Author Topic: Herniated disc  (Read 12032 times)

TacoBell

• Getbig V
  • Team FTN
Herniated disc
« on: March 14, 2011, 04:49:55 PM »
Well, just had an MRI and it turns out I have a herniated disc at L4L5.  Having an epidural tomm, but if it doesn't improve soon it will require surgery.  :-\ >:(

Anyone with recent experience with this shit?

Alex23

Re: Herniated disc
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2011, 04:52:02 PM »
Well, just had an MRI and it turns out I have a herniated disc at L4L5.  Having an epidural tomm, but if it doesn't improve soon it will require surgery.  :-\ >:(

Yup... had a 7mm protrusion on L5-S1.... did exercises, chiro, decompression went back for MRI and it was virtually gone 4 months later...

TacoBell

• Getbig V
  • Team FTN
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2011, 04:53:48 PM »
Yup... had a 7mm protrusion on L5-S1.... did exercises, chiro, decompression went back for MRI and it was virtually gone 4 months later...

Yea, decompression was mentioned, I'm def gonna try that.  But right now just in a ton of pain.
When you say exercises, could you actually work out?

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2011, 04:55:27 PM »

Ha! I've blown out discs, and now live with a farkin' bulging disc (disc!! wise asses!  ;D), and I'm sure it's not gonna get better. I'm older and going down hill, but baseball season is looming, so no time to start cryin.' Just get on with it, ya know?  

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2011, 04:56:33 PM »
Yea, decompression was mentioned, I'm def gonna try that.  But right now just in a ton of pain.
Just bang someone's mom it should free it up.

Alex23

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2011, 04:57:36 PM »
Yea, decompression was mentioned, I'm def gonna try that.  But right now just in a ton of pain.

By exercise I mean special stretching, posture re-education, home physical therapy basically.

Took about a month before I could even get in the gym... actually couldn't even walk for almost a week. no squats, dead for almost 6 months...

Get an inversion table; I honestly think this is what saved me..

TacoBell

• Getbig V
  • Team FTN
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2011, 04:57:47 PM »
Ha! I've blown out discs, and now live with a farkin' bulging disc (disc!! wise asses!  ;D), and I'm sure it's not gonna get better. I'm older and going down hill, but baseball season is looming, so no time to start cryin.' Just get on with it, ya know?  

But I'm practically crippled right now.  I've been pissing in a cup since Saturday.  It's pinching a nerve down my rt leg and i can't stand up.  Will it get better?

TacoBell

• Getbig V
  • Team FTN
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2011, 05:00:42 PM »

By exercise I mean special stretching, posture re-education, home physical therapy basically.

Took about a month before I could even get in the gym... actually couldn't even walk for almost a week. no squats, dead for almost 6 months...

Get an inversion table; I honestly think this is what saved me..

Cool.  Fortunately for me I have a number of physical therapy facilities at my disposal, but I'm really hoping to avoid surgery.

Alex23

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2011, 05:03:17 PM »
But I'm practically crippled right now.  I've been pissing in a cup since Saturday.  It's pinching a nerve down my rt leg and i can't stand up.  Will it get better?

Definitely will... I know how tuff it gets, don't give up and get depressed and move around as much as you can.... hot/cold/hot/cold really helped me. also get one of those cheap electro therapy machine if you can... it will stimulate blood flow and help with inflammation.

If you can get Flexeril and a good anti inflamatory, these are your main pharma. Avoid pain killers as much as you can. I never took those.

TacoBell

• Getbig V
  • Team FTN
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2011, 05:06:21 PM »
Definitely will... I know how tuff it gets, don't give up and get depressed and move around as much as you can.... hot/cold/hot/cold really helped me. also get one of those cheap electro therapy machine if you can... it will stimulate blood flow and help with inflammation.

If you can get Flexeril and a good anti inflamatory, these are your main pharma. Avoid pain killers as much as you can. I never took those.

Cool thanks, gh23  :D

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2011, 05:08:26 PM »
My lower back is f ucked up......thinking of seeing a doc soon,it`s been hell lately.

Good luck Taco,I feel your pain bud.  :(

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2011, 05:09:09 PM »
How old are you? That's a big one. My back's been dodgy for years , but up until a few years ago, would always recover, tho the recovery time would vary from 1 week to 9 months. Gravity, poor posture and a lifetime of playing hard have, I fear, caught up to me.    

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2011, 05:11:54 PM »
A couple years ago,I had to have my wife tie my shoes each morning before I trained...........used a glute/ham machine and it cleared up in a couple months,now it`s bad again!!

Started on the glute/ham machine this morning after struggling through a tough leg day...........I hope it helps again.

TacoBell

• Getbig V
  • Team FTN
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2011, 05:12:08 PM »
My lower back is f ucked up......thinking of seeing a doc soon,it`s been hell lately.

Good luck Taco,I feel your pain bud.  :(

Yea it's been a consistent dull ache starting in my back and running down my leg for the past few months.  
Friday in the gym I heard a pop, and by sat am I couldn't stand up.  I regret not dealing with it earlier, even though I imagined it was just muscle stiffness at the time.

TacoBell

• Getbig V
  • Team FTN
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2011, 05:15:30 PM »
How old are you? That's a big one. My back's been dodgy for years , but up until a few years ago, would always recover, tho the recovery time would vary from 1 week to 9 months. Gravity, poor posture and a lifetime of playing hard have, I fear, caught up to me.    

I'm in my late 30's.  For the past few months it's come and gone, but now it appears it's here to stay.  >:(

Alex23

« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2011, 05:15:46 PM »
Cool thanks, gh23  :D

Once I could stand up and walk enough I also took 2iu of gh, 400mg of Sam-e and tons of liquid Glucosamine & chondroid. I'm serious.

My main exercise routine was simple; I forgot the name of the exercise but I would lie on my stomach, camber my back as far as I could by basically doing a pushup until my elbow locked but hips/pelvis steadily on the floor, and hold as long as I could. then do little pelvis movements as if I was fucking the floor hard....  This basically helped "stretch" the disk and "push" it in the opposite direction, creating space and helping the herniated section to resorption.

Following that, I would invert completely on the inversion table for 20-30mins.

Stretch/Ice/stay POSITIVE !

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2011, 05:18:19 PM »
This sucks!  I think I almost herniated a disc once... in fact who knows, I may have really done it and just been dealing with it all these years.

Make sure you learn about good posture so you don't exacerbate the problem even more!

Alex23

« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2011, 05:19:51 PM »
Last note on inversion table... once you get more comfortable with it, have the wife/gf rub one off while fully inverted.... you can go for a licky too while she's going at it if you like...  what a feeling...  Just close eye/mouth if she steers off while you bust... it's sorta like a payback (she says...)

GodSpeed.

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2011, 05:20:28 PM »
10ius of some riptropins will clear that up nicely.

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2011, 05:24:48 PM »
Find a good physical therapist in your area. Sometimes a manual therapisst can fix you or I would try a run with lumbar traction static.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2011, 05:26:42 PM »
I'm in my late 30's.  For the past few months it's come and gone, but now it appears it's here to stay.  >:(
Hmm. I was good up 'til about 43, so maybe you have a few years left in ya. I found that flexibility, not strength was best for the lower back -ie. no hyper-extensions or deadlifts, or any real direct lower back work, but rather indirect stuff like stick twists. Heavy ab stuff is out; you train that with your other stuff like legs, back, etc. Also, one can add one set of  good ab crunching stuff after your workout - rope pull-downs, using only ab power, so they are really slow, breathing out, to full contraction; or incline sit-ups with a good ab wall stretch to a full contraction, also slow.  

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2011, 05:28:29 PM »
I've been dealing with the same shit since 2007, it sucks

TacoBell

• Getbig V
  • Team FTN
« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2011, 05:29:36 PM »
Last note on inversion table... once you get more comfortable with it, have the wife/gf rub one off while fully inverted.... you can go for a licky too while she's going at it if you like...  what a feeling...  Just close eye/mouth if she steers off while you bust... it's sorta like a payback (she says...)

GodSpeed.

Hahaha!  You really do think/act/stay positive lol

Alex23

« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2011, 05:32:36 PM »
Dr Chimp (which I suspect is an 'honorary' 'doctor') is right... flexibility over strength, although hyper extensions did help me but everyone is different..

THE MOST IMPORTANT IS: DO NOT STOP TRAINING & EXERCISING.

There is also that little precor machine where you sit on, hold the handles and culminate backwards, really helps stretching lumbar area but again everyone is different...

Check out that little homo going at it:

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2011, 05:37:14 PM »

hey brother i cured my back pains with BEANS

beans help the lower back recover

back pain can be a sign that your kidneys are over worked from diet or lack of nourishment , overworking of the body and too much ejaculation

what has happend is your kidneys are out of wack and need nourishment from beans like kidney beans

back pain is a result of this under nourishment, try it out and get back to me in a few days EAT ALOT OF THE BEANS ESPECIALLY KIDNEY BEANS

good luck!
A