Author Topic: Abortion Fight Shifts to Neb. After Tiller Death  (Read 16315 times)

Dr Loomis

• Getbig III
Re: Abortion Fight Shifts to Neb. After Tiller Death
« Reply #100 on: August 30, 2009, 06:08:41 PM »
what if the man does want the kid and the woman doesn't

if we are talking about fairness and equal rights shouldn't the woman be forced to have the kid

Is this unreasonable if the health of the mother and child are not in jeopardy?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #101 on: August 30, 2009, 06:16:48 PM »
Im not quite sure your idea of fairness at the beginning i dont understand what you mean so no...

it's not my idea

it's your idea

you're the one who wrote:

when did i say it started out fair?

No not at all she also has a choice

the actions to be taken are not as important at this point in time as the acceptance that some action needs to be taken to fix the unfairness...so again admit that you cannot logically and in all fairness deny the man the right to choose and give it solely to the women...

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #102 on: August 30, 2009, 06:17:55 PM »
Is this unreasonable if the health of the mother and child are not in jeopardy?

how to you propose that we (the US Govt) enforce unwanted birth?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #103 on: August 30, 2009, 06:21:30 PM »
it's not my idea

it's your idea

you're the one who wrote:

i undestand the idea of fairness straw just not how it applies to the "beginning" as you call it  ::)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #104 on: August 30, 2009, 06:24:10 PM »
it seems you agree straw that there is an unfairness to the entire issue, correct?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #105 on: August 30, 2009, 06:25:38 PM »
i undestand the idea of fairness straw just not how it applies to the "beginning" as you call it  ::)

there is no "fairness"

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #106 on: August 30, 2009, 06:28:06 PM »
it seems you agree straw that there is an unfairness to the entire issue, correct?

yes

the woman get the worst part of the deal

Dr Loomis

• Getbig III
« Reply #107 on: August 30, 2009, 06:29:12 PM »
how to you propose that we (the US Govt) enforce unwanted birth?

I dont propose it, a woman can terminate her own pregnancy if she wants. Im saying its not equal ground. A man in theory should have exact same options as a woman, he dont and never will

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #108 on: August 30, 2009, 06:31:17 PM »
I dont propose it, a woman can terminate her own pregnancy if she wants. Im saying its not equal ground. A man in theory should have exact same options as a woman, he dont and never will

a man IN THEORY should be able to give birth

then everything would be equal

right

Deedee

• Getbig V
  • They sicken of the calm, who knew the storm.
« Reply #109 on: August 30, 2009, 06:32:34 PM »
I am personally against abortion dee but that has no bearing on this issue if your going to give the choice to one logically you must give the choice to the other.

the morality of abortion doesnt come into play here dee simply fairness under the law.

Your idea of fairness under the law is how society used to function. It worked like this.

Under your premise, you have no responsibility for any child you father, because the option of abortion exists. Therefore, you're no longer responsible for birth control, at all, because any child born is the woman's problem. Also, you can go out and get 30 women pregnant for all you care, because you aren't responsible for any one of them. It becomes the tax payer's responsibility. And the woman's. She needs to be punished in that case.

Sounds good to you? Fine, just don't talk about equality, because that ain't it.

Dr Loomis

• Getbig III
« Reply #110 on: August 30, 2009, 06:32:38 PM »
yes

she can put a condom on her friend or take a pill, a man can put a condom on or get a procedure done. If they dont, then its 50-50 from there. a woman can be a mother if she wants and legally try to get support. a man cant choose to be a father and do the same.

whats the worse part for a woman?

Dr Loomis

• Getbig III
« Reply #111 on: August 30, 2009, 06:34:55 PM »
a man IN THEORY should be able to give birth

then everything would be equal

right

nature/god made it that way, wasnt a choice by man or woman. it shouldnt affect the decisions that are made after a joint venture of conceiving a child should it?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #112 on: August 30, 2009, 06:37:38 PM »
nature/god made it that way, wasnt a choice by man or woman. it shouldnt affect the decisions that are made after a joint venture of conceiving a child should it?

so nature/god made it "unfair"

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #113 on: August 30, 2009, 06:42:26 PM »
yes

LOL  ::)

Dr Loomis

• Getbig III
« Reply #114 on: August 30, 2009, 06:42:29 PM »
so nature/god made it "unfair"

Its not unfair. its how it is.

if a woman can choose to abort a man's child without his consent, then barring any health issues, a man should be able to have his child aborted without her consent. thats all about equality and being fair. doesnt matter whos carrying the child, she shouldve thought about that, the same as the man before they took that chance.

if a woman can choose to have his kid and collect support for it and raise it on her own than a man should have that option also. if its about equality, why would it be any other way?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #115 on: August 30, 2009, 06:44:39 PM »
Its not unfair. its how it is.

if a woman can choose to abort a man's child without his consent, then barring any health issues, a man should be able to have his child aborted without her consent issues.
thats all about equality and being fair. doesnt matter whos carrying the child, she shouldve thought about that, the same as the man before they took that chance.

if a woman can choose to have his kid and collect support for it and raise it on her own than a man should have that option also. if its about equality, why would it be any other way?

so you're saying that men should be able to enforce an abortion if that is what he chooses

but you also know he can't do that

and you also think this is not unfair

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #116 on: August 30, 2009, 06:47:05 PM »
Your idea of fairness under the law is how society used to function. It worked like this.

Under your premise, you have no responsibility for any child you father, because the option of abortion exists. Therefore, you're no longer responsible for birth control, at all, because any child born is the woman's problem. Also, you can go out and get 30 women pregnant for all you care, because you aren't responsible for any one of them. It becomes the tax payer's responsibility. And the woman's. She needs to be punished in that case.

Sounds good to you? Fine, just don't talk about equality, because that ain't it.

where did i say that they have should have no obligation?

I said that is an option, there could be a reduced child support payment as another option etc...

again you agree that their is an unfairness there dont you?

fine you want to cut off tax payer funds to those single mothers fine, you see how idiotic that sounds youre really good at creating straw men dee  ::)

Dr Loomis

• Getbig III
« Reply #117 on: August 30, 2009, 06:52:29 PM »
so you're saying that men should be able to enforce an abortion if that is what he chooses

but you also know he can't do that

and you also think this is not unfair

its how it is bro, eqaul or not, fair or unfair. could enact legislation to protect the life of a mans child, would that be wrong?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #118 on: August 30, 2009, 06:53:13 PM »
where did i say that they have should have no obligation?

I said that is an option, there could be a reduced child support payment as another option etc...

again you agree that their is an unfairness there dont you?

fine you want to cut off tax payer funds to those single mothers fine, you see how idiotic that sounds youre really good at creating straw men dee  ::)

your premise is that pregnancy is unfair to men

right?

Deedee

• Getbig V
  • They sicken of the calm, who knew the storm.
« Reply #119 on: August 30, 2009, 06:53:46 PM »
LOL  ::)

Ever been pregnant and poor or alone? Or already had 5 and want to commit suicide if you have another? Big blatherer.

What would you do if you got your girlfriend pregnant tomorrow? Leave school and get a shitty job to support it, or tell your girlfriend to get an abortion or you won't stick around?

You have soooo many philosophical ideas, but little in the way of empathy for real life situations. Barely any of them fall into the category of some woman trying to grub a few hundred dollars a month out of a man for revenge, while she bears the responsibility for actually raising a kid.

And you certainly don't get that all your philosophical ideas generally cost the tax payer a lot of money.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #120 on: August 30, 2009, 06:55:04 PM »
its how it is bro, eqaul or not, fair or unfair. could enact legislation to protect the life of a mans child, would that be wrong?

why would we need legislation if EQUAL or NOT?

I thought your position that it was not equal and that the man was at disadvantage

sorry, maybe I'm confusing you with Tony

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #121 on: August 30, 2009, 06:55:49 PM »
your premise is that pregnancy is unfair to men

right?
no strawman but your living up to your name ::)

youve become part of the problem with the politics board bro congrats  :-X

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #122 on: August 30, 2009, 06:59:18 PM »
no strawman but your living up to your name ::)

youve become part of the problem with the politics board bro congrats  :-X

dude, I'm trying to understand your point of view

feel free to lay it out in bullet form for all of us to understand

I'll help you get started

fill in the blank

"I believe................. ........................ ......"

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #123 on: August 30, 2009, 06:59:52 PM »
Ever been pregnant and poor or alone? Or already had 5 and want to commit suicide if you have another? Big blatherer.

What would you do if you got your girlfriend pregnant tomorrow? Leave school and get a shitty job to support it, or tell your girlfriend to get an abortion or you won't stick around?

You have soooo many philosophical ideas, but little in the way of empathy for real life situations. Barely any of them fall into the category of some woman trying to grub a few hundred dollars a month out of a man for revenge, while she bears the responsibility for actually raising a kid.

And you certainly don't get that all your philosophical ideas generally cost the tax payer a lot of money.
again dee you KNOW NOTHING AND I MEAN NOTHING OF ME AND MY LIFE SO PLEASE STOP

If i happend to get a girl pregnant which i have only a 99.9% chance of doing since I use contraceptives, who knew they worked?  ::) I would do what I needed to do to take care of my child. I go to night school as it is dee so i could still work and go to school.

Hey im fine if you want to cut off funds to them all together its your ilk and your bleeding heart that advocates for that.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #124 on: August 30, 2009, 07:01:24 PM »
you cannot logically give a choice to the women and not give a choice to the man.

WHEN A MAN CAN "LOGICALLY" GET PREGNANT YOU CAN THEN "LOGICALLY" GIVE HIM THE SAME CHOICE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Duh!