Author Topic: While the World burns: Obama tapes NCAA picks/heads for RIO/ Starts War  (Read 20462 times)

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
Is this story remotely as important as the debt,deficit, energy, foreign policy?  Of course not! 

It is nitpicking?  Perhaps - but it still shows just how unserious and detached from reality this admn is on many levels.

Btw - how would obama even have the time to follow 64 teams for b ball if he was even half ass doing his job? 

Doesn't show that at all.  It shows however, that your objectivity has fallen victim to obvious spin and an attempt to enrage those who lost their good judgement. 

If you are going to rate Obama's focus in the mists of turmoil than you have to apply that to every other president and as I eluded to earlier, to make it easy you can start with FDR.  The standard you fall for is neither realistic or acceptable to anyone but the same ones you yourself often berate starting with Benny or
 Mons.  And that goes for that perception of the pres being a pretty animal too. 

After all, without any objectivity what do we really have?   The makings of a tool.

Most of what you criticize with OB is on the money.  I am just surprised you buy in into this obvious drivel. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Sometimes the little things provide just as much insight into things as the big things. 

Again - how does he have time to keep track of 64 bball teams if he is actually doing the job as potus? 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Funny - people attack me for posting this - yet - as I post this, I am listening to a serious discussion by foreign policy analysts and they mentioned this story and how the WH is completely AWOL in the ME issues and how piss poor obama is making this country look. 

But oh yeah, its 33 how is out of touch.   ::)  ::) ::)

BTW - if you think I am kidding - here is the show - it streams live.

www.johnbatchelorshow.co m

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Obama: No. 1 seeds will rule in NCAA tournaments
EmailPrint..– 1 hr 27 mins ago

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110316/ap_on_sp_ot/us_obama_ncaa_brackets_2

________________________ _______________________

WASHINGTON – March Madness is back at the White House, and President Barack Obama is picking the top seeds to advance to the Final Four.

For the third straight year, Obama has filled out an NCAA tournament bracket for ESPN. He says Duke, Kansas, Ohio State and Pittsburgh will make the men's Final Four.

Obama predicts Baylor, UConn, Stanford and Tennessee will advance in the women's tournament.

The president's entire brackets, including his choices for national champions, will be revealed on ESPN on Wednesday,

The basketball-player-in-chief is 1-1 when it comes to college basketball's national championship.

He correctly picked North Carolina to win in 2009. Last year, he went with Kansas, but Duke ended up taking home the trophy.

________________________ ________________________ _--

Team Obama is well advised to stay away from the link.  The comments at the site are not all that laudatory to our glorious leader. 

OzmO

• Getbig V
Yes 3333 that's because even garbage appeals to some people......hook line and sinker.   

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Yes 3333 that's because even garbage appeals to some people......hook line and sinker.   

Like ex-CIA people who deal with these issues? 

They specifically mentioned this and said the image this WH puts out to the world in beyond embarassing and that they hear it daily from their sources.   

By the way, Trump, Niall Ferguson, Nasim Taleb, all say the same thing.  That being - we are no longer remotely respected and almost universally laughed at. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
President Obama’s Trivial Pursuits
by Keith Koffler on March 15, 2011, 12:10 pm

http://www.whitehousedossier.com/2011/03/15/president-obamas-trivial-pursuits-2

________________________ ____________--

The Middle East is afire with rebellion, Japan is imploding from an earthquake, and the battle of the budget is on in the United States, but none of this seems to be deterring President Obama from a heavy schedule of childish distractions.

The newly installed tandem of White House Chief of Staff William Daley and Senior Adviser David Plouffe were supposed to impart a new sense of discipline and purpose to the White House. Instead, they are permitting him to showcase himself as a poorly focused leader who has his priorities backward.

This morning, as Japan’s nuclear crisis enters a potentially catastrophic phase, we are told that Obama is videotaping his NCAA tournament picks and that we’ll be able to tune into ESPN Wednesday to find out who he likes.

Saturday, he made his 61st outing to the golf course as president, and got back to the White House with just enough time for a quick shower before heading out to party with Washington’s elite journalists at the annual Gridiron Dinner.

With various urgencies swirling about him, Saturday’s weekly videotaped presidential address focusing on “Women’s History Month” seemed bizarrely out of touch.

Obama Friday took time out to honor the 2009-10 Stanley Cup Champion Chicago Blackhawks. Thursday was a White House conference on bullying – not a bad idea perhaps, but not quite Leader of the Free World stuff either.

Obama appeared a little sleepy as he weighed in against the bullies, perhaps because he’d spent the night before partying with lawmakers as they took in a Chicago Bulls vs. Charlotte Bobcats game.

Meanwhile, the president has been studying for weeks whether to establish a No Fly Zone over Libya, delaying action while the point becomes increasingly moot as Qaddafi begins to defeat and slaughter his opponents. And lawmakers from both Parties are wondering why he seems to be AWOL in the deficit reduction debate.

The Libya indecision follows an inconsistent response to the protests that ousted former Egyptian President Mubarak and seemed to catch the White House off guard. The perfunctory response from the White House Monday to Saudi Arabia’s dispatch of troops to Bahrain suggested the administration wasn’t prepared for that one either.

But the fun stuff won’t end anytime soon. On Thursday, the Taoiseach of Ireland will be in town to help the president celebrate St. Patrick’s Day. And then Friday it’s off to Brazil for the start of a three-country Latin American tour.

Oddly, he’ll be missing Carnival, which went down last week.

________________________ ________________________ _______--

BBBOOOM.     Sorry - no spinning that. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Even Trump is saying Obama is acting completely innappropriately in this. 

OzmO

• Getbig V
Like ex-CIA people who deal with these issues? 

They specifically mentioned this and said the image this WH puts out to the world in beyond embarassing and that they hear it daily from their sources.   

By the way, Trump, Niall Ferguson, Nasim Taleb, all say the same thing.  That being - we are no longer remotely respected and almost universally laughed at. 

Hahahaaha.  

As if all the other stuff you been railing about  for years is overshadowed by this lololllololol

Here come the vids lol

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Funny, even the posters at Huffington Post are pissed off about this.   By the way - Obama is off to another party in Rio this weekend.  Holla!     

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/03/16/obama-pittsburgh-one-seeds-ncaa-tournament_n_836375.html

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
fowlersammy   26 minutes ago (8:34 AM)
109 Fans

Ahh, the world is certainly a safer place now that Barack has made his picks. I guess we don't have to worry about the rising debt, inflation, unemployme­nt, the Middle East, Japan, rising energy prices....­...as a matter of fact, Barack, why don't you take some needed time off now that you've made your picks and go to say, Rio this weekend...­..oh, I see you already are. I know you got away with voting "Present" when you were in the Senate, but it doesn't work that way when you're president. Enjoy your one term, because that's all the voters in America are going to give you!

________________________ __________

;)

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
Hahahaaha.  

As if all the other stuff you been railing about  for years is overshadowed by this lololllololol

Here come the vids lol

No.... here comes the childish photoshopped pictures.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
Is this story remotely as important as the debt,deficit, energy, foreign policy?  Of course not! 

It is nitpicking?  Perhaps  absolutley - but it still shows just how unserious and detached from reality this admn is on i am on so many levels.

Btw - how would obama even have the time to follow 64 teams for b ball if he was even half ass doing his job? 
fixed

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
fixed

Thats' funny because I can't find anyone other than you, 240, lurker, ozmo, defending this.  Even on sites usually favorable to obama they are destroying him over his party animal persona he seems to be cultivating.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
Thats' funny because I can't find anyone other than you, 240, lurker, ozmo, defending this.  Even on sites usually favorable to obama they are destroying him over his party animal persona he seems to be cultivating.

because he took 20 min out of his day to pick some teams.. big whoop..

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
because he took 20 min out of his day to pick some teams.. big whoop..

If he is doing hi job - how does he eve have time to keep track of 64 teams? 

BTW - he s heading for partytime in RIO this weeked, spent this week fundraising and partying, is partying on Friday for St. Patty's, giving irrelevent and idiotic speeches on such immediate and pressing issues such as bullying and NCLB. 

One would have thought the disaster that was the mid terms for him would have humbled him and made him be a more serious person, but I guess not.   

Its just downright embarrassing how awful this admn is.   And its no longer just me saying that, its people all over the world laughing their ass off at this shit show.       

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Obama the invisible
By JOHN PODHORETZ

Last Updated: 10:14 AM, March 16, 2011

Posted: 11:48 PM, March 15, 2011

________________________ _____________________

Where is the president? The world is beset. Moammar Khadafy is moving relentlessly to crush the Libyan revolt that once promised the overthrow of one of the world's most despicable regimes.

So where is the president?

Japan may be on the verge of a disaster that dwarfs any we have yet seen. A self-governing nation like the United States needs its leader to take full measure of his position at times of crises when the path forward is no longer clear.

This is not a time for leadership; this is the time for leadership.

So where is Barack Obama?

The moment demands that he rise to the challenge of showing America and the world that he is taking the reins. How leaders act in times of unanticipated crisis, in which they do not have a formulated game plan and must instead navigate in treacherous waters, defines them.

Obama is defining himself in a way that will destroy him.

It is not merely that he isn't rising to the challenge. He is avoiding the challenge. He is Bartleby the President. He would prefer not to.

He has access to a microphone 24 hours a day, seven days a week. If he tells the broadcast networks in the middle of the day that he has a major address to deliver on an unprecedented world situation, they will cancel their programming for him.

And yet, since Friday and a press conference in which he managed to leave the American position on Libya more muddled than it was before, we have not heard his voice. Except in a radio address -- he talked about education legislation.

And he appeared at a fund-raiser in DC. And sat down with ESPN to reveal his NCAA picks.

He cannot go on like this. Niall Ferguson, the very pessimis tic economic his torian, wrote the other day that the best we can now hope for is that Obama leaves the country in the same kind of shape that Jimmy Carter left it in.

That doesn't do Obama justice. Despite how disastrously he has handled the crises of the past two months, he can still turn his presidency around on a dime.

For Obama to save himself, he should be thinking about the example of an unlikely Republican predecessor: Richard Nixon.

The multifarious crises the president now faces are eerily similar to the kinds of calamities that greeted Richard Nixon in his first term from 1969-1972. Then, as now, the world was on fire. Wars erupted between China and the Soviet Union, India and Pakistan, even El Salvador and Honduras.

Jordan was nearly taken over from within by the Palestine Liberation Organization. There were humanitarian disasters in Biafra (the result of civil war), Bangladesh (due to flooding) and Nicaragua (deadly earthquake).

There was more, much more -- including a war he inherited in Vietnam, just as Obama has the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. You get the point.

Nixon in 1968, unlike Obama 2008, was elected as a minority president with only 43 percent of the vote. Yet, in 1972, he won what, in some measures, was the most lopsided election in American history with 61 percent.

Nixon achieved it, in large measure, because he appeared to be a serious man grappling in deadly earnest with the serious problems presented to him by a world careening out of control.

He demonstrated high competency when it came to matters on the world stage. He and his team (primarily Henry Kissinger) developed coherent policies and strategies for coping with the world. There was no question, to friend or foe, that he was fully engaged, paying attention, deeply involved.

Nixon was an awful president in many ways, including in some of his foreign-policy choices. But he left no doubt that foreign policy and America's leadership in the world outside its borders was of paramount importance to him.

All this had the effect of elevating Nixon during his time in office, so that when it came to running against George McGovern in 1972, Nixon seemed like a Titan and McGovern a pipsqueak.

How Nixon conducted himself in office in times of crises made possible his triumphant re-election. Right now, how Obama is conducting himself in a time of crisis is having the opposite effect.

He began his presidency as a potential colossus -- but if he doesn't change, he will finish it as a pipsqueak. Pipsqueaks don't win second terms.

johnpodhoretz@gmail.com

NEW YORK POST

http://www.nypost.com/f/print/news/opinion/opedcolumnists/obama_the_invisible_Ass40MBstf15MAr9DYAORK

________________________ ________________________ ___-

comments at site are far worse than anything I post BTW.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Even the reporters are pissed off at this horrible WH.  What a sad freaking joke.   Watch this from the WH yesterday.  How can any of you even thik about voting for this in 2012? 

Even 240 - could do a better job than this.     

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2011/03/15/cbs_chip_reid_to_whs_carney_isnt_it_time_to_make_a_decision_on_libya.html

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Ha ha ha ha ha ha  

http://video.foxnews.com/v/4586774/beck-does-obama-have-priorities-straight

i have not figured this out yet, are you laughing because you posted something from glen beck. glen beck, give me a break you might as well come out and say your an idiot ;D.than you post something by JOHN PODHORETZ a neoconservative wow that's breaking news he doesn't like obama

OzmO

• Getbig V

This thread shows more than anything that you are like the Al Sharpton of this board.

Again, you are a victim of "tool time".

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
3333 just give up and focus on other issues.. this is getting embarrasing

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

This thread shows more than anything that you are like the Al Sharpton of this board.

I said before - when it comes to obama, I enjoy getting to kick him while he is down.  He kicks the taxayers in the groin daily, i will take my enjoyment in his own failure of a presidency.  

You know, on second thought though, I prefer him staying with the party animal stuff instead of the economy energy, monetary policy, foreign policy, etc - we all see how that usually works itself out.        

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND

Oz-- stop reading articles penned by conservative Journalists that reference Al Sharpton to Sarah Palin. It doesn't become you. People who pay attention to politics will notice and demand that you provide an attribution. I won't name the author or article because I didn't plagarize the comment. Repent upon yourself and post an attribution that names the author, publication and article or I will recommend economic sanctions followed by a no fly zone in this forum.

OzmO

• Getbig V
Oz-- stop reading articles penned by conservative Journalists that reference Al Sharpton to Sarah Palin. It doesn't become you. People who pay attention to politics will notice and demand that you provide an attribution. I won't name the author or article because I didn't plagarize the comment. Repent upon yourself and post an attribution that names the author, publication and article or I will recommend economic sanctions followed by a no fly zone in this forum.

Racist post reported.