Author Topic: "Zimmerman Medical Report Shows Broken Nose, Lacerations"  (Read 17256 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: "Zimmerman Medical Report Shows Broken Nose, Lacerations"
« Reply #225 on: May 19, 2012, 03:52:43 PM »
More from Dershowitz:

Drop George Zimmerman’s murder charge
New evidence suggests Trayvon Martin's killer acted in self-defense
BY ALAN DERSHOWITZ / NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
Published: Friday, May 18, 2012, 3:55 AM
Updated: Friday, May 18, 2012, 3:55 AM

A medical report by George Zimmerman’s doctor has disclosed that Zimmerman had a fractured nose, two black eyes, two lacerations on the back of his head and a back injury on the day after the fatal shooting. If this evidence turns out to be valid, the prosecutor will have no choice but to drop the second-degree murder charge against Zimmerman — if she wants to act ethically, lawfully and professionally.

There is, of course, no assurance that the special prosecutor handling the case, State Attorney Angela Corey, will do the right thing. Because until now, her actions have been anything but ethical, lawful and professional.

She was aware when she submitted an affidavit that it did not contain the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. She deliberately withheld evidence that supported Zimmerman’s claim of self-defense. The New York Times has reported that the police had “a full face picture” of Zimmerman, before paramedics treated him, that showed “a bloodied nose.” The prosecutor also had photographic evidence of bruises to the back of his head.

This Feb. 27, 2012 photo released by the State Attorney's Office shows George Zimmerman, the neighborhood watch volunteer who shot Trayvon Martin, with blood on the back of his head. The photo and reports were among evidence released by prosecutors that also includes calls to police, video and numerous other documents.

But none of this was included in any affidavit.

Now there is much more extensive medical evidence that would tend to support Zimmerman’s version of events. This version, if true, would establish self-defense even if Zimmerman had improperly followed, harassed and provoked Martin.

A defendant, under Florida law, loses his “stand your ground” defense if he provoked the encounter — but he retains traditional self-defense if he reasonably believed his life was in danger and his only recourse was to employ deadly force.

Thus, if Zimmerman verbally provoked Martin, but Martin then got on top of Zimmerman and banged his head into the ground, broke his nose, bloodied his eyes and persisted in attacking Zimmerman — and if Zimmerman couldn’t protect himself from further attack except by shooting Martin — he would have the right to do that. (The prosecution has already admitted that it has no evidence that Zimmerman started the actual fight.)

This is a fact-specific case, in which much turns on what the jury believes beyond a reasonable doubt. It must resolve all such doubts in favor of the defendant, because our system of justice insists that it is better for 10 guilty defendants to go free than for even one innocent to be wrongfully convicted.

You wouldn’t know that from listening to Corey, who announced that her jobs was “to do justice for Trayvon Martin” — not for George Zimmerman.

As many see it, her additional job is to prevent riots of the sort that followed the acquittal of the policemen who beat Rodney King.

Indeed, Mansfield Frazier, a columnist for the Daily Beast, has suggested that it is the responsibility of the legal system to “avert a large scale racial calamity.” He has urged Zimmerman’s defense lawyer to become a “savior” by brokering a deal to plead his client guilty to a crime that “has him back on the streets within this decade.”

But it is not the role of a defense lawyer to save the world or the country. His job — his only job — is to get the best result for his client, by all legal and ethical means.

Listen to the way a famous British barrister put it in 1820:

“An advocate, by the sacred duty which he owes his client, knows, in the discharge of that office, but one person in the world, that client and none other . . . Nay, separating even the duties of a patriot from those of an advocate, and casting them, if need be, to the wind, he must go on reckless of the consequences, if his fate it should unhappily be, to involve his country in confusion for his client’s protection.”

The prosecutor’s job is far broader: to do justice to the defendant as well as the alleged victim. As the Supreme Court has said: “The government wins . . . when justice is done.”

Zimmerman’s lawyer is doing his job. It’s about time for the prosecutor to start doing hers.

Dershowitz, a defense attorney, is a professor at Harvard Law School.

http://www.nydailynews.com/opinion/drop-george-zimmerman-murder-charge-article-1.1080161

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #226 on: May 19, 2012, 04:21:20 PM »
wow, a criminal defense lawyer (isn't he one of the OJ team?) says zimmerman is innocent.

In that case, why even have the trial?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #227 on: May 19, 2012, 04:23:17 PM »
You plainly stated this little gem -

And youve been ducking my query for ANY sort of proof for the last several posts, even to the extent to pretend like I didnt even post it.

Post proof that the NRA instructor said this. Cause Im beginning to think you just made this up, like youve been doing with half your facts. Youre turning into the Political boards Vince G.

I'm not sure I can prove this to you.  The guy was chatting about the situation. Sorry I can't link you to a conversation.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #228 on: May 19, 2012, 04:25:32 PM »
I'm not sure I can prove this to you.  The guy was chatting about the situation. Sorry I can't link you to a conversation.
So you have no way of backing up this conversation? You have no way of actually proving this ever happened. Just you, speaking on behalf of an NRA INSTRUCTOR for a conversation that may have never happened.

Good to know your still making up facts to back yourself up.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #229 on: May 19, 2012, 04:28:06 PM »

Translation:  I made it up. 

Now there's a shocker.  lol 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #230 on: May 19, 2012, 04:35:39 PM »
He said that the 2 block pursuit sure ain't gonna help him with the jury.

The prosecutor cited that 2 block pursuit and 911 call in her opening paragraph.

You can keep saying that its irrelevant, but when the prosecutor says it matters.... well, ,I dunno where we go from here.  It appears to me that you can't chase someone for blocks, enter an alley, shoot them, and say "you can't prove what happened in that alley" and the chase, profanity, and motive for revenge aren't relevant.  Maybe I'm wrong tho.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #231 on: May 19, 2012, 04:38:39 PM »
He said that the 2 block pursuit sure ain't gonna help him with the jury.

The prosecutor cited that 2 block pursuit and 911 call in her opening paragraph.

You can keep saying that its irrelevant, but when the prosecutor says it matters.... well, ,I dunno where we go from here.  It appears to me that you can't chase someone for blocks, enter an alley, shoot them, and say "you can't prove what happened in that alley" and the chase, profanity, and motive for revenge aren't relevant.  Maybe I'm wrong tho.

The point is your spewing others opinions with no way to back yourself up.
In other words, in the eyes of a courtroom, your lying.

The Prosecutor went to far and she knows it.
You REALLY think she would have admitted she had no way of disproving his story, practically handing him his bail, if she had all this evidence?
Jesus Christ.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #232 on: May 19, 2012, 04:40:06 PM »
zimm made statements about the attack and he can't back them up.  Said trayvon doubled back and jumped him.  He can't back them up.

He cannot back that up - is he lying?  Of course not.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #233 on: May 19, 2012, 04:40:42 PM »
zimm made statements about the attack and he can't back them up.  Said trayvon doubled back and jumped him.  He can't back them up.

He cannot back that up - is he lying?  Of course not.
Zimm doesnt have to back them up.
The prosecution has to prove he's lying.

Herp derp derp you dweeb.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #234 on: May 19, 2012, 04:41:49 PM »
You REALLY think she would have admitted she had no way of disproving his story, practically handing him his bail, if she had all this evidence?

Shootings happen all the time when they can't disprove the story because only 2 ppl saw it, and 1 is dead.

Sometimes the shooter goes to jail.  Sometimes he doesn't.

Sometimes the prosecutor can't disprove the story, but they just plain believe the dude is lying and they convict him.  

In this case, we've already seen a few 'inconsistencies' or 'revisions' with zimm's story.  So I think it's likely the jury will say he's lying about some or all of it.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #235 on: May 19, 2012, 04:43:37 PM »
Shootings happen all the time when they can't disprove the story because only 2 ppl saw it, and 1 is dead.

Sometimes the shooter goes to jail.  Sometimes he doesn't.

Sometimes the prosecutor can't disprove the story, but they just plain believe the dude is lying and they convict him.  

In this case, we've already seen a few 'inconsistencies' or 'revisions' with zimm's story.  So I think it's likely the jury will say he's lying about some or all of it.
Back it up, hotshot.

This is supposed to be the land of innocent until proven guilty.
So until you can post cases of a man getting charge for 2nd degree murder where a prosecutor cant prove his story false, youre just blowing hot air.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #236 on: May 19, 2012, 04:49:17 PM »
Back it up, hotshot.

So until you can post cases of a man getting charge for 2nd degree murder where a prosecutor cant prove his story false, youre just blowing hot air.

that's a very good challenge.  I shall try to find one.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #237 on: May 19, 2012, 04:54:04 PM »
that's a very good challenge.  I shall try to find one.
I wont hold my breath.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #238 on: May 19, 2012, 05:04:11 PM »
lol

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #239 on: May 20, 2012, 12:36:43 PM »
Back it up, hotshot.

This isn't the land of "innocent until proven guilty".......its the land of "Money talks and bullshit walks".... ::)

I've already stated that Zimmerman is likely going to plead out his case because he'll never be found "not guilty"....no jury is simply going to let him walk out a free man...period.

Whatever went down that night....one thing is clear.  Zimmerman may have gotten an ass whipping by Trayvon but its nothing compared to being dead......you can't come back from that.  He created the situation by his own actions and he's going to pay for it one way or another.  Even by some odd miracle that he walked out a free man....somebody is going to seriously fuck him up or his family regardless.

He's screwed big time...
A

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #240 on: May 20, 2012, 01:28:06 PM »

This isn't the land of "innocent until proven guilty".......its the land of "Money talks and bullshit walks".... ::)

I've already stated that Zimmerman is likely going to plead out his case because he'll never be found "not guilty"....no jury is simply going to let him walk out a free man...period.

Whatever went down that night....one thing is clear.  Zimmerman may have gotten an ass whipping by Trayvon but its nothing compared to being dead......you can't come back from that.  He created the situation by his own actions and he's going to pay for it one way or another.  Even by some odd miracle that he walked out a free man....somebody is going to seriously fuck him up or his family regardless.

He's screwed big time...
Ya ya ya, we all know, you keep telling us how he's going to plead out, even though he just plead NOT GUILTY.

Stupid fuck.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #241 on: May 20, 2012, 01:31:58 PM »
Ya ya ya, we all know, you keep telling us how he's going to plead out, even though he just plead NOT GUILTY.

Stupid fuck.

Again you can plead out all the way up to where the jury is deliberating the case. 
A

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #242 on: May 20, 2012, 01:32:29 PM »
Again you can plead out all the way up to where the jury is deliberating the case. 
Yea, no shit sherlock.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #243 on: May 20, 2012, 01:47:35 PM »
wow, a criminal defense lawyer (isn't he one of the OJ team?) says zimmerman is innocent.

In that case, why even have the trial?

He certainly knows more than you. This story has shown you to be borderline retarded and completely ignorant of this country's justice system as well as a scumbag liar.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #244 on: May 20, 2012, 01:49:15 PM »
He certainly knows more than you. This story has shown you to be borderline retarded and completely ignorant of this country's justice system as well as a scumbag liar.

let's not forget, now the Feds are in n this too!   

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #245 on: May 20, 2012, 06:34:51 PM »
Bullshit. 240 will tell you that he learned on MSDNC that these are all lies.

whats so hard to understand here?...the guy jumped Trayvon, bit off more than he could chew...got his ass handed to him...and Zimmerdumb shot him because he couldn't take getting his ass destroyed like a man

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #246 on: May 20, 2012, 06:35:49 PM »
let's not forget, now the Feds are in n this too!   

and the FEDS NEVER lose

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #247 on: May 20, 2012, 06:50:14 PM »
and the FEDS NEVER lose

LOL.    Yeah amazing a bi sexual idiot like applauds that.  ::).

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #248 on: May 20, 2012, 09:44:45 PM »
LOL.    Yeah amazing a bi sexual idiot like applauds that.  ::).

bi sexual idiot????......you are really losing it

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #249 on: May 20, 2012, 10:49:10 PM »

Whatever went down that night....one thing is clear.  Zimmerman may have gotten an ass whipping by Trayvon but its nothing compared to being dead......you can't come back from that.  He created the situation by his own actions and he's going to pay for it one way or another.  Even by some odd miracle that he walked out a free man....somebody is going to seriously fuck him up or his family regardless.

He's screwed big time...

I disagree.  I think the prosecutor didn't take this to a grand jury because the evidence is so weak she may not have been able to get an indictment.  Unless there is some smoking gun (so to speak), he'll likely be acquitted. 

And he's not going to have a problem in society.  If a true pariah like OJ can get away with murder and still play golf for years, Zimmerman will be fine.  He's nowhere near the pariah that OJ or someone like Casey Anthony were/are.