Author Topic: Here is why bodybuilding scares the public  (Read 13138 times)

GroinkTropin

• Getbig IV
Here is why bodybuilding scares the public
« on: May 19, 2011, 03:02:39 PM »
So I was checking out transformers 3 previews and someone mentioned this guy Josh Duhamel so I google and this is what I find (among other pictures)

99% of american women get creamy here, and are like "he's so buff! he's huge! droooool"

I literally could not make myself look like this guy. I have a solid base I couldn't even starve off of myself that crushes this twink. And I look like crap! Anyone who has never lifted can look like him, just run a few miles a week and do some pushups and crunches.

So, the above is a male ideal, as per america. And then we stare at this

And we wonder why bodybuilding isn't mainstream.

What I cannot figure out is, who are the fucked up ones? Are women fucked up for oogling a body any lazy bum can achieve in a few weeks or are we fucked up for ooogling a guy who busts his ass and lifts heavy ass weights and takes a shitload of drugs?

Girls see Kai and say "OH MY GOD, HOW GROSS!" While we say "How can girls oogle a twink like this???? He can't even bench 200lbs!"

In the end, as sad as it is, we bodybuilders are on the losing side of this debate :(

Dokey111

• Getbig V
Re: Here is why bodybuilding scares the public
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2011, 04:19:44 PM »
Shut up.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2011, 04:22:00 PM »
In my early days I went into discussions with Joe Public trying to convince them how beautiful bodybuilding could be. Now I realize this debate is completely worthless. Why would you try to convince someone who loves Van Gogh paintings that Dali works are even "better"?!

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2011, 04:31:45 PM »
It's like convincing someone that Photoshop is better than CGI

GroinkTropin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2011, 04:32:16 PM »
In my early days I went into discussions with Joe Public trying to convince them how beautiful bodybuilding could be. Now I realize this debate is completely worthless. Why would you try to convince someone who loves Van Gogh paintings that Dali works are even "better"?!

Because I have muscle, and pride myself on work ethic when I train. Translation- I look nothing like the guy in the picture. Girls do not like any guy over like 160lbs it seems, wish public perception was different...

yates fan

• Getbig III
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2011, 04:38:02 PM »
i have been to a lot of pro shows and seen chicks going crazy over pro bodybuilder physiques.

Ex Coelis

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2011, 04:42:37 PM »
if you want to be like everyone else then go for it

abijahmaniaco

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2011, 04:47:29 PM »
top guy looks like he has yet to hit puberty plus what's with the faggoty face/partial squint?

Aerian

• Getbig IV
  • "Yumm yumm give me some"
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2011, 05:31:14 PM »
Wait for it....

GroinkTropin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2011, 05:48:19 PM »
if you want to be like everyone else then go for it

This thinking always saw me through the toughest times, but frankly I got tired of people (and girls) pretty much ostracizing me for wanting to be huge. I was well into the 240's at 5ft9 for a long time, and it got old.

That said I have been depressed BAD ever since I quit bbing. I don't know what to say or do anymore...Depressed cuz I look like shit, depressed cuz I think I look great and others think I look like shit...Can't fucking win!!!

Ex Coelis

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2011, 05:58:10 PM »
This thinking always saw me through the toughest times, but frankly I got tired of people (and girls) pretty much ostracizing me for wanting to be huge. I was well into the 240's at 5ft9 for a long time, and it got old.

That said I have been depressed BAD ever since I quit bbing. I don't know what to say or do anymore...Depressed cuz I look like shit, depressed cuz I think I look great and others think I look like shit...Can't fucking win!!!

yes, it's tough to go from being a beefy stud to a tiny tit

are you at least ripped? a twinkish physique can still be impressive if you're lean enough

maybe start running and try for the health look

GroinkTropin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2011, 06:04:04 PM »
I stay very lean now, till a couple weeks ago around 8%. Can't get much lower without a very shitty diet, and I enjoy food.

IDK, I miss being huge. But, I do not miss having to eat constantly, and sitting there flexing my arms and chest because they feel soooooo good from having trained them a day or two before.

I also do not miss stressing in the mirror because my right pec is flat while my left is big and full, or that my left lat is much bigger and fuller than my right. Or that my right vastus lateralus won't develop etc etc.

What I DO miss, I fucking miss triple drop set leg presses with my buddy and 12 45s a side on top. I fucking miss front squatting 315, I definitely miss deadlifting 405, I really really really miss heavy heavy training. There was NO feeling like it, never in my life.

I can't train heavy without getting pretty big, maybe there is a middle ground...But of all the aspects of bodybuilding I miss the most, the intense heavy training was definitely it. I lived for it from the time I was 14 til 25.

I remember being 16, and doing incline db presses with 70's, and at night I would dream about hitting the 90's and how big I would be. Ah memories...

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
  • Using Surveillance for Political Subversion(?)
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2011, 06:41:32 PM »
Yes...after all, it's all about you, Methyl Mike.

Firemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2011, 06:42:31 PM »
 Nowadays more and more people are savvy to what it takes to look like a bodybuilder.

The drug abuse, the force feeding, the obsessive compulsive narcisism, the unhealthy practices....

Before the internet lots of people had no idea what it took to look like that, and there was a mystique to it.

But now, almost everyone knows all about the unhealthy lifestyle. And there's nothing cool about it really.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2011, 06:44:33 PM »
i have been to a lot of pro shows and seen chicks going crazy over pro bodybuilder physiques.
You must not have been too close to these "girls".
Next time take a look at the: adams apple, shoe size and 5 O'clock shadow. ;)

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2011, 06:54:27 PM »
Shut up.
Are you related to dukey187?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

GroinkTropin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2011, 07:06:02 PM »
You must not have been too close to these "girls".
Next time take a look at the: adams apple, show size and 5 O'clock shadow. ;)

Yeah pretty much the only females who like bodybuilders are the girlfriends of competitors (who were usually with the guy long before he got into the sport) competitors themselves (you can read that as crazy as fuck women- especially on low carbs!) and- well that's just it.

Outside of our little community you become a freak show never to be taken seriously.

I shit you guys not- as I have gone down in weight, people literally listen to me more and take me more seriously. It's very strange.

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
  • I'm totally Brolic, bro!
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2011, 07:07:53 PM »
Yeah pretty much the only females who like bodybuilders are the girlfriends of competitors (who were usually with the guy long before he got into the sport) competitors themselves (you can read that as crazy as fuck women- especially on low carbs!) and- well that's just it.

Outside of our little community you become a freak show never to be taken seriously.

I shit you guys not- as I have gone down in weight, people literally listen to me more and take me more seriously. It's very strange.

Are you giving out advice as to how not to pay your credit card bills?  ??? ???
D

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2011, 07:08:32 PM »
Nowadays more and more people are savvy to what it takes to look like a bodybuilder.

The drug abuse, the force feeding, the obsessive compulsive narcisism, the unhealthy practices....

Before the internet lots of people had no idea what it took to look like that, and there was a mystique to it.

But now, almost everyone knows all about the unhealthy lifestyle. And there's nothing cool about it really.

x1000000

THE ILLUSION IS GONE.  People have woken up and realize that looking like a super hero is not the same thing as being one.

GroinkTropin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2011, 07:10:03 PM »
Are you giving out advice as to how not to pay your credit card bills?  ??? ???

That is EXACTLY what I do. Line around the block mondays and wednesdays. Hence my being able to post on getbig today, a thursday  ;D

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
  • I'm totally Brolic, bro!
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2011, 07:16:24 PM »
That is EXACTLY what I do. Line around the block mondays and wednesdays. Hence my being able to post on getbig today, a thursday  ;D

Did you also tell them that they will always settle?  ??? ??? And the hell with paying the entire amount..... ???
D

Bam-bam

• Getbig V

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
  • TAKE YO FUCKING JACKET WIT YA
« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2011, 08:52:06 PM »
humans aren't programmed to find shit like juiced up bbers attractive.. we didn't look like that in our cro-magnon days so why would the mind be primitively driven to accept something out of the ordinary?

this is much closer to what women are predisposed to get moist over..

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • stuff for dumplings
« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2011, 09:00:50 PM »
Haha, "I was checking out the latest Transformers 3 news and stumbled upon this shirtless picture of Josh Duhamel"  Gayer than natural peanut butter.

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2011, 09:04:31 PM »
Women love the "sweet spot" between normal athletic guys and extreme. Somewhere in the middle