Author Topic: Have you been ignoring your white Privilege today?  (Read 14220 times)

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
Re: Have you been ignoring your white Privilege today?
« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2013, 08:44:33 PM »
Good guess, but the correct answer is Greek. Sorry about the whole Eurozone crisis thing, brah.

YA'SOU!  8)

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2013, 06:41:32 AM »
I hope to God the Supreme Court strikes the racist and ass backward affirmative action disease which does nothing except put stupid people in positions they can't handle while unquestionably contributing to the dumbing down of America's stature in the world.

With that in mind, another brilliant left wing program: Overcoming White Privilege. I think i'll speak in Ebonics and start break dancing at work today  ::)

Wisconsin’s VISTA Program Encourages Volunteers to Overcome White 'Privilege’
March 13, 2013
By Patrick Burke

(CNSNews.com) - The Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction (DPI) wants its white VISTA volunteers who work with low-income, racially diverse public schools to examine the “privilege” their Caucasian race confers on them.

DPI devotes an entire Web page to “Power and Privilege,” including links to racial justice workshops and online tests where VISTA volunteers can “learn about your personal bias.”

One “diversity” document linked to DPI’s Web site suggests that white people “wear a white wristband as a reminder about your privilege, and as a personal commitment to explain why you wear the wristband.”

The document -- written by a diversity resource center in New Jersey -- also suggests that white people ask themselves questions, such as: “How do I ignore privilege? What am I doing today to undo my privilege? How do I fool myself into thinking I am powerless?”

Other suggestions for white people include:

-- Set aside sections of the day to critically examine how privilege is working.
-- Put a note on your mirror or computer screen as a reminder to think about privilege.
-- Make a daily list of the ways privilege played out, and steps taken or not taken to address privilege.
-- Find a person of color who is willing to hold you accountable for addressing privilege.

The Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction is the state agency that advances public education and libraries in Wisconsin.

DPI notes that its AmeriCorps VISTA volunteers are serving in schools that are culturally and racially diverse, and therefore DPI provide “multiple opportunities for training…that help the volunteers better serve the schools and communities in which they are placed.”

(The document mentioned above is just “one strand of information” provided for Wisconsin VISTA volunteers.)

“Not only should you examine the kind of privilege you bring to your (work) site but also how power is distributed among the families, community members, and students you work with,” the DPI Web site says. “The VISTA project encourages VISTAs to think about power and privilege in the context of race, gender, socio-economic status, to name only a few.”

At the top of the DPI’s “Power and Privilege” Web page is a quotation from feminist Gloria Steinem that reads: “The first problem for all of us, men and women, is not to learn, but to unlearn.”

AmeriCorps VISTA (Volunteers in Service to America) is the national service program designed specifically to fight poverty.

VISTA members commit to serve full-time for a year at a nonprofit organization or local government agency, working to fight illiteracy, improve health services, create businesses, and strengthen community groups.

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/wisconsin-s-vista-program-encourages-volunteers-overcome-white-privilege

well first of all your stupid post referring strictly to blacks is a dead give-away of your racism....as if ONLY blacks have benefitted from affirmative action....the fact of the matter is that HISPANICS AND ASIANS HAVE BENFITTED FROM AFFIRMATIVE ACTION AND THAT WHITE WOMEN HAVE GOTTEN THE MOST EMPLOYMENT AND SOCIAL GAINS FROM AFFIRMATIVE ACTION...how convenient that those groups have been left out of your post to bolster your anti- black agenda...so my friend you have given yourself away yet again as pusrposely anti-black...which calls your reasoning into question....

Also its really funny that you are bringing up this issue because we all know that WHITES HAVE ALWAYS HAD AFFIRMATIVE ACTION SINCE THE TIME OF THE PILGRIMS..ITS CALLED DISCRIMINATION.....I guess in your racist mind, ALL WHITES are qualified for their jobs....and ALL WHITES are deemed competent and smart....

your racism boggles the mind..you've managed to embarrass yourself yet again with stupis idiotic posts which have no foundation..consider yourself officially in 333386 land along with tommy and Mcway

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2013, 06:43:12 AM »
Wwwaaahhhhhhh.    Go back to bed.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2013, 06:44:10 AM »
I just bought a makeup kit to help mask my whiteness. I'll go down to the local barbershop later today and attempt to apologize for...something.

Nevermind that despite being arbitrarily included into the 'white' gerrymander, most of my people came to this country in a post-slavery context and were treated just as poorly as blacks.

Thanks Wisconsin (or rather, a small class of self-hating persons within Wisconsin).

this post is beneath you..I thought you were smarter than this

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2013, 06:46:29 AM »
You completely miss the point and have a very bizarre interpretation as to why this story irritates anyone with common sense and decency.

The only ones acting like its a privilege to be white are marxist special interest groups, academia and the Democratic Party leadership as a whole. They made up the entire fallacy of white privilege in order to continue perpetrating the myth that America is an inherently and permanently racist country and that as a result, some minorities (basically just blacks at this point) are entitled to government intervention and dependency for all time. DrKaje is right-- the only color that matters is GREEN. But that would imply that blacks can actually succeed on their own-- which squashes the myth of white privilege.

Not to mention the fact that for 3 decades there has been large scale institutionalized affirmative action in both the public and private sector which incontrovertibly tips the scales in favor of minority candidates (except asians)-- even in instances where minority recipients of racial preferences are actually harmed in both the short and long term.

Basically, this program's aim is to have a bunch of white people make jack asses out of themselves for the lofty goal of cultivating some non-existent understanding about racism. And not to point out the obvious, but why the fuck is time and money being wasted on garbage like this when Americas public education system is in the toilet? How about doing something that will really help inner city black kids-- like having workshops for teachers that are designed to improve their teaching methods and handle classroom situations.

again mentioning just blacks in your post...keep it up..you are so proving my point ;)...you need to ask yourself why are black people on your mind so much today???

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2013, 06:51:27 AM »
again mentioneing just blacks in your post...keep it up..you are so proving my point ;)

Stay out da bushes.  

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: March 15, 2013, 06:52:41 AM »

Stay out da bushes.  

another intellectually challenged post consisting of your maximum four words....thats how you got to 100,000 posts so quickly

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2013, 06:53:25 AM »
actually my posts aren't for you , idiot,...your intellectual functioning can't handle this type of conversation....why don't you go to YouTube and cue up some rants by some no-nothing white guy like you usually do

You meant "know nothing?" Genius? 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2013, 06:55:57 AM »
another intellectually challenged post consisting of your maximum four words....thats how you got to 100,000 posts so quickly

We're you in Brooklyn rioting last night? 

B_B_C

• Getbig IV
  • change is the lot of all
« Reply #34 on: March 15, 2013, 07:08:32 AM »

Stay out da bushes.  

are you always this articulate or did you make a special effort on this occasion?
c

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #35 on: March 15, 2013, 02:19:33 PM »
well first of all your stupid post referring strictly to blacks is a dead give-away of your racism....as if ONLY blacks have benefitted from affirmative action....the fact of the matter is that HISPANICS AND ASIANS HAVE BENFITTED FROM AFFIRMATIVE ACTION AND THAT WHITE WOMEN HAVE GOTTEN THE MOST EMPLOYMENT AND SOCIAL GAINS FROM AFFIRMATIVE ACTION...how convenient that those groups have been left out of your post to bolster your anti- black agenda...so my friend you have given yourself away yet again as pusrposely anti-black...which calls your reasoning into question....

Also its really funny that you are bringing up this issue because we all know that WHITES HAVE ALWAYS HAD AFFIRMATIVE ACTION SINCE THE TIME OF THE PILGRIMS..ITS CALLED DISCRIMINATION.....I guess in your racist mind, ALL WHITES are qualified for their jobs....and ALL WHITES are deemed competent and smart....

your racism boggles the mind..you've managed to embarrass yourself yet again with stupis idiotic posts which have no foundation..consider yourself officially in 333386 land along with tommy and Mcway

- There are more women than men in college today
- Wages are virtually identical
- Test scores are virtually identical
- Women do not need affirmative action

And by the way-- The lawsuit before the Supreme Court in the current session which will determine the future of affirmative action was brought by... (wait for it).... a WHITE WOMAN.

-Historically, Asians are actually better test takers than whites and in many instances ( especially academia) Asians do not receive any special treatment because of race.
- Asians do not need affirmative action.

It is interesting to observe your simple minded justification for racial quotas and affirmative action. It's the same childish argument liberals make for everything. You want to believe that your point of view is righteous and justified but there is no actual evidence to substantiate your position. But, instead of conceding that reality and imagination are diametrically opposed, you insist on facilitating your delusions through the use of unverifiable generalizations which concern things that you clearly don't understand. Absent evidence, your conclude by rubberstamping a one size fits all moral equivalency argument to underscore your conveniently self imposed moral high ground. Its the- "So what if OJ did it, Whites definitely got away with murder before because America is racist" argument. It's also the Obama presidency argument. It's also the (fill in the blank).

You seriously just made the argument that affirmative action should continue in 2013 because since the Pilgrims, Whites have been given preferential treatment for jobs.  ::)

Does anything else even need to be said?  

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: March 15, 2013, 06:45:21 PM »

Stay out da bushes.  

this^^^ hahahah!!!

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #37 on: March 15, 2013, 06:50:07 PM »
Hey you greaseball wop, you must mean 'malakas' seeing as Mavrakis is a proper name.

He needs to play more GTA IV:

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: March 15, 2013, 06:53:59 PM »
He needs to play more GTA IV:

Oh yeah..... Always wondered what that meant!!

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #39 on: March 15, 2013, 08:17:37 PM »
Today, at work, a friend was concentrating on something... asked if he was contemplating his white privilege. :) He laughed and asked for a bracelet, LOL! He said the idea was so stupid that he'd love to be black to properly laugh at it. I made him an honorary black man, gave official permission to use the N-word, and gave some basic instruction on the correct inflection to pronounce properly.

It was a good day.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: March 15, 2013, 08:21:23 PM »
Hey you greaseball wop, you must mean 'malakas' seeing as Mavrakis is a proper name.

What exactly is unintelligent about my comments? I simply find it funny that officials in Wisconsin are arbitrarily classifying my people as white and instructing us to feel guilty independent of our history and independent of the fact that historically, we've had as little access to the power structures of the country as blacks.

Mavrakis is a little ______.   Malaka is a bigger ______

Right?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: March 15, 2013, 09:22:22 PM »
Mavrakis is a surname. So, unless thousands of Greeks (like Obi Wan's wife) are titled 'little niggar,' I'm afraid you are mistaken.

'Malaka' ends up functioning like the n-word: it can be utilized among friends but is liable to end in fisticuffs if uttered to a random stranger. I'm not aware of any differentiation between little niggars and big niggars.

I learned it on the streets of Asotoria Queens from my two best friends who are Greek.  Both are far more racist then I am FYI.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: March 15, 2013, 10:45:02 PM »
I learned it on the streets of Asotoria Queens from my two best friends who are Greek.  Both are far more racist then I am FYI.
You say this with such glee..glad to see how delighted you are that you fit in

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: March 15, 2013, 10:51:42 PM »

And by the way-- The lawsuit before the Supreme Court in the current session which will determine the future of affirmative action was brought by... (wait for it).... a WHITE WOMAN.

-Historically, Asians are actually better test takers than whites and in many instances ( especially academia) Asians do not receive any special treatment because of race.
- Asians do not need affirmative action.

It is interesting to observe your simple minded justification for racial quotas and affirmative action. It's the same childish argument liberals make for everything. You want to believe that your point of view is righteous and justified but there is no actual evidence to substantiate your position. But, instead of conceding that reality and imagination are diametrically opposed, you insist on facilitating your delusions through the use of unverifiable generalizations which concern things that you clearly don't understand. Absent evidence, your conclude by rubberstamping a one size fits all moral equivalency argument to underscore your conveniently self imposed moral high ground. Its the- "So what if OJ did it, Whites definitely got away with murder before because America is racist" argument. It's also the Obama presidency argument. It's also the (fill in the blank).

You seriously just made the argument that affirmative action should continue in 2013 because since the Pilgrims, Whites have been given preferential treatment for jobs.  ::)

Does anything else even need to be said?  

whether in your feeble mind they deserve it or not women HAVE BEEN AND CONTINUE TO BE, the beneficiaries of affirmative action...also its really weird how you make up assertions in your posts...which is the sign of a troll.....I never made any assertion that affirmative action should continue due to past racial bias by whites nor did I even say whether I was FOR OR AGAINST affirmative action...I simply stated facts and countered your incredibly stupiid assertion that ONLY BLACKS have benefitted from affirmative action and I pointed out past racism by whites...I wonder why you don't talk about that?

I AM SO GODDAMNED TIRED OF DESTROYING YOU

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #44 on: March 16, 2013, 10:41:04 AM »

It happens pretty often.

The children of immigrants magically become white.

Want to hear some real racism?! Find an Indian person and get their honest opinion. They darn near invented structuring society based upon skin color, LOL! Dated an Indian chick for a while and she pretty much believed any white person (in America) who didn't find a way to become rich was just lazy.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #45 on: March 16, 2013, 08:13:12 PM »
It happens pretty often.

The children of immigrants magically become white.

Want to hear some real racism?! Find an Indian person and get their honest opinion. They darn near invented structuring society based upon skin color, LOL! Dated an Indian chick for a while and she pretty much believed any white person (in America) who didn't find a way to become rich was just lazy.

You know what's really hilarious... I myself have on many occasions reaped the benefits of "white skin privilege",
...at least until they discovered my skin was not white. I can assure you the contrast in my treatment afterwards became markedly different. Some people were able to disguise the shock they experienced, ...others were not.

There have been all sorts of studies done whereby job candidates were selected on the basis of their resumes alone. They took the resumes of foreign immigrants, copied them, and substituted the candidates name for a very WASPy name, ...all other factors were identical. (ie: education, work experience etc...) The candidates with the WASPy sounding names were at least 5 - 6 x's more likely to be called in for interviews.

When you look at the case of Abner Louima, who was gunned down on his own front porch by NYPD's finest for reaching for his wallet. Here was a man, an African immigrant, sitting on his own front porch, minding his own business, in a Black neighbourhood. These plain clothes officers thought a Black man sitting on a front porch was "suspicious" and confronted him. Due to a language barrier and the aggressive manner in which the plain clothes officers approached, he thought he was being robbed, and attempted to give them his wallet. The officers immediately opened fire on him, riddling him with 41 bullets if memory serves me correctly. The police and many white NY'ers then attempted to blame Mr. Louima because "He should have known they were police officers." When asked how he should have known this, the response was, "Because they were white, he should have known they were 'the good guys' ". ::)

Then there was the case of the brown skinned secret service agent who was ordered off an airplane shortly after 911, because the white passengers on that plane didn't feel comfortable being on the airplane with him.

How many blond haired, blue eyed, white men were kicked out of federal buildings after Oklahoma City?

When was the last time a blond haired, blue eyed white male was ordered to leave someplace because Ted Bundy had committed heinous crimes. We never see White males being ordered out of steak houses because Jeffrey Dalhmer was on a killing spree, chopping up people and using their internal organs as entrees.

The truth is white skin privilege DOES exist, ...not to the extent it did before, but it does exist, and to deny it's existence makes you either one who is ignorant, or simply disengenuous.
w

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #46 on: March 16, 2013, 08:26:18 PM »

If you consider a woman earning 77 cents for every dollar a man earns to be virtually identical, then ya. ::)

When Christine Jones gets a call for an interview, as many times as she does when submitting a resume under the name of Chris Jones, then perhaps.

So, ...Joe the plumber was campaigning for John McCain in 2008. what's your point?
w

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #47 on: March 16, 2013, 09:31:12 PM »

If you consider a woman earning 77 cents for every dollar a man earns to be virtually identical, then ya. ::)

When Christine Jones gets a call for an interview, as many times as she does when submitting a resume under the name of Chris Jones, then perhaps.

So, ...Joe the plumber was campaigning for John McCain in 2008. what's your point?

The stupidity of your response is a self owning by default. I could dig up some actual facts to embarrass you, but what would be the point? You're a moron. Andre is a moron. You guys will always be morons. Affirmative action was designed for people like you. No amount of facts or reality will set you straight so there is no point in wasting my time. Continue wallowing in ignorance. I'm sure there will always be a government program to pay for it.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: March 16, 2013, 10:11:51 PM »
You know what's really hilarious... I myself have on many occasions reaped the benefits of "white skin privilege",
...at least until they discovered my skin was not white. I can assure you the contrast in my treatment afterwards became markedly different. Some people were able to disguise the shock they experienced, ...others were not.

There have been all sorts of studies done whereby job candidates were selected on the basis of their resumes alone. They took the resumes of foreign immigrants, copied them, and substituted the candidates name for a very WASPy name, ...all other factors were identical. (ie: education, work experience etc...) The candidates with the WASPy sounding names were at least 5 - 6 x's more likely to be called in for interviews.

When you look at the case of Abner Louima, who was gunned down on his own front porch by NYPD's finest for reaching for his wallet. Here was a man, an African immigrant, sitting on his own front porch, minding his own business, in a Black neighbourhood. These plain clothes officers thought a Black man sitting on a front porch was "suspicious" and confronted him. Due to a language barrier and the aggressive manner in which the plain clothes officers approached, he thought he was being robbed, and attempted to give them his wallet. The officers immediately opened fire on him, riddling him with 41 bullets if memory serves me correctly. The police and many white NY'ers then attempted to blame Mr. Louima because "He should have known they were police officers." When asked how he should have known this, the response was, "Because they were white, he should have known they were 'the good guys' ". ::)

Then there was the case of the brown skinned secret service agent who was ordered off an airplane shortly after 911, because the white passengers on that plane didn't feel comfortable being on the airplane with him.

How many blond haired, blue eyed, white men were kicked out of federal buildings after Oklahoma City?

When was the last time a blond haired, blue eyed white male was ordered to leave someplace because Ted Bundy had committed heinous crimes. We never see White males being ordered out of steak houses because Jeffrey Dalhmer was on a killing spree, chopping up people and using their internal organs as entrees.

The truth is white skin privilege DOES exist, ...not to the extent it did before, but it does exist, and to deny it's existence makes you either one who is ignorant, or simply disengenuous.

This is a truly amazing post but unfortunately only those who have actual education and an open mind to the truth will appreciate it...the idiots on here will put it down immediately of course because they don't want to hear about anything that shows how whites are really treated and how others are discriminated against....whites seem to have this thing where they are so afraid of their privilege being exposed because it puts to rest their bullshit "all people are treated equally under the constitution" bullshit.....and it would also show the true advantages they have so they can't pull that "I can do it why can't you" bullcrap either

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: March 17, 2013, 01:19:21 AM »
This is a truly amazing post but unfortunately only those who have actual education and an open mind to the truth will appreciate it...the idiots on here will put it down immediately of course because they don't want to hear about anything that shows how whites are really treated and how others are discriminated against....whites seem to have this thing where they are so afraid of their privilege being exposed because it puts to rest their bullshit "all people are treated equally under the constitution" bullshit.....and it would also show the true advantages they have so they can't pull that "I can do it why can't you" bullcrap either

Yes, your education is displayed in your outstanding grammar!

Keep up the good work Andre!

I'm sorry you're not satisfied with all that white people have provided you.  Maybe you shouldn't bite the hand that feeds though?