Author Topic: The Official Certified Personal Trainers ONLY Thread  (Read 11860 times)

Nirvana

• Getbig V
Re: The Official Certified Personal Trainers ONLY Thread
« Reply #50 on: April 08, 2010, 03:41:40 PM »
Goodrum vs HugeRipped

discuss

noworries

• Getbig V
  • Train Heavy or Go Home
« Reply #51 on: April 08, 2010, 03:47:59 PM »

I only had to give up material things for a very short time.  Nowadays I can buy what I want but I'm very frugal with my money.  I spend it wisely and don't waste it on silly stuff  

Goodrum how much did this set you back.  Does Vissy at least pay for half.  And maybe with all that dough you make you can get a gym membership and start training and get some muscle.  Quit cutting corners by thinking you can achieve some kind of muscularity by playing with balls (pardon the pun) and bands.
No Worries 4 me

bodybuilder1234

• Getbig IV
  • Manny Pacquiao KO Floyd 1
« Reply #52 on: April 08, 2010, 04:05:58 PM »
noworries, why r u so obssessed with Goodrum?

noworries

• Getbig V
  • Train Heavy or Go Home
« Reply #53 on: April 08, 2010, 04:07:00 PM »
Its not a job.  Its my own business that I started from the ground up in 2001 when I trained people and sold Vitamin Power supplements from the back of my car and at the flea market every weekend.  

Nowadays it pays the bills and I don't have to work anymore for any company.  Companies hire employees for wholesale price and sell them for retail.  They tell you when to work, how much you make, and dictate how you live, and how you pay your bills.

That's why I don't care what anyone says about my business.  I'd rather have my freedom than to be someone's slave

hahahaha, you have said you have been laid-off so many jobs.  In reality you burnt match, you were fired from every job,  That is a fact.  You can't hold a job.  The only thing you can do is do something on your own.  No one would hire you.  You don't train people at a real gym because they won't let you,  Why don't you tell the fucking truth.  You are Mr. Excuse.  This is the only title you will ever have besides Mr. Delusional, Mr. Stupid, Mr. Last Place and some others.  You are so fucked up you admit no one even wants you as a slave
No Worries 4 me

noworries

• Getbig V
  • Train Heavy or Go Home
« Reply #54 on: April 08, 2010, 04:14:57 PM »
noworries, why r u so obssessed with Goodrum?

Because I hate fuckers like him who pretend to be someone they are not and then peddle it off to others.  He cuts corners instead of doing the hard work it takes to be something.  He preaches to everyone on subjects he has NO experience in or knowledge and then ridicules those who have.  He tries so hard to act smart and comes off stupid.  He pretends to be an expert in everything.  he uses bullshit creditinials and then tries to pawn himself off to people as someone with expereince and knowledge.  He will talks about people like he actually knows them and their personal life.  He gets into peoples personal lives.  He talks shiot but can't back it up.  And he tries to convince us to see what he sees in his body.  Plus I hate when he tries to make it look like :he is in the know" like when he says my friend on the inside told me this top secret.  he is full of shit.  I have more but I have to eat.
No Worries 4 me

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #55 on: April 08, 2010, 05:28:19 PM »
Like the article says....

www.mpftrainingsystems.c om

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #56 on: April 08, 2010, 05:32:58 PM »
hahah epic 'interned hall of famer' taking the time out of his day to dig up old threads hahahah  look like you win hahah ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)
Epic Two page 4 html inked meltdown hahahahha
jeez looks like i still got it, i must of really touched a nerve lol hahaha
L

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #57 on: April 08, 2010, 08:24:44 PM »
hahah epic 'interned hall of famer' taking the time out of his day to dig up old threads hahahah  look like you win hahah ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)
Epic Two page 4 html inked meltdown hahahahha
jeez looks like i still got it, i must of really touched a nerve lol hahaha

It did touch a nerve...the funny bone.... :D
A

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #58 on: April 08, 2010, 08:26:50 PM »
Thats like saying a Bachelors or a Masters degree "don't mean shit" (to quote your perversion of the english language). In general, I have found that the people who regularly claim that standards of education and qualification do not mean anything are the ones that lack the intellectual or professional competency to obtain said academic certification.

LOL @ the fact that Coach probably makes 10x the amount of money you do..

ShipSekki

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #59 on: April 08, 2010, 08:32:02 PM »
 Being a certified personal trainer is a step up from working at McDonalds at least.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #60 on: April 08, 2010, 08:36:30 PM »

Which of course is nothing more than a crybaby article from trainers who are upset over not having as much success as trainers who have only been in the business for a very short time.  

What they should concentrate on including yourself is simply putting your ego in your pocket and take a hard look at your current business model and not care what someone else is doing down the road.  

EliteFTS may raise a few points but the problem is that the whole article is still pointless and without merit.  They or anyone else do not have the authority to decide good trainers from bad trainers.  
A

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #61 on: April 08, 2010, 08:44:00 PM »
I have 2 certifications and a diploma however clients only care about results...not what's hanging on your wall.
If this guy does have certs thats proves they dont mean shit , just take a look at him hahahahaahaha

noworries

• Getbig V
  • Train Heavy or Go Home
« Reply #62 on: April 08, 2010, 08:53:59 PM »

Which of course is nothing more than a crybaby article from trainers who are upset over not having as much success as trainers who have only been in the business for a very short time.  

What they should concentrate on including yourself is simply putting your ego in your pocket and take a hard look at your current business model and not care what someone else is doing down the road.  

EliteFTS may raise a few points but the problem is that the whole article is still pointless and without merit.  They or anyone else do not have the authority to decide good trainers from bad trainers.  

This describes you to a tee.  Goodrum you have been asked numerous times how many clients you have and you have dodged the question everytime.  How long are you going to put up this charade about training people.  You cannot be a trainer when you have NO clients.
No Worries 4 me

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #63 on: April 08, 2010, 08:54:29 PM »

I briefly scanned the article on nutrition and have a slight disagreement with the accessment that white sugar is high in calories. It's no higher than any other carbohydrate, 4 calories per gram. Fat, at 9 calories per gram, is over twice as high.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: April 08, 2010, 08:57:19 PM »
HugeRipped is keeping things interesting around here.

HR, please answer the question about Bent Over rows. Do it in degrees not radians.

noworries

• Getbig V
  • Train Heavy or Go Home
« Reply #65 on: April 08, 2010, 09:02:30 PM »

HR, please answer the question about Bent Over rows. Do it in degrees not radians.

i am pretty sure hugeripped is Falcon gimmick
No Worries 4 me

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • stuff for dumplings
« Reply #66 on: April 08, 2010, 09:08:36 PM »

Now that is an interesting hypothesis right there.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: April 08, 2010, 09:09:57 PM »

Falcon is not as articulate. He can barely string a sentence together. Not dissing the Falcon. I kind of miss the old meth head. It was interesting watching him degenerate both physically and mentally over the last couple of years. Rec drugs really do a number on you. "Epic leans" lol, that always cracks me up.

I like how his HugeRipped guy seems pretty oblivious to the flamings. Just keeps plugging away. That's what I like about GetBig, just when things start getting boring someone like him pops up.

HugeRipped

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #68 on: April 08, 2010, 09:12:02 PM »

Regarding the proper form on Bent Over Barbell Rows, one must take individual physiology into account to assess and assign accurate ergonomics. To speak for the general population, though, perform Barbell Bent Over Rows with slight knee flexion, shoulder girdle pulled back and spinal erectors straightened so that the allignment of the back creates an even plane. To maintain proper form, one should keep his or her head facing forward; this will synergistically keep the back in the correct ergonomic position. One should keep his or her hips flexed so that the spine is close to parallel to the floor. Most people keep their back at a 45 degree angle, which is ergonomically incorrect and is used simply to create a physiological point of leverage to use more weight while sacrificing form. The back should remain in a linear position parallel to the floor.

mogulgangi

• Getbig IV
  • fitness celebrity
« Reply #69 on: April 08, 2010, 09:12:31 PM »
I noticed an absence of a similar thread on this board, so I thought I would be the first to create it.

This thread is the official venue in which certified personal trainers can discuss important issues that relate to the fitness field; new exercise trends amongst the public, effective fat loss programs, muscle building for the layman, etc. If you are not a certified personal trainer, please do not bother posting in this thread unless you are asking us questions - but for the most part I'd like to keep this an exclusive means of discussing industry sensitive issues amongst qualified fitness professionals.

Also, if you recieved your certification via an entirely online program such as the ISSA, do not bother posting in here. While you may be possess a nationally recognized certification allowing you to work at the local LA Fitness or Bally's, any real fitness professional knows that true exercise science knowledge cannot be tested entirely behind a computer monitor.

I will kick this discussion off: how have you guys been able to maintain the sensitive equilibrium of nutrition in combination with the typical goal related exercise program?

- HR

r u gay

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • stuff for dumplings
« Reply #70 on: April 08, 2010, 09:13:35 PM »
What happens if I go to 74 deg. ???

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #71 on: April 08, 2010, 09:25:41 PM »
What happens if I go to 74 deg. ???

YOUR SPINAL CORD WILL GET TORN FROM YOUR BACK!!!
X

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #72 on: April 08, 2010, 10:34:45 PM »

Thanks for proving your lack of comprehension and knowledge of who is successful in the industry is about nil with you. And yes, they do have the authority to analyze who is a bad trainer from a good trainer as do I. For example, If I asked you or this "hugeripped" clown to put together a strength program or even a basic fitness program for a healthy person, I'd be willing to bet you clowns couldn't put together a sound program if your life depended on it.

HugeRipped

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #73 on: April 08, 2010, 10:51:19 PM »
Thanks for proving your lack of comprehension and knowledge of who is successful in the industry is about nil with you. And yes, they do have the authority to analyze who is a bad trainer from a good trainer as do I. For example, If I asked you or this "hugeripped" clown to put together a strength program or even a basic fitness program for a healthy person, I'd be willing to bet you clowns couldn't put together a sound program if your life depended on it.

I must have missed it where you stated what your Master's is in; mine is in Exercise Science.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #74 on: April 08, 2010, 11:00:56 PM »
I must have missed it where you stated what your Master's is in; mine is in Exercise Science.

LOL...who cares? Results count pal. But if it makes a difference to you I came about six months short of my degree......TWENTY SEVEN YEARS AGO, that being said I've had enough continuing education throughout the years that I still keep up on to basically bury you not only in knowledge but the results of my athletes, clients and my business. Quit bragging, show yourself and/or the results of your clients or go away.