as not enough time has passed to know just how bad the repercussions are.  History may also vindicate him in time depending on if there is a political shift in the Middle East as a result of his policies.)

Dispite Nixon being a crook, he did quite well with his bringing China and the U.S. closer.  This is why he wasn't on my list.

Buffgeek

• Getbig III
  • I love white women!
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2008, 01:39:27 AM »
George W. Bush
Jimmy Carter
Herbert Hoover

So you are telling me that George W bush who got us through 911, the dotcom bust, enron etc scandals, is worse than Andrew Jackson who basically told the Us Supreme court to fuck off when they ruled in the Cherokees favor to keep the land and forcibly removed them to Oklahoma?

Trail of Tears ring a bell?

Buchannan - refused to challenge spead of slavery in what would be become the confederate states

Andrew Johnson - was impeached because he opposed reconstruction including the 14th amendment after lincoln died...

Warren G Harding - dude played poker while his friends plundered he US treasury

Buffgeek

• Getbig III
  • I love white women!
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2008, 01:40:24 AM »
George W. Bush
Jimmy Carter
Herbert Hoover

I think GWB is a good man and his heart is in the right place but he surrounded himself with pieces of shit named, Rumsfeld and Cheney.  They made things worse.
Overall when it's all said and done people will see he put us in an unnessasary war among many other things.

I agree with the Rumsfeld and Cheney bit.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2008, 01:40:36 AM »
Dispite Nixon being a crook, he did quite well with his bringing China and the U.S. closer.  This is why he wasn't on my list.
His criminal and highly illegal involvement in Watergate is by far the biggest threat ever to Democracy and to the Constitution.  Certainly the most dictator-esque  event ever conducted or conceived of by a sitting President.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2008, 01:41:30 AM »
So you are telling me that George W bush who got us through 911, the dotcom bust, enron etc scandals, is worse than Andrew Jackson who basically told the Us Supreme court to fuck off when they ruled in the Cherokees favor to keep the land and forcibly removed them to Oklahoma?

Trail of Tears ring a bell?

Buchannan - refused to challenge spead of slavery in what would be become the confederate states

Andrew Johnson - was impeached because he opposed reconstruction including the 14th amendment after lincoln died...

Warren G Harding - dude played poker while his friends plundered he US treasury

I'll be honest with you, I don't know enough about some of these guys to make a "worst" informed decision.

Buffgeek

• Getbig III
  • I love white women!
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2008, 01:44:34 AM »
I'll be honest with you, I don't know enough about some of these guys to make a "worst" informed decision.

We have had some real loser presidents lol.  a majority of them were in the 1800s. dunno what the deal was in that century...

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2008, 01:45:46 AM »
His criminal and highly illegal involvement in Watergate is by far the biggest threat ever to Democracy and to the Constitution.  Certainly the most dictator-esque  event ever conducted or conceived of by a sitting President.

Umm, look at what George W. Bush has done?  He was far worse in terms of dictatorship with phone tapping, Gitmo, waterboarding, not letting Congress have key witnessess testify etc...

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2008, 01:48:11 AM »
Umm, look at what George W. Bush has done?  He was far worse in terms of dictatorship with phone tapping, Gitmo, etc...
George W Bush has not done anything Unconstitutional or Criminal under our law.  He has certainly expanded the Executive Powers via, signing resolutions, Implied Powers, WarPowers Act as well as with Congressional compliance.

Nothing illegal at all however and well within the legal bounds of the Constitution.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2008, 01:53:55 AM »
Umm, look at what George W. Bush has done?  He was far worse in terms of dictatorship with phone tapping, Gitmo, waterboarding, not letting Congress have key witnessess testify etc...
Lincoln also suspended Habeas Corpus using the WarPowers Act and had his Secretary of State, William Seward, regularly arrest many newspaper reporters and held indefinitely.  A few times, some Congressman were even locked up. lol

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2008, 01:54:17 AM »
George W Bush has not done anything Unconstitutional or Criminal under our law.  He has certainly expanded the Executive Powers via, signing resolutions, Implied Powers, WarPowers Act as well as with Congressional compliance.

Nothing illegal at all.

I think he expanded his exec powers to the point of being almost criminal.
It will never be proven but I believe that Cheney and Bush knew Iraq never possessed WMDs and it was all doctored as way to take Saddam out.  Was Saddam a piece of shit?  Well so is Fidel and Kim Jung Ill, how come we didn't go after them?  Terrorism?  It's been proven Iraq had nothing to do with terrorism until Al Qaeda in Iraq grouped after we got there.

GWB has done shit for us domestically except to expand government worse than any liberal and give tax breaks that did shit for the economy.

Overall the only positive thing he can be remembered for is taking out Saddam and he did this through preemptive action....basically he started a war.

Buffgeek

• Getbig III
  • I love white women!
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2008, 01:57:35 AM »
I think he expanded his exec powers to the point of being almost criminal.
It will never be proven but I believe that Cheney and Bush knew Iraq never possessed WMDs and it was all doctored as way to take Saddam out.  Was Saddam a piece of shit?  Well so is Fidel and Kim Jung Ill, how come we didn't go after them?  Terrorism?  It's been proven Iraq had nothing to do with terrorism until Alquida in Iraq grouped after we got there.

GWB has done shit for us domestically except to expand government worse than any liberal and give tax breaks that did shit for the economy.

Considering what has happened in the last 8 years, our economy was doing quite well until this last crash.... Hmm what happened two years ago??  ;D

Bush spent like charlie sheen in a strip club, there is no denying that.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2008, 01:58:53 AM »
Interesting bit of history about Lincoln and the suspension of Habeas Corpus.  It weighed heavily on his mind and if he did not, the Union would have easily been dissolved as their were "snakes and scavengers and turncoats" everywhere feeding information to the rebellion.  
Suspension of the Writ

On April 14, 1861, Fort Sumpter fell to the Confederacy. On April 27, 1861, President Lincoln gave the Commanding General of the U.S. Army, Winfield Scott, the following instructions in order to prevent secession-minded Marylanders from interfering with the Capital's communication with the North:

You are engaged in repressing an insurrection against the laws of the United States. If at any point on or in the vicinity of the military line, which is now used between the City of Philadelphia and the City of Washington, via Perryville, Annapolis City, and Annapolis Junction, you find resistance which renders it necessary to suspend the writ of Habeas Corpus for the public safety, you, personally or through the officer in command at the point where the resistance occurs, are authorized to suspend that writ. (8)

The public had forced the pro-Union governor Thomas Hicks to call the legislature into session. He warned the President that the legislature was filled with Confederate sympathizers. (9) Lincoln was reluctant to act as a letter to General Winfield Scott dated April 25, 1861 indicates. In it Lincoln discouraged ordering the arrest of members of the Maryland legislature:

The Maryland Legislature assembles tomorrow at Annapolis; and, not improbably, will take action to arm the people of that State against the United States . . . they have a clearly legal right to assemble; and, we can not know in advance, that their action will not be lawful, and peaceful . . . we can not permanently prevent their action . . . we can not long hold them as prisoners . . . I therefore conclude that it is only left to the commanding General to watch, and await their action, which, if it shall be to arm their people against the United States, he is to adopt the most prompt, and efficient means to counteract, even, if necessary, to the bombardment of their cities - and in the extremist necessity, the suspension of the writ of habeas corpus. (10)

The crisis quickly took and turn for the worst and the President filled the Maryland's capital with federal troops and military authorities. They made several arrests including the Baltimore marshal of police George P. Kane, Baltimore Mayor William Brown, and, on September 17, nine members of the Maryland legislature and the chief clerk of the Maryland Senate. The members of the Maryland legislature were arrested for fear that, if allowed to attend the legislative session, they would vote for secession from the Union.

For all of his handwringing, Lincoln believed it was better to save the Union than live up to its guarantees. (11) In 1862 in a public letter to Horace Greely, he went so far as to say, "If I could save the Union without freeing any slave I would do it; and if I could save it by freeing all the slaves I would do it." (12) There is perhaps no worse example of the restriction of free speech in the entire Civil War than this one. Duly elected members of a state legislature were prevented from assembling and speaking on a critical issue. Along with free speech and assembly, states' rights were crushed in this effort to preserve the Union. It was clear from this moment what hierarchy of values Lincoln held dear.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2008, 02:00:24 AM »
Considering what has happened in the last 8 years, our economy was doing quite well until this last crash.... Hmm what happened two years ago??  ;D

Bush spent like charlie sheen in a strip club, there is no denying that.

Come on man it was all a giant bubble.  I will say that Bush does not get all the blame, Clinton is in there also for passing the bill to allow people to get houses that can't afford them.
Oh yeah, thanks for reminding me about the deficit he ran up....jeez.:-X

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2008, 02:07:46 AM »
Interesting bit of history about Lincoln and the suspension of Habeas Corpus.  I personally believe it was necessary for Lincoln to do this in order to save the Union.  It weighed heavily on his mind and if he did not, the Union would have easily been dissolved as their were "snakes and scavengers and turncoats" everywhere feeding information to the rebellion.  Nobody but Lincoln could have saved the Union.  It was a near miracle.

Suspension of the Writ

On April 14, 1861, Fort Sumpter fell to the Confederacy. On April 27, 1861, President Lincoln gave the Commanding General of the U.S. Army, Winfield Scott, the following instructions in order to prevent secession-minded Marylanders from interfering with the Capital's communication with the North:

You are engaged in repressing an insurrection against the laws of the United States. If at any point on or in the vicinity of the military line, which is now used between the City of Philadelphia and the City of Washington, via Perryville, Annapolis City, and Annapolis Junction, you find resistance which renders it necessary to suspend the writ of Habeas Corpus for the public safety, you, personally or through the officer in command at the point where the resistance occurs, are authorized to suspend that writ. (8)

The public had forced the pro-Union governor Thomas Hicks to call the legislature into session. He warned the President that the legislature was filled with Confederate sympathizers. (9) Lincoln was reluctant to act as a letter to General Winfield Scott dated April 25, 1861 indicates. In it Lincoln discouraged ordering the arrest of members of the Maryland legislature:

The Maryland Legislature assembles tomorrow at Annapolis; and, not improbably, will take action to arm the people of that State against the United States . . . they have a clearly legal right to assemble; and, we can not know in advance, that their action will not be lawful, and peaceful . . . we can not permanently prevent their action . . . we can not long hold them as prisoners . . . I therefore conclude that it is only left to the commanding General to watch, and await their action, which, if it shall be to arm their people against the United States, he is to adopt the most prompt, and efficient means to counteract, even, if necessary, to the bombardment of their cities - and in the extremist necessity, the suspension of the writ of habeas corpus. (10)

The crisis quickly took and turn for the worst and the President filled the Maryland's capital with federal troops and military authorities. They made several arrests including the Baltimore marshal of police George P. Kane, Baltimore Mayor William Brown, and, on September 17, nine members of the Maryland legislature and the chief clerk of the Maryland Senate. The members of the Maryland legislature were arrested for fear that, if allowed to attend the legislative session, they would vote for secession from the Union.

For all of his handwringing, Lincoln believed it was better to save the Union than live up to its guarantees. (11) In 1862 in a public letter to Horace Greely, he went so far as to say, "If I could save the Union without freeing any slave I would do it; and if I could save it by freeing all the slaves I would do it." (12) There is perhaps no worse example of the restriction of free speech in the entire Civil War than this one. Duly elected members of a state legislature were prevented from assembling and speaking on a critical issue. Along with free speech and assembly, states' rights were crushed in this effort to preserve the Union. It was clear from this moment what hierarchy of values Lincoln held dear.

Great article.  Like I said in the other thread.  Lincoln was all about saving the union and I agree with him.  What at least Lincoln had legit reasons for what he did.  Bush really stretched it.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2008, 02:15:44 AM »
Worst ever:

1. George W Bush

2. Herbert Hoover. Fcuked up the US economy and brought the nation into the great Depression. then he had the nerve to critizise FDR for his New Deal that fixed what Hoover fcuked up.

3. Gerald Ford.Who the fcuk is Gerald Ford?

Most underrated: Jimmy Carter and Richard Nixon.

Most overrated: Easily John F Kennedy. The guy almost brought the world into WW III, had his kid brother to thank for a lot if not all.

As empty as paradise

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2008, 04:55:20 AM »
george w bush
jimmy carter
james buchanan

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2008, 05:06:40 AM »

Nothing illegal at all however and well within the legal bounds of the Constitution.

Are you being serious?
G

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2008, 05:39:55 AM »

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I'm pretty sure lying to congress to get us into a war is pretty illegal.  and yes, he did.  Don't give me that intelligence failure crap either...

the_steevo_uk

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2008, 06:41:34 AM »
Worst ever:

1. George W Bush

2. Herbert Hoover. Fcuked up the US economy and brought the nation into the great Depression. then he had the nerve to critizise FDR for his New Deal that fixed what Hoover fcuked up.

Most overrated: Easily John F Kennedy. The guy almost brought the world into WW III, had his kid brother to thank for a lot if not all.

To be fair hedgehog, most scholarship on the Cuban missile crisis now acknowledges that it was Bobby Kennedy who was the hawk who pushed for air strikes very early on, and in fact it was Jack Kennedy who was the more moderating influence throughout the thirteen days crisis.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2008, 08:00:45 AM »

Holy fvck.  ::)

pumphard

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2008, 09:30:31 AM »
Worst ever:

1. George W Bush

What did Jimmy do?