Author Topic: Pro-life 'personhood' effort advances  (Read 7752 times)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
Re: Pro-life 'personhood' effort advances
« Reply #100 on: June 03, 2010, 07:44:48 AM »
Interesting take, I believe they are both morally wrong, but the logic is good.    lol
thanks and I agree I personally would never marry someone who would abort our child and I personally would never turn my back on a child of mine. I personally think that abortions should be outlawed with exceptions to rape and mothers health not b/c I think its wrong(b/c who am I to tell someone else whats right or wrong) but b/c it is 99.99% preventable in this day in age. Its not though so as long as you give the woman a choice the man deserves an equal choice.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #101 on: June 03, 2010, 08:39:43 AM »
weve gone over this before straw...I ask you 5 questions that you refuse to answer then ask me one and get pissed I dont answer it...

since I asked you first its polite for you to answer mine first then I will answer yours...

why is the child the mans responsibility?

how many times can I answer the same question.

The child is not the mans responsibilty - the child is the responsibility of both parents.

--------------

now, I think this is a summary of your position.  Please clarify any part that I don't have correct and tell me if there are any other inequalities that you percieve (and presumably that would require some offset to make things fair)

if you get a girl pregnant and you (the man) are not given then option to either force her to abort or carry that child then you (the man) are entitled to what you believe is the equivalent option of not being forced to be financially responsible for the child

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #102 on: June 03, 2010, 08:46:26 AM »
how many times can I answer the same question.

The child is not the mans responsibilty - the child is the responsibility of both parents.
LMAO why does the man have responsibility to the child straw?

ill give you credit youre finding many ways to side step the answer...as you know it will show the lack of logical thinking that you have

why does the man have responsibility to the child?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #103 on: June 03, 2010, 08:48:20 AM »
LMAO why does the man have responsibility to the child straw?

ill give you credit youre finding many ways to side step the answer...as you know it will show the lack of logical thinking that you have

why does the man have responsibility to the child?

I answered yours (many times) now you answer mine

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #104 on: June 03, 2010, 08:48:40 AM »
it has nothing to do with me having a say over her body, I think she should have a say over what happens to her body but that its her choice alone so her responsibility alone...

since though you believe its also the mans responsibility its only fair that he get an equal option...it would probably take the form of no financial responsibility for his legal rights but thats not the point the point is that the MAN SHOULD HAVE AN EQUAL CHOICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #105 on: June 03, 2010, 08:49:33 AM »
I answered yours (many times) now you answer mine
NOOOO you did not answer the question...

why does the man have responsibility to the child straw?

please post a link to the answer if you have maybe I missed it

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #106 on: June 03, 2010, 08:50:58 AM »
NOOOO you did not answer the question...

please post a link to the answer if you have maybe I missed it

answer my question or I'm done wasting my time with you

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #107 on: June 03, 2010, 08:53:21 AM »
answer my question or I'm done wasting my time with you
its manners straw to answer the question posed first, first...

you havent answered my question...or quote your answer I may have missed it...

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #108 on: June 03, 2010, 08:56:57 AM »

The child would not exist without the man's contribution to the process.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #109 on: June 03, 2010, 08:58:21 AM »
its manners straw to answer the question posed first, first...

you havent answered my question...or quote your answer I may have missed it...

his kid = his repsonsibility

that's your answer now answer a question of mine

I'll even give you an easy one

Yes or No

If abortion were illegal and the state forced the woman to give  birth then would be the man still be entitled to the option of walking away from his responsiblity?

First answer Yes or No and then if you want to explain your answer thats fine too

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #110 on: June 03, 2010, 09:01:04 AM »

Yes or No

If abortion were illegal and the state forced the woman to give  birth then would be the man still be entitled to the option of walking away from his responsiblity?

First answer Yes or No and then if you want to explain your answer thats fine too

I say no... but that's because then neither has a choice... If you give the choice to one, you have to give it to both.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #111 on: June 03, 2010, 09:01:57 AM »
The child would not exist without the man's contribution to the process.
THANK YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUU lurker I am very much appreciative for your straight forwardness...

now that we have that piece of knowledge is the mans contribution not there while the woman is pregnant? does his contribution start after birth or after conception?

so why does he only have a say after birth? its still have his in the womb isnt it? so using your logic that its his contribution(its half his) one should agree that he should have some say...

but b/c its her body and he doesnt, HE SHOULD GET AN EQUAL SAY(equal choice) in regards to his envolvement with the unborn child...

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #112 on: June 03, 2010, 09:04:15 AM »

Yes or No

If abortion were illegal and the state forced the woman to give  birth then would be the man still be entitled to the option of walking away from his responsiblity?

first off if it b/c its his kid then logically its his fetus as well so why doesnt he get a say over what happens to the fetus?

No the man would not have the option to walk away in your scenario...its about equality like holmes said if you give the option to one you need to give the option to the other...right now we only give one person the option...

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #113 on: June 03, 2010, 09:08:37 AM »
first off if it b/c its his kid then logically its his fetus as well so why doesnt he get a say over what happens to the fetus?

No the man would not have the option to walk away in your scenario...its about equality like holmes said if you give the option to one you need to give the option to the other...right now we only give one person the option...

so in your mind the "walk away" option is predicated upon the man having no say over whether the woman choose to have the baby or have an abortion

correct?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #114 on: June 03, 2010, 09:14:35 AM »
so in your mind the "walk away" option is predicated upon the man having no say over whether the woman choose to have the baby or have an abortion

correct?
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
it has nothing to do with me having a say over her body, I think she should have a say over what happens to her body but that its her choice alone so her responsibility alone...

since though you believe its also the mans responsibility its only fair that he get an equal option...it would probably take the form of no financial responsibility for his legal rights but thats not the point the point is that the MAN SHOULD HAVE AN EQUAL CHOICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

now

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #115 on: June 03, 2010, 09:38:12 AM »

your position makes no sense

you claim to not want control over the womans body yet you also claim BECAUSE you dont' have control that you should be given (what you believe is an equivalent option) of not being financially repsonsible for the child.

This makes NO SENSE

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #116 on: June 03, 2010, 09:43:32 AM »
your position makes no sense

you claim to not want control over the womans body yet you also claim BECAUSE you dont' have control that you should be given (what you believe is an equivalent option) of not being financially repsonsible for the child.

This makes NO SENSE
LMAO where do I claim I want control over a womans body?  ::)

your stance makes no sense you say b/c its part his kid, well the kid was developed from a fetus that was guess what half his so according to your logic he should have the same say over the fetus as he does the child...

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #117 on: June 03, 2010, 09:57:03 AM »
LMAO where do I claim I want control over a womans body?  ::)

your stance makes no sense you say b/c its part his kid, well the kid was developed from a fetus that was guess what half his so according to your logic he should have the same say over the fetus as he does the child...

if you don't want control then you have no loss and nothing that needs to be compsenated, evened out, etc...

your whole premise is that because you don't have control that you're entitled to some equivalent option and you think that equivalency is being absolved of any financial obligation

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #118 on: June 03, 2010, 10:01:07 AM »
LMAO this is the example of what happens if you follow your logic you dumb fuck!!!!!!!! :o :o ::) FUKING WOW!!!!!!!!!!! seriously wow dude!!!

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #119 on: June 03, 2010, 10:03:40 AM »
according to you its his responsibility b/c its his child now following that logic the fetus is half his, since he doesnt doesnt get a say in what happens to the fetus he should be presented with another choice...

I dont feel he should have a say over what she does with her body but if she gets a choice so should he.....

but you think that he should take care of the child simply b/c its his, so why do you not give him a say over the fetus b/c after all it is half his and your logic says thats enough to make him responsible for the child but not the fetus?

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #120 on: June 03, 2010, 10:04:34 AM »
I've posted the numbers numerous times.  The majority of the country is either pro life or favors restrictions on abortions. 
For the first time since the Roe vs Wade decision was handed down, the pro-life community outweighs the pro-choice community.  It's still close, but last I saw (w/in last 4 months) it was 51% in support of life and 48% in support of abortion.  I'll see if I can find some more info. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #121 on: June 03, 2010, 10:04:50 AM »
LMAO this is the example of what happens if follow your logic you dumb fuck!!!!!!!! :o :o ::) FUKING WOW!!!!!!!!!!! seriously wow dude!!!

i.e. you have no response because you either don't understand or you understand and you have no defense of your position

if you don't want to the have some control over the fetus (i.e. the womans body) then why do you keep bringing it up as justification for your beliefe that you should be able to walk away from your financial obligation

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #122 on: June 03, 2010, 10:10:32 AM »
i.e. you have no response because you either don't understand or you understand and you have no defense of your position

if you don't want to the have some control over the fetus (i.e. the womans body) then why do you keep bringing it up as justification for your beliefe that you should be able to walk away from your financial obligation

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #123 on: June 03, 2010, 10:11:16 AM »

OMG i am showing your the flaws in your logic...you think the man has responsibility to the child b/c its his, the fetus is his correct? so logically according to you b/c its his as well he should have responsibility to it and therefor have a say in it...thats where your logic leads...NOT MINE

I believe the man should have a choice b/c the womans body is her own and has a choice....

Im not justifying my beliefs with that statement you keep quoting im showing you the flaws in yours... ;)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #124 on: June 03, 2010, 10:11:32 AM »
I dont feel he should have a say over what she does with her body but if she gets a choice so should he.....

you do get a choice

you get the same choice she does

you get to decide what to do with your own body

I thought we already covered that