Author Topic: Will the cause of homosexuality ever be figured out?  (Read 24946 times)

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
Re: Will the cause of homosexuality ever be figured out?
« Reply #100 on: August 04, 2010, 12:33:29 AM »
Good for you. Tell me, why did you feel the need to emphasize that you are heterosexual by writing "all the way heterosexual?" If you are straight and secure in that knowledge, why would you care if someone thought you might be gay?

While it is clear many so call straight dudes are homophobic, why do you suppose you never hear about gay dudes being heterophobic? Homophobic = fear of homosexuals vs. heterophobic = fear of heterosexuals. By fear, I don't believe it means the same thing as being afraid someone will beat the crap out of you because you aren't the same as they are. But, I could be wrong about this.

Hetero is the norm. That is why straight guys "fear" about being mistaken for being a fag. Nothing lost for a queer to be mistaken as straight.

On bodybuilding boards one of the most common and oft paraphrased lines in Pumping Iron is, "Big dude. All the way big dude." Get it? It's sort of our special little inside joke.

Jeeze. Lighten up, homo.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #101 on: August 04, 2010, 01:11:38 AM »
Sure whatever, as you resort to name calling. Maybe it is you who should lighten up, fella....you are seeming a little paranoid/homophobic here.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #102 on: August 04, 2010, 02:09:04 AM »
Sure whatever, as you resort to name calling. Maybe it is you who should lighten up, fella....you are seeming a little paranoid/homophobic here.

What name calling? You said you were part homo right? But I just noticed that you are new here. This is GetBig not some fag board you're probably use to. Here we don't have to be politically correct and make sure we use the proper and acceptable terms and mind our manners. There's a positive board here for that. If you easily get butt hurt you should go to that board. They'll say oral copulation instead of cock sucking.

And homophobic? homo please? Who can be afraid of a guy who gets on all fours with his ass propped up in the air begging to be mounted, dominated and owned by another man? Not my thing but whatever makes you feel good. I'm libertarian on these issues and if it doesn't effect me it's none of my business.

Now stop whining like a submissive bottom bitch.

SgtSpar

• Getbig III
« Reply #103 on: August 04, 2010, 02:24:30 AM »
And homophobic? homo please? Who can be afraid of a guy who gets on all fours with his ass propped up in the air begging to be mounted, dominated and owned by another man? Not my thing but whatever makes you feel good. I'm libertarian on these issues and if it doesn't effect me it's none of my business.

I hate the term homophobic.  I'm not afraid of gays, I just think its disgusting.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #104 on: August 04, 2010, 02:29:50 AM »
Being gay and manifesting effeminate mannerism are not synonymous. There are lots of masculine acting gay men and effeminate acting straight men.
Never said it was I said "or"....

If you could guess the population I was talking about. Also, in population where men are constantly around one another, guess what happens? So, there needs to be balance when we are talking about raising boys, not for him to be surrounded by women all the time, and not for him to be always around dudes----ALL THE TIME.

We are also missing the hormonal component as well, I have to find this book, but there were researchers that found out that female rats that had more test in the wombs were far more aggressive, those male rats that had more estrogen in the wombs, were less agresive and exhibited homosexual attributes (having sex with one another). Like anything, balance is the key

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #105 on: August 04, 2010, 02:59:12 AM »
1.Being left handed is a physical condition. Homosexual sex is a behavior which is accepted behavior in our society. We don't put them in jail anymore. Same argument for 2.

homosexual orientation is no different than being left handed.  you either have same sex attractions or you don't.  no action is required.  I was 20 the first time I had sex.  That doesn't mean that I was heterosexual at 19.

Tim, were you born gay, or did you start out with girls and change over at some point in time?

I had same sex attractions when I was 7 and all through school.

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #106 on: August 04, 2010, 03:04:10 AM »
the current thought is that homosexual men are caused by mothers with an excess of "man-loving gene".. whatever that might be.

it was discovered that homosexual men tend to come from families with large amounts of children. that is to say, they come from mothers who get pregnant alot. this might indicate that the mothers of homosexual men have something about them that makes them desire men, and sex with men, more than the average woman. a so called "man loving gene". and this can be passed down to one of the male offsrping.

I have 5 sisters and 1 brother.

Noone in my family is gay. Is it not down to a chemical imbalance in the brain?

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #107 on: August 04, 2010, 03:36:58 AM »
What name calling? You said you were part homo right? But I just noticed that you are new here. This is GetBig not some fag board you're probably use to. Here we don't have to be politically correct and make sure we use the proper and acceptable terms and mind our manners. There's a positive board here for that. If you easily get butt hurt you should go to that board. They'll say oral copulation instead of cock sucking.

lol   said like a good, natural libertarian....

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #108 on: August 04, 2010, 03:38:09 AM »
I have 5 sisters and 1 brother.

Noone in my family is gay. Is it not down to a chemical imbalance in the brain?
no, that's the Irish problem

phreak

• Getbig V
  • Food is amazing
« Reply #109 on: August 04, 2010, 03:44:13 AM »
A lot of Gay dudes have this thing about declaring such and such gay
A common misconception. These people do exist. And they are morons. But they are not the majority. Not even close. It's just that they are a very visible minority. Most gays just do what most heterosexuals do: mind their own business and not flaunt their sexuality.

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #110 on: August 04, 2010, 03:48:45 AM »
A common misconception. These people do exist. And they are morons. But they are not the majority. Not even close. It's just that they are a very visible minority. Most gays just do what most heterosexuals do: mind their own business and not flaunt their sexuality.
when you live in a 3rd world shithole country and have the internet y'all make moronic assertions...

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #111 on: August 04, 2010, 03:54:21 AM »
  lol   said like a good, natural libertarian....

I'm just busting his ovaries because he's new. You're still my favorite queen.

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #112 on: August 04, 2010, 03:56:15 AM »
I'm just busting his ovaries because he's new. You're still my favorite queen.
  ha  i love you too honey  :)

phreak

• Getbig V
  • Food is amazing
« Reply #113 on: August 04, 2010, 04:07:58 AM »
when you live in a 3rd world shithole country and have the internet y'all make moronic assertions...
I would hardly call The Netherlands a 3rd world country!

Oh, you were talking about the US? Carry on. ;D

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #114 on: August 04, 2010, 04:13:20 AM »
I would hardly call The Netherlands a 3rd world country!

Oh, you were talking about the US? Carry on. ;D
10-4  ok  quick question:  what's with the euro's buying denim when over here?  none available there ?  all the levi, wrangler etc stores filled with twinky euro trash   

kmhphoto

• Expert
  • Getbig IV
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #115 on: August 04, 2010, 04:18:44 AM »
That was said by Ghandi  not Christ.

And as we know for sure Ghandi existed then he may be a better choice to listen too. Otherwise you're relying on the interpretations of what others have written, about someone who never wrote a word.

phreak

• Getbig V
  • Food is amazing
« Reply #116 on: August 04, 2010, 04:19:02 AM »
10-4  ok  quick question:  what's with the euro's buying denim when over here?  none available there ?  all the levi, wrangler etc stores filled with twinky euro trash   
It's just a shitload more expensive here. Standard Levis and such aren't a luxury item here -- but close. Basically all clothing is expensive here, but especially American brands. But believe me: even though it's expensive here, they are everywhere.

MORTALCOIL

• Getbig V
« Reply #117 on: August 04, 2010, 04:22:17 AM »
It's just a shitload more expensive here. Standard Levis and such aren't a luxury item here -- but close. Basically all clothing is expensive here, but especially American brands. But believe me: even though it's expensive here, they are everywhere.

Fuckin denims are way too expensive here. I walways struggle with those 'cause I have to find something to fit my thighs in and with a narrow waist also. Diesel does one model that fits me fine. That shit is about 150€ a piece. That's ridiculous for jeans I think. I have no problem paying ten times that for a nice suit but that seems to much for that type of fabric.

G.O.A.T.

• Getbig II
  • TEAM LESNAR
« Reply #118 on: August 04, 2010, 04:54:09 AM »
Has anyone noticed how everyone's story has changed a little to support others theories as the debate has went on in an attempt to support their own?
TEAM LESNAR

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #119 on: August 04, 2010, 05:23:29 AM »
Has anyone noticed how everyone's story has changed a little to support others theories as the debate has went on in an attempt to support their own?

replace went with gone and you're almost assimilated, you terrorist  :)

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #120 on: August 04, 2010, 05:24:08 AM »
I recently watched a documentary on Harley Davidson. On the Davidson side, there were four brothers, each with a  different talent that contributed to the success of the product. One was good at sketching, another was very mechanical, another was a good engineer and the other was a great salesman.

That family is a microcosm of the species. For our survival we need a wide variety of skills and talents. Apparently, it's in the best interest of the species to have a small percentage of the population be men with an abnormal number of female characteristics and women with an abnormal number of male characteristics.

IMO, it's 100% biological.

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #121 on: August 04, 2010, 07:55:18 AM »
ask Xerses

he seems to have the GY chromosome

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #122 on: August 04, 2010, 11:31:43 AM »
Homosexuality = 100% biological.

I can't believe some of the comments in this thread trying to bring "religion" into it. Unbelieveable.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #123 on: August 04, 2010, 11:58:11 AM »
And as we know for sure Ghandi existed then he may be a better choice to listen too. Otherwise you're relying on the interpretations of what others have written, about someone who never wrote a word.

What kind of logic is that? Because you believe that by virtue someone for sure existed then that, in and of itself, merits listening to? There is more evidence that Christ existed than Socrates but I would rather take heed of his admonishment that "the unexamined life is not worth living," rather than the pacifist Ghandi who said, "Hitler killed five million Jews. It is the greatest crime of our time. But the Jews should have offered themselves to the butcher’s knife. They should have thrown themselves into the sea from cliffs.”

Ghandi believe that that collective suicide would have been a heroic response that would have "aroused the world and the people of Germany to Hitler's violence". LOL! It's always easy to ask someone else to die for a cause. Pacifism works when you are dealing with a decent person or government. That's why in India's battle for independence from the British Ghandi could lay across the train tracks and emerge unscathed. If he did that with the Nazis his mangled carcass would have been left for the butchers.

But I have a feeling your post was motivated more by anti-religion/anti-Christianity than any attempt at clear thinking.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #124 on: August 04, 2010, 04:01:29 PM »
I suppose if someone is not religious they can make homosexuality and marriage whatever they want to make it.

Personally I am religious and I find the idea that homosexuals are born that way to be ridiculous.  I'm not saying its as simple as a personal choice either.  I'm sure something happens at some point in their life that moves them to that type of behavior.  God made us all in his own likeness and image and with a certain nature and purpose.  As he did with everything else on this earth. Scripture is clear on the issue of homosexuality so to say someone is born into the world like that just doesn't make sense.

i love god and i am bisexual. figure that one out  ;)