Author Topic: 100% Whey Protein  (Read 1181 times)

Painlayer69

• Getbig III
100% Whey Protein
« on: December 12, 2008, 10:23:01 AM »
Does this protein have to slow of a digestion rate to have as a post workout shake?????

I was at GNC today picking up some and the guy at the counter was trying to talk me out of buying it just for that reason. Im not sure i he was just trying to make a higher amount in sales or what.

But i have ALWAYS taken 100% whey pre and post workout. I also mix in RAW oatmeal with it now as well.

Thanx

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
Re: 100% Whey Protein
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2008, 01:19:40 AM »
So i assume it's the GNC brand protein?

Anyway, it should be fine.

Avoid GNC if you can. When i first started out i bought stuff there, now i buy most my stuff online. GNC does have good discounts occasionally though...

Oatmeal pre workout is ok, but maybe have some type of simple carb with your post workout shake.
No doubt about it...

Painlayer69

• Getbig III
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2008, 10:55:18 PM »
Thank you webcke thats the kinda info ive been tryin to find out by being a member here.

Yeah the only reason that i bought it from there was the almost 50% sale that was going on.

Simple carb... seriously?? Like what??

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2008, 11:03:58 PM »
Thank you webcke thats the kinda info ive been tryin to find out by being a member here.

Yeah the only reason that i bought it from there was the almost 50% sale that was going on.

Well people like to ingest simple carbs post workout (or during the workout) because they claim it causes an insulin spike.

You can use stuff like dextrose or even things like honey.

Google it if you want.....as like most things in bodybuilding.....everyon e has an opinion on what works and why.

No doubt about it...

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2008, 09:07:43 AM »
Does this protein have to slow of a digestion rate to have as a post workout shake?????

I was at GNC today picking up some and the guy at the counter was trying to talk me out of buying it just for that reason. Im not sure i he was just trying to make a higher amount in sales or what.

But i have ALWAYS taken 100% whey pre and post workout. I also mix in RAW oatmeal with it now as well.

Thanx
that fine...take it one hour pre workout and drink it during your workout..thatw ill allow for the digestion rate to be time so that you have your pre workout shake ready when you get the gym and you intra shake ready when you leave the gym

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2008, 09:14:31 AM »
take that shit dog
Z

Painlayer69

• Getbig III
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2008, 09:21:45 AM »
Thanx guys i was just wondering if thats why my gains are and have been coming VERY slowly

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2008, 03:29:46 PM »

Really?
The subject has been beaten to death here over the years.
Just since November these threads were active.

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=240026.0

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=251788.0

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=251034.0

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=241865.0

:

Painlayer69

• Getbig III
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2008, 11:10:58 PM »
Thanx?