Author Topic: ObamaCare stays - SC Rules 6-3  (Read 18200 times)

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
Re: ObamaCare stays - SC Rules 6-3
« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2012, 09:53:02 AM »
Now three things in life you will go through and pay for, Death, Taxes & Obama Care!

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2012, 09:53:09 AM »
Who wouldn't want health insurance?  I can't imagine most people being able to afford 100% of medical bills.  I don't agree with them being able to charge you tax for not getting insurance.  The penalty for not having insurance, is having to foot the entire bill.  They shouldn't add tax on top of that.

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2012, 10:05:25 AM »
Who wouldn't want health insurance?  I can't imagine most people being able to afford 100% of medical bills.  I don't agree with them being able to charge you tax for not getting insurance.  The penalty for not having insurance, is having to foot the entire bill.  They shouldn't add tax on top of that.

yes, but they shouldn't take away the choice, and make it illegal.  

it's like having to pay a rent for being alive, well I guess in a way you are renting your body, the government owns it. maybe obama is a genius, wow this is awesome!

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2012, 10:05:45 AM »
I'm taken care of the rest of my life medically so this doesn't concern me but I really don't know how to feel about this...I'm happy for the people that couldn't afford health care I'm upset at the consequences that will result from this.  Another feather in the good Pres' Cap.  Haters gonna hate.

Thanks Roberts, your the best player on the Dems team... ;D

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
« Reply #29 on: June 28, 2012, 10:09:18 AM »
I'm taken care of the rest of my life medically so this doesn't concern me but I really don't know how to feel about this...I'm happy for the people that couldn't afford health care I'm upset at the consequences that will result from this.  Another in the good Pres' Cap.  Haters gonna hate.

people who could not afford health insurance were put on medicare and medicaid insurance as it were already.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #30 on: June 28, 2012, 10:09:26 AM »
yes, but they shouldn't take away the choice, and make it illegal.  

it's like having to pay a rent for being alive, well I guess in a way you are renting your body, the government owns it. maybe obama is a genius, wow this is awesome!
It's illegal?  I thought you just had to pay a tax if you do not have coverage?  I don't get it.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #31 on: June 28, 2012, 10:10:45 AM »
It's illegal?  I thought you just had to pay a tax if you do not have coverage?  I don't get it.

No you don't get get it. 

Obamacare mandates far more than ER coverage. 

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
Re: ObamaCare stays - SC Rules 5-4
« Reply #32 on: June 28, 2012, 10:11:59 AM »

If you have health insurance already (either self-purchased or provided to you by your workplace) - You won't have to worry about the mandate or tax whatsoever.

If you are able to afford health insurance, but decide to not purchase it, then you will be taxed.

"1"

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
« Reply #33 on: June 28, 2012, 10:17:14 AM »

Obamacare is the first FEDERALLY mandatory insurance. If you don't buy the insurance you are fined.

the centerpiece of ObamaCare is the individual mandate, a provision that makes it mandatory for every citizen to purchase private health insurance, which is unprecedented in American history.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: June 28, 2012, 10:19:12 AM »
The Supreme Court's Conservative Wing Fears A Federal Power Grab
Abby Rogers|24 minutes ago|126|

Justices Anthony Kennedy, Clarence Thomas, Antonin Scalia, and Samuel Alito are not happy about the Supreme Court's ruling to uphold the heart of Obamacare.

And they're letting everyone know it in a blistering dissent.

As to be expected, they opposed the insurance mandate, contending it wrongly regulates some Americans' failure to maintain coverage.

But failure is not commerce, meaning Congress has no power over it, they said.

"One does not regulate commerce that does not exist by compelling its existence," the dissent stated.

The three conservative justices and the one swing-voter bash Congress for trying to overstep its power, saying the government can't "regulate all private conduct."

While the high court has long given Congress leeway when it comes to taxing and spending, the government has taken things too far, according to the dissent.

The four unhappy justices pointed out that the federal government has gotten so big that it has created departments for areas it was never meant to regulate, like education and housing.

But for some justices, one dissent just wasn't enough. Check out Thomas' individual dissent as well as Kennedy's individual dissent >

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/obamacare-dissent-2012-6#ixzz1z6qOQ5As

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: June 28, 2012, 10:23:35 AM »
Obamacare is the first FEDERALLY mandatory insurance. If you do buy the insurance you are fined.

Yes and No.

What it should truly be known as is a new healthcare tax.  If you buy the insurance you are paying the fee for the overall insurance provided to you, if you don't buy the insurance, you are taxed (as a penalty), which can then be used to cover the overhead costs of providing medical care to those who opt out when they decide to show up to a hospital.

I wouldn't say it's the first federally mandated form of insurance, since we all pay a medicare tax and that in itself is a mandatory form of insurance that we ALL pay for.

"1"

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: June 28, 2012, 10:26:15 AM »
Yes and No.

What it should truly be known as is a new healthcare tax.  If you buy the insurance you are paying the fee for the overall insurance provided to you, if you don't but the insurance, you are taxed (as a penalty), which can then be used to cover the overhead costs of providing medical care to those who opt out when they decide to show up to a hospital.

I wouldn't say it's the first federally mandated form of insurance, since we all pay a medicare tax and that in itself is a mandatory form of insurance that we ALL pay for.

"1"

Obama lied about this too. 

MB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #37 on: June 28, 2012, 11:10:10 AM »
It is an individual's right to not purchase goods or services.  If the IRS is going to assess this penalty, I assume that you can still get around the individual mandate if you do not file taxes (do not earn any income). 

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #38 on: June 28, 2012, 11:28:47 AM »
this statement made by you is the end of all humanity.  you dont pay for anything, so it dosnt matter to you.

but guess what? there are people who pay for you, you filt

I served my country....thats why
A

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: June 28, 2012, 11:32:04 AM »
I served my country....thats why

STFU - you got rolled out before even being in for a year on a sick chit and have been taking benes ever since.  You were mopping the latrines and the head but make it like you were fucking rambo. 

95er please!   

LATS

• Getbig IV
« Reply #40 on: June 28, 2012, 11:52:05 AM »
 no matter what side you are on OBAMA LIED TO YOU.. he is on video repeatedly saying this is NOT A TAX.. this bill would not have gone through even with democratic votes if it was labeled as a tax.. now we find out that the argument put forth by the obama legal team to the supreme court is that IT WAS A TAX.. but he has denied all along.. now he is telling us "yeah i fooled ya.. it is a tax"..  this will be appealed.. even demos are feeling the heat when they have to go back and tell their constituents that we misled you.. whether it was intentional or not on their part.. 

makaveli25

• Getbig V
  • RTR
« Reply #41 on: June 28, 2012, 12:11:15 PM »
I'm taken care of the rest of my life medically so this doesn't concern me but I really don't know how to feel about this...I'm happy for the people that couldn't afford health care I'm upset at the consequences that will result from this.  Another feather in the good Pres' Cap.  Haters gonna hate.

Your just like all of the black retards I work with. When it really comes down to it most of them have pretty conservative views but they voted for and support Obama because he's black and they think they're going to get handouts. Black people are the biggest sheep!

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: June 28, 2012, 12:13:53 PM »

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: June 28, 2012, 12:15:23 PM »
Your just like all of the black retards I work with. When it really comes down to it most of them have pretty conservative views but they voted for and support Obama because he's black and they think the're going to get handouts. Black people are the biggest sheep!

95% of blacks are pathetic sheep and followers.  Race over all else.   

The 5% who are independent thinkers like mcway, powell, condi, sowell, get attacked by the lynch mob of lemmings for not engaging in group think.   

makaveli25

• Getbig V
  • RTR
« Reply #44 on: June 28, 2012, 12:18:05 PM »

The 5% who are independent thinkers like mcway, powell, condi, sowell, get attacked by the lynch mob of lemmings for not engaging in group think.   

Yup. That's exactly true.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #45 on: June 28, 2012, 12:44:07 PM »
As the day goes on it's coming out more and more that the decision was last minute and Roberts was some how "persuaded" to change his opinion when he said it was a "tax" the problem is his weak opinion never said what kind of a tax it was, excise, income, etc. This is sounding fishy.

bike nut

• Getbig V
  • Desperation is a stinky cologne
« Reply #46 on: June 28, 2012, 12:56:51 PM »
Not surprised

Not to pick nits, but wasn't the SC vote 5-4?

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: June 28, 2012, 12:58:46 PM »
Not to pick nits, but wasn't the SC vote 5-4?

Yes.

"1"

Edit - I tried to help without being too obvious (look at all of my posts and the name of the title as it appears on my responses).

bike nut

• Getbig V
  • Desperation is a stinky cologne
« Reply #48 on: June 28, 2012, 01:00:11 PM »
Yes.

"1"

Well.....considering who the OP was.  ;D

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #49 on: June 28, 2012, 01:00:34 PM »

Like you're an independent thinker!? You just regurgitate/cut & paste from partisan/gutter websites. You wouldn't know an original thought if it dong slapped you. Hypocrite.